The State of the Customisation Forum

(Mar. 12, 2011  6:25 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: But what different would you guys do in a "Hasbro" forum?
I don't see what things you would do that would be any different from what you have now.

You can't just say please, you have to have a set idea, it has to be reasonable, effective, and so on.

really i was just defending hasbro stadiums, though a hasbro sub forum would be cool i am not saying we should have one... yet

here is one reason why LeonTempestXIII thinks one would be good (and i think it is a good reason myself)
Quote:The creation of a sub forum not only benifits the hasbro metagame, but the TT one as well. That way, there is no clutter and real Attack Stadium tests are not muxed up with noobish PTW tests (we did decide to ban PTW anyway though from our own metagame)

edit: beaten, but Ga'Hooleone is right, all our reasons are on the previous page
I do not know if you realise that you would have to cut all the possibilities down to only one BeyStadium anyway. You cannot have one person using the Mobile stadium, another the Super Vortex stadium, someone else the Maximum Stampede BeyStadium, etc. There are so many variables that test results are just not the same between any of those stadiums, unless you can provide a huge amount of solid proof that could show the contrary. And in that case, people would still complain that that "better" stadium is not in their local stores, or that they do not find it worth it to get another BeyStadium, because they already have one and their parents think that it is enough ...
well then since the mobile, SVS, and PTW only let stamina win then use/test only stamina in them, and those with LF and MXS will test attack

but yeah, i see your point. again i think a hasbro sub-forum would be cool, but we are not in the right stage yet
Well we have already eliminated all stadiums except Lightning Force and MaxStamede. We have ready considered all other stadiums invalid.

As for the situation if people not being allowed to own more than 1 stadium...its a tricky one. I am sure Japan has that issue with its multiple stadiums. But the WBBA makes it a ppint to reccomend only the best stadiums. If you go out and buy a PTW...then we cannot help you. Just get rid of it or something. All we are doing is taking a small portion of the TT rules, mirroring them, and then remodifying them to fit Hasbro.

now, hypotheticly, Kai-V, if we did all you asked, and made concrete rules, etc etc, what would your answer be, regarding the creation of a sub forum? Would you at the least, give it thought? It's better to know now, rather than waste my own time and evryone elses, working towards an idea that will never see the light of day. Wouldn't you agree? I would much rather, personally, know now, agian, hypotheticly of course.
edit: i do agree with Lord Wolfblade though. This sub forum could not be created right away. Much more work needs to be done involving it.
I think about everything. However, at the same time, do not put way too much effort into it now anyway. Even with your "hypothetically", you want to work hard, and then I give it a thought, but there is still a possibility that the Committee would decline anyway, so whether I tell you that I will think about it or not, you could still have worked on all of this for nothing. Hopefully you understand the situations I am describing.

By the way, concerning the fact that some kids could be unable to get more BeyStadiums because of their parents, Hasbro set a trap as well by making the stadiums so similar, parents would really just see that it is the same thing but painted another colour. At least in Japan, the shapes are obviously different.
well the only way we could ever work on this for nothing is if hasbro makes a TT attack like stadium, or TT comes here, most likely that wont happen though <- i think this is getting offtopic
Ok kai v you have a point in that last part there

Also Kai-V I completely understand where you are coming from. For now, the single thread is enough and for the reasons you stated, we wont put to much work into it for the momment. Lord Wolfblade, Ga'Hooleone, if you would like, we can, slowly but surley, start establishing rules and regulations via PM until one day, we are 100% sure that what we have made is fair, resonable, and reliable. Then and only then will we show it to Kai V, and then hopefuly the commitee. What do you say?
Honestly, I find with most competitive hobbies, it's expensive.

To do well, you have to spend money.

If someone cannot have access to the best, it simply means that they can't perform as well as their equal, who does.

To ask for the current hasbro stadiums to be legal is not to ask for a widening of the circle of beyblade, it's asking for a lowered standard.

If people with Hasbro stadiums wish to contribute, simply find combos that do well in one of your most balanced stadiums, and post it in the request thread.

A sub-forum is largely unneeded, as there are almost no new releases, no set release dates, and apart from a few parts, the difference between the brands is minimal, other than Hasbro beyblade's weight.

Honestly, if you argue the durability factor, if you abuse your TT or SonoKong beys enough to break them, chances are you'll break your Hasbro ones too.

The Hasbro stadium testing, "Top Tier Hasbro BMF Combos", Hasbro testing thread and the Metal Fusion/Metal Masters topic is enough IMO.

