TomicaHK: Update

Since the last thread was closed, I just want to follow up. My order was finally shipped, hitting acceptance after two months of him telling me everything had been shipped. With the arrival of my package, Knockout Odin was not included. Tomica will no longer answer me regarding this, as it's clear they intentionally withheld items in order to sell them for higher prices. Has anyone else received incomplete orders at this point?

Needless to say, I won't be purchasing from them again, nor can I recommend them as a seller. eBay has been going out of their way to scrub their feedback as well, making Tomica still appear as a reputable seller, having spiked in neutrals and negatives in the past month only for them to dissipate.

Quick Edit - Be wary of purchasing upcoming sets from them nowadays. Look elsewhere to guarantee you receive what you order. Although they may have been an upstanding seller in the past, this is clearly no longer the case.
(Dec. 11, 2019  7:43 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: Since the last thread was closed, I just want to follow up. My order was finally shipped, hitting acceptance after two months of him telling me everything had been shipped. With the arrival of my package, Knockout Odin was not included. Tomica will no longer answer me regarding this, as it's clear they intentionally withheld items in order to sell them for higher prices. Has anyone else received incomplete orders at this point?

Needless to say, I won't be purchasing from them again, nor can I recommend them as a seller. eBay has been going out of their way to scrub their feedback as well, making Tomica still appear as a reputable seller, having spiked in neutrals and negatives in the past month only for them to dissipate.

Quick Edit - Be wary of purchasing upcoming sets from them nowadays. Look elsewhere to guarantee you receive what you order. Although they may have been an upstanding seller in the past, this is clearly no longer the case.

I bought a few beyblades from them, and they got here within a couple weeks. They seem to have an issue with just RLV 3 but that’s about it. My orders came in fine and didn’t take a long time to get here. I think they are a great seller, I just wouldn’t buy RLV 3 since they seem to have an issue with that specific product.
If they're willing to throw their reputation away over this, then their status of a great seller has to be reconsidered. Like I said, I wouldn't ever purchase from them again. With no guarantee they won't pull another stunt such as this, it's just not worth the stress.
(Dec. 11, 2019  7:52 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: If they're willing to throw their reputation away over this, then their status of a great seller has to be reconsidered. Like I said, I wouldn't ever purchase from them again. With no guarantee they won't pull another stunt such as this, it's just not worth the stress.

Guess I'll play Devil's Advocate here, as I was communicating with them for a while due to my own Tomica order consisting of RL 3, Random Booster 17, and the GT Customize set only arriving yesterday. Given what was said in thise messages (in that a lot of the shipping issues had to do with the issues going on currently in Hong Kong's fight for freedom), I have to believe in it for the time being.

I found this site here, which goes over delays that the Hong Kong PO is dealing with, and if you look at all the dates for this year, you'll notice that they've been having a lot of issues shipping to just about anywhere within the last couple of months for a multitude of reasons. This is proof (or at the least highly indicative) that the slow shipping isn't the fault of Tomica, and that this is entirely an issue with the Hong Kong postal service in their region. I've had other shipments arrive from Hong Kong through other postal services fine (which I've attributed to using different postal carriers than the official Hong Kong post, similar to using UPS instead of the USPS), so it might be a good idea to avoid Tomica for a couple months until these notices start to dwindle in number and/or frequency.

As to my own Knockout Odin, I received it fine. Only thing wrong with it is that I got a second Metsu weight instead of a Zan weight, and even then it's a pretty small mistake in the grand scheme of things given how complicated this particular set was for sellers. Missing Knockout Odin itself is a pretty big issue on your end though, and I'm pretty disappointed that they're not responding to you about it. That much is definitely on them, and is something they should strive to make up for.

