Thoughts on this HyperSphere Format Ruleset?

I made a ruleset for HyperSphere so that I can host with it next month, and I was curious to we what y’all think.

All matches would be played in HyperSphere stadiums.

Banned Parts: 
  • All non-Hasbro Layers. 
  • All non-HyperSphere Drivers. 
  • All Pro Series Layers and Disks. 
  • All GT Disks, Sparking Disks, and DB Disks. This does not include the Hasbro counterparts. 
How to Win: 

1. First Stage (1st to 3 points): 
  • Your opponent’s Beyblade stops spinning before yours does. (1 Point) 
  • Your opponent’s Beyblade leaves the stadium. (1 Point) 
  • Your opponent’s Beyblade bursts. (1 Point) 
  • Your opponent’s Beyblade’s frame falls off. (1 Point)

2. Final Stage/Deck Format (1st to 5 points):
  • Your opponent’s Beyblade leaves the stadium. (1 Point) 
  • Your opponent’s Beyblade bursts. (1 Point)
Also please do elaborate on your posts, I’d like some actual conversations here not “oh cool”.
Does "opponents frame falls off" end the match or would it be theoretically possible for one player to earn a frame removal point while also having their bey eventually get knocked out of the stadium? (Sorry if this is obvious, I'm a newb)

Otherwise I see these rules as fine and would have qualms about entering a tournament that used them.
(Jul. 17, 2021  6:58 AM)TheElfiestElf Wrote: Does "opponents frame falls off" end the match or would it be theoretically possible for one player to earn a frame removal point while also having their bey eventually get knocked out of the stadium? (Sorry if this is obvious, I'm a newb)

Otherwise I see these rules as fine and would have qualms about entering a tournament that used them.

Due to how wide the HyperSphere drivers are, it’d be hard to tell during battle, so Beys would be checked at the end of each battle. You’d only earn one point in that scenario though.
I don’t see the purpose of a Hypersphere format honestly. We don’t really need a format for every Hasbro burst series with a unique gimmick. If you’re wanting to host a Hasbro event I’d just host a Hasbro only burst format. Doing only hypersphere is limiting in my opinion, and I don’t see the purpose of it.

If you really wanted to host a Hypersphere event that took advantage of the stadiums and gimmick, I’d ban any drivers that were non Hypersphere. I’d get rid of the Hypersphere only layers, and instead I think any Hasbro Burst layers (non pro series) would work fine. The ruleset and ban list is fine otherwise.
(Jul. 17, 2021  6:59 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I don’t see the purpose of a Hypersphere format honestly. We don’t really need a format for every Hasbro burst series with a unique gimmick. If you’re wanting to host a Hasbro event I’d just host a Hasbro only burst format. Doing only hypersphere is limiting in my opinion, and I don’t see the purpose of it.

If you really wanted to host a Hypersphere event that took advantage of the stadiums and gimmick, I’d ban any drivers that were non Hypersphere. I’d get rid of the Hypersphere only layers, and instead I think any Hasbro Burst layers (non pro series) would work fine. The ruleset and ban list is fine otherwise.
The purpose of HyperSphere format is to make it easier for kids with little TT access to win, and also because it’s a funnier format that’d be fun to host.

Did you not read the ban list? All non-HyperSphere drivers are banned, and all Hasbro layers (non-Pro Series) are allowed.
I would say it has some potential. Limiting the layers to Hasbro, the discs to pre-GT, and the Hypersphere tips. Assuming you are going to run this format in Hypersphere stadiums, it may be interesting. Worth pursuing. I would consult with the Organized Play staff of WBO before you run this, make sure it'd be allowed.

Now, we should probably clarify on the discs: With Hasbro versions of those discs, you have interesting stuff like Hurricane that supports a frame and doesn't free-spin. You've also got discs such as Python, Lore, and Swipe, which all support frames: would those be banned?

And, I think perhaps, most importantly, you're starting to see the Hasbro versions of the Superking Cores. We're talking 1A-D, 1B-D, 2D-D, and 3A-D. They're versions of the cores that function like discs, with plastic frames on the end that can't be removed. I'm starting to consider how interesting those might be in Limited. But more to the point, would they be allowed in your Hypersphere format?
As well as Hasbro Wheel, how about that one?
(Jul. 17, 2021  7:05 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2021  6:59 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I don’t see the purpose of a Hypersphere format honestly. We don’t really need a format for every Hasbro burst series with a unique gimmick. If you’re wanting to host a Hasbro event I’d just host a Hasbro only burst format. Doing only hypersphere is limiting in my opinion, and I don’t see the purpose of it.

The purpose of HyperSphere format is to make it easier for kids with little TT access to win, and also because it’s a funnier format that’d be fun to host.

