Think Drift should be the first driver banned in standard format?

Now in same spin this driver isn't that much of a threat it loses to just about anything non rubber.  But it is clearly the best opposite spin driver in the game.  You can literally run world diabolos 2b (free spin) in swiss and flip a coin for a match and aslong as it is opposite spin and your opponent isn't running drift as well you pretty much win the match.
I would advise more testings to be done before suggesting a ban and you've only been to what? 4 tournaments? Also your bio is misleading... You're not a champion if you've only been to 4 tournaments, which is nothing compared to other users on the WBO btw.
(May. 28, 2021  3:13 PM)Allen Schaffer Wrote: Now in same spin this driver isn't that much of a threat it loses to just about anything non rubber. 

With practice, and on Wheel, you can actually get some solid same spin out of it. I can do test results which prove this and video evidence if needed. Even so, the self KO risk makes it in my eyes a driver that definitely doesn’t need to be banned.
(May. 28, 2021  3:42 PM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: I would advise more testings to be done before suggesting a ban and you've only been to what? 4 tournaments? Also your bio is misleading... You're not a champion if you've only been to 4 tournaments, which is nothing compared to other users on the WBO btw.

Not really necessary to attack him like that lol. But you are right i think having some testing along with considering past results needs to determine if a part needs to be banned or not. Having a look at the winning combos; wheel + drift combos do seem to win but they are really a hit or a miss especially in same spin performance.
(May. 28, 2021  3:42 PM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: I would advise more testings to be done before suggesting a ban and you've only been to what? 4 tournaments? Also your bio is misleading... You're not a champion if you've only been to 4 tournaments, which is nothing compared to other users on the WBO btw.

Before you assume someone doesn't know what their talking about maybe you should look who they played with.  How often do you practice? I have over 300 matches with drift. With people who have won national championships.  On top of that the lower case and upper case lettering on my bio is sarcasm and a line from robot chicken but ypu have proven you are too literal.
(May. 28, 2021  4:38 PM)Vtryuga Wrote:

Not really necessary to attack him like that lol. But you are right i think having some testing along with considering past results needs to determine if a part needs to be banned or not. Having a look at the winning combos; wheel + drift combos do seem to win but they are really a hit or a miss especially in same spin performance.

So, here are my two cents. As of right now, with the Dynamite battle system it honestly makes Drift oppressive. If you were to take Cyclone Ragnaruk, giga, drift and launched it as hard as you could, the risk of self ko is almost nonexistent due to the low center of gravity. Now that being said, what’s to say that Fafnir, Bahamut, or Longinus are not going to create a super unhealthy meta game and then not only are you forced with dealing with oppressive combos, it makes it harder to judge if you’re in opposite spin stamina matchups if most combos are on drift.
Alright, let’s have a nice sit down and talk about what is being discussed in this form.

First let’s talk about the Drift Driver and opposite spin matches. There is no doubt in my mind that this driver right now is the king of opposite spin LAD matches. I have seen players go into tournaments using for the most part just 1 rotation changing combo and go 5-0. That’s a pretty good day if you ask me.

Now let’s continue with the opposite side of the coin. The Drift Driver and same spin matches. When you get into Same spin matches the drift driver falls way down the list of good drivers to use. In a same spin match up you have to launch harder than in an opposite spin match up because if you launch weaker than your opponent, you’ll probably run out of stamina first. However, with the Drift Driver, when you do this launch method you gain a really high risk of self KOing your Beyblade. I have seen people go 2-3 at a tournament because of this, and it cost them a spot in the top cut.

Now I would like to add in my own testing with the new Dynamite Battle system that recently came out. I have found that when using the Dynamite Battle Beys in low mode and on Drift you can launch a lot harder than you normally would and they will stay in the center of the stadium and lose that risk of self KOing themselves. (Unless they get hit to the tornado ridge by another bey and they get caught on it.) But for the most part the new beys solve the same spin issue Drift has had. However, through testing I have found that even though you can now launch drift harder and have less of a risk to self KO your bey, the Drift Driver still has less stamina than most other drivers such as Xtend+, Zone’+Z, Universe, and probably more.

Now lastly let’s talk about the REAL issue with the Drift Driver, The Single Bey format. Yes the standard format that we in the WBO use for Swiss matches is the real issue at hand. Yes someone can go into a tournament with 1 rotation changing drift combo and go 5-0 or 0-5. However this will all boil down to the luck factor of what did they play against? Same spin or opposite spin? And that to me is not a very fun format for the game. I would much rather see players be rewarded with wins because of their skill at the game rather than did they get a lucky match up? Another big issue with this is when you get 2 bladers that are both using opposite spin drift combos. Then because of drift you can have consistent draws for up to 15 minutes until a winner is declared. (We had 2 matches happen this way at our last tournament.) This can have a huge issue with the time of the tournament and how long it takes to complete.

