Thief Phoenic E230GCF Draft

Stone Face: Phoenic
Weight: 1.2 grams
The black Stone Face depicts a stylized form of the Phoenix, a mythical creature in line with the theme of Zero-G. It is the first commercially available stone face in the Zero-G series to have its creature symbol printed on as opposed to only a sticker.

Chrome Wheel: Phoenic
Weight: 29.8 grams
The Phoenic Chrome Wheel has three wings formed of big, smoothed feathers pointing towards the left, therefore contrary to its spin direction. Engraved claws appear to clutch the orb from the Crystal Wheel that protrudes through Phoenic, while the heads of the two other wings represent the beaks of birds, essentially. The relief on this Chrome Wheel isn't overly complicated: in fact, its sides are mostly vertical, straight continuations of the feathers on the top, creating a jagged pattern meant for Attack.

Phoenic provides a lot of contact points and great smash potential because of its protrusions, but by itself is arguably too light to be competitive. When paired with the Thief crystal wheel, all of Phoenic's contact points are exposed fully but only combine for 35.1 grams, which is a disadvantage when compared to top tier attack wheels such as Flash (45.6 grams) and Blitz (43.72 grams).

Synchromed with another Phoenic chrome wheel, most of the large protrusions become covered up but exposes tiny contact points that create impressive smash when delivered with its combined weight of nearly 60 grams. However, these small contact points wear down considerably fast because it absorbs the brunt of impact as opposed to the larger feather protrusions. It is currently the most aggressively designed Zero-G chrome wheel, being less circular than most other chrome wheels. Phoenic is currently the best attack wheel in the Zero-G series, delivering a powerful smash attack comparable to top-tier attack wheels when synchromed. Its superior weight also lends it an advantage in head-to-head match ups against other non-Zero-G attack wheels.

Crystal Wheel: Thief
Weight: 5.3 grams
Thief is shaped in an odd way with some longer parts but also numerous angular protrusions and appears to complement Phoenic best among other chrome wheels. It has the fire element symbol on it and is colored yellow in its release with Thief Phoenic E230GCF. A red version of Thief comes with Thief Saramanda 230WB. As with most crystal wheels, Thief is an inferior partner for any Chrome Wheel due to its weight. Although its shape best reveals all of Phoenic's smash points, it is an inferior choice to another Phoenic or any other chrome wheel.

Track: Elevator 230
Weight: 7.4 grams
E230 is a mechanical upgrade to the regular 230 Track. Its core is modified to accomodate, along its whole height, the ascent and descent of a free-moving disk, hence the term "elevator". This disk however does not freely-rotate around the Track like ED145, and its vertical position cannot be fixed. E230 works almost essentially for the Zero-G Stadiums, because its gimmick requires a lot of movements up and down to function well. As the Beyblade comes down, E230 comes in contact with the sides of the stadium, and this contact is maintained all the way to the bottom, which theoretically allows the Combination to keep its balance despite the erratic movements of the Zero-G Stadiums. This allows it to stumble over even less, which is useful since it isn't a rare occurence in those stadiums.

E230's disk can be flipped over to create a sort of "boost mode" similar to BD145. The disk can be placed in such a way that it either lies fairly low on the track, or slightly elevated around the middle. In the latter configuration, the disk moves up and down much less than in the former. When used in a non-Zero-G environment, E230's disk provides additional defense compared to a 230 track. Its wide diameter, equivalent to BD145's disk, can absorb hits from low- to mid-height attackers. Despite this, it is not a direct upgrade to 230 because it performs significantly different aerodynamically and balance-wise. It is considered to be a top-tier defense track because of its height and the defensive nature of the disk, which can deflect attacks that normal 230 tracks cannot.