Did you not read the ban list? All non-HyperSphere drivers are banned, and all Hasbro layers (non-Pro Series) are allowed.

Looks like I missed that. My apologies, I don’t know how I read that wrong. I just think Hasbro only format works fine since as you say, kids with little TT access are able to participate in a format where only Hasbro brand is allowed, and are much more likely to win. Your Hypersphere format as is is fine, I just don’t see why Hasbro only format doesn’t work fine as well.
(Jul. 17, 2021  7:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I would say it has some potential. Limiting the layers to Hasbro, the discs to pre-GT, and the Hypersphere tips. Assuming you are going to run this format in Hypersphere stadiums, it may be interesting. Worth pursuing. I would consult with the Organized Play staff of WBO before you run this, make sure it'd be allowed.

Now, we should probably clarify on the discs: With Hasbro versions of those discs, you have interesting stuff like Hurricane that supports a frame and doesn't free-spin. You've also got discs such as Python, Lore, and Swipe, which all support frames: would those be banned?

And, I think perhaps, most importantly, you're starting to see the Hasbro versions of the Superking Cores. We're talking 1A-D, 1B-D, 2D-D, and 3A-D. They're versions of the cores that function like discs, with plastic frames on the end that can't be removed. I'm starting to consider how interesting those might be in Limited. But more to the point, would they be allowed in your Hypersphere format?
As well as Hasbro Wheel, how about that one?
Yeah all Hasbro disks would be allowed, I suppose I should go edit the ban list to make it more clear. Thanks for the feedback DC
(Jul. 17, 2021  7:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2021  7:05 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The purpose of HyperSphere format is to make it easier for kids with little TT access to win, and also because it’s a funnier format that’d be fun to host.

Looks like I missed that. My apologies, I don’t know how I read that wrong. I just think Hasbro only format works fine since as you say, kids with little TT access are able to participate in a format where only Hasbro brand is allowed, and are much more likely to win. Your Hypersphere format as is is fine, I just don’t see why Hasbro only format doesn’t work fine as well.
Point of HyperSphere format is to utilize and make the most of out the HyperSphere gimmick. While I’d like to make things more accessible to the people who don’t have TT, I’d also like to have fun with it.

I went ahead and specified disk bans and stadiums.
You know, today I went out and got myself a 2D-D and a 1A-A. And then are Tiny and they are Light. True, I wasn't expecting them to exactly duplicate the strength of Sparking Cores on Hasbro discs, but they really are a great disappointment. Although... 1A-D on a left spin bey might be useful in attack, if it weren't so small.
(Jul. 17, 2021  6:48 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I made a ruleset for HyperSphere so that I can host with it next month, and I was curious to we what y’all think.

Banned Parts: 
  • All non-Hasbro Layers. 
  • All Pro Series Layers. 
  • All GT Disks, Sparking Disks, and DB Disks. This does not include the Hasbro counterparts. 
How to Win: 

• Your opponent’s Beyblade bursts. (2 Points) 

Also please do elaborate on your posts, I’d like some actual conversations here not “oh cool”.

would the pro-series disks count as TT disks?
cause technically they are their hasbro counterparts
Perhaps phrase it as "All Pro Series Layers and -P discs."
(Jul. 17, 2021  11:16 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2021  6:48 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I made a ruleset for HyperSphere so that I can host with it next month, and I was curious to we what y’all think.

Banned Parts: 
  • All non-Hasbro Layers. 
  • All Pro Series Layers. 
How to Win: 

would the pro-series disks count as TT disks?
cause technically they are their hasbro counterparts
Pro Series disks are the same as TT, so yes. But I can see the confusion and people trying to loophole it.

I went ahead and edited it, thanks.
I'm basically pointing out the layer and driver absurd Burst resistance (mostly the layer tho).
About the ruleset, it is very good.

Banned Parts: 
  • All non-Hasbro Layers. 
  • All Pro Series Layers and Disks. 
How to Win: 

I feel that this would be cool for unranked.
(Jul. 17, 2021  11:46 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: I'm basically pointing out the layer and driver absurd Burst resistance (mostly the layer tho).
About the ruleset, it is very good.
Knight K4 isn’t a very good layer from my testings, only passable in opposite spin on like Dm-S. On HyperSphere I don’t see it being broken.

I do have HasWheel and Turbo Spryzen on a ban watchlist though.
I was able to do some light testing yesterday, and I found that there are no layers that require bans (so far).

Garuda G3 does really well in opposite spin, but if destabilized it’s pretty much over for it. Attack is 50/50 with it, depends on if you can get any beginning hits in or not. Same spin is not one of G3’s strengths.

Turbo Spryzen S4 does pretty well in opposite spin, I’d say about A tier compared to other layers (in a HyperSphere format). Same spin is probably what I did the most minimal testing on. It’s decent though. A pretty defensive layer as well, especially with it’s bulkiness. A jack of all trades, master of none, a pretty balanced safe layer.