The Hasbro stadium testing thread can house all the testing for which stadium is most balanced, the Top Tier Hasbro BMF Combos thread can house the combos which perform best in Hasbro stadiums, and the Hasbro testing thread contains all the testing necessary to find out what's the best combos to use in Hasbro stadiums.

Meanwhile the Metal Fusion/Metal Masters thread is where all Hasbro release announcements go anyway.

What other gain could come from a Hasbro sub-forum?

EDIT: @LeoneTempest: I believe it has already been established a long time ago in one of your threads that the Lightning Force stadium is definitely not up to standard. I distinctly remember you acknowledging this after I had provided results.

Wouldn't that mean currently Hasbro's only viable stadium would be the MXS, which is still not as good as the attack stadium?

I do however believe that there should be some passing remark about certain parts with large weight differences, which would increase defence and/or lessen recoil.

Coupled with the fact that Kai-V brought up about the similarities in appearance of the Hasbro stadiums, it would mean only a very small margin of people would have access to the equipment needed for Hasbro testing anyway.
All i think you need is to give the people wanting a Hasbro sub-forum a chance. you aren't helping by striking them down before they even make rules for their meta-game yet. i dont see why the WBO has to have the highest standards in the world. and, i always had the idea that if someone tests a combo in a hasbro MXS stadium thats REALLY REALLY GOOD, then it might need testing in the TT stadium. i am of enough intelligence that i am not spending $55 on a flimsy piece of PVC. it probable cost $2 to make a TT attack stadium, many other people think like that. saying people who think like me can't contribute,m is like saying you won't give a dog a treat, just because its ugly.
(Mar. 13, 2011  1:05 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Wouldn't that mean currently Hasbro's only viable stadium would be the MXS, which is still not as good as the attack stadium?

no, the balance stadium is considered legal even though it is slightly worse the the TT attack

the LF is slightly worse then the MXS (they are practically the same)

and like i said before, hasbro stadiums are different then TT stadiums, therefore they need to be played with different combos. <- offtopic

edit: oops, its me lord wolfblade, i didn't know i was on my brothers account
@Momiji: Yes I do remember that. If getting Hasbro's seperate metagame recognized means only having MXS legalized in that metagame alone then so be it. I will not put my own personal needs ahead of that of the community. So maybe I wont be able to test for a while, Im fine with that. Ill just get a MXS stadium for $8 and be done. Your points are valod, but please do consoder the validity of our points as wel.

Ga, Wolfblade, i recieved both your pm responses of saying yes, which means that we will slowly overtime build and perfect the ideal rules for a hasbro metagame. Until the tine comes where we have perfected our ideas and present them to the comitee, then all discusion about this in the form of a post stops after this post.

Now, Wolfblade, Ga, let's get to work shall we?
You can get one for ~30US.

My point is by having only one stadium legal, then that leaves a small margin of Hasbro users who have that single stadium, while the other Hasbro users who already have the stadium are unlikely to be able to obtain the MXS stadium since the appearance is so similar to that of most other hasbro stadiums.

Thus wouldn't that mean, by allowing for the "hasbro metagame", you'd only be allowing a small margin of Hasbro players to perform testing anyway?

Also, you didn't say what other threads would be needed in the Hasbro sub-forum, that wouldn't fit into the 3 threads for BMF that are currently up.
The Hasbro sub forum would include the following.

•Located in the Customization Forum
•All normal threads would he combo testing threads
•Important threads would be Rules, Hasbro Build Me a Combo, for exampe

Look, the idea isnt perfect yet, and sitting here debating over an incomplete idea is stupid. thats why Lord Wolfblade, Ga'Hooleone, hopefuly MoonAlchemist, and I are going to work on it outside the WBBA and when we are finished, present it to the Comitee.

Also, I think there has been a misunderstanding. This sub forum we want so badly is strictly for combo making, not all aspects of beyblade.

If anyone else would like to help in the creation of this sub forum, pm me and I will brief you on all the details regarding the project.

I fear that this conversation is more or less consuming this thread, and there are plenty of more productive things to be doing so agian, lets end it.
Well I was reading your discussion on the Hasbro Staduim's quoting that they made to mutch similar but slightly different stadiums. Well consider Ford Mustang Gt500 VS a Shellby Gt500.
It is from the same Company, they look the same, but the difference is in the motor.
And those who say well people have already a Hasbro stadium What should they do?
Look at the computer softwares, you might have bought it because it was good in the past, but if it is outdated and not working proper anymore will you stay with it just because you bought it along time ago? I didn't think so.

