Tip Variations and the Way That They Impact Performance

With so many variations to a given performance tip style, sometimes just the slightest adjustment can affect the way a combination performs. In this post, I will address the differences between variations of specific parts/molds and attempt to dispel some of the widely held beliefs about certain tips as compared to others.

Brace yourself for testing overload.

Testing environment:
- All tests besides the first done in the BB-10 (first test done in a Zero G Attack stadium)
- Alternated launching first stamina vs stamina
- Stamina launched first when tested against attack
- Bottoms switched on comparative combination tests halfway through
- LL2 used for all right-spin combinations
- Left-spin string launcher used for all left-spin combinations

WB vs MB

BSF vs SF

F vs MF vs HF

RF molds: regular RF vs Cyber Aquario's RF
I'd like to be one of those people who say, "Wow, this is really cool.", but it isn't and I'm not.

MB is really imbalanced compared to WB. And really needs Duo's balance and at a heigh height. Same thing with TB. I can maybe see HF being needed more testing, but this doesn't see, like the goal of the thread.
(Sep. 13, 2014  9:55 PM)Echizen Wrote: I'd like to be one of those people who say, "Wow, this is really cool.", but it isn't and I'm not.

I'm sorry, but are you serious- can you tell how rude that is?

Just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean you cant be polite about it.
(Sep. 13, 2014  9:55 PM)Echizen Wrote: I'd like to be one of those people who say, "Wow, this is really cool.", but it isn't and I'm not.

MB is really imbalanced compared to WB. And really needs Duo's balance and at a heigh height. Same thing with TB. I can maybe see HF being needed more testing, but this doesn't see, like the goal of the thread.
I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say aside from that you don't like the thread. I wasn't trying to be "really cool" and that was pretty uncalled for.
I was testing a few things out for my own benefit & thought I'd post them here. The observations I made are based off of these tests only and most of it is speculation that needs additional testing.
(Sep. 13, 2014  10:08 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say aside from that you don't like the thread. I wasn't trying to be "really cool" and that was pretty uncalled for.
I was testing a few things out for my own benefit & thought I'd post them here. The observations I made are based off of these tests only and most of it is speculation that needs additional testing.

Sorry to sound completely ignorant but does switching which side the tip is put in change it's performance? As it happened on my blades mostly, and most obviously M145Q.
These RFs shouldn't be considered different "molds" unless they're actually different molds (i.e. w/bar, w/o bar, etc.). Just because they came from two different Beyblades does appropriate the use of that terminology; This instance is just a comparison of the two RFs from two different Beyblades you bought.

Also, don't you think it's a little premature to conclude that WB is equal to MB or TB in certain areas of Stamina or Defense based just on your few tests alone? Tongue_out

(Oct. 30, 2012  11:12 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Gryph Phoenic E230CF v. MF-H Duo Aquario TH170WB:
GP: 19 (1 KO, 18 0GKO)
DA: 1 OS
Ties: 0

WB Average Win Rate: 5%

Gryph Phoenic E230CF v. MF-H Duo Aquario TH170MB:
GP: 7 (3 KO, 4 0GKO)
DA: 13 OS
Ties: 0

MB Average Win Rate: 65%

(Nov. 27, 2010  3:36 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Burn Aquario 90WD VS Burn Aquario 90MB
Both Burns are Mold 2
Launched Alternatively

WD: 5 wins (50%)
MB: 5 wins (50%)

The other comparisons are interesting, but they would've definitely benefited from more rounds. Of course, results from other members are necessary before we can make any accurate conclusions, so let's keep the tests coming!
This is interesting. I didn't know there were mold differences in RF. It surely made a difference in battle.

Thanks TSO for testing!
Honestly, this is one great, yet very interesting thread, with a whole lot of valuable information and tests, you definitely deserve your kudos, The Supreme One! I congratulate you for deciding to make this, as well.

Anywho, as soon as I saw this thread last night, I became quite interested in the SF and BSF results, so I decided to do a couple of my own utilizing both MF-F Flame Cancer 85SF/BSF and MF-H Pegasis 90SF/BSF. Here they are!:

Equipment being Used: (Click to View)

Battle Notes: (Click to View)

The Testings: (Click to View)

Overall: It seems to be that SF does best on Stamina and Balance customs like the Flame Cancer setup I tested, doing much better than BSF, while BSF seemed to get the opposite being placed on Attack setups.
(Sep. 14, 2014  2:20 PM)Midnight` Wrote: Honestly, this is one great, yet very interesting thread, with a whole lot of valuable information and tests, you definitely deserve your kudos, The Supreme One! I congratulate you for deciding to make this, as well.

Anywho, as soon as I saw this thread last night, I became quite interested in the SF and BSF results, so I decided to do a couple of my own utilizing both MF-F Flame Cancer 85SF/BSF and MF-H Pegasis 90SF/BSF. Here they are!:

Equipment being Used: (Click to View)

Battle Notes: (Click to View)

The Testings: (Click to View)

Overall: It seems to be that SF does best on Stamina and Balance customs like the Flame Cancer setup I tested, doing much better than BSF, while BSF seemed to get the opposite being placed on Attack setups.

