The State of the Customisation Forum

(May. 29, 2011  4:39 PM)BurnWolf4010 Wrote: EVERY ONE LISTEN! Here is one of my best combo's!
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Tip:Jog Ball
Spin Track:Tornado 2125
Fusion Wheel:Rock
Energy Ring:Aquario Green
Face Bolt:Green Aquario

*Facepalm*

But i agree (single thread for counters to a specific beyblade). Almost all of the customizations i see now are counters.
Given the fact a lot of people approach MF MLD CH120XF and MF LLD BD145LRF as a single target to be countered, it's probably best to combine their threads, at least. I figure a single thread for beys that are meant to counter any specific bey and fail against every thing else, I could categorise them within the OP by what they aim to counter.
(May. 29, 2011  5:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: Given the fact a lot of people approach MF MLD CH120XF and MF LLD BD145LRF as a single target to be countered, it's probably best to combine their threads, at least. I figure a single thread for beys that are meant to counter any specific bey and fail against every thing else, I could categorise them within the OP by what they aim to counter.

Exactly what i was thinking.
I feel like any kind of low Lightning based combo with XF should beat those.
Or like MF Gravity 90CS
Or like MF-H Oddwheel 230CS
/theory craft
No, they don't. (Lightning LDrago 85/90/100XF or Gravity 90CS) 85WF combinations seem to shatter MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF, though. (WF takes hits better than XF.)
As for MF-H -somenextwheel- 230CS, Bluezee and I made MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF specifically for that type of combination so there is no way in hell LT will get killed by 230CS..
well its not like BD145 can KO and LRF has no Stamina so how come something low doesn't beat it? Makes no sense tbh.
BD145 moves things along with it, and basically anything with an ounce of recoil will be repelled. This thing is awesome. Once you try it, you'll really get what I mean. BTW BD145 has little notches, and you could supposedly get some KO power from it. Minimal as it is. Trust me, the only thing that can do decently well is what I've already posted, MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230WF and MF-H Rock Kerbecs 85/90WF.
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I think that people need to also give more details on how their combo is winning. Like, does it barely nudge the Defense combo out or does it smash it out upon impact? Does it out-spin by a few rotations or does it fall down a minute after the opponent falls?

Like I said, sorry if this really obvious and I'm really slow, or it has been posted before. Just a thought.

Dan MF-H L-Drago Destroy 230CS works well, too.
@Mr. N: YESSSSSSS! I agree with all my BEY-SPIRIT! I always try to do this. People need to include all the info now. One thread, I had to pretty much tell the person how to write the dang thing, there was 0 detail, and I haven't checked to see if it's fixed yet but yeah Uncertain
lol yeah well said, I usually put gory detail into things I find most people will have trouble reciprocating themselves. I didn't think of it, but yeah you can't leave us hanging with results and not explain what is happening.
I don't understand the "competetive metal fight beyblade combos" thread. Is it theoretical or practical? I'm really confused. It might just be me but around 75% of those combos aren't viable for my metagame. The title sounds misleading to me; if I were new player picking combos from the list: I'd be really disappointed in the outcome.
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:47 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: I don't understand the "competetive metal fight beyblade combos" thread. Is it theoretical or practical? I'm really confused. It might just be me but around 75% of those combos aren't viable for my metagame. The title sounds misleading to me; if I were new player picking combos from the list: I'd be really disappointed in the outcome.

its because it needs to be updated, hopefully soon it will be done...

but i do agree with you
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:47 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: I don't understand the "competetive metal fight beyblade combos" thread. Is it theoretical or practical? I'm really confused. It might just be me but around 75% of those combos aren't viable for my metagame. The title sounds misleading to me; if I were new player picking combos from the list: I'd be really disappointed in the outcome.