Personally I'm giving Tomica a rest as a seller to give their local post office some time to catch up, and after a while I'll return and see whether they're still screwing up or not with their orders themselves. What I will not do is blame them for the slow shipping that I can attribute as an unfortunate third-party issue, though I will remain somewhat dissatisfied with their customer service if they honestly don't speak with you about your issues.
The slow shipping speed is somewhat suspect for me, as I actually received another order from Tomica while waiting for this one to arrive. 3.style, who also ships using HKPost, is also able to regularly get items out so quickly that it feels as if they're expedited. I understand there are delays, but it did not even enter "acceptance" until just a few days ago. The slow shipping speed is something that's tolerable, as it can legitimately be out of their hands, but missing an item that has since risen from 16.99 to 42.99 feels as if they're focused only on the potential profits, not what he originally sold. Regardless of shipping, as things stand with their radio silence, I wouldn't purchase from them again.
I'm sorry if I'm being rude about this, but you're telling me you didn't try to get any form of a refund, any compensation, an alternative item, you didn't try contacting eBay and instead of finding a different solution, you try the same method over and over to no avail? eBay is trying their best to offer resources for both buyers and sellers, even if they may not have worked/ don't always work well, you could have at least tried to settle this argument in a civilized manner.
I had one good transaction with them and one bad. One item got here in a week or two, and one said it had been shipped for a couple months but never was. I was eventually able to get my money back.
I almost exclusively use Tomica and have never had issues. Shipping times have varied for me but I’ve always received my orders and my emails to them have always been answered promptly. There def seems to be something that happened with the Odin layer set. Several people mentioned long delays. I will continue to shop with them as I have never had any issues personally but I can understand others being wary.
I bought from him 2 gt Customize sets. Knockout Odin, Poison Hydra, L Drago, and Tact Longinus. I only got 1 gt customize set. I wont be ordering from that loser again. And Ebay gave me a refund.
(Dec. 12, 2019  7:37 AM)OriginalDankstr Wrote: I'm sorry if I'm being rude about this, but you're telling me you didn't try to get any form of a refund, any compensation, an alternative item, you didn't try contacting eBay and instead of finding a different solution, you try the same method over and over to no avail? eBay is trying their best to offer resources for both buyers and sellers, even if they may not have worked/ don't always work well, you could have at least tried to settle this argument in a civilized manner.

I have messaged him multiple times and had nothing but silence. I have opened a case in the resolution center asking for the item. If he doesn't respond I'll surely get my money back. An alternate item wouldn't do me any good since Knockout is the bey I need, not just another bey. Even if I get my refund, what aggravates me about it is that the price has skyrocketed from this seller. I don't feel comfortable paying over 40 dollars for a singular bey layer, especially when I should have received it for 17.
The thing is, I have multiple messages form TomicaHK stating that they have shipped my order nearly 2 months ago... I have yet to receive any of it. I went the ebay route and got my refund a while back. They were quick to refund and did not contact me about returning the items should my order turn up. In my heart I just can’t believe they dealt with me honestly. Similar to Mr. Palazzo, I have ordered from other HK sellers during this period and received my items very quickly. Personally, I won’t deal with them again. Their prices are great, but I can’t willingly deal with a seller that I feel is dishonest. Also, I presented to TomicaHK the facts that I have to support why I think they have been dishonest and they made no attempt to defend themselves.

The previous thread on this topic got closed and hope this one doesn’t. I think people should be made aware and make their own decisions. Purchasing on eBay does establish a buy/sell agreement. It is a contract and both parties are expected to abide by it. I don’t think it is wrong or “entitled” for the buyer to expect the product within the time stipulated in the contract.
so I was going to order the Full KO set from them but should I with all this going on? MagikHorse got their order even though it took long but others from what I've seen haven't gotten their order.
This is a mixed bag from your position. Personally, I'm done with them. However, now that they've hiked the prices enough to be satisfied, you may actually receive the item. My guess is that if you spent the 50 on the full Random Layer set right now, you'll probably receive it at this point.
(Dec. 12, 2019  6:12 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: This is a mixed bag from your position. Personally, I'm done with them. However, now that they've hiked the prices enough to be satisfied, you may actually receive the item. My guess is that if you spent the 50 on the full Random Layer set right now, you'll probably receive it at this point.
I'm done with them as well. Luckily Ebay gave me a refund.
We get it. There's problems with TomicaHK. We can take them out of the list of recommended Beyblade vendors. This doesn't need to be a pile-on. Get your refunds and let the healing process begin.

I don't need to close the thread at this time, but it's certainly getting closer to that point.
Really, a lot of you are attributing malicious intent without actual proof that they meant to specifically screw you over (because raising the price is not evidence. That's an assumption based on a price increase that's altogether probably caused by the need for extra RL boxes to get enough Knockout Odins to ship). I have at least tried my best to do research into the shipping matter instead of just whining or harping on them about it, and the fact that so many are willing to go against someone who has long been an outstanding seller so quickly off of assumptions and a total lack of information is pretty concerning and saddening.

