The State of the WBO.

Well i have been thinking quite a while about making this thread but have always refrained from doing so until today when I saw literal character fan clubs. 

To cut to the chase, I personally am quite disappointed with the state of the WBO currently. This site now feels like a chatroom rather than a forum; with redundant threads being made left right and centre. The quality of posts have also dropped quite suddenly over the last few months with a lot of unnecessary spam posts. ( please use the star option instead if saying yes or I agree only). 

I know this sounds like I'm the only one pissed at these developments, but I tried having patience and waited for a long time until today when I saw Fan clubs of Ranzo and Valt. 

So what is the solution? I think having a clear message in each thread about the basic rules of the Wbo may help. Also I think making a separate and Visible tab of rules of the site can help. 

Other suggestions can include a minimum word limit or along similar lines. 
Also promoting the WBO discord on the homepage vividly can also help people who only want to use the site as a chat room. 

I hope this is taken as some much needed criticism of the site and not in completely negative manner. 

At the end of the day this is my opinion and feel free to disagree with me.

If anyone wants to share their opinions feel free to do.
(May. 10, 2021  2:46 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well i have been thinking quite a while about making this thread but have always refrained from doing so until today when I saw literal character fan clubs. 

To cut to the chase, I personally am quite disappointed with the state of the WBO currently. This site now feels like a chatroom rather than a forum with redundant threads being made left right and centre. The quality of posts have also dropped quite suddenly over the last few months with a lot of unnecessary spam posts. ( please use the star option instead if saying yes or I agree only). 

I know this sounds like I'm the only one pissed at these developments, but I tried having patience and waited for a long time until today when I saw Fan clubs of Ranzo and Valt. 

So what is the solution? I think having a clear message in each thread about the basic rules of the Wbo may help. Also I think making a separate and Visible tab of rules of the site can help. 

Also promoting the WBO discord on the homepage vividly can also help people who only want to use the site as a chat room. 

I hope this is taken as some much needed criticism of the site and not in completely negative manner. 

There's also the fact that major problems are being overlooked when reported i.e the problem with Kai edits, multiple people have been annoyed by them repeatedly telling the WBO their problems then saying that they're leaving and come back the next day, some people suggested that a temp ban is required since this has been going on too long but they won't do so.
(May. 10, 2021  3:33 PM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(May. 10, 2021  2:46 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well i have been thinking quite a while about making this thread but have always refrained from doing so until today when I saw literal character fan clubs. 

To cut to the chase, I personally am quite disappointed with the state of the WBO currently. This site now feels like a chatroom rather than a forum with redundant threads being made left right and centre. The quality of posts have also dropped quite suddenly over the last few months with a lot of unnecessary spam posts. ( please use the star option instead if saying yes or I agree only). 

There's also the fact that major problems are being overlooked when reported i.e the problem with Kai edits, multiple people have been annoyed by them repeatedly telling the WBO their problems then saying that they're leaving and come back the next day, some people suggested that a temp ban is required since this has been going on too long but they won't do so.

That is an interesting case, it's a very delicate situation as if they actually suffering from depression temp banning could have negative effects which can ultimately affect the site itself. 

This is a tough situation for the staff to be in and I don't see a clear way out. However I get the sentiment.
(May. 10, 2021  3:48 PM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(May. 10, 2021  3:33 PM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: There's also the fact that major problems are being overlooked when reported i.e the problem with Kai edits, multiple people have been annoyed by them repeatedly telling the WBO their problems then saying that they're leaving and come back the next day, some people suggested that a temp ban is required since this has been going on too long but they won't do so.

That is an interesting case, it's a very delicate situation as if they actually suffering from depression temp banning could have negative effects which can ultimately affect the site itself. 

This is a tough situation for the staff to be in and I don't see a clear way out. However I get the sentiment.