I was looking for the TT stadium like crazy and the only prices I see is over the 50 I live in Europe they don't sell TT Series over here, Hasbro in the other hand do if I can get a MXS for 12 compared to 50 euro's 69.55usd the choice is made.
Just for your information, TAKARA-TOMY only sells in Japan and in a few Asian countries. Do not act as if only your country did not stock TAKARA-TOMY BeyStadiums, because it is thoroughly the case for all of us, yet we got the proper stadiums anyway.
(Mar. 17, 2011  4:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote: yet we got the proper stadiums anyway.

how is a hasbro stadium not proper? hasbro is a legal, proper, non-fake beyblade making company...
(Mar. 17, 2011  4:25 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: how is a hasbro stadium not proper? hasbro is a legal, proper, non-fake beyblade making company...

I always mean proper for competitive play.

That is like when we say "legal BeyStadium" : if we were referring to all BeyStadiums, then why did we specify that they had to be "legal" ?
Well I don't really get it, if TT is really so good ( not that I dought it ). Why don't they expand there Franchise worlwide? The will gain tons of money Drive Hasbro to a corner And such debates would not even exist.
(Mar. 17, 2011  4:40 AM)stevebak Wrote: Well I don't really get it, if TT is really so good ( not that I dought it ). Why don't they expand there Franchise worlwide? The will gain tons of money Drive Hasbro to a corner And such debates would not even exist.

Marketing decisions. Hasbro is obviously already well established worldwide. That does not really have anything to do with the topic though.
I know, my bad.
But nice debate man I enjoyed reading it. Great stuff But yeah I tought this topic was about costumizing?
It's about the condition of the forum, where people customize and other stuff.
(Mar. 13, 2011  1:05 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Honestly, I find with most competitive hobbies, it's expensive.

To do well, you have to spend money.

If someone cannot have access to the best, it simply means that they can't perform as well as their equal, who does.

To ask for the current hasbro stadiums to be legal is not to ask for a widening of the circle of beyblade, it's asking for a lowered standard.

If people with Hasbro stadiums wish to contribute, simply find combos that do well in one of your most balanced stadiums, and post it in the request thread.

A sub-forum is largely unneeded, as there are almost no new releases, no set release dates, and apart from a few parts, the difference between the brands is minimal, other than Hasbro beyblade's weight.

Honestly, if you argue the durability factor, if you abuse your TT or SonoKong beys enough to break them, chances are you'll break your Hasbro ones too.

The Hasbro stadium testing, "Top Tier Hasbro BMF Combos", Hasbro testing thread and the Metal Fusion/Metal Masters topic is enough IMO.

The Hasbro stadium testing thread can house all the testing for which stadium is most balanced, the Top Tier Hasbro BMF Combos thread can house the combos which perform best in Hasbro stadiums, and the Hasbro testing thread contains all the testing necessary to find out what's the best combos to use in Hasbro stadiums.

Meanwhile the Metal Fusion/Metal Masters thread is where all Hasbro release announcements go anyway.

What other gain could come from a Hasbro sub-forum?

EDIT: @LeoneTempest: I believe it has already been established a long time ago in one of your threads that the Lightning Force stadium is definitely not up to standard. I distinctly remember you acknowledging this after I had provided results.

Wouldn't that mean currently Hasbro's only viable stadium would be the MXS, which is still not as good as the attack stadium?

I do however believe that there should be some passing remark about certain parts with large weight differences, which would increase defence and/or lessen recoil.

Coupled with the fact that Kai-V brought up about the similarities in appearance of the Hasbro stadiums, it would mean only a very small margin of people would have access to the equipment needed for Hasbro testing anyway.

well you have to promote the MXS more. Like you said they kinda look all the same except for te performance part. The only way is to talk more about the MXS, and les about the other ones.
if you want to revive that debate, please post here.
I was just thinking, what about a testing template?
It would make people do all 20 rounds, have what I guess would be "rules" at the top, and have at the bottom what would be written on the WBO(how win %'s are written here)
I know that people who generally have done good, quality tests know what they're doing, but some people don't necessarily have a good quality to their tests.
I agree with SSJFisherman. But, is it that going to be tiring for people doing discussions like Screw Discussion etc? As they have to do 20 rounds each, which its going to take hours Tired