The State of the Customisation Forum

(Jul. 17, 2010  7:28 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Should there be a standard set of rules/guidelines to be followed when people test out combos? Obviously stuff like using the attack stadium is a given, but how many rounds should be used in testing, what results should be (not) included (such as launching an attack bey into/onto a defence one which results in an immediate knock out) etc? I think that this is an issue that should be explored so as to produce less discrepancies between the results of people trying out customs.

Apologies if there are guidelines that I have missed.
I think something like this :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...Strategies
Yeah, definitely something like that, but the thread just died after December 2009. I think that the issue may need to be revisited and/or a new thread to be stickied with rules on how to test for maximum effectiveness and accuracy.
Or we could update this forum's rules finally hah.
There's been a lot of cool testing recently, but sometimes we all use different methods of writing out our results. Should we come to some sort of agreement, on a standard? I don't know if everyone's just going to suggest their own methods, haha.

Something like:

Quote:MF Lightning L Drago 90RF vs MF Earth Bull C145WB
10 (50%) - 5 (25%) (5 Draws)
Round by Round (Click to View)

Which is an amalgamation of various methods I've seen. I think it's important to show win rates/percentages, and everything else can be spoilered. If we can come to a general consensus, we can create a template using the default messages plugin.
That seems good, but I think we need someplace to put what mode Perseus/LDrago/CH120 etc. is in.

EDIT: Actually, that could probably just go in spoiler tags.
Yeah, I agree with ♥. I think there should be a standardised way of testing.

Bare in mind that spoilering takes ages for some... it took me soooo long to add the results from another thread into the LLDrago 90RF thread from another.
Was thinking something like: MF Lightning L Drago 90RF (Upper Mode) vs MF Earth Bull C145WB, etc. Just tag it onto the end of the Beyblade in the title.

ahbfjebakej it's BEAR FFS Angry

20 rounds should probably be the standard for any initial testing; if you're reinforcing or just giving opinion, I guess if it's very one-sided less may be appropriate.
(Jul. 21, 2010  4:50 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Bare in mind that spoilering takes ages for some...

It's bear. Didn't we just go over this?

I don't think spoilering takes that long. Maybe I'm just fast at it?

(Jul. 21, 2010  4:52 PM)♥ Wrote: Was thinking something like: MF Lightning L Drago 90RF (Upper Mode) vs MF Earth Bull C145WB, etc. Just tag it onto the end of the Beyblade in the title.

Yeah, that'll work.

EDIT: On second thought, wouldn't that get kind of bulky for certain combos? i.e. Gravity Perseus CH120 HF/S
hmmmmmmmmm this is a combo by driger gt it is quite efeective i like it
MF Lightning Ldrago CH120 RF
(Jul. 21, 2010  4:52 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2010  4:50 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Bare in mind that spoilering takes ages for some...

It's bear. Didn't we just go over this?

I don't think spoilering takes that long. Maybe I'm just fast at it?

(Jul. 21, 2010  4:52 PM)♥ Wrote: Was thinking something like: MF Lightning L Drago 90RF (Upper Mode) vs MF Earth Bull C145WB, etc. Just tag it onto the end of the Beyblade in the title.

Yeah, that'll work.

EDIT: On second thought, wouldn't that get kind of bulky for certain combos? i.e. Gravity Perseus CH120 HF/S

The 'bare' thing... twas a joke.

If the custom has different modes, I'd rather just state it at the beginning, rather than tagged on at the end against every custom.
(Jul. 21, 2010  4:52 PM)♥ Wrote: 20 rounds should probably be the standard for any initial testing; if you're reinforcing or just giving opinion, I guess if it's very one-sided less may be appropriate.
Yeah i agree with this,

Also sorta like set rules for how testing should be done like,
only use MFB attack
Beylaunchers
Standerd rules for fire 1 fire 2 testing
When testing with attack types make sure to use banking or sliding shoot
ect.

this will cut down on people posting results of something tested with stadiums and launchers that wouldnt be used competivley and will also make results being posted more acurate
I wrote up an article of sorts for testing strategies, I ought to find it again and refine it...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...#pid185011

There it is :3

I'm going to revamp it and likely repost it for discussion in the next few days. I've got some new in formation to add to it and while I'm at it I can propose a standard testing format.
(Jul. 22, 2010  8:41 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: I wrote up an article of sorts for testing strategies, I ought to find it again and refine it...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...#pid185011

There it is :3

I'm going to revamp it and likely repost it for discussion in the next few days. I've got some new in formation to add to it and while I'm at it I can propose a standard testing format.
Yeah thats what i was thinking of actully xD those should be standerd rules for testing/posting testing on here
What's everyone doing with draws? I think we should make a note that there were draws, but redo the round.
(Aug. 02, 2010  6:53 PM)♥ Wrote: What's everyone doing with draws? I think we should make a note that there were draws, but redo the round.

I include it in my results, but then when calculating the win percentages I simply reduce the amount of rounds it is calculated from by however many draws there was. So if there was one draw, the win percentages would be calculated out of 19 if I had done 20 rounds.
(Aug. 02, 2010  6:53 PM)♥ Wrote: What's everyone doing with draws? I think we should make a note that there were draws, but redo the round.

I personally keep them in to try and keep the results as realistic as possible.
Hmm, I was just thinking since a draw will not give us any information, and furthermore, a draw will not help nor hinder you in a real life match situation.

Might be worth keeping them in, in future then.
(Aug. 02, 2010  7:06 PM)♥ Wrote: Hmm, I was just thinking since a draw will not give us any information, and furthermore, a draw will not help nor hinder you in a real life match situation.

Might be worth keeping them in, in future then.

Forgot about that.

I think it should be kept as a record, but the draw should be redone.
I keep Draws as a record, but I always redo them. The relevance for Win/Loss ratio should not include draws in them. It is goo to know of the potential for one and how often they occur. You can calculate this with a % as well, but it seems more complicated than necessary.
I leave draws out of win percentages and basically re-test on a draw.

I include in the results when a draw occurs, but don't count it as an official result.
hey i made a defense combo rock leone WD145B. unfortunatley i dont have a lot of top tier combos to test it on. can somebody who does run some test them post or pm me the results thnxs.
Hmm what do you guys do for bad launches? redo them?
Yep.

Stop the battle immediately and re-launch.
can you custimize the launcher to go faster and it not be illegal