The State of the Customisation Forum

(Oct. 01, 2010  6:47 PM)chaosbull1595 Wrote: can you custimize the launcher to go faster and it not be illegal
No, it is always illegal. This has nothing to do with this topic though.
Should we only make topics on customs that are good. Or does it not matter?
I'm sure if it's at least novel, it should be ok.
If it is for something like Dark Wolf 125SF, I think we know it is bad, so it would be mostly useless to post test results for it.

At the same time, we seem to be getting more members who immediately want to see test results otherwise they do not believe us ...
(Oct. 06, 2010  12:50 AM)Kai-V Wrote: If it is for something like Dark Wolf 125SF, I think we know it is bad, so it would be mostly useless to post test results for it.

At the same time, we seem to be getting more members who immediately want to see test results otherwise they do not believe us ...

That's probably because the members are young and do not have the ability to listen to more experienced individuals. Either that or they only like hard data which they can process for future use... I'm leaning toward the first option. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
i think its also good if we standardize the stadiums, the launchers and what type of beyblade launches first on tests so it will be more credible.

they say "youth is wasted on the young". they are impatient, arrogant and sometimes careless. the adults here needs to understand them. their thirst for knowledge will make them wiser as they grow old.

yes i also agree on the need to explain the results based on physics theory or anything scientifically acceptable other than political reason. we are like scientists here. we need rational scientific reasons to prove anything.
Yeah, Attack Stadium and Beylauncher or something, no one does that!

"Youth is wasted on the young" in no way applies here. We're all young, and being youthful does not help in any way with Bey. And considering most kids here are in 5th grade they probably don't know any physics at all.
Well I think that people just like results, be they based on physics on not. That way they have conclusive proof whether their combo sucks or not. Also, you do know there is a show called "Are You Smarter Then a 5th Grader?" right? Food for thought...
(Nov. 11, 2010  12:42 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Yeah, Attack Stadium and Beylauncher or something, no one does that!

"Youth is wasted on the young" in no applies here. We're all young, and being youthful does not help in any way with Bey. And considering most kids here are in 5th grade they probably don't know any physics at all.

I agree 100%!!!
Which goes on to explain the amount of "Can anyone test Dark Aquila D125FS" It beat my "Killer Gemios 100FS" type of questions. For elementary school kids, beyblading is more for looks than actually competitive sporting.
(Nov. 11, 2010  12:42 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Yeah, Attack Stadium and Beylauncher or something, no one does that!

"Youth is wasted on the young" in no way applies here. We're all young, and being youthful does not help in any way with Bey. And considering most kids here are in 5th grade they probably don't know any physics at all.
You may be right there but in our school,we are advanced and we study physics already.We study things like Newton's law of gravity,why a car should slow down before turning or stopping to a halt or what speed does an object fall down. We are in the 5th grade. It does not mean you guys are adults you can be wiser and smarter than kids in any way. Kids can sometimes outsmart adults and sometimes adults too learn from kids. Anyway, you guys should try this: MF Earth Bull CH145WD. My friend and I thought that up on our way home from school.Smile
(Dec. 04, 2010  7:55 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: Which goes on to explain the amount of "Can anyone test Dark Aquila D125FS" It beat my "Killer Gemios 100FS" type of questions. For elementary school kids, beyblading is more for looks than actually competitive sporting.
Please don't judge us that easily and don't be so sure. We may be younger than you guys but every different kids have different passion and point of view on something. And some kids may think like adults and sometimes,smarter than you guys.
(Dec. 29, 2010  3:05 PM)G1nga Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2010  12:42 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: considering most kids here are in 5th grade they probably don't know any physics at all.
You may be right there but in our school,we are advanced and we study physics already.We study things like Newton's law of gravity,why a car should slow down before turning or stopping to a halt or what speed does an object fall down. We are in the 5th grade.
That's so basic, it's laughable that you'd brag about it.

Quote:It does not mean you guys are adults you can be wiser and smarter than kids in any way. Kids can sometimes outsmart adults and sometimes adults too learn from kids.
I'm 16, I wouldn't call myself an adult, and I wouldn't consider myself a braggart to claim that me and the vast majority of my peers are wiser and smarter than you. 6 years of additional schooling surely helps with something.

Quote:Anyway, you guys should try this: MF Earth Bull CH145WD. My friend and I thought that up on our way home from school.Smile
Your combo sucks.

Quote:
(Dec. 04, 2010  7:55 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: Which goes on to explain the amount of "Can anyone test Dark Aquila D125FS" It beat my "Killer Gemios 100FS" type of questions. For elementary school kids, beyblading is more for looks than actually competitive sporting.
Please don't judge us that easily and don't be so sure. We may be younger than you guys but every different kids have different passion and point of view on something. And some kids may think like adults and sometimes,smarter than you guys.
I defy you to find a smart high schooler that is less intelligent than any junior high or elementary level student. Of course an average high school freshman is smarter than an idiot adult who quit school in 8th grade/never attended in the first place. There's plenty of braindead adults you could probably beat in Trivial Pursuit, but why compare yourselves to the bottom of the barrel?
(Dec. 29, 2010  10:06 PM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2010  3:05 PM)G1nga Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2010  12:42 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: considering most kids here are in 5th grade they probably don't know any physics at all.
You may be right there but in our school,we are advanced and we study physics already.We study things like Newton's law of gravity,why a car should slow down before turning or stopping to a halt or what speed does an object fall down. We are in the 5th grade.
That's so basic, it's laughable that you'd brag about it.