Should Drift be banned even with the Dynamite Battle system beys “solving” its flaw? No. I don’t think so. I think a new format for the Swiss rounds of tournaments should be introduced. Maybe a 2 deck 3 point format or a Choose 3 Pick 1 format? I dunno what the proper answer would be, I just know that at least then the more skilled players should win and that would feel more rewarding to those skilled players. I also know that you could then potentially add in a rule where if both players choose an opposite spin drift match up, after say 3 draws you force them to switch to one of their other beys that they had chosen or is in their deck.

Anyway, that is my view and opinion on the Drift Driver and weather or not I think it should be banned.
(May. 28, 2021  3:13 PM)Allen Schaffer Wrote: You can literally run world diabolos 2b (free spin) in swiss and flip a coin for a match and aslong as it is opposite spin and your opponent isn't running drift as well you pretty much win the match.

Naked (Spriggan Goku/Diabolos1) Wheel Zone'+Z does well (loses less than half the matches) vs World 2B Drift in both spin directions. I think it works cuz Naked's slants help keep it upright when in contact with something flat like World.
(May. 28, 2021  7:30 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Alright, let’s have a nice sit down and talk about what is being discussed in this form.

First let’s talk about the Drift Driver and opposite spin matches. There is no doubt in my mind that this driver right now is the king of opposite spin LAD matches. I have seen players go into tournaments using for the most part just 1 rotation changing combo and go 5-0. That’s a pretty good day if you ask me.

Now let’s continue with the opposite side of the coin. The Drift Driver and same spin matches. When you get into Same spin matches the drift driver falls way down the list of good drivers to use. In a same spin match up you have to launch harder than in an opposite spin match up because if you launch weaker than your opponent, you’ll probably run out of stamina first. However, with the Drift Driver, when you do this launch method you gain a really high risk of self KOing your Beyblade. I have seen people go 2-3 at a tournament because of this, and it cost them a spot in the top cut.

Now I would like to add in my own testing with the new Dynamite Battle system that recently came out. I have found that when using the Dynamite Battle Beys in low mode and on Drift you can launch a lot harder than you normally would and they will stay in the center of the stadium and lose that risk of self KOing themselves. (Unless they get hit to the tornado ridge by another bey and they get caught on it.) But for the most part the new beys solve the same spin issue Drift has had. However, through testing I have found that even though you can now launch drift harder and have less of a risk to self KO your bey, the Drift Driver still has less stamina than most other drivers such as Xtend+, Zone’+Z, Universe, and probably more.

Now lastly let’s talk about the REAL issue with the Drift Driver, The Single Bey format. Yes the standard format that we in the WBO use for Swiss matches is the real issue at hand. Yes someone can go into a tournament with 1 rotation changing drift combo and go 5-0 or 0-5. However this will all boil down to the luck factor of what did they play against? Same spin or opposite spin? And that to me is not a very fun format for the game. I would much rather see players be rewarded with wins because of their skill at the game rather than did they get a lucky match up? Another big issue with this is when you get 2 bladers that are both using opposite spin drift combos. Then because of drift you can have consistent draws for up to 15 minutes until a winner is declared. (We had 2 matches happen this way at our last tournament.) This can have a huge issue with the time of the tournament and how long it takes to complete.

Should Drift be banned even with the Dynamite Battle  system beys “solving” its flaw? No. I don’t think so. I think a new format for the Swiss rounds of tournaments should be introduced. Maybe a 2 deck 3 point format or a Choose 3 Pick 1 format? I dunno what the proper answer would be, I just know that at least then the more skilled players should win and that would feel more rewarding to those skilled players. I also know that you could then potentially add in a rule where if both players choose an opposite spin drift match up, after say 3 draws you force them to switch to one of their other beys that they had chosen or is in their deck.

Anyway, that is my view and opinion on the Drift Driver and  weather or not I think it should be banned.

Wow, thats, a lot too keep up with but yes you do make a good point, I’m Tired of seeing it in every single battle and it’s just a match on a a few rotations and makes Burst Standard bad, Drift is like Single Layer Odin back in the day imo
(May. 28, 2021  7:30 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Alright, let’s have a nice sit down and talk about what is being discussed in this form.

Should Drift be banned even with the Dynamite Battle system beys “solving” its flaw? No. I don’t think so. I think a new format for the Swiss rounds of tournaments should be introduced. Maybe a 2 deck 3 point format or a Choose 3 Pick 1 format? I dunno what the proper answer would be, I just know that at least then the more skilled players should win and that would feel more rewarding to those skilled players. I also know that you could then potentially add in a rule where if both players choose an opposite spin drift match up, after say 3 draws you force them to switch to one of their other beys that they had chosen or is in their deck.

Anyway, that is my view and opinion on the Drift Driver and weather or not I think it should be banned.

