They just nerfed sparking SO MUCH!

(Oct. 28, 2020  3:16 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  3:13 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Sadly,they did this so they could make lane overpowered.

Lane would lose to all of them if they kept their OG strenghts.
No offense, but that’s not quite how it works. You don’t get worse/weaker but rather the people around you get better. In other words, the legends are actually stronger than they were in previous seasons it just doesn’t appear that way because Lane and the protagonists happen to have progressed beyond them and have ultimately has risen above the competition.
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:17 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  3:16 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Lane would lose to all of them if they kept their OG strenghts.
No offense, but that’s not quite how it works. You don’t get worse but rather the people around you get better. In other words, the legends are actually stronger than they were in previous seasons it just doesn’t appear that way because Lane is progressing really fast and has risen above the competition.

And because he has plot armor.
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:18 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:17 AM)Zeutron Wrote: No offense, but that’s not quite how it works. You don’t get worse but rather the people around you get better. In other words, the legends are actually stronger than they were in previous seasons it just doesn’t appear that way because Lane is progressing really fast and has risen above the competition.

Yes of course.
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:18 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:17 AM)Zeutron Wrote: No offense, but that’s not quite how it works. You don’t get worse but rather the people around you get better. In other words, the legends are actually stronger than they were in previous seasons it just doesn’t appear that way because Lane is progressing really fast and has risen above the competition.

wanna play among us pls
(Oct. 28, 2020  3:16 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  3:13 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Sadly,they did this so they could make lane overpowered.

Lane would lose to all of them if they kept their OG strenghts.
Wrong? Their old strength and skill didnt just disappear, it just changes with time. That's like saying "remember that one time Valt went above and beyond to save his best friend? Why didnt he do that to beat a random guy 4 years later! smh!". Like bro. Or saying " remember that one time exclusively where in that moment Dante used Igniton to dodge Genesis? Why cant he do that again with a completely different bey a year later against a completely different opponent!". Aiger wont magically regain the amount of resonance he had vs Phi. Valt will never have the same passion to bring up a ton of strength like he had vs Shu. It just doesnt work like that.
(Oct. 28, 2020  3:05 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  3:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote: To be fair what did you think was going to happen? They can’t be invincible and the only balanced way for a burst series to progress is for everyone in a generic character archetype to lost consistently save for the antagonist. All in all the entire concept of sparking would have to be altered for this to have been avoided.

They could've nerfed them. BUT NOT THAT MUCH.
It seems reasonable to me man lose early then win later on or the opposite in some cases- just like every burst series. You have to take into consideration the timeframe the show has and the progression of the protagonists. The more they progress the more they win its typical animated/televised logic.
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:19 AM)beykid44 Wrote: And because he has plot armor.

Wrong thread buddy. Sorry I can’t.
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:19 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  3:16 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Lane would lose to all of them if they kept their OG strenghts.
Wrong? Their old strength and skill didnt just disappear, it just changes with time. That's like saying "remember that one time Valt went above and beyond to save his best friend? Why didnt he do that to beat a random guy 4 years later! smh!". Like bro. Or saying " remember that one time exclusively where in that moment Dante used Igniton to dodge Genesis? Why cant he do that again with a completely different bey a year later against a completely different opponent!". Aiger wont magically regain the amount of resonance he had vs Phi. Valt will never have the same passion to bring up a ton of strength like he had vs Shu. It just doesnt work like that.
Couldn’t agree more.
Lean said something after he defeated Lui saying that he wont come back to Shu unless he has defeated every legend including Shu.
They didn't nerf sparking. Some of you guys just can't get over the fact that your favorite character is losing to someone else that's what.
Probally the reason I hate Sparking the most is because Aiga loses to the antagonist.
It would have been fine if he lost to Valt or someone else but not Lane
(Oct. 28, 2020  2:48 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Probally the reason I hate Sparking the most is because Aiga loses to the antagonist.
It would have been fine if he lost to Valt or someone else but not Lane
Aiga isn’t a main character so it’s not really an option. At least he won by that fluke earlier on.
(Oct. 28, 2020  2:45 PM)Apollo17 Wrote: They didn't nerf sparking. Some of you guys just can't get over the fact that your favorite character is losing to someone else that's what.

