The Struggles of being a Teenager

Well, I haven't posted something in a while, haha, so I decided to get back on with the community and connect with them again. 
Let me give you guys an Introduction. I'm JesseObre, and I'm a blader in Toronto, Ontario, and yes I am a teenager (17 Years Old)

So I realized that most of the people on the site are adults, teens, and children who are close to their adolescent years. I always was curious to see how peoples lives were in high school compared to mine (Beyblade related too). I know for a fact that Beyblade has caused many issues in high school for me, and is an annoyance at times, but for the love of the game I shrug it off. 

For example, since I am known on our Beyblade Channel, and Zankye's channel (which i'm fine with, no issues) they find my cringey past videos of me, or how am I around other people. It's annoying when 50% of the time you hear "Let it Rip!" or see teens mimicking them launching a beyblade whenever they see you. Plus 99.9% of people outside of beyblade say there is no skill towards it. It's so insulting to us bladers, like if they played this game, it's harder than it looks. 

Well for being a teenager and playing beyblade, it's a tassle. Plus being in sports teams, it's funny but annoying dealing with that name of me on my back. 

So, how's teenagehood like for you? Or how was it when you were a teen? Please share your experiences as we are all one community! It can be life related, beyblade related, anything you want! 

Thanks for your time guys!
I started playing back when I was 10, I was pretty active when I was around 11, 12 or so, participating in tournaments were some of my fond memories and I really had a blast, I had no idea about competitive combos or whatsoever and went with whatever I thought was good.

I'm currently 16, I just participated in my first burst tournament last saturday, and I'm really starting to question if I'm too old for this, most of the participants are kids that are half my age or around that, sure there were a few that were my peers but they weren't as seriously invested into beyblade as I am, also the look you get on parents' eyes when you beat their kids isn't very convincing for me to continue.

Honestly, I love beyblade, it brings back childhood memories, I feel happy when I'm playing it, it really reminds me of a better time, where I was happy and not stressed out about my grades and work. I'll still pursue my hobby regardless of what other people think of me.

Other than Beyblade, I also play basketball & I'm on a swim team, it isn't too big of an annoyance for me, but some of my friends think I'm a little childish, but it doesn't bother me that much.
Hey, I'm not a teen yet. I feel like I don't have much time to beyblade, with many afterschool activities and my parents pushing me to work hard. I hope I don't get abused/bullied/teased by other people for beyblading when I am a teen. I'm twelve, so I'll be a teen next year. I just wanted to say- Thanks for warning me (though I doubt it will change me even a little bit, as in beyblading).

I swim, do Tae Kwon Do, play piano and oboe, go to an afterschool language arts class (where I have to learn SAT already), play basketball, go to art class, and do math and home.
I am a smart kid (hey my friends said it, not me) and I am always very stressed out about my grades. If I get a 99 for a subject, then I'm disappointed in myself. If I get anything less than an A+ on a quiz or test, then I get frustrated. My parents push me a lot, and I feel like life is boring. The SAT practice and piano, math, art, and writing competitions are not helping. The only thing helping me from this is beyblading and reading, (and from time to time, video/board games).
I just wanted to say what my life is like.

Sorry, I meant at home (not and home)
I'm not a teenager anymore haha I'm 27 now but back when I was 12-to14 we had our own beyblade community (which is the best way to describe it ) at high school  of about 40 or 50 so bladers. It was amazing we'd blade using the bottom of metal bins the had good slopes and curvature for battle and had ridges so the beys wouldn't fall out onto the concrete, it was nice while it lasted for about 2-3 years
@[JesseObre] I still can't believe you are two years younger than me it's crazy! Teenage life is and has been pretty chilled for me, I've always been into anime and manga since I was a kid and aside from sports I've had pretty nerdy hobbies. Whilst there will always be people who ridicule you for what you like and say it's childish in my experience it made it a lot easier to surround myself with people who shared the same interests as me or were at least accepting of my hobbies and were interested in what I liked doing. Since I met those friends and grew up around them we all kinda just ignored what anyone else had to say and were proud of our hobbies. When I started playing beyblade again last year my friends were cool and all wanted to play with me even if they weren't interested to the same degree that I was.
Im currently 14 and just got really into beyblade again last year (5th and 6th grade i wasn't into it that much). Im graduating 8th grade today (YAY) and moving onto high school next year (maybe i'll come back to this thread and comment about high school experiences later). anyway, people make little comments to me sometimes and last year it bothered me but now im used to it and just go along with the joke. it doesn't bother me much. there is one kid in my grade that brings up beyblade every time i make a joke that is barely even offensive (and sometimes it's just to annoy me bc he thinks it's funny) but it's fine. He also would bring up the fact that i hang out with kids a grade below me and call them my "7th Grade Girlfriends" (funny thing is one of them is my girlfriend now and she's great LOL). I mean the 7th graders are better friends to me than some people in my own grade. anyway back to beyblade. one of my friends actually messed up one time and said "1..2..3.. let it rip) instead of 3 2 1 so now she says that all the time (but i think it's funny). Plus i would always get on the WBO in the middle of class and get called out occasionally (once by my teacher LOL) All in all, last year and early this year they sometimes bothered me but its good now. i guess we'll have to see what happens in high school.