Bottom: Gear Circle Flat
Weight: 2.5 grams
As an upgraded version of Circle Flat, GCF is a Flat Bottom with a slightly larger tip, mounted by a huge disk. Instead of its circumference being smooth like CF, the edges of the disk have ridges that evoke the feel of a mechanical gear. This gimmick is meant to embrace the curve of the Zero-G stadiums and also create less smooth movement patterns around the stadium for the Beyblade using GCF. The flat portion of the tip is wide, comparable to an XF, creating extremely fast and aggressive movement. GCF creates significant floor scrape regardless of stadium used. In a Zero-G stadium, the wide disk of GCF helps reduce the instance of exiting through a pocket, making it a superior choice for tip compared to other Flat bottoms.

Other Versions
Thief Saramanda 230WB - BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF (contains red recolor of Thief)
Samurai Saramanda E230ES - BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF (contains red recolor of E230)
Pirates Ifraid T125GCF - BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF (contains red recolor of GCF)
WBBA Limited Thief Phoenic Flame ver. - Red recolor of Thief and Phoenic given out as a prize for events during the World Hobby Fair in Japan last June, 2012.

Overall
Aside from its negligible crystal wheel and light face bolt, Thief Phoenic E230GCF is composed of excellent parts that can be used in various combos in both BB-10 and Zero-G environments. While its rarity can be somewhat prohibitive to procurement, there is currently only one other way to obtain E230: through Samurai Saramanda E230ES, which is also a rare from the Zero-G Random Booster, Vol. 1. All serious competitive players should own this beyblade.

Gallery
WBBA Limited Thief Phoenic Flame ver.
I find this article to be excellent zionson.

I would include a synchrome which can "maximize" Phoenic's true smash potential... so if you could test with other chrome wheels, that would be great.

Again, this article is truly excellent.
No offence Mu but you haven't really been here long enough to know when an article is done. Zionson the main comments I have are that while you describe a lot about the parts and uses you don't actually say how useful they are which is really important. Also you need an attack combo for the Phoenic wheel and a defence combo or other combo for E230. Oh and an overall section is needed too
(Jul. 09, 2012  10:41 AM)Ultra Wrote: No offence Mu but you haven't really been here long enough to know when an article is done. Zionson the main comments I have are that while you describe a lot about the parts and uses you don't actually say how useful they are which is really important. Also you need an attack combo for the Phoenic wheel and a defence combo or other combo for E230. Oh and an overall section is needed too

Great, I'll add an assessment part later. I'll also add a combo once I've done more tests.
Also, the Other Versions section doesn't need to be in paragraph form. Just a list of the different versions, like this from my Pirates Orojya draft:

Primal Wrote:Orojya Revizer T125JB Dark Blue Ver. - WBBA Lottery Campaign: A Starter+Stadium or a Set that contains a stadium had to be purchased for a chance to win one of the 1000 available.
Samurai Orojya 145WD - BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF (Orange and green stickers)
Shinobi Orojya 145ES - BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF (Purple and blue-grey stickers)
Added assessment of parts and overall section. Bladers who own this beyblade, please feel free to input your thoughts as well, but I'm personally inclined to recommending it highly because of E230 and even Phoenic and GCF. In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm terribly biased towards this beyblade, but it's performed rather well for me. I have four.

Recommendations for Attack (Phoenic) and Defense (E230) customizations will be added pending further testing.
In the "Other Versions" section, I've noticed the other articles on the Beywiki just include other Beys if they share the same Clear Wheel/Wheel/Chrome Wheel. Should this be done for this article as well? Just include the other "Phoenics"? Apologies if I'm wrong on this.
This is great so far it just needs some editing!! Otherwise good work!!! Smile
(Jul. 09, 2012  3:36 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: In the "Other Versions" section, I've noticed the other articles on the Beywiki just include other Beys if they share the same Clear Wheel/Wheel/Chrome Wheel. Should this be done for this article as well? Just include the other "Phoenics"? Apologies if I'm wrong on this.

Probably true in the sense that the metal wheel is essentially the "heart" of the bey, but in this case, collectors consider the complete rare set from Random Booster Vol 1, as the "hidden rare", so I thought it was important to mention.