finally! someone else that agrees.
Ya u Valt loves just get over that he lost I mean hey I like Valt I like his character and everything but if he lost he lost but that one loss can be redeemed so instead of whining you should be thinking about the future of Valt and how he's gonna be making a severe comeback. DeltaZakuro agrees.
I never even liked Valt. But anyway Sparking is just a great dissapoinment.
honestly, I agree and disagree. What ticks me off is that the legends lost this EARLY. In Burst, the Supreme 4 lost near the end(except Lui). In God, Free, Lui, Kurt, etc. all lost near the end. In Cho-z, Free, Hearts, and Shu lost near the end. I'm waiting 4 GT to come out on Netflix, but I'm sure the strong bladers lost near the end too. The legends have all lost, AND IT'S NOT EVEN HALF THE SEASON. What? Yea no. I'm not as mad about it as earlier, but there is smth else that is messing w/ me. If Lane lost to Aiga, or even Valt, then he would have had a reason to get a new bey. MARKETING. Instead, the writes went w/ a trash decision for no reason. The reason I say Aiga is the fact that lane would have plowed through three bladers, like how Phi plowed through 3.
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:01 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: honestly, I agree and disagree. What ticks me off is that the legends lost this EARLY. In Burst, the Supreme 4 lost near the end(except Lui). In God, Free, Lui, Kurt, etc. all lost near the end. In Cho-z, Free, Hearts, and Shu lost near the end. I'm waiting 4 GT to come out on Netflix, but I'm sure the strong bladers lost near the end too. The legends have all lost, AND IT'S NOT EVEN HALF THE SEASON. What? Yea no. I'm not as mad about it as earlier, but there is smth else that is messing w/ me. If Lane lost to Aiga, or even Valt, then he would have had a reason to get a new bey. MARKETING. Instead, the writes went w/ a trash decision for no reason. The reason I say Aiga is the fact that lane would have plowed through three bladers, like how Phi plowed through 3.

I mean this season is all about the legends. Hikaru and Hyuga never 1v1 a legend and won. Lean is the only that has done that. Don't expect the legends to not win until the end. They have to loose at some point. Remember that a bey is never unbeatable.
In GT the only two returning legend bladers were Aiga and Valt. But Valt didnt lose at all but because he didnt have screen time. Aiga is a completely different story.
If Shu had returned he would have lost to the end.
Free and Lui might have lost in the beginning.
In sparkinge every legend loses one battle but then they just keep on losing.
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:07 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: In GT the only two returning legend bladers were Aiga and Valt. But Valt didnt lose at all but because he didnt have screen time. Aiga is a completely different story.

Because it literally was an all legends tournament boi they all have to loose again and again it's not like it's legends vs random bladers.
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:09 PM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:07 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: In GT the only two returning legend bladers were Aiga and Valt. But Valt didnt lose at all but because he didnt have screen time. Aiga is a completely different story.

Because it literally was an all legends tournament boi they all have to loose again and again it's not like it's legends vs random bladers.

Yeah right lol. Tho the only one I really do say put a better fight than Lui and free is Rantaro. Idc if yall say Rantaro is weak but this mans desrves respct
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:06 PM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:01 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: honestly, I agree and disagree. What ticks me off is that the legends lost this EARLY. In Burst, the Supreme 4 lost near the end(except Lui). In God, Free, Lui, Kurt, etc. all lost near the end. In Cho-z, Free, Hearts, and Shu lost near the end. I'm waiting 4 GT to come out on Netflix, but I'm sure the strong bladers lost near the end too. The legends have all lost, AND IT'S NOT EVEN HALF THE SEASON. What? Yea no. I'm not as mad about it as earlier, but there is smth else that is messing w/ me. If Lane lost to Aiga, or even Valt, then he would have had a reason to get a new bey. MARKETING. Instead, the writes went w/ a trash decision for no reason. The reason I say Aiga is the fact that lane would have plowed through three bladers, like how Phi plowed through 3.

I mean this season is all about the legends. Hikaru and Hyuga never 1v1 a legend and won. Lean is the only that has done that. Don't expect the legends to not win until the end. They have to loose at some point. Remember that a bey is never unbeatable.

yea, a bey ain't unbeatable, but plot armor is.
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:15 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  4:06 PM)Achilles25 Wrote: I mean this season is all about the legends. Hikaru and Hyuga never 1v1 a legend and won. Lean is the only that has done that. Don't expect the legends to not win until the end. They have to loose at some point. Remember that a bey is never unbeatable.

yea, a bey ain't unbeatable, but plot armor is.

lol. I just hate how Free lost to Lean like that but then again Geist Fafnir never stood a chance against First Uranus
The manga is far superior in how it handled the characters.
I feel like the only legends they havent nerfed them are Free and Shu
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:07 PM)Admiral W Wrote: The manga is far superior in how it handled the characters.

While I like the manga more, from what I know from my friend (who owns each chapter of Surge) they handle them about the same way. Take a  look at the battles.

Hizashi's vs Kiyama's: Hizashi's win

Hyuga vs Bladers at conference: Hyuga win (granted the anime made this more of a development filler episode but I thought I might as well include it).

Valt vs Free: No result (just for show)

Hyuga vs Valt: Draw (wouldnt this be considered worse by most people)

Lui vs Hyuga vs Lean: Lean win

Hizashi's vs Lean: Lean win

SPECIAL BATTLES
Hyuga vs Delta: Delta win

Hikaru vs Delta: Hikaru win

Hikaru vs Silas: Silas win

Hyuga vs Dante: Dante win (multiple battles but Dante won more overall).