The art of the start: Weak launch!

This launching technique/style/execution is to predominantly be done against Left spinning beyblades as is some cases with your low spin-rate and hard knocks, you will have little rotation left meaning sometimes your only option of survival is energy transfer towards the end of the match. Energy transfer is not applicable with Right vs. Right spin matches.

I've been playing around with this for some time, and whenever I launch weakly (30-40%, only 20% when your really in a pickle) with defense/stamina types I get stupendous results against attackers. I get most of the time I get a 2 fold difference in win rates between weak launching and prescribed launching (somewhere around 60-80%, except for RS obviously, which needs 100%)
This isn't tedious to do, no special launches or that carp; you just shoot lightly. I already have a video up about this, and Earth Cancer 100WD takes some serious hits at times, accepts it and stays in the stadium with this low spin rate. The theory behind is should be obvious, ? (collision between two beys of completely different spin levels will ultimately murk up the connection, which is what it does) You can see the awkwardness when Lightning LDrago collides with Earth; it seems unsettled upon impact.
In any case here are some results I've compiled, I would be severely disappointed if no one contributes their own testing, as every blader here can do it:

Earth Cancer AD145SD (weak launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 90RF (left-spin, normal CW)
Earth Cancer AD145SD win rate: 17/20 (16 OS, 1 KO)
MF Gravity Perseus 90RF win rate: 3/20 (2 OS, 1 KO)
Weak launch success rate: 85%

Earth Cancer AD145SD (reg. launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 90RF (left-spin, normal CW)
Earth Cancer AD145SD win rate: 5/20 (5 OS)
MF Gravity Perseus 90RF win rate: 15/20 (15 KO)
regular launch success rate: 25%

Just a show of how ridiculous this is.
(note how much I hate the following, haha)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145CS (weak launch) vs. MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145CS win rate: 12/20 (12 OS)
MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF win rate: 8/20 (8 KO)
weak launch success rate: 60%

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145CS (reg. launch) vs. MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145CS win rate: 1/20 (1 OS)
MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF win rate: 19/20 (19 KO)
regular launch success rate: 5%

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145CS (weak launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus D125RF (Left-spin, normal CW)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145C win rate: 20/20 (20 OS)
MF Gravity Perseus D125RF win rate: 0/20
weak launch success rate: 100%

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145CS (reg. launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus D125RF (Left-spin, Normal CW)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs AD145CS win rate: 15/20 (15 OS)
MF Gravity Perseus D125RF win rate: 5/20 (5 KO)
regular launch success rate: 70%

By now, I hope you guessed that in some cases, the defense type is smashed very hard, but still hangs on -it will require some form of equalization to win if hit hard enough right? so obviously this has a high success rate against left-spinners compared to right, right? :V-

Earth Cancer AD145SD (weak launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 100RF (Right-spin, Normal CW)
MF Gravity Perseus 100RF win rate: 15/20 (10 KO, 5 OS)
weak launch success rate: 25%

Earth Cancer AD145SD (reg. launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 100RF (Right-spin, Normal CW)
Earth Cancer AD145SD win rate: 8/20 (8 OS)
MF Gravity Perseus 100RF win rate: 12/20 (12 KO)
regular launch success rate: 40%

But hell, overall, launching weakly is a much better alternative against attackers than launching so hard that your wrist hurts. It also doesn't back-lash as hard too, obviously.
I really want more testers and requests of battles, as something like this would deserve as much.

Oh before I forget, did anyone see what I did there with the title? And if you got it, admit; it was a pretty boss pun.

Others Results (Click to View)
Aha, i c wut u did thar. Very punny, you are. :B

Anyways, those are amazing results. You'd nomally think that a more powerful launch would do it more good, but you just proved that wrong.
I think your theory might be a little flawed, the because they win against left spins, but not rights, i think this is because, when a defensive right spin thats weak, fights a left spin thats strong, the rights spin just gets an extra spin by the left pushing it, i know because i made the best defensive type i could once, and put it up against a lightning l-drago, and whenever l-drago got low on spin, the faster defensive type kept it going, so yeah, my logic might be flawed and stuff, so yeah, i could easily be wrong, but i think its just because the weaker spin gets boosted by the other bey, and then the one with the best stamina wins. So yeah, thats just what i think, tell me if you think i could be right, or if i'm an idiot.
..lolwat? We're on the same page, your talking about energy transfer..
Hmmm... I'll play around with it later.