(Jul. 09, 2012  3:42 PM)Cosmic Wrote: This is great so far it just needs some editing!! Other whys good work!!! Smile

Hehe, speaking of editing ... I think you mean 'otherwise'.
Just to throw my 2c in on the other versions, in a case like this I totally agree with how you've done it, and it's a really nice draft. A couple of small things here and there that I might fix up if no one else does once plastics remembrance is over or sorted, but yeah, really nice work, always good to have another writer!
Aside from adding an overall section, like Ultra said, list some new parts. I sill found this article to be quite excellent (as a rought draft.) Be sure to add more pictures and parts in the gallery too!
Quote:The black stone face depicts a stylized form of the Phoenix
I think Stone Face should be capitalized.

Quote:contact points that deliver impressive smash when delivered with its combined
Two "delivers" doesn't sound that great, maybe change one?

Quote:chrome wheel due to its weight. Although its shape best reveals all of Phoenic's smash points, it is an inferior choice to another Phoenic or any other chrome wheel.
Capitalize Chrome Wheel.

Quote: Instead of its circumference being smooth like CF however, the edges of the disk
The "however" doesn't really seem needed.

Other than that, the article looks pretty good.
I made several changes, but most were grammatical or syntactical. However, I did put notes in bolded parentheses. Everything else is great.

(Jul. 09, 2012  2:22 AM)zionson Wrote: Stone Face: Phoenic
Weight: 1.2 grams
The black Stone Face depicts a stylized form of the Phoenix, a mythical creature in line with the theme of Zero-G. It is the first commercially available Stone Face in the Zero-G series to have its Mark printed on as opposed to only being a sticker.

Chrome Wheel: Phoenic
The Phoenic Chrome Wheel has three wings formed of big, smoothed feathers pointing towards the left, therefore contrary to its spin direction. Engraved claws appear to clutch the orb from the Crystal Wheel that protrudes through Phoenic, while the heads of the two other wings represent the beaks of birds, essentially. The relief on this Chrome Wheel isn't overly complicated: in fact, its sides are mostly vertical, straight continuations of the feathers on the top, creating a jagged pattern meant for Attack.

Phoenic provides a lot of contact points and great Smash (Attack ?) potential because of its protrusions, but, by itself, it is arguably too light to be competitive. When paired with the Thief Crystal Wheel, all of Phoenic's contact points are exposed fully but only combine for a total weight of 35.1 grams, which is a disadvantage when compared to top-tier Attack Metal Wheels such as Flash (45.6 grams) and Blitz (43.72 grams).

When put into Synchrom with another Phoenic Chrome Wheel, most of the large protrusions become covered up but expose tiny contact points that create impressive Smash (Attack ?) when delivered with its combined weight of nearly 60 grams. However, these small contact points wear down considerably fast because it absorbs the brunt of the impact as opposed to the larger feather protrusions. It is currently the most aggressively designed Chrome Wheel, being less circular than most other Chrome Wheels. Phoenic is currently the best Attack Chrome Wheel in the Zero-G series, displaying powerful Smash Attack comparable to top-tier Attack Metal Wheels when placed into Synchrom with another Phoenic. Its superior weight also lends it an advantage in head-to-head match-ups against other non-Zero-G Attack Metal Wheels. (So, as an Attack Chrome Wheel, it does great against Flash and VariAres ? Perhaps elaborate on that.)

Crystal Wheel: Thief
Weight: 5.3 grams
Thief is shaped in an odd way with some longer parts but also numerous angular protrusions and appears to complement Phoenic best among other Chrome Wheels. It has the fire element symbol on its crystal and is colored yellow in its release with Thief Phoenic E230GCF. A red version of Thief comes with Thief Saramanda 230WB, available in the same Random Booster Volume. As with most Crystal Wheels, Thief is an inferior partner for any Chrome Wheel due to its weight. Although its shape best reveals all of Phoenic's smash points, it is an inferior choice to another Phoenic or any other Chrome Wheel.

