Toonami Returns 5.26.12 on Adult Swim!

Poll: Do you approve? Explain your choice in your post

Showtime! Thank you! This is great news!
93.75%
Dont care either way/No opinion
6.25%
This did not need to return/I dislike Toonami
0%
Total: 100% 48 vote(s)
If Toonami ran all weekend, (Fri-Sun) and a new episode came on every night, it'd be better, but then it would take like 66 weeks to run all the episodes LOL
If Toonami ran all weekend, sleep becomes optional XD
(May. 30, 2012  10:03 PM)To Wrote: Something like One Piece shouldn't air on a weekly basis. There's over 200 episodes dubbed into English, and like 500 in Japanese.

Case Closed ran on Cartoon Network at one point. Bleach is not exactly light on episodes, either.

My objection to One Piece airing is entirely based around my preference of jamming a dental tool into my eye over watching/reading it, though.

I want to see Outlaw Star run again, and Yu Yu Hakusho would not be a bad way to go, either, since they never finished its run despite the whole thing(or at least a lot more than I remember them airing) is definitely dubbed.

...in fact, those two are basically all I'd even watch it for. Everything on the current AS lineup and the existing Toonami one/"planned" Toonami one is atrocious.
(May. 31, 2012  12:12 AM)Hazel Wrote: Case Closed ran on Cartoon Network at one point. Bleach is not exactly light on episodes, either.

Case Closed was a flop to the point where most of the episodes dubbed were DVD exclusive before Funimation stopped bothering with it so that's not a great example. While Bleach is indeed a heavyweight, the series "only" had 96 episodes by the time it premiered on [as]. Compare that to the 549 episodes One Piece currently has, not to forget the 200+ episodes available in English on DVD and online.
Still, I'm not sure it's particularly important. They'll get to episode 79 or something and then start rerunning, then get to 81 and do it, and so forth.

I very distinctly recall exactly that going on with Inuyasha, actually. There has to've been at least one occasion where they re-ran the entire series between only a couple of new episodes.
Case Closed was once on Cartoon Network? What the hell? When? Why didn't I know about that...? Furthermore, how does a show about murder and anime end up on a part of CN that isnt on Toonami, without being horrificly cut and edited?

I doubt we will be seing Yu-Yu-Hakasho anytime soon on Toonami; Funimation is currently airing the entire uncut dub on their channel (which I no longer have Uncertain) Chances are, for the time being, Funichan will only be giving small gifts like Casshern and Deadman to Toonami that arent well known or werent popularized, in order to ally themselves with Toonami, and to popularize those animes. Bigger shows may/may not come when Toonami gets more $$$
So much for those 2x viewership increases...

(May. 31, 2012  1:46 AM)Hazel Wrote: Still, I'm not sure it's particularly important. They'll get to episode 79 or something and then start rerunning, then get to 81 and do it, and so forth.

I very distinctly recall exactly that going on with Inuyasha, actually. There has to've been at least one occasion where they re-ran the entire series between only a couple of new episodes.

I'm of the opinion that a series as long as One Piece needs to be on 5 days a week so viewers don't grow bored of a weekly broadcast and seek out alternative means of watching it. Unlike InuYasha, Bleach, Case Closed, or any long running show One Piece already has a tonne of content readily available in English.

(May. 31, 2012  1:47 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Case Closed was once on Cartoon Network? What the hell? When? Why didn't I know about that...? Furthermore, how does a show about murder and anime end up on a part of CN that isnt on Toonami, without being horrificly cut and edited?

It aired during [adult swim] hours.
Honestly, I dislike weekly broadcasts for... everything, really. I get bored with things in a 7 day span ludicrously often, so it does not really hold any more or less weight to me how many episodes something has: it is not something any average viewer will be consciously thinking about.

Anyone fresh-faced to it won't care, at all, and anyone familiar with it has probably been watching it for years already.
(May. 31, 2012  1:03 PM)To Wrote: So much for those 2x viewership increases...

(May. 31, 2012  1:46 AM)Hazel Wrote: Still, I'm not sure it's particularly important. They'll get to episode 79 or something and then start rerunning, then get to 81 and do it, and so forth.

I'm of the opinion that a series as long as One Piece needs to be on 5 days a week so viewers don't grow bored of a weekly broadcast and seek out alternative means of watching it. Unlike InuYasha, Bleach, Case Closed, or any long running show One Piece already has a tonne of content readily available in English.

(May. 31, 2012  1:47 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Case Closed was once on Cartoon Network? What the hell? When? Why didn't I know about that...? Furthermore, how does a show about murder and anime end up on a part of CN that isnt on Toonami, without being horrificly cut and edited?

It aired during [adult swim] hours.

Not a bad start...having Casshern and Deadman be Ranked #1 was good...

DeMarco is right though. The whole situation is rather ironic and contradictory; In order for Toonami to get moved to a better time slot and get better shows requires more money, but with the shows we have now, while they are really good, and the current time slot, which is really late, they are going to have a hard time getting that money.