Truth of the matter is that people and companies can screw up. It's just how life goes, especially in a place like Hong Kong where the entire region is in turmoil and unrest. Thing is, we'll never get anywhere if we drop someone as soon as they screw up once. If they screw up again then fine, I'll probably drop them too at that point, but I'm not gonna drop them all the way over a single problematic wave when TT already made that very same product harder to fulfill.

tl;dr stop trying to justify all the hate with unprovable assumptions when there's good explanations behind everything that happened here and he has otherwise been loyal.
A breach of contract is what I am basing my assessment of the seller on. I am not sure what other “proof” is needed. Also, I am not sure that I see a lot of “hate.” People paid for goods and did not receive the goods in the time frame TomicaHK set, as stipulated by their buy/sell agreement. These consumers have just cause to chose a different seller in my opinion.

I have family and friends in HK because half of my family is from Hong Kong. I think I know the situation a little bit. I did contact HK post once in English and once in Cantonese. What I was told was what TomicaHK had claimed was shipped was never received by the post office. I can’t prove that HK post didn’t screw TomicaHK over. How can I?
(Dec. 13, 2019  4:24 AM)Shindog Wrote: A breach of contract is what I am basing my assessment of the seller on.  I am not sure what other “proof” is needed.  Also, I am not sure that I see a lot of “hate.”  People paid for goods and did not receive the goods in the time  frame TomicaHK set, as stipulated by their buy/sell agreement.  These consumers have just cause to chose a different seller in my opinion.  

I have family and friends in HK because half of my family is from Hong Kong.  I think I know the situation a little bit.  I did contact HK post once in English and once in Cantonese.   What I was told was what TomicaHK had claimed was shipped was never received by the post office.  I can’t prove that HK post didn’t screw TomicaHK over.  How can I?

I've seen plenty of hate from off-site sources, so maybe I'm just seeing more anger than you are because I've seen more overall. It's even worse from sources that don't actually spend the time to figure out what's going on and assume the worst in everything, unlike you who have the connections to make a more educated call. If what you're saying about them not truthfully delivering items to the post office when they claimed to then we truly do have a bigger issue that I couldn't see even with my research, but even then we don't really know why. For all we know there's a good reason why that we're unaware of.

In the end though, I still can't help but find this incredibly odd given their track record in the past. I truly feel like that this was a one-time thing caused by the complexity of the Knockout Odin RL collection (and let's be honest, that complexity was out of the blue and is incredibly likely to be the cause behind the sudden price increase that people are attributing to Tomica trying to screw them over). Overall Deceased is right: we don't need a group piling on them as much as we need to give them some time to either mend this or truly prove themselves problematic.

I understand everyone's wariness, I really do. I'm a bit wary myself, having only gotten my own order earlier this week. Even then, I'd rather see people hold off for a while until we can figure out more about them or this situation than just deciding to drop them here and now. If you're too nervous to buy from them, waiting to see how they do with others is a far better idea instead of just giving up on them and not looking back.
I just placed a new order with them for Master Diabolos. I will be happy to report how it goes once my order is fulfilled
I just received my order for Knockout Odin....
Which I ordered.....
The same day it was released....
It’s soooo late....
(Dec. 13, 2019  4:31 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: I just placed a new order with them for Master Diabolos. I will be happy to report how it goes once my order is fulfilled
That would be great information to have.  I actually hope and believe TomicaHK will be just fine as a seller going forward.  I have no hate for them. Their prices are hard to beat.  Honestly, I would have been okay with products coming in late.  It was the lack of communication and misinformation that troubled me.  On principle, I won’t use them again and I think that is a good thing that they lose some customers for this.  This reminds the business owner they have to treat their customers right.  Selfishly, I want them to succeed to keep competitor prices down.
So my final update. eBay closed my case today after Tomica responded and they found in favor of him. I called eBay and was able to get the decision reversed thankfully. So my item was intentionally not shipped out and then they actively fought me in the hopes they would get away with my money and keep their item. Never again.