Another thing I've noticed, it being the reason I'm not regularly on, is that the more "technical" threads aren't as common.
I don't think there are any real problems with WBO other than the problem HakaishinLDrago brought up maybe it is because more people are joining and it is becoming different but we can work with what we have also there is no problem with having fan clubs on WBO that is kinda what WBO is about
(May. 10, 2021  4:51 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: I don't think there are any real problems with WBO other than the problem HakaishinLDrago brought up maybe it is because more people are joining and it is becoming different but we can work with what we have also there is no problem with having fan clubs on WBO that is kinda what WBO is about

The WBO is about having a solid forum for toys, not a chat room to make spammy posts about out of context photos from the anime.
(May. 10, 2021  4:51 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: I don't think there are any real problems with WBO other than the problem HakaishinLDrago brought up maybe it is because more people are joining and it is becoming different but we can work with what we have also there is no problem with having fan clubs on WBO that is kinda what WBO is about

The WBO is NOT about having Fan Clubs. it's about discussing Beyblade in a posting way, not a chatroom. Spams, useless baised posts without reasoning or evidence are stupid.
Ill be completely honest, I do not know too much of how the WBO is since I just came back. Despite that, I did feel that something seemed different about it. That it seemed not quite the same. I wasnt quite able to put a finger on it until you pointed this out

Personally, I do not have much of a problem with the fan club threads. Maybe Im quite humble, since if it doesnt hurt me then Im totally chill with it. But yeah, I can see that youre right. We have the WBO Discord as a chatroom for fast-paced conversations and shenanigans (instead of spamming the forums). Though, it can be slow at times but I overall dont mind it
i agree while many thing have happened in my time here i'd have to say i dislike the state of our comunity right now
(May. 10, 2021  5:07 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote:

The WBO is NOT about having Fan Clubs. it's about discussing Beyblade in a posting way, not a chatroom. Spams, useless baised posts without reasoning or evidence are stupid.

Well they are technically discussing Beyblade while having a fan club
(May. 10, 2021  6:27 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(May. 10, 2021  5:07 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: The WBO is NOT about having Fan Clubs. it's about discussing Beyblade in a posting way, not a chatroom. Spams, useless baised posts without reasoning or evidence are stupid.

Well they are technically discussing Beyblade while having a fan club

Sure, it’s arguable that the WBO is one big fan club, but the point still stands.

Also I find it slightly funny how a few people who make the site like this are liking posts here and agreeing. Something kinda funny/ironic
Honestly, I think everyone is taking this a bit too seriously WBO is about making friends and discussing Beyblade together it doesn't matter how you discuss Beyblade
(May. 10, 2021  6:30 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Honestly, I think everyone is taking this a bit too seriously WBO is about making friends and discussing Beyblade together it doesn't matter how you discuss Beyblade

No no, it does. The WBO site is a forum made for civilized discussion, not for chat rooms and random chaos. The WBO Discord is a chat room and is better suited for random chaos.

Also don’t bother using being under 13 as an excuse for not using Discord. As long as your parent/guardian gives permission for you to be on Discord and has full control over your account, you’re good.
(May. 10, 2021  6:34 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 10, 2021  6:30 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Honestly, I think everyone is taking this a bit too seriously WBO is about making friends and discussing Beyblade together it doesn't matter how you discuss Beyblade

No no, it does. The WBO site is a forum made for civilized discussion, not for chat rooms and random chaos. The WBO Discord is a chat room and is better suited for random chaos.

Also don’t bother using being under 13 as an excuse for not using Discord. As long as your parent/guardian gives permission for you to be on Discord and has full control over your account, you’re good.

But it is made to talk about Beyblade. Beyblade is fun so it does not have to be anything serious really
(May. 10, 2021  6:36 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(May. 10, 2021  6:34 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: No no, it does. The WBO site is a forum made for civilized discussion, not for chat rooms and random chaos. The WBO Discord is a chat room and is better suited for random chaos.

But it is made to talk about Beyblade. Beyblade is fun so it does not have to be anything serious really

Made to talk about Beyblade in a civilized way, not spamming and creating chaos. Please stop using “Bleybley is fun so no more serious at all” as a point, it’s not getting you anywhere good and you’re just repeating yourself, ignoring what I’m saying, and not even elaborating on your point

...Not quite, no. I'll admit I myself played a part in the whole fanclub fiasco, but looking back on it, the whole thing was rather...unnecessary. Sure, it was kinda fun, but it didn't add anything of value or discuss anything really meaningful. It could've ultimately gone to the Random Thoughts or even the Memes thread.
This site is supposed to be a place for civilized discussion, spam and meaningless posts are against its purpose.
Honestly I'm starting to only use the WBO for tournaments and info because of what it's starting to become due to people like this
(May. 10, 2021  6:39 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 10, 2021  6:36 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: But it is made to talk about Beyblade. Beyblade is fun so it does not have to be anything serious really