Track: Elevator 230
Weight: 7.4 grams
E230 is a mechanical upgrade to the regular 230 Track. Its core is modified to accomodate, along its whole height, the ascent and descent of a free-moving disk, hence the term "elevator". This disk however does not freely rotate around the Track like ED145, and its vertical position cannot be fixed. E230 works almost essentially for the Zero-G Stadiums, because its gimmick requires a lot of movements up and down to function well. As the Beyblade comes down, E230 comes in contact with the sides of the stadium, and this contact is maintained all the way to the bottom, which theoretically allows the Combination to keep its balance despite the erratic movements of the Zero-G Stadiums. This decreases its risks of stumbling over, which is useful since it isn't a rare occurence in those stadiums.

E230's disk can be flipped over to create a sort of "Boost Mode" similar to BD145. This Mode, although it does not hold an official name, is legal. The disk can be placed in such a way that it either lies fairly low on the Track, or slightly elevated around the middle. In the latter configuration, the disk moves up and down much less than in the former, and comes much closer to the Metal Wheel or Chrome Wheel placed onto it. When used in a conventional environment such as the [[BeyStadium Attack Type (MFB)|Beystadium Attack Type]], E230's disk provides additional defense compared to a 230 track. Its wide diameter, equivalent to BD145's disk, can absorb hits from low- to mid-height Attackers. Despite this, it is not a direct upgrade to 230 because it performs significantly different aerodynamically and balance-wise. It is considered to be a top-tier Defense Track because of its height and the defensive nature of the disk, which can deflect attacks that a normal 230 Track cannot. It's also relatively heavy, which always helps promote good Defense.

Bottom: Gear Circle Flat
Weight: 2.5 grams
As an upgraded version of Circle Flat, GCF is a Flat Bottom with a slightly larger tip, mounted by a huge disk. Instead of its circumference being smooth like CF, the edges of the disk have ridges that evoke the feel of a mechanical gear. This gimmick is meant to embrace the curve of the Zero-G stadiums and also create less smooth, more erratic movement patterns around the stadium for the Beyblade using GCF. The flat portion of the tip is wide, comparable to an XF, creating extremely fast and aggressive movement. GCF causes significant floor scrape regardless of the BeyStadium used. In a Zero-G Stadium, the wide disk of GCF helps reduce the instance of exiting through a pocket, making it a superior choice of Bottom compared to other Flat Bottoms.

Other Versions
Thief Saramanda 230WB - BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF (Red Phoenic)
Samurai Saramanda E230ES - BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF (Red E230)
Pirates Ifraid T125GCF - BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF (Red GCF)
Thief Phoenic Flame Ver. - Prize for Beyblade events during the World Hobby Fair 2012 Summer (Red Phoenic)

Overall
Aside from its negligible Crystal Wheel and light Face, Thief Phoenic E230GCF is composed of excellent parts that can be used in various combos in both BB-10 and Zero-G environments. While its rarity can be somewhat prohibitive to getting purchased (I understand what 'procurement' means, but others might find it way too rich. Verify my correction though.), there is currently only one other way to obtain E230: through Samurai Saramanda E230ES, which is also a rare Beyblade from Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF. All serious competitive players should own this Beyblade.

Gallery
WBBA Limited Thief Phoenic Flame ver.

It does terrific against Flash and Blitz. Testing against Variares now (just bought it). Will be posting results for a new series of tests maybe later this afternoon or tomorrow.
Zionson, up until now, which Chrome Wheel has best aids Phoenic in its smash attack ? I wonder how Gryph and Killerken would do in tandem with Phoenic. If you find anything interesting, please post it here.
(Jul. 10, 2012  4:31 PM)MyTestsAreLies Wrote: Zionson, up until now, which Chrome Wheel has best aids Phoenic in its smash attack ? I wonder how Gryph and Killerken would do in tandem with Phoenic. If you find anything interesting, please post it here.