This would be quite versatile in tournaments.
I'd expect some results from you then, as most say that but little actually do that.
I'm not attacking you, just saying that I rely on what you say. :V No pressure, I just need others tests.
I meant that if the results from others match with you, sorry.
Well you should probably add that, that it doesn't work against right spins, though it's kinda obvious from the results, just making sure that you weren't thinking weak launches would work against attack right spins too, besides that, i think this is a really good launch type. so yeah, and also, one thing about energy transfer, the only way to beat it is with a bey that doesn't make constant contact. If l-drago is just making constant contact with any defensive type, attack type, stamina type, or defensive, it will most likely win, but if a bey just strikes it and backs off, and then attacks again, l-drago can't maintain it's spin. Thats all, and sorry if i'm just random and off topic.
I would highlight the fact that this only works against the opposite spin rotation, in this sort of topic, just to give everyone the information clearly. So, perhaps bold it, put it at the beginning of the post, etc.
I don't follow where your going with this Iakou, but I did indeed mention that you would require energy transfer from opponent beys to keep yourself alive, again, if your hit severely hard. (with CS not so much, but most definitely if your using something like WD.) I'll bold it. :\ You'd think I wouldn't need to and people would read the whole thing and/or already understand that.
Originally, the only thing Bladers launched weakly was WB-based Defense customs because of the undesirable movement that would occur if it was launched at 100%, but if all of this is true, it would be incredibly useful given how prevalent left-spin Attackers have become since the release of rubber-based Defense Bottoms.

Will definitely test this soon.
I sure hope you can reciprocate these results, it is completely ridiculous. :V
Slower Beyblades are harder to kill. Also, launching weakly helps sometimes with XF.
amazing test results! would you like some tests of MF gravity perseus 85RF vs earth bull AD145/100WD? i have a TT attack stadium now so i can do it as soon as tomorrow.
Awesome. Im gonna test this. One flaw, what if the oppoment uses XF/WF/MF and tornado stalls?
Then don't use this?
lord; do it.
@McFrown; very true.
Wow this looks interesting , i was actually trying this the other day with LDD F: D so it would start on RHF mode , anyway Dan i can help test if needed Grin
Needed.
Guys, you can just post results here, no question.
nice technique and results r good too thanks for sharing it Smile
OK i was going to test anyway Tongue_out

Basalt Cancer TH170D (hard) VS MF-H L Drago Destroy BD145MF
Basalt wins 3
LDD wins 7

Basalt Cancer TH170D (weak) VS MF-H L Drago Destroy BD145MF
Basalt wins 8
LDD wins 2
(Jun. 27, 2011  6:32 AM)RustyXD Wrote: OK i was going to test anyway Tongue_out

Basalt Cancer TH170D (100%) VS MF-H L Drago Destroy BD145MF
Basalt wins 3
LDD wins 7

Basalt Cancer TH170D (20%) VS MF-H L Drago Destroy BD145MF
Basalt wins 8
LDD wins 2

Nice results. The difference in both tests proves the effectiveness of launching with low power against attackers spining at opposite direction. I have a question, even though the answer may be preety obvious. The bottom is also a big factor to take in consideration, and this technique obviously may work better using bottoms that have more contact with the stadium floor. One reason is to avoid being knocked around as much and another is to have better balance at low spin rates. I don't have an attack stadium at the moment but if you guys are doing tests I would suggest to try out bottoms that have decent contact with the stadium floor. We've seen tests with CS already, maybe using bottoms like WB or RF?

PD.- Sorry if I missed up something or that I sound newbie at this. I'm trying to help using the information seen.
the results is just freaking..
just wondered if this work if right spin(defensive bey) versus right spin(offensive bey) only or right spin(defensive bey) versus left spin(offensive bey)?
Benjohadi, it only works when right spin is the defensive bey and left spin is the offensive bey. If its right spin vs right spin, then this happens:
(Jun. 27, 2011  1:48 AM)Dan Wrote: Earth Cancer AD145SD (weak launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 100RF (Right-spin, Normal CW)
MF Gravity Perseus 100RF win rate: 15/20 (10 KO, 5 OS)
weak launch success rate: 25%

Earth Cancer AD145SD (reg. launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 100RF (Right-spin, Normal CW)
Earth Cancer AD145SD win rate: 8/20 (8 OS)
MF Gravity Perseus 100RF win rate: 12/20 (12 KO)
regular launch success rate: 40%
thanks for the info..the results is just nice..might test on it too later..
Oh god, how I want to remove your posts.. OP. Read it.
Flosal; the video has WD, tests show SD, using this will improve results across the board. WB - Trash, but whatever. RF - Okay, that is basically going back to 'RF for defense' topics.