I'll be honest, the Drift driver reminds me of the God era, where everyone ran Spriggan Requiem on Bearing and matches were almost entirely decided on what spin direction your opponent was in.
(May. 29, 2021  2:00 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: TBH I don't think Drift really needs a ban. In standard with so many different drivers, there's actually a fair amount of ways to counter drift.
Destabilizers, Attack types, Drain counters can easily equalise drift.
(Drain Counters is my way of saying beys that in reality don't have much stamina, however are able to drain and tie with drift despite note using drift.)
Some Drain counters include Solomon TheEnd Kou/Nexus Rise, Wizard Diabolos Vanguard Bearing (Before DB came along it was sufficiently able to drain and equalise with Drift)
So there are ways to counter drift.
The only problem is that ability to change spin on Drift creates more trouble.

Instead we could possibly take a different approach.
I propose we enact a ban on World from Changing spin when using Drift. (unless it's banned from Changing already and I don't know)
World is the primary layer that drift is being used on and therefore poses the most problems.
Many of the Spriggan before world were banned from Changing spin, so why is World an Exception?
If Drift is limited to a single spin direction then it will be easier to counter, making the meta more balanced and playable for those who do not posses Drift

Dont know if you know this but DB Disks are illegal on Limit Break Rings
(May. 29, 2021  2:00 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: TBH I don't think Drift really needs a ban. In standard with so many different drivers, there's actually a fair amount of ways to counter drift.
(Drain Counters is my way of saying beys that in reality don't have much stamina, however are able to drain and tie with drift despite note using drift.)
Some Drain counters include Solomon TheEnd Kou/Nexus Rise, Wizard Diabolos Vanguard Bearing (Before DB came along it was sufficiently able to drain and equalise with Drift)

I propose we enact a ban on World from Changing spin when using Drift. (unless it's banned from Changing already and I don't know)
World is the primary layer that drift is being used on and therefore poses the most problems.
Many of the Spriggan before world were banned from Changing spin, so why is World an Exception?
If Drift is limited to a single spin direction then it will be easier to counter, making the meta more balanced and playable for those who do not posses Drift

pretty sure switching spin is illegal, ill look at rules

(May. 29, 2021  2:34 AM)The Blacknight Wrote:

yea, its illegal, page 8 of Burst format rules: 
The mode of any dual-spin Layer or Layer Base must be selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before submitting it to the judge for inspection.
After a combination has been submitted for inspection, the mode of a dual-spin part cannot be changed for the duration of the match.
I think that currently there is an interesting dynamic between zone+z and drift, where Zone+z has one of the highest Overall Stamina/Lad, while Drift has the superior opposite spin Lad. Zone +z is the second best in Opposite spin Lad and very good same spin Stamina. Drift has ok same spin stamina but has the best opposite spin Lad. This way you have to chose between reliability in both same and opposite spin or top tier Lad with the drawback of being less reliable depending on the spin directions. If we say, took away drift, then Zone + z would dominate the meta (more than it already is). I could see a world where both are banned, since it would make things more interesting and give other drivers, like kick and never, a chance to shine.

I’m also kind interested in the possibility of Zone +x if Zone + Z were to be banned, even without the free spin ring, it could still be good. Xtend Plus has no reason to be good yet 3 years later it’s still in the top cut of lad drivers (I know this is kind off topic, but it relates to my previous message which wasn’t)
(May. 29, 2021  2:34 AM)The Blacknight Wrote:

(May. 29, 2021  2:34 AM)The Blacknight Wrote: pretty sure switching spin is illegal, ill look at rules
yea, its illegal, page 8 of Burst format rules: 
The mode of any dual-spin Layer or Layer Base must be selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before submitting it to the judge for inspection.
After a combination has been submitted for inspection, the mode of a dual-spin part cannot be changed for the duration of the match.

I see. Then I made a mistake. Then that means that Drift shouldn't be banned at all
As much as I absolutely hate playing against drift, I don't think a ban is necessary.
I mean, why would it need to get banned? It has tons of counters.
I think overall, like CrisisCrusher said, the biggest issue with Standard as a format is the Swiss format of tournaments. You can play the entire day for the coin flip and go either 5-0 or 0-5. If we had Choose 3 Pick 1, I think the Swiss rounds would be much more skill intensive as well as a test of decision making. I did pretty well in Swiss at Yalldodo’s tournament. But the whole day, I played Rage Helios 2 (MCC), 3A, Drift. So again, it comes down to the coin flip game which isn’t fun or healthy for a games meta.
Choose 3 pick 1 also solves the scouting problem, which I like.
(May. 28, 2021  6:48 PM)Allen Schaffer Wrote:

Before you assume someone doesn't know what their talking about maybe you should look who they played with.  How often do you practice? I have over 300 matches with drift. With people who have won national championships.  On top of that the lower case and upper case lettering on my bio is sarcasm and a line from robot chicken but ypu have proven you are too literal.

literally you wouldn't have used that font if you were serious lol but thnk drift should stay
no i do not because they can just relese a better driver it also goes pretty even with zone dash z