From what I've heared, Phoenic is good synchroming with another Phoenic.
zionson, I wrote some observations about what performance value each Zero G Chrome Wheel adds to a Synchrom. I am sure it has some stuff that you already have in your article, but I wanted to post this here in case you could use anything from it.

zionson has not touched this draft since he first posted it, so do not hesitate to go in and edit it yourself.
Ok, I will give it a shot. I am currently doing inventory at work which will hinder me a little for a week or so, but here is a first attempt at combining my info with his draft. I personally believe that Zero G Beys should have a section for how they perform on top/bottom of a Synchrom, and then when Synchromed with themselves, but that is up to you.

Quote:Chrome Wheel: Phoenic

Phoenic provides a lot of contact points and great Smash Attack potential because of its protrusions, but, by itself, it is arguably too light to be competitive. When paired with the Thief Crystal Wheel, all of Phoenic's contact points are exposed fully but only combine for a total weight of 35.1 grams, which is a disadvantage when compared to top-tier Attack Metal Wheels such as Flash (45.6 grams) and Blitz (43.72 grams).

When used as the top Chrome Wheel of a Synchrom:
Phoenic's many well defined contact points can add Smash Attack to any Synchrom. However, these contact points are easily covered by most other Chrome Wheels which reduces the chance these points can connect with the opponent. Because of this, it is important to strategically pick a track that places Phoenic as the main contact point for your opponent.

When used as the bottom Chrome Wheel of a Synchrom:
Again, Phoenic will still provide amazing smash if it is the main contact point for your opponent. It also seems to perform great force smash, especially after some of its side contact points start turning up from wear. As a side note, there is a small synergy that E230(normal mode) has with Phoenic when it is on the bottom of a Synchrom that helps counter the problem of Phoenic’s contact points being so easily covered. In an aggressive “wobbler” setup, E230’s disk will sometimes scoop the opponent up into Phoenic, which will actually pinch the opponent and send it flying.

When Synchromed with Itself:
When put into Synchrom with another Phoenic Chrome Wheel, most of the large protrusions become covered up but expose tiny contact points that create impressive Smash Attack when delivered with its combined weight of nearly 60 grams. However, these small contact points wear down considerably fast because it absorbs the brunt of the impact as opposed to the larger feather protrusions. It is currently the most aggressively designed Chrome Wheel, being less circular than most other Chrome Wheels. With the exception of Begirados, Phoenic is currently the best Attack Chrome Wheel in the Zero-G series, displaying powerful Smash Attack comparable to top-tier Attack Metal Wheels when placed into Synchrom with another Phoenic. Its superior weight also lends it an advantage in head-to-head match-ups against other non-Zero-G Attack Metal Wheels.

Overall
Phoenic is an excellent way to add a good amount of attack to any Synchrom, assuming that its contact points are able to connect with the opponent. Aside from its negligible Crystal Wheel and light Face, Thief Phoenic E230GCF is composed of excellent parts that can be used in various combos in both BB-10 and Zero-G environments. All serious competitive players should own this Beyblade.

Sure, Synchrom is complex, so a few more sub-sections will not be too bad.

I do not currently have time, but remind me to look at this draft again next week or something.
Nice article. Thief Phoenic is our of our best parts beys. The elevator is excellent for as you said zero g and bb10 environments.
I made a few light edits, but is Phoenic really more recommendable than Gryph ?

(Dec. 06, 2012  10:26 PM)KainHighwind Wrote:
Quote:Chrome Wheel: Phoenic

The Phoenic Chrome Wheel has three wings formed of big, smoothed feathers pointing towards the left, therefore contrary to its spin direction. Engraved claws appear to clutch the orb from the Crystal Wheel that protrudes through Phoenic, while the heads of the two other wings represent the beaks of birds. The relief on this Chrome Wheel isn't overly complicated: in fact, its sides are mostly vertical, straight continuations of the feathers on the top, creating a jagged pattern meant for Attack.