I don't necessarily agree with you here; there are a lot of customisations you can pick up on that thread which will give you a good chance of winning against most other things. Granted, there are a number of counters to many of those customisations, but that doesn't mean that they aren't on the whole, successful.
Maybe "Competitive" ought to be defined or made clearer.
(Jun. 04, 2011  8:40 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Maybe "Competetive" ought to be defined or made clearer.

Or be spelled correctly, for that matter. But I agree with this. Plus, in multiple tournaments, the kind of stadium (Super Attack is apparently allowed, so my point exactly) ups and lowers the usage of certain combos. This makes 'competitive' a bit less clear.
(Jun. 04, 2011  8:49 PM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  8:40 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Maybe "Competetive" ought to be defined or made clearer.

Or be spelled correctly, for that matter. But I agree with this. Plus, in multiple tournaments, the kind of stadium (Super Attack is apparently allowed, so my point exactly) ups and lowers the usage of certain combos. This makes 'competitive' a bit less clear.

Dunno why there has to be much disdain over spelling mistakes.
I find that a lot of people don't read the OP properly and ask questions that have already been answered, how can we fix that? I know I've done that once or twice, -shame-.
We can't, people are retarded. I'm a psychology student, so I can say that Uncertain

But seriously, I don't think there's more we can do, without some complicated filter thing to prevent pre-answered questions being re-asked. Uncertain
I guess a banner above the post box asking people to search/read might help, with a warning that they'll be warned, but yeah.

Also: I swear, next "GB145WD is GRAET" post I see, I'm going to find a way to punch someone through the internet.
(Jun. 16, 2011  8:48 AM)th!nk Wrote: Also: I swear, next "GB145WD is GRAET" post I see, I'm going to find a way to punch someone through the internet.
I second that Wink I would also like people to mention if they have a certain variation of a part
eg agressive CS , RBV7 RSF ect.
Also people haven't been mentioning how worn a part is i think it should be mentioned because if your using a prime R2F you get better results then a mint one .
(Jun. 16, 2011  8:48 AM)th!nk Wrote: We can't, people are retarded. I'm a psychology student, so I can say that Uncertain

But seriously, I don't think there's more we can do, without some complicated filter thing to prevent pre-answered questions being re-asked. Uncertain
I guess a banner above the post box asking people to search/read might help, with a warning that they'll be warned, but yeah.

Also: I swear, next "GB145WD is GRAET" post I see, I'm going to find a way to punch someone through the internet.

Most people use the quick reply box as far as I can tell.

Aside from being stricter, there isn't anything else that can be done.

You have to keep in mind that while being strict, we have to be welcoming of new members and try not to discourage people from joining.
Stick it above the quick reply box, I guess. Or even disable quick reply on certain threads, as much of a pain as it is to those who do things right.
But yeah, I do lose sight sometimes of the fact people do develop. Blargh.

Just posted an idea over on the "if you could change or add one thing to the WBO" thread, that could help somewhat. Meh.
If it would help eliminate noobish posts even in the slightest, then I am all for removing the quick reply function. From what I have seen, many forums dont use them anyway.
It would do very little, and it'd really, really annoy me.
As I said, many forums dont have a quick reply function anyway but you are probobly right.

What we need is an effective way to make people read the OP's of threads before we post. Perhaps moderators could raise the warning levels of releated offenders; those who obviously never read an OP before posting themselves. As cruel as this may sound, when people have the fear or knowlage that they have something to lose, then they will do what they can to prevent that loss, weather they go along woth it or fight it. Since the WBO isnt a form of goverment, chances of rebellion are not likely. If people were aware that they could be temporarily banned for repeatadly posting without reading the OP then people would read it more. For those that continued, they would sufder the punishment, and then learn from thier past mistakes. After that, those that continue to break the rule even after the warning are weaded out by the moderators. This would only help alittle, and this would only apply to repeated offenders but atleast its something.
It's very hard to do. The laziness of some people is ridiculous, you'd swear they actually put effort into it.

:\

We already warn people for obviously not reading the OP anyway, they do not learn.