The art of the start: Weak launch!

Strong Launch
Basalt Aquario TH170WD (220 height) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF (worn RF)
Basalt Aquario TH170WD: 6 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF: 14 wins
Basalt Aquario TH170WD win percentage: 30%

Weak Launch
Basalt Aquario TH170WD: 17 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF: 3 wins
Basalt Aquario TH170WD win percentage: 85%

This is amazing. I was able to get away with some ridiculously weak launches, and was still able to pull out the victory. The best (or at least, the most fun to use) Bottom for this technique is probably WD; watching it take hits while precessing almost to the point of scraping, having itself up-righted by the opponent after taking those hits, and then consequently outspinning the opponent is satisfying to witness.
wow,this really works,but usually works with high track beyblades does it
I was wondering if I could request a battle, since there are no results with it yet I'd like to know how MF Libra 230 CS would do with this launch against Lightning L-Drago CH120 RF, the results will most likely be similar to the others, but I was just wondering.
As it's been mentioned this technique sucks against the same spin rotation, so I was wondering would gravity do any good?

Although it's usually carp for defense, but maybe this could help also when paired with BD145 it's normally versatile, so the launch should make it even more versatile, am I right?
I just thought of something, would this technique work vice versa? Though there aren't many Defense/Stamina left spinning beyblade that I can immediately think of, I am simply curious if this could be used the other way around against right spinning attack types.
(Jun. 28, 2011  2:13 AM)Kei Wrote: Strong Launch
Basalt Aquario TH170WD: 6 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF: 14 wins
Basalt Aquario TH170WD win percentage: 30%

Weak Launch
Basalt Aquario TH170WD: 17 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF: 3 wins
Basalt Aquario TH170WD win percentage: 85%

This is amazing. I was able to get away with some ridiculously weak launches, and was still able to pull out the victory. The best (or at least, the most fun to use) Bottom for this technique is probably WD; watching it take hits while precessing almost to the point of scraping, having itself up-righted by the opponent after taking those hits, and then consequently outspinning the opponent is satisfying to witness.

Haha thanks, I'm glad these are reproduced. You can notice the disruption of spin upon collision between the attacker and stamina/defense wheel best with Earth, and you've already found out for yourself about WD being so cool to use. I don't think I can QFT more than right now, these are the exact sentiments I felt.

callum; very good thinking, yes, if you wanted to make BD145CS/MB any more harder to move. Haha.
Higashi; everything can be reciprocated, the best examples we have of this are Earth 100WD vs. MLD 100WD and how Earth is just as capable of spin-equalizing, and the other being left-spin defense beys which can efficiently neutralize most left-spin attackers, as was done earlier on, upon RS' release with more common defense wheels (right spin).
I know this isn't a Top Tier combo or anything but I had it lying around and cbfed making a Combo and I thought it's the Launch being tested not the Bey. Anyway.

100%
Basalt Horogium 145WD v MF Beat Lynx 90R2F
Basalt - 6 Beat - 14
Win Rate: 30%

30%
Basalt Horogium 145WD v MF Beat Lynx 90R2F
Basalt - 14 Beat - 6
Win Rate: 70%

This was truly spectacular to see. It actually OS'd it by 10 seconds or so. This is literally unbelievable. Dan your a Genius.
again, I care not about combinations, but whether weak launching works, which it does. lol.
Even if it was right v right. It still worked.

Yeah that's what I figured Smile
35% Cancer Launch
MF Lightning L-Drago100RF vs Earth Cancer100WD
100% Cancer Launch
Comparative results is the Aim Smile
(Jun. 28, 2011  3:47 AM)Anubis132 Wrote: 60% Cancer Launch
100% Cancer Launch
I don't even..

look at OP.
(Jun. 28, 2011  3:47 AM)Anubis132 Wrote: 35% Cancer Launch
100% Cancer Launch
Their i used 40% launch
lol you think changing the number on paper will mean anything? That is just lying..
well, the fact is that gravity perseus 90 rf used to dominate in italian tourneys before the maximum series
THANKS TO a weak launch to win almost avery rf vs rf match.

obviously, gravity would change to right spin against a sd/d/wd user.

Now we have maximum series, so it's not really the "gravity era" anymore
Thats really cool, and I have noticed this in videos from Italy!
I had forgotten about that, yes. I believe it was something like Gravity vs. Vulcan showing how good Gravity is and the Gravity user shot very softly compared to what I am accustomed to.
I was the gravity player lol! Italian metagame was WAY aggressive and that was my reply to that =)
Also, it worked, cause i won a few tourneys in a row by weak launching gravity90rf

also, note that you thought a completely different and new thing from what i thought:
my goal was to keep an internal pattern and have more grip (low rotations) on the stadium,
which caused other beyblades to get destabilized and self KO, or using that grip to just survive
opponent's slide and win by steal spin.

what YOU thought is weak shooting against opposite spin beyblades, which is a really cool idea, too
here are my tests
weak launch:
earth bull 100FS VS MF gravity perseus (attack ver, counter mode, left spin) 85RF
earth bull: 13 wins (all outspin)
gravity: 7 wins (two KO, five outspin)

normal launch
earth bull 100FS VS MF gravity perseus (attack ver, counter mode, left spin) 85RF
earth: 8 wins (all outspin)
gravity 12 wins (all KO. gravity's results are low because FS seemed to catch the tornado ring, keeping it in the stadium when it was hit)

almost mirror results, i am impressed with the weak launch

edit: this was done in a black attack stadium
Wait, are those in Hasbro stadium(s)?
(Jun. 29, 2011  8:44 PM)Dan Wrote: Wait, are those in Hasbro stadium(s)?

no, i forgot to add that they are in a black takara-tomy attack stadium
No, it shouldn't be, I sold him my extra black attack Stadium at the most recent tournament.

EDIT: Beaten.
Not surprising at all, now the only problem I see is how we properly implement this into our recommendations. I'm not even concerned about discrepancies in results anymore, but how to make it obvious that against attackers you should shot softer than normal. Do you see what I am trying to communicate, committee members? :V
Heh, so this is kind of like a counter to Lightning L Drago BD145LRF.
Sorry for metioning the word "counter" as they were cluttering up the custimication thead place, as Dan mentioned. Wink
(Jun. 30, 2011  9:13 AM)qwertxj3 Wrote: Heh, so this is kind of like a counter to Lightning L Drago BD145LRF.
Sorry for metioning the word "counter" as they were cluttering up the custimication thead place, as Dan mentioned. Wink

No....Just no...I'm going to assume you didn't see the videos and give you the benefit of the doubt.
I'm going to ask this again; since this is undoubtably verified to work, how do we go about introducing it to the populace since most are already induced to launch powerfully? Or is this just one of those things where if you know it, you do it?