Phoenic provides a lot of contact points and great Smash Attack potential because of its protrusions, but, by itself, it is arguably too light to be competitive. When paired with the Thief Crystal Wheel, all of Phoenic's contact points are exposed fully but only combine for a total weight of 35.1 grams, which is a disadvantage when compared to top-tier Attack Metal Wheels such as Flash (45.6 grams) and Blitz (43.72 grams).

When used as the top Chrome Wheel of a Synchrom:
Phoenic's many well defined contact points can add Smash Attack to any Synchrom. However, these contact points are easily covered by most other Chrome Wheels which reduces the chance that these points can connect with the opponent. Because of this, it is important to strategically pick a Track that places Phoenic as the main contact point for your opponent, as well as a smaller Chrome Wheel.

When used as the bottom Chrome Wheel of a Synchrom:
Again, Phoenic will still provide amazing Smash if it is the main contact point for your opponent. It also performs great Force Smash, especially after some of its side contact points start turning up from wear. As a side note, there is a small synergy that E230, in its normal mode, has with Phoenic when it is on the bottom of a Synchrom that helps counter the problem of Phoenic’s contact points being so easily covered. In an aggressive Wobbler setup, E230’s disk will sometimes scoop the opponent up into Phoenic, which will actually pinch the opponent and send it flying.

When Synchromed with Itself:
When put into Synchrom with another Phoenic Chrome Wheel, most of the large protrusions become covered up but expose tiny contact points that create impressive Smash Attack when delivered with its combined weight of nearly 60 grams. However, these small contact points wear down considerably fast because it absorbs the brunt of the impact as opposed to the larger feather protrusions. It is currently the most aggressively designed Chrome Wheel, being less circular than most other Chrome Wheels. With the exception of Begirados, Phoenic is currently the best Attack Chrome Wheel in the Zero-G series, displaying powerful Smash Attack comparable to top-tier Attack Metal Wheels when placed into Synchrom with another Phoenic. Its superior weight also lends it an advantage in head-to-head match-ups against other non-Zero-G Attack Metal Wheels.

Overall
Phoenic is an excellent way to add a good amount of attack to any Synchrom, assuming that its contact points are able to connect with the opponent. Aside from its negligible Crystal Wheel and light Face, Thief Phoenic E230GCF is composed of excellent parts that can be used in various combos in both BB-10 and Zero-G environments. All serious competitive players should own this Beyblade.

Kind of off-topic, but is that the format that all Zero-G Chrome Wheel articles should be done in?
UGottaCetus, I have talked to Kai-V about that being kind of a standard format for Zero G Chrome Wheels because they do perform differently depending on whether they are on the top or bottom, and it will help people with building Synchroms that do not contain the same Chrome Wheel

Kai-V, For just straight Smash Attack, yes, Phoenic is better than Gryph. And I don't believe it is neccesary to add "as well as a small Chrome Wheel" because as long as Phoenic is the main contact for your opponent then it really doesn't matter how big the other wheel is (with possibly the exception of Bahamdia). Example, your opponent is Duo 230D/MB, if you build your Synchrom with lets say Begirados Phoenic, it is possible to choose a Track where Duo will never make contact with Begirados. Alternatively, if your opponent is Reviser Reviser BD145RDF, you can place Phoenic on the bottom of the Synchrom and again make a strategic track choice that will ensure the top Chrome Wheel will never come in contact with Reviser (again, possibly with the exception of Bahamdia). I just don't want everyone to think you are just restricted to just a few Chrome Wheels when building a Synchrom with Phoenic. The only exception to this is if you are at the same height as your opponent, but that is why I emphasized track choice.
What is Gryph good at specifically, already ? Also, OK for the other point.