The Second WBO Graphic Tournament: Round 2 Voting/ Round 3 Fixtures announced!

Can I add themes?
Letter Bee
Fairy Tail
Black Butler
TMoHS(Haruhi Suzumiya)
Holy...moly. Hm....Anyone willing to help me during weekdays? And fine. I'll add JB, Letter Bee, Fairy Tail, Black Butler, TMoHS.
Didn't even realize this was up. I thought the thread for sign ups wasn’t going to be created for at least another month?

Anyways why limit the Tournament to 22 persons? Wouldn't it be better with 24? With 24 participants you will be able to have 4 even groups with 6 participants in each, instead of only having 2 groups with 6 entrants and the remaining 2 groups with 5 persons. The reason I used 22 was due to that being the number of person who entered, I simply adjusted the group allocations to accommodate for the amount of participants. If you do decide to enforce a cap on the amount of persons entering, I strongly recommend that you do so for a number which can be divided by 4 with no remainder, ie 12, 16, 20, 24, 28.

I'm a maybe; I'm beginning to approach the end of semester for uni which means I’ll be experiencing quite a heavy work load. I’m not sure at this stage whether or not I’m willing to make such a commitment since the Tournament will span 7 – 8 weeks including the Final.

BeyBladerPotter, I reckon you should make the titles like the one below. It adds to the fun of the battle, plus it makes it look more professional. Do you believe you'll be making tables for the Groups on PS?

If you need more themes try:

The Hulk
Iron Man
Spiderman
Superman
Venom (Spiderman Villian)
Music
The Nine Tails Fox
Madara Uchiha
Horror Movie
Zombies
Love
Memorable Quotes
Computer Program
Armageddon

*EDIT*
Just for laughs, from the persons who have currently signed up I believe that the Final will consist of Vintage and Electric. I'm tipping Vintage to win the Final with a vote margin of 75%.
Well, as much as you said not to, a lot of people need this, seeing as many have been taking up graphics lately. And, fine then. I'll extend the limit to 24. Seeing more need this also. And although I have said that I won't make those charts, I just made some. LOL. Anywayz...
Gurren Lagann and K-On too.I better practise now.
Hmm...Okay. We have enough themes for now.
BeybladerPotter just hired me to work on this tourney, so I guess for battles during the weekdays, just send them to me.
Ehh, I'll join then.
Yo BP I want in!!!!!
I'm ganna own this.
Mind adding Pokemon?
I am SO in this! I probably won't win much, if at all, but this will be a good time to hone my Photoshop skills Smile
I will try to make those fancy banners Uncertain BP we nees to decide who goes to which groups now :-|
Okay. I'm doing the lottery. You'll know your groups in a few minutes...
Fair enough, if people are more than happy to participate in another Tournament than I wish you luck in organizing a successful Tournament. The main reason I didn't want to organize another Tournament so soon after the 1st, is due to competing in the Tournament is a big commitment time wise. I thought people may want some time between Tournaments to recuperate and define a style. Like I said earlier, if everybody is more than happy competing in another Tournament, than I wish you good luck.

A word of advice in regards to late entries, I suggest you be quite strict from the beginning. Ideally you would prefer to conduct a Tournament without receiving late entries, but it will happen. I suggest you write the time and date for the deadline for when entries are due from the time you announce the themes for the week; if you receive any entries after the deadline has passed enforce voting penalties.

One other thing, BP are you going to be keeping track of participants win percentages as stated in the OP? I personally view this method fairer than simply recording the amount of votes a participant has received.
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:51 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Fair enough, if people are more than happy to participate in another Tournament than I wish you luck in organizing a successful Tournament. The main reason I didn't want to organize another Tournament so soon after the 1st, is due to competing in the Tournament is a big commitment time wise. I thought people may want some time between Tournaments to recuperate and define a style. Like I said earlier, if everybody is more than happy competing in another Tournament, than I wish you good luck.