Quote:It does not mean you guys are adults you can be wiser and smarter than kids in any way. Kids can sometimes outsmart adults and sometimes adults too learn from kids.
I'm 16, I wouldn't call myself an adult, and I wouldn't consider myself a braggart to claim that me and the vast majority of my peers are wiser and smarter than you. 6 years of additional schooling surely helps with something.

Quote:Anyway, you guys should try this: MF Earth Bull CH145WD. My friend and I thought that up on our way home from school.Smile
Your combo sucks.

Quote:
I defy you to find a smart high schooler that is less intelligent than any junior high or elementary level student. Of course an average high school freshman is smarter than an idiot adult who quit school in 8th grade/never attended in the first place. There's plenty of braindead adults you could probably beat in Trivial Pursuit, but why compare yourselves to the bottom of the barrel?

lol i have 17 and i´m sure that i know more than a 5th grade kid... for now you say that when you kids get my age or Mc Frown you will see how you´re annoying when you think you know more than us...but this is ALL off-topic so let´s stop...

and your combo sucks a bit.. remove the MF and put 145(top-tier)...
The thing is, he's a veteran and you're not, so yes, he kind of does know more than you.
(Dec. 29, 2010  3:05 PM)G1nga Wrote: Please don't judge us that easily and don't be so sure. We may be younger than you guys but every different kids have different passion and point of view on something. And some kids may think like adults and sometimes,smarter than you guys.

No, you are judging the older people. You have no idea what level of intelligence each member possesses and more importantly, their experiences and circumstance. I'm 16 and I'm taking full university courses, and I can say for a fact that the experienced members know more about the hobby than any 5th grade who claims to know a lot. The truth is you don't. It takes time to learn even the veterans don't know everything about the hobby. Don't try to argue just accept it.
I am not bragging about anything all I am saying is that kids can also know some things that adults don't. And I am not bragging about this but I have 2 sisters in college pretty much more experienced than you guys and they share to us their experiences in school which means I know a bit of what you are going to experience: Assignments,Projects,Reports,short summer vacations and some more bitter events. I am not bragging. I am just saying that kids may also have high intelligence you know? I know that by hearing the word kid" makes you think childish,annoying,no know-hows but there are also some of us that can also know pretty much more. And it also does not mean a person is new in WBO he is new in beyblading. Have you guys even watch "are you smarter than a 5th grader"? Most adults aren't. Anyway,I may not be that smart in beyblading but I do know facts. And I am not judging old people in any way I am just proving the fact that kids can also know more than adults but not all. Anyway,let's just stop all this before one of use gets a warning. Anyway, have guys even tested the combo? I think you should.
(Dec. 30, 2010  5:03 AM)G1nga Wrote: I have 2 sisters in college pretty much more experienced than you guys and they share to us their experiences in school which means I know a bit of what you are going to experience: Assignments,Projects,Reports,short summer vacations and some more bitter events.
. . .

Anyways, people have tested that combo, you said "I'm not bragging" 3 times, and that show is rigged to make adults look stupid for entertainment purposes. Why do you think everyone on there is an less-than-average-Joe and not a college professor? Contestants are screened.

btw, I'm 16 so I'm still a minor, or a 'kid'.
(Dec. 30, 2010  5:03 AM)G1nga Wrote: Assignments,Projects,Reports,short summer vacations and some more bitter events.
Have you guys even watch "are you smarter than a 5th grader"? Most adults aren't.
And I am not judging old people in any way I am just proving the fact that kids can also know more than adults but not all.

Ok this is whats the problem. Look at your post, and try to figure out whats wrong with it. Assignments Projects Reports Short vacations bitter events... most of us have already gone through this already, and As I said, I'm doing uni courses so I know EXACTLY what it is like. Also, you say your not judging adults and yet you are generalizing them from a TV SHOW. It is true kids can know more about certain things but they do not have EXPERIENCE, and from this one can learn so much more. Its like studying mechanincs from a textbook, but not practicing them in real life. I don't know how old you are but you yourself proved that kids are inexperienced. You have drawn a conclusion based upon a TV Program, which is designed to gain views so that the broadcasting company can obtain profit. This indicates that you lack the experience and knowledge in life compared to the older members of this forum. It's the same with beyblades. 99% of kids will think that the beyblades will replicate what they do in the tv show when they yell at it, and the 1% that wont will not state that kids know more than adults because they already know that it isn't true. Look at the customization forum right now. Compare the number of QUALITY threads to the age of the poster. What do you see?
no not in this thread
(Dec. 30, 2010  5:03 AM)G1nga Wrote: I am not bragging about anything all I am saying is that kids can also know some things that adults don't. And I am not bragging about this but I have 2 sisters in college pretty much more experienced than you guys.

And one of them pissed me off in the Philippines topic.:\

That doesn't mean that they are more experienced than Nojo in beyblading. (No offense.)

Back on topic: We need a Macro that shows that you should do some tests first.
yes, it sounds like a good concept, but like aqua said, all hasbro's come with part names on those chacter card things. So it shouldn't be all that hard to understand. I picked up beys again for the first time since I was 8. And even I thought it to be quite easy.
Agree.
(Jan. 10, 2011  11:18 PM)Ultimatefry Wrote: Agree.

Add more content to your posts.
Recently there what what one might call a "generation switch" where a lot of parts were omitted/added/exchanged as top tier. It is vital that when posting new combo's one keeps in mind these things:

WB is no longer top tier, so any tests done against it will be useless when it is switched with the current top tier bottoms.

All new attack types should have some form of viable counter strategy against 230 in order to remain competitive... LOW TRACKS WILL NOT WORK
Also: C145 and Ray have been booted.