Toonami Returns 5.26.12 on Adult Swim!

Poll: Do you approve? Explain your choice in your post

Showtime! Thank you! This is great news!
93.75%
Dont care either way/No opinion
6.25%
This did not need to return/I dislike Toonami
0%
Total: 100% 48 vote(s)
Without Peter Cullen's promos, this just feels like a husk of whatever it used to be...

Tom also got a little strange looking, it seems.
I haven't seen him, if he has changed at all. I wanna be surprised :p
You guys are super lucky to get to watch toonami.
I can't watch it live tonight, but I'm recording EVERYTHING :p if you have good internet, you can probably find some videos tomorrow of the lineup on YouTube, I'm sure.
The most memorable thing about Toonami, honestly, was hearing Peter Cullen say "Sleep is for the weak." during Midnight Run, for me. I'd only get to watch Midnight Run at my friend's house, usually, so it kind of stuck.

I was also more fond of Tom in his second incarnation. His third one got too long-limbed and muscular and kind of weird looking.

I believe I was actually watching CN the very day Toonami first premiered, and I thought all of it was kind of weird at first... shame the programming on it no longer interests me in any way, but at least it's back in some form.
It took me forever to realise that the opening of Voltron was voiced over by Cullen. I miss that show Tired I never paid much attention to Tom's different variations. Nice to see a piece of my childhood will make a comeback.
"Good things come to those who wait."

-T.O.M. 3.0

TOM 2.0 and TOM 3.0 were my favorites. They had the best image and best appearance. Plus, 2.0 and 3.0 had the best Toonami shows. TOM 1.0 was a freakin midget lol. TOM 3.0 is probably my favorite though, which is why I was extremely happy he was the TOM used for the April Fools day joke.

According to tweets (I hate twitter...) and news updates, the new version of Toonami involves CGI similar to the 3.0 era. I dont know how good it will be though, considering the quick revival and the lack of a budget...

I dont have the actual image that contained this message, but I will still deliever the message...

Toonami doesn't have alot of money right now to buy more expensive anime liscenses, or to improve the programming block itself. If you want alot of you good old shows back, and some new ones, keep watching Toonami every weekend.

More viewers = more cash for Toonami = more great shows for our viewing pleasure. Cartoon Network and Adult Swim have had their ears open, so let them hear you too
This is kind of a carp tactic on [as]'s part. Demarco said they'd need 2x the current [as] action ratings for Toonami to be considered a success. But with only 2 new shows, one of which has been released on DVD, Blu-Ray, and various streaming venues in both English and Japanese, and the other, which isn't exactly a blockbuster I can't see how that'll happen.

(May. 23, 2012  2:10 AM)UltimateChimera Wrote: Me want uncut DBZ.... I was pretty angry when there was no Buu saga in Kai. I really wanted to see the tournament and of course the only Spirit Bomb death in DBZ. D: And FMA brotherhood sucked in my opinion Tongue_out

The DBZ dub is pretty terrible (less so in the Boo arch, but still), so the less people exposed to that, the better.
I say tonight we need to pay attention to the Ads do that and we FUND toonami I don't know about you but im pumped Im REAL pumped!!!! Lets do this!!!!
Dang, I forgot it comes on tonight! I wonder if I'll be able to watch it... Can't believe I forgot to record the shows I like back at my house...
(May. 26, 2012  5:48 PM)To Wrote: This is kind of a carp tactic on [as]'s part. Demarco said they'd need 2x the current [as] action ratings for Toonami to be considered a success. But with only 2 new shows, one of which has been released on DVD, Blu-Ray, and various streaming venues in both English and Japanese, and the other, which isn't exactly a blockbuster I can't see how that'll happen.

(May. 23, 2012  2:10 AM)UltimateChimera Wrote: Me want uncut DBZ.... I was pretty angry when there was no Buu saga in Kai. I really wanted to see the tournament and of course the only Spirit Bomb death in DBZ. D: And FMA brotherhood sucked in my opinion Tongue_out

The DBZ dub is pretty terrible (less so in the Boo arch, but still), so the less people exposed to that, the better.