I also play baseball (which i dont think im gonna play anymore) basketball and golf. in my free time when im not blading im playing xbox (mostly guitar hero live [what im doing currently]) or hanging out with my friends. struggles aren't big yet but i guess i'll see what high school has to offer
Hoo boy, where should I start.

I'm a rising junior at the hardest high school in Florida, and I am 17. My friends do not make fun of me, but I do not have many, and most fade away after we lose physical contact. My autism makes holding on to attention spans really hard, and helps keep me into beyblade. My parents are the people in my life most against it, as my parents call it childish and brother openly mocks me for it. Honestly, I am very socially awkward and wish I had a girlfriend like some of you.

I am also in a Robotics Club, an Anime Club, and a Writing Club.
At both of my high schools (went to one just for the last two years for A Levels) there didn't seem to be anyone at all of who had nerdy interests. The only thing anyone seemed interested in was sports which i'm horrible at. I was bullied enough without revealing my nerdy hobby so I didn't tell anyone. So yeah I sympathise when I see people on here saying they are having such hard time. I wouldn't go back to high school for all the money in world.
Well I'm now in college and have since given up beyblade as a hobby, but not due to anything other than the fact that it didn't interest me anymore. I had a bad social experience in my first year of high school, so I didn't mention beyblade because I figured it would make things worse. I transferred high schools and had a much better time, but I never mentioned beyblade so I never had to deal with any bullying because of it. Maybe I wouldn't have, I don't know.

High school is the period where it's no longer "cool" to like things deemed "childish." It's pretty stupid and one of the reasons I didn't enjoy high school much. Once you get to college, people stop worrying about their images so much.

My point is, once you get past high school, it gets easier. That's my experience anyway.
first of all, thanks @[JesseObre] for this thread, I wanted to talk on this for a while but never found place to post. Even I get to hear from people about beyblade being non-sence and why to play such a skill-less, child's game. esspecially from relatives. Though these days I reply them with Beyblade is my hobby, and I play because I enjoy it, it gives happiness on my face and if you see, even other games like criket (which is EXTREMELY BEYPopular in India btw), Tennis and all are hitting a ball with a bat (wooden stick lol) or a racket (net on a wooden stick LOL) and unless you dig deep into it and experince it, how exactly you need to use skill for it at all. There are many other hobby were people spends 1000$ of doller to collect things which are actually no 'less' toys then Beyblade (aka RC Models) and if you see, many games became sport, because of there popularity and they being there for long time vs Beyblade for only 20 years and not has much support for adult blader by socaity.

BTW, I'm 16 year old (17 by Oct) and fortunately, time when I was in high school, I was on hittus on Beyblade and when I joinned back (when I was in 8th), I actually had quite a bit of retired bladers in my class so it hasn't been as big issue to me. Due to having similer issue to Suzaku-X, I don't really have many friends (BEFORE JOINNING WBO Smile) so most who are my friends (even if by only 1 side lol) they were once blader and understand why I like it.
It's interesting hearing all your stories! I really appreciate your sharing us your life! Everybody seems like we have different situations. chips556 dont worry about parents as long as you have fun and respect each blader. I know it sucks beating kids but its a lesson for them and they are trying to get better too! Many of the parents in Toronto are fine with them beating them as they enjoy seeing their kid have a great experience
Um, I just explain how some of them are rare/expensive and make up a story of how I once sold one on eBay for 100$. It always works, trust me.

But with all due seriousness, people just do that to nag you. True friends are always supportive, so um, just do what you like. If you really love it, then you've got no reason to quit. Stay true to yourself.
Man it's really not nice hearing about all these stories, people in my area of the UK croydon all loved beyblade in my ends there were about 15-20 bladers up to 16 and down who all loved, man I even played in university and people were amazed and nostalgic and didn't bear anything bad apart from one idiot in my animation class but she was kind of seriously disturbed to be honest.even to the point I could still get girls hahaha, and even my friends freinds at a uni house share would hear me blading and come and join me
I was known as the kid who just didn't care around my school, so no matter what anyone said about me I just wouldn't give a reaction which wouldn't feed the "bullies" and honestly I really didn't care, I was and still am such an introvert (less now) that everything that happens in school socially I just forget about literally the hour I get home lol. I never really considered myself getting bullied though, I just took it as satire. The most teasing happened in grade 9 for me since everyone was so immature. I honestly hated high school because of how immature literally 99% of the school population was. I had like a lot of fake friends and only like 5 real friends throughout high school. Anyway my point is that no one really teased me about Beyblade especially after they found out I have a somewhat "popular" YouTube channel lol even if it was based off cringy toy reviews. But yeah I just want to end off that if it wasn't for WBO I probably wouldn't have any real friends which is also the reason why I'm never quitting beyblade in my life, because of the amazing social experience I got that high school never really offered; you could say that beyblade literally changed my life.