A word of advice in regards to late entries, I suggest you be quite strict from the beginning. Ideally you would prefer to conduct a Tournament without receiving late entries, but it will happen. I suggest you write the time and date for the deadline for when entries are due from the time you announce the themes for the week; if you receive any entries after the deadline has passed enforce voting penalties.

One other thing, BP are you going to be keeping track of participants win percentages as stated in the OP? I personally view this method fairer than simply recording the amount of votes a participant has received.
Of course. I think I know how to get percentages. And, I will be strict. Disasters is not in my book.

(Sep. 04, 2011  4:42 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Okay. I'm doing the lottery. You'll know your groups in a few minutes...

Umm... Wouldn’t it be fairer to create the draw after the close of Sign Ups?
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:55 AM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:42 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Okay. I'm doing the lottery. You'll know your groups in a few minutes...

LOL. Partial groups. Like..just to have the initial "box" ready. Gah. I mean preparing the box.
It will happen though. Disaster strike when we don't know it will happen Uncertain

hopefully this will be successful. You know, nothing happens

I second that. Besides, if more people sign up then you'd have to draw again to pick their spots. It's easier to just do it in one go.
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:57 AM)Sparta Wrote:

I second that. Besides, if more people sign up then you'd have to draw again to pick their spots. It's easier to just do it in one go.

(Sep. 04, 2011  4:56 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote:

LOL. Partial groups. Like..just to have the initial "box" ready. Gah. I mean preparing the box.
By drawing the Group Stages now or at least partially with the members who have entered, you are already creating an unfair Tournament.

But it’s your Tournament; you can run it however you like. I’m merely offering a suggestion for what I view as the best course of action.
After we have pick what goes which, we can add and add people who will join
(Sep. 04, 2011  5:06 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: By drawing the Group Stages now or at least partially with the members who have entered, you are already creating an unfair Tournament.

But it’s your Tournament; you can run it however you like. I’m merely offering a suggestion for what I view as the best course of action.

....Fine then. I'm not mad or anything. I agree in this case. I announce the end of the sign-up in a few hours. Why such a short time? Well...we gathered 16 participants in one day and a few hours so...I do not see why we need such a long time.
Keep in mind I'm only trying to help your Tournament, though if you would like to announce the end of sign ups that is your decision. However it should be brought to you attention that there are plenty of skilled GFX artist who haven't entered this Tournament yet, ie Omega, blah, Resistance, SDamonCronous, DaD, Wolverine Mode, BeybladeStation, Callum6939, Hope, Raijin and Jacksonian. By announcing the cut off now, you're effectively robbing the Tournament of skill and competition. Plus, the title of WBO GFX Champion won't be truly reflective due to it missing, in my opinion some of the better GFX artist of the forum.

I recommended you PM the participants listed in order to let them know about the Tournament, I wasn't aware of this thread until I saw it a few hours ago. I don’t know, it just seems a little rushed.
(Sep. 04, 2011  5:37 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Keep in mind I'm only trying to help your Tournament, though if you would like to announce the end of sign ups that is your decision. However it should be brought to you attention that there are plenty of skilled GFX artist who haven't entered this Tournament yet, ie Omega, blah, Resistance, SDamonCronous, DaD, Wolverine Mode, BeybladeStation, Callum6939, Hope, Raijin and Jacksonian. By announcing the cut off now, you're effectively robbing the Tournament of skill and competition. Plus, the title of WBO GFX Champion won't be truly reflective due to it missing, in my opinion some of the better GFX artist of the forum.

I recommended you PM the participants listed in order to let them know about the Tournament, I wasn't aware of this thread until I saw it a few hours ago. I don’t know, it just seems a little rushed.

Not just you. This seems very rushed to me also. I think sign up should be at least a full 48 hours because ones schedule and time zone might not comply with this thread, so they might miss it. 48 hours seems like a good time to me though, but that's just me. :\