They just nerfed sparking SO MUCH!

Is it 100% confirmed that episode 33 is Shu vs Lean
IMO I can't say the anime or manga is better since manga or anime hasn't ended but so far I think manga is a bit more consistent
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:14 PM)Achilles25 Wrote: Is it 100% confirmed that episode 33 is Shu vs Lean

Nope.
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:11 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:07 PM)Admiral W Wrote: The manga is far superior in how it handled the characters.

While I like the manga more, from what I know from my friend (who owns each chapter of Surge) they handle them about the same way. Take a  look at the battles.

Hizashi's vs Kiyama's: Hizashi's win

Hyuga vs Bladers at conference: Hyuga win (granted the anime made this more of a development filler episode but I thought I might as well include it).

Valt vs Free: No result (just for show)

Hyuga vs Valt: Draw (wouldnt this be considered worse by most people)

Lui vs Hyuga vs Lean: Lean win

Hizashi's vs Lean: Lean win

SPECIAL BATTLES
Hyuga vs Delta: Delta win

Hikaru vs Delta: Hikaru win

Hikaru vs Silas: Silas win

Hyuga vs Dante: Dante win (multiple battles but Dante won more overall).

On the whole, the manga has handled them better imo. And as I look at the manga to anime adaptation over the course of the series, I see that they're other animes that do a better job at it. My Hero Academia for example. As far back as Turbo/Cho-Z, I see that the manga has been more consistent, and reasonable. I was particularly happier with the GT and Sparking mangas than the anime.
I haven´t read the manga that much but I can tell they do a good job.
They did Free (Mirage Fafnir) vs. Lean (Variant Lucifer)= Lean (2-0)
Lean vs. Lui vs. Hyuga (I think)= Lean (4-0-0)
Delta vs. Hyuga= Delta (1-0)
Delta vs. Hikaru= Delta (1-0)
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:21 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:11 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: While I like the manga more, from what I know from my friend (who owns each chapter of Surge) they handle them about the same way. Take a  look at the battles.

Hyuga vs Bladers at conference: Hyuga win (granted the anime made this more of a development filler episode but I thought I might as well include it).

SPECIAL BATTLES

On the whole, the manga has handled them better imo. And as I look at the manga to anime adaptation over the course of the series, I see that they're other animes that do a better job at it. My Hero Academia for example. As far back as Turbo/Cho-Z, I see that the manga has been more consistent, and reasonable. I was particularly happier with the GT and Sparking mangas than the anime.
Fai enough, I find the Rise anime alot more enjoyable.
Sparking has just been a dissapointment from the beginning. The only think I like about sparking are the beys lol
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:11 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:07 PM)Admiral W Wrote: The manga is far superior in how it handled the characters.

While I like the manga more, from what I know from my friend (who owns each chapter of Surge) they handle them about the same way. Take a  look at the battles.

SPECIAL BATTLES

You forgot 2 more matches, but the reason why the manga is better unlike the anime its consistent with the legend while the anime isnt we see why their legend in the Manga . And unlike the anime lane has already taken that L which we all know its going to result lane ugrading And the brothers even thought 2 legend lost bit it wasnt a convencing win the dont ruch them in a tournament yet And reach high positions. Which is good each of the chapters devolped the legends And the brothers even lane gets a bit not much. Hideki sonoda is moving to fast in the anime
I kinda wish sparking does another tournament.
I wouldn't say they were nerfed, but that the newer characters around them have just gotten better. If someone like Free or Valt nowadays was against the previous non legendary opponents, they'd probably win without much issue. But we're introduced to characters like Lane, who is supposed to be really strong with a never seen before gimmick in a Burst Bey.

Now, I feel like Valt should be earning a bit more wins admittedly, or at least have one time he earned a star be because he lasted the longest, but Free and Hyuga ended up doing so when he paired with them. Still, he's not a pushover or anything, and he is against other strong bladers.

But with all that said, the Legendary Bladers generally balance each other out too, let's not forget they're also responsible for each others losses, not just Lane. They're all strong so no one really feels much higher than the other. If it was just very few legendary bladers amongst a less experienced cast, the Legendary bladers would be considered OP. But because most of the cast are legendary bladers anyway, it makes them more balanced.

And one more thing, people complain about Valt VS Lane calling Lane's win "plot armour", but think about it, Valt was able to beat the technique he's seen in Lane for so long, and only lost because Lane had a completely new strategy thanks to his awakening. No one could've saw that coming, and I'd argue if Valt just beat the awakening in his first go, it would be more plot armour than Lane. And no, being the world champion does not mean he's invincible either. As Hiro from G-Revolution once said... it's just a title.

I'm not saying the anime is perfect, for Sparking's case especially, far from it. But I wouldn't call all of the bladers nerfed, just that their opponents are now no average joes anymore.
I demand full strenght.

Phi would CRUSH Aiga with Aiga's current strength.
(Oct. 28, 2020  7:59 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: I demand full strenght.

Phi would CRUSH Aiga with Aiga's current strength.

You cant magically regain the same strength you had 4 years ago. Strength and skill changes with time. It has gotten better, but you have to realize the new generations quickly overtake the old ones as well. Your "demand" is stupid.
(Oct. 28, 2020  3:17 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: This entire argument has gotten very old and stupid. I honestly agree with the points Zeutron made, the legends can win every now and then but they need to lose at some point (yes!! including Valt!) in order for the story to progress. Tbh Lanes victory over Valt was a satisfying way to end the festival.

Also why can't people just get over the fact Valt lost and accept it and move on? I mean its been nearly a week, and people are STILL complaining?! Hilarious.

I agree with that 99%. While I do think the legends (mainly with Lean, but it's meh) are kinda looking a bit less legendy. Even if, they still are just as powerful as they were before, actually even more powerful. People just define every loss as, 'the legends were nerfed', when in reality every situation doesn't mean they were nerfed. Lean is just mega op strong, and the twins haven't even won that often.

I don't see much reason to complain at this point, I just watch for fun with zero thinking until after the episodes.

Oh yeah and Valt losing? I was a bit mad for about one hour after mainly because I stayed up for that. Then I just accepted it, because it was a nice battle anyway.

The main thing I hate about the plot armor conversation (even though I also get wrapped up in it and I know I'm a hypocrite) is because basically anything is plot armor. People can literally cause almost anything plot armor because of bias. Lean won? Plot armor. Hyuga won? Plot armor. Valt's the strongest? Plot armor. And? Plot armor is how they advance the story, and it's literally meant to protect characters who are meant win and such. Unfortunately, they may not all be toned to our liking, but it is what it is in the show, nothing else to it.
The problem with Lane winning against Aiga and Valt is his ranking really. It’s kind of like if Ash were to beat trainer Leon, it doesn’t make sense due to the massive gap on power. I could also see Lane’s ranking be kind of something like Saitama were he’s actually stronger than everyone, but due to the ranking system or something he got screwed over.
What they basically did was make Lane so monstrously strong that most of the Legends look weak in comparison. Do I think that was a good way to go? No. But it's route they decided to take.
The legends are WEAk comapred to Lane, that is what is bugging me.
It doesnt matter if Shu defeats Lane. The reason why even if he does stop Lane. Lane´s flare is still going to continue