The fact that Toonami was allowed to be revived says something. However, it would be really freaking dumb if it gets cancelled 2 months in to its programming because no one would give the programming block the money it needs to reach its full potential. The Toonami revival was promoted well in some areas, but honestly, more time should have elapsed before the re-airing. Obviously, the Toonami revival plan was in development long before the April Fools joke aired, but if Cartoon Network thought this was going to be a good enough success to revive it, and then have that be re-enforced by the overwhelming positive feedback from the April Fools joke, why not put more money into it?
The new Toonami is garbage to me. I understand they are limited on money but the lineup is disgusting. If they got Fairy Tail or One Peice, I would be fine, but in my opinion you can't have Toonami without Naruto, DBZ, and One Piece
I am glad they have different animes.

I really like Deadman's Wonderland and Casshern sins.
(Jun. 05, 2012  4:21 AM)Æ›nubis Wrote: The new Toonami is garbage to me. I understand they are limited on money but the lineup is disgusting. If they got Fairy Tail or One Peice, I would be fine, but in my opinion you can't have Toonami without Naruto, DBZ, and One Piece

You do realize Toonami predates Naruto and One Peice, right? It had a great line-up before them and it can have a great line-up without them. Honestly speaking, One Piece has run for far too long to return to television on a weekly basis. They'd need to show an episode everyday to reasonably catch up if they started now.
tbh, I have seen to much of One Piece for it to be shown again.
I really liked the One Piece dub until they changed the main characters voice...both voice actors/actresses (I am not sure) are good, but the change was way to drastic. Why was One Piece never fully dubbed anyway? And why was the main character's voice changed?
The license changed hands from a company based in New York (4Kids) to a company based in Dallas (Funimation). For what it's worth the old 4Kids dub is heavily edited for violence, content, and features replaced music and names. The Funimation dub is uncut, and still ongoing. The series is only released on DVD in North America.
Only the US has One Piece on DVD?

Thanks To. Truth be told, I think I preferred the original voice actor from 4kids, not because the other was bad, but just because the 1st one fit the part better. Now thinking back, I do remember watching the show as a kid and thinking how some parts of the plot were rather cut up and awkward at times...that must have been the dub from 4kids...

One Piece is still ongoing? It has been sooooo many years! Didn't the show itself finish years ago? And it shouldn't have taken this long to finish dubbing it right? I am probably terribly mistaken about this...
Actually its still going on at 14 seasons.
I'm excited that Toonami is back on the air, but all they did was add Casshern Sins, and Dead Man Wonderland to their lineup. They said the budget is really small, but it will receive a huge increase if ratings are good. Well, the ratings are good, so I'm waiting on that budget increase.

I'm wondering what other anime they'll add, and which ones will be replaced. Hopefully they stop playing FLCL. There's only 6 episodes, for God's sake. Cowboy Bebop is getting tiring too. They don't have/won't be getting the rights to Dragon Ball (Sorry DB fans).

Hopefully they'll add Gundam.
Man I really like Dragonball
Except GT
(Jun. 13, 2012  12:16 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Only the US has One Piece on DVD?

Thanks To. Truth be told, I think I preferred the original voice actor from 4kids, not because the other was bad, but just because the 1st one fit the part better. Now thinking back, I do remember watching the show as a kid and thinking how some parts of the plot were rather cut up and awkward at times...that must have been the dub from 4kids...

One Piece is still ongoing? It has been sooooo many years! Didn't the show itself finish years ago? And it shouldn't have taken this long to finish dubbing it right? I am probably terribly mistaken about this...

Other countries have One Piece on DVD. What I meant to say is that the only way to watch One Piece's English dub is on DVD, or on Funimation's website. There's no TV broadcast or anything. As for the ongoing question, yes it is. As of yesterday there are 552 episodes in the series with no signs of slowing down.
Is it actually on, if so why can't I find it on my tv guide.
Toonami is a programming block, not a show. It wont show up on your tv guide that way. Look for "Bleach" and all those other shows, and you will find it.

I dont know why AS said Toonami is on Saturdays...it is technicaly Sunday...well, I guess with different time zones...

Thanks To and Ultra Smile

Bey-Heart: Tired? Of Bebop?

You must be telling a sick joke =P

Well, I am joking. I am unfortunatly new to Bebop, and I love it, although I wish I saw it sooner. But I understand your point. Apparently, it has been on AS for a long time now, so if you watch it too often, like any good show, it does get boring. Plus I heard Bebop isnt a very long show. And everything is very episodic.
(Jun. 22, 2012  4:10 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Bey-Heart: Tired? Of Bebop?

You must be telling a sick joke =P

Well, I am joking. I am unfortunatly new to Bebop, and I love it, although I wish I saw it sooner. But I understand your point. Apparently, it has been on AS for a long time now, so if you watch it too often, like any good show, it does get boring. Plus I heard Bebop isnt a very long show. And everything is very episodic.

I remember the first time Cowboy Bebop showed up on AS, basically when AS started, and has been a staple ever since. Until they can find an Anime that is more indicative of Adult Swim than Cowboy Bebop, it will remain on the air.
Does anyone remember IGPX? That was another one of my favorites... Smile