For attack Turbo Achilles seems to be the greatest, bulky enough to deal with the most defensive layers, deals with G3 and tS4 really well. Still need to test Myth and Luinor L3 more though.

I’ll be trying to pick up HasWheel, Bullet-1-H, and Triumph Dragon D6 to test with soon.

All of my tests were in the Vertical Drop BeyStadium, I used Ωuter on all combos, and switched drivers when doing stamina tests. My HyperSphere drivers are limited so I used Power-H vs. Yardage-H for stamina tests, and Power-H vs. Charge-1-H for defense tests.

Please do recommend any parts you’d like me to test or obtain.
Maybe Glide, Curse or Raid?
(Jul. 19, 2021  5:39 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Maybe Glide, Curse or Raid?

I know Glide has HasWheel, but what is there to test on Curse or Raid?
(Jul. 19, 2021  5:43 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2021  5:39 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Maybe Glide, Curse or Raid?

I know Glide has HasWheel, but what is there to test on Curse or Raid?

Curse has decent defense doesn't it? And Raid from my memory has alright attack.
(Jul. 19, 2021  5:51 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2021  5:43 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I know Glide has HasWheel, but what is there to test on Curse or Raid?

Curse has decent defense doesn't it? And Raid from my memory has alright attack.

Nope, Curse doesn’t have very good defense, especially not compared to stuff like tS4. And Raid I don’t think has good burst resistance, or attack.
I would recommend picking up Zone Luinor L5, Union Achilles A5, and maybe a Monster Ogre.
Interesting results! I’m a bit surprised you didn’t test Balkesh B3 or Spryzen Requiem S3 though, as I feel that those two would cause a good bit of trouble in a format like this. I’d help with testing, but I don’t own a Hypersphere stadium or enough Hypersphere drivers.
(Jul. 19, 2021  6:16 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I would recommend picking up Zone Luinor L5, Union Achilles A5, and maybe a Monster Ogre.
Interesting results! I’m a bit surprised you didn’t test Balkesh B3 or Spryzen Requiem S3 though, as I feel that those two would cause a good bit of trouble in a format like this. I’d help with testing, but I don’t own a Hypersphere stadium or enough Hypersphere drivers.

I completely forgot about Monster, might try to pick that up as well.

And I did a bit of testing on Balkesh B3, just didn’t write it in my post. It’s pretty good, I didn’t do much testing though. I do suspect things like Garuda G3 and any bulkier layer might be able to destabilize Balkesh B3 though.

My Spryzen Requiem S3 is the Ultimate Tournament Collection one, so it has some ehh slopes. It bursted in almost all the tests I did. Definitely slopes in action right there, however I do wonder if it’s less round shape and rubber effected it’s Burst resistance.
(Jul. 19, 2021  6:32 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2021  6:16 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I would recommend picking up Zone Luinor L5, Union Achilles A5, and maybe a Monster Ogre.

I completely forgot about Monster, might try to pick that up as well.

And I did a bit of testing on Balkesh B3, just didn’t write it in my post. It’s pretty good, I didn’t do much testing though. I do suspect things like Garuda G3 and any bulkier layer might be able to destabilize Balkesh B3 though.

My Spryzen Requiem S3 is the Ultimate Tournament Collection one, so it has some ehh slopes. It bursted in almost all the tests I did. Definitely slopes in action right there, however I do wonder if it’s less round shape and rubber effected it’s Burst resistance.
 Less rounder shape affect burst resistance by a lot, which means rounder = better burst resistance (and also better spin stealing)
 As for rubber, it kinda affects your burst resistance but it also kinda affects the opponent burst resistance, since it makes more friction.
(Jul. 19, 2021  6:44 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2021  6:32 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I completely forgot about Monster, might try to pick that up as well.

Less rounder shape affect burst resistance by a lot, which means rounder = better burst resistance (and also better spin stealing)
 As for rubber, it kinda affects your burst resistance but it also kinda affects the opponent burst resistance, since it makes more friction.

I didn’t phrase my question correctly aha

I was wondering whether the shape or the slopes were bigger factors in the Burst rate of Sr3.
Did some BeyHunting at Walmart today, no luck.

Anyone have any test requests? I currently have the stocks for Ace Dragon D5, Myth Evo Dragon D5, Bushin Ashindra A5, Typhoon (HyperSphere single), Spryzen Reqiuem S3, Hercules H4, Garuda G3, Luinor L3, Balkesh B3, Turbo Achilles A4, Tide Treptune T3, Turbo Spryzen S4, Ωrichalcum Ω3, a spare 00, and a Kerbeus K5 chip on me right now