Nice tests, but isn't BSF "Blade" Semi Flat? Sorry I have OCD. Tongue_out
(Sep. 13, 2014  10:28 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: These RFs shouldn't be considered different "molds" unless they're actually different molds (i.e. w/bar, w/o bar, etc.). Just because they came from two different Beyblades does appropriate the use of that terminology; This instance is just a comparison of the two RFs from two different Beyblades you bought.

Also, don't you think it's a little premature to conclude that WB is equal to MB or TB in certain areas of Stamina or Defense based just on your few tests alone? Tongue_out
Cyber Aquario and Burn Escolpio have different RF molds (CA has the bar, BE doesn't). I have edited the post to include pictures.

You're right, though I wasn't really trying to say that they're equivalent in every set-up. I was initially going to put a disclaimer at the beginning of the post; guess I should have. Anyway, I added a couple tests using Duo Cancer 230 ___. Seems like the taller the track, the better MB does against WB.

midnight love your results because they basically coincide with what I was thinking. Should have done some purely stamina tests myself. It's pretty interesting to me how BSF and SF fundamentally have the same tip, but their weight and way in which they're designed gives them two completely different functions. Adding your tests to the OP right now.

@JinbeeTheShark Yep, BSF is Blade Semi Flat.
Is it ok if I do some testing for EWD And WD?
I'd love try to test with this later... perhaps something like XF?
XF and WF?
Sure! Definitely WF, but XF wouldn't be a bad idea either, even thought it's a bit different from the others.

Edit: I do believe I have a WSF, so I can test that, too, when I get around to it.
I would love to see some quantifiable data on WSF.
While we're at it, CF vs. GCF please? Also I'd like to see it proven that WSF has more Stamina than S.

D vs. SD on 230 too.
They're both horrible on 230 tho
(Sep. 14, 2014  10:33 PM)~Emperor_Elite~ Wrote: They're both horrible on 230 tho

What? D and SD are the best Stamina options for 230, haha.
(Sep. 14, 2014  10:33 PM)~Emperor_Elite~ Wrote: They're both horrible on 230 tho

SD/D are perhaps the best tips to use on 230, also being top tier... You should really make sure you know what you're talking about before posting.

Also, coul you do testing with an anti-attack setup with Cyber Aquario's RF being used? Thanks!
On the topic of Cyber Aquario's RF, a couple of us Toronto bladers noticed something interested, however, it was probably already looked at and into, as well. Anyhow, throughout today's Beyblade Never Stops, Pyrus10000 was using his throughout one of the matches, and it appeared to be that the RF seemed to feel a lot more like plastic than it did rubber. We ended up comparing to mines from the BB-96, and it felt like a regular one, one you'd get from a stock Storm Pegasis. Of course, the RF was still rubber, though a lot less aggro than a regular one.

JinbeeTheShark Wrote:Nice tests, but isn't BSF "Blade" Semi Flat? Sorry I have OCD. Tongue_out

You're right on that one, my apologies.
Sorry I was talking abut the sharp tips and not paying attention.
I personally love the idea of Hole Flat for stall and as a substitute for Metal Flat. I honestly think it needs to be looked into further more because of its abilities, no? Anyhow, not too sure about how long Metal Flat can spin for, though I got Hole Flat ones done over a month ago on a stock Capricorne 100HF. That in mind, here they are:

Spin Time 1) Approximately 2:06:34.
Spin Time 2) Approximately 1:56:34.
Spin Time 3) Approximately 2:03:28.
Spin Time 4) Approximately 2:06:87.
Spin Time 5) Approximately 2:13:41.

I personally prefer Hole Flat for stall far more that Flat, as well. When doing solo spin time tests utilizing Wolf 105F, the timing results hovered around the low 1:00's, which of course isn't that great, in comparison to the Capricorne 100HF ones, at least. To be exact on Wolf 105F's solo spin timings, I posted them here followed by three others, too.

EDIT: As I don't own an MF and can't do comparison tests alone, I can easily get HF ones done, although of course, only if anybody would want to do the same testings, only involving Metal Flat.
I'm really more of an HF for attack kind of guy, but it looks like it would be a decent replacement for MF as a tornado staller as well. I don't have Capricorn, but here are some spin times for Phantom Bull 90 _____.
I was actually pretty surprised by how long Phantom spun once it reached the center on HF.

Phantom Bull 90 HF
2:13:46
2:27:25
2:13:85
Average: 2:18:19

Phantom Bull 90 MF
2:30:73
2:28:88
2:38:66
Average: 2:32:76
If you take the rubber out of RF Does it count as Hole Flat?
(Sep. 15, 2014  2:59 AM)~Emperor_Elite~ Wrote: If you take the rubber out of RF Does it count as Hole Flat?

No, that renders the part illegal, haha.