Considering Nicktoons has Kai, the dub for the old DBZ tends to be a bit "bad" at times (worse if you watch the Ocean dub), and GT sucks, if Toonami is ever offered Dragon Ball Z rights, they better only aor the Buu saga...

I would much rather perfer the original Dragon Ball be aired though. I havent seen that in ages

This is Toonami, i think for the 1st 2 or 3 weeks, raking in the needed ratings wont be a big issue Smile

Ok so.........it hasn't come on yet?..... Tired
Midnight bro. Exactly 28 minutes to go =D

I am getting ready to watch it now, peace. I will talk to you all after the best night of my life comes to a close...for just a week anyway Grin
Hey, where can I watch it in Canada?
Can't, USA only. Check on YouTube in the coming days.
Sadly I wasn't very impressed with the opening. I know funds are a bit short, but I expected at least a" Hey guys, good to see you again." Or something of that nature. Not a crappy rap song lol
Apparently, that rap song was a promotion of some kind during the time in between the April Fools joke and the announcement of Toonami's confirmed return.

I am going to bed now, so i will watch the rest in the morning via my DVR. Bleach is an interesting show, although considering I only know it by reputation, I was kind of thrown for a loop, but meh. Now this Deadman Wonderland show is a very interesting anime, but it is all ready clear that it is one of those 13 episode animes that will make no sense until the last 2 episodes or whatever. Reminds me a bit of Chaos Head in that sense. Either way, Toonami already has me hooked once again, and I cannot wait to see more =D
I'm liking Deadmans Wonderland, and so far I'm also liking Casshern Sins.
I didn't really get into Cashern Sins when it was on Funichan, but maybe this time things will change. As for Deadman Wonderland, I am also really interested in that one too

A message from Steve Blum himself Grin
It's also a coincidence how this comes on BeyDays! Anyways, I remember choosing to watch Toonami over playing games, I had a lot of good memories with this and it's nice to hear that it's coming back. As for helping them get licenses, buy lots of tvs and watch Toonami on them, hah.
Im not gonna lie, but...............The first half of Deadmans Wonderland scared the livin $#!t outta meSpeechless
Was anyone else completely lost durring 2nd shell? I mean, was that not the 1st episode of a series? I hd no idea who these characters were, what they were doing, or why. It seems like a good show, I just have no clue that the hell is going on

I like Deadman Wonderland, it is pretty fd up, but good. However, the only thing I dont like is how the setting, main conflict and antagonist are introduced. One day this kid is living his lofe, and then he blinks and now all his friends are dead, dimembered and decapitated. I mean come on, there could have been some minor foreshadowing, or more of a build up to it. I guess it did have one positive benifit though; it makes me want to find out more. What is Deadmanwonderland? Who is that murderer person? Wtf is with that lawyer? And why does everyone enjoy making this poor kids life a living hell on earth?

All of my questions will be answered next week, thankfuly Smile

Oh, and Casshern Sins, also a bit confusuing, but I am gonna keep watching Smile
No, that was not the first episode of Ghost in the Shell. Heck, that's not even the first season of the show. They're continuing GitS, FMA:B and a couple others from where they last were on [adult swim] action.
I was aware of the continuation of Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, and FMA, but not this other show...it kind of threw me for a loop
Sorry to double post, and to link to an older news source, but contained in this link are the names of possible shows Jason DeMarco is trying to get a hold of for Toonami;

http://www.csicon.org/toonamis-debut-lin...-revealed/

Quote:Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Fairy Tail, Inuyasha: The Final Act, and Gundam Wing. DeMarco also mentioned that One Piece was a personal favorite of his, and that he’d love to see it back on Cartoon Network.

All in all, all of the named potential shows would be EXCELLENT, especially Gundam Wing Grin

Hey, DeMarco, buddy, Zoids is probably dirt cheap; Do me a favor and freakin get it (pretty please with bad@ss anime on top?)
Something like One Piece shouldn't air on a weekly basis. There's over 200 episodes dubbed into English, and like 500 in Japanese.