Made to talk about Beyblade in a civilized way, not spamming and creating chaos. Please stop using “Bleybley is fun so no more serious at all” as a point, it’s not getting you anywhere good and you’re just repeating yourself, ignoring what I’m saying, and not even elaborating on your point

Ok this is the point I am trying to make: WBO is a fun place to talk about Beyblade if you wanna be serious go for it but do not post meaningless stuff that doesn't relate to anything it is good to be Serious but make sure your enjoying yourself while you talk about beyblade
(May. 10, 2021  6:49 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(May. 10, 2021  6:39 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Made to talk about Beyblade in a civilized way, not spamming and creating chaos. Please stop using “Bleybley is fun so no more serious at all” as a point, it’s not getting you anywhere good and you’re just repeating yourself, ignoring what I’m saying, and not even elaborating on your point

Ok this is the point I am trying to make: WBO is a fun place to talk about Beyblade if you wanna be serious go for it but do not post meaningless stuff that doesn't relate to anything it is good to be Serious but make sure your enjoying yourself while you talk about beyblade

Yes. As long as you enjoy it in the proper place, whether it be in PMs for private discussions, the forum for actual discussions, or the Discord for chaotic discussions
Again, I dont really kind what happens here, to be honest. One thing I like about the WBO is the unity of different types of Beyblade fans. We have the Bladers who attend tournaments, the talented artists and writers, the people who just watch the anime and want to discuss it, etc. Ive met communities that gatekeep interests so hard. While some topics are indeed spammy, if its something people want to talk about, then Im not the one to dismantle it

The only part I disagree here is the word requirement suggestion. Being a former mod on another site, Ive seen this situation as well. Someone also wanted a word count requirement as to prevent “low effort” and spammy posts. But in my opinion, I personally feel like that restricts what people would be able to say and sets a negative bar for communication. While I may be in English Honors classes and soon moving up to AP English ones, not a lot of people are really good with English. We have people from all around the word — who will be the one to check English-written posts for the word count? Check non-English posts for their word count? Etc. Just a harmless, thoughtful question. I dont want to deter people from the fact that they might be average at spelling and communication
(May. 10, 2021  6:54 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 10, 2021  6:49 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Ok this is the point I am trying to make: WBO is a fun place to talk about Beyblade if you wanna be serious go for it but do not post meaningless stuff that doesn't relate to anything it is good to be Serious but make sure your enjoying yourself while you talk about beyblade

Yes. As long as you enjoy it in the proper place, whether it be in PMs for private discussions, the forum for actual discussions, or the Discord for chaotic discussions

Ok thank you, Cheeto That was the point I was trying to make Smile Good talking with you Smile
From the perspective of a parent who is relatively new to Beyblade and this forum. I found this site while looking for more information about the toys/hobby. The "technical" threads were very helpful. I really appreciated all the part testing threads and reviews of beys. I'm logging on less and less due to all the clutter. I don't enjoy having to go through 4 pages of fluff topics to find 1 or 2 threads that have useful information about existing or soon to be released products.

I think the WBO is a wonderful place and still love using it, but even I've been vocal over the years on this that it was slowly changing to something I don't really agree with. 

For example product threads to discuss new releases or information before it was simply used for just that but then after those threads became cluttered with too much speculation and talks with zero new information. So then the mods manage to mitigate the issue with making a dedicated speculation thread, though we still get too often the same issue and those threads just get locked. 

Or an example I can think of on the Hasbro threads is getting the same question asked 50 times like "where is Storm Pegasis" or "where are pics for" when the obvious answer is just waiting for info to release it doesn't magically appear.

Another thing I've noticed is the number of times someone will get dog piled, meaning regardless of right or wrong people just go on the aggressive to each other like me reading the 50th thread on why someone thinks Aiga is stronger than Valt and just people attaching each other. 

What I do think is regardless it will take time for the staff and mods to look at this, something like this can't be resolved as simple as them snapping their fingers.
This thread is great. I agree with every word.
So basically, the WBO is a place to talk about all things beyblade. However, that is NOT the problem. El problemo es THE SPAMMERS. As Zankye stated, people get dog piled about oh so and so is more powerful than so and so. Arguing is fine, just DO NOT SPAM. DO NOT ASK THE SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER. We don’t want this to be a place of chaos, after all we should be civilized should we not?