The Matter Of Prizes

Poll: Should the WBO give specific prizes instead of reimbursement?

yes
66.67%
no
33.33%
Total: 100% 9 vote(s)
Don't you think that there should be specific prizes given by the WBO,on the website itself,and not the reimbursement.
Firstly,the participant who won the tournament will have the most competitive parts,so giving him a starter doesn't sound a good idea,ordering from outside will be a huge sum of money itself.
so what I say is,
there should be a specific thread with a list of prizes,divided into three sections-gold,silver,and bronze winners,once someone gets his face,he can claim a prize
Also,the gifts should be quite cheap.Like bey accessories,and something that can help that participant's area as well-like a BB-10 or Zero-G stadia.This way,tournaments will also be smooth.
and yeah,some rare prizes should be given on events such as BeyDays
Um no. I really don't see why... It just creates more work for staff when they're busy enough already.
And,rare beys shouldn't mean very expensive ones.....
the WBO can edit the thread during BeyDays with those beys
prizes shouldn't be given for plastics and HMS events

example
WBO Prizes Thread

gold face winner's section-
-BeyLauncher LR
-LED sight
-WBO USB key
-
silver face winner's section
-launcher grip
-Metal Stone Face

bronze face winner's section
-Metal face set

this is just an example-
the WBO can set up exciting prizes to make the hobby more interesting for members
It's a bad example. I'd rather have an extra of a starter I already own than any of those prizes.
extra of a starter?
really bro?
i don't think so....
participants,especially kids,won't like to get the same prize which they own already,will they?
they'll want something new to add to their collection...
We have a system where we buy the prizes for people to select; the Blader Rewards. In some cases, we have trouble shipping things to certain people, and generally it saves a lot of money in every direction to just have hosts get what they can and us reimburse them. Plus, it would not really be possible to universally please anyone at all, and many people prefer what they would get from their hosts/our reimbursement over what you've listed as suggestions...
this is just a suggestion,i know the WBO can come with a whole list of mouth-watering prizes
It would take a lot of work to ship all this stuff.
I sort of get the Zeneo's point, but that's what the blader rewards are for I think. Even though you can't get an epic prize with just one win... It'll take just a few if you are winning them all.
Also different regions bladers want different things. A lot of times I'll ask what they want for prizes the next tournament and just get those. Also I've recently taken advice from hosts what they do and it didn't go as well as I'd hoped at my tournaments. So where some will be happy with RB's or Hasbros, 4Ds or Zero-Gs, others want only TT or accessories... So I think a good host will try to accommodate what their area wants.
yeah,but if you can claim a prize from The Blader Rewards,why are there physical prizes then?
i totally agree with Coach on the different regions want different things,hence,this matter of prizes should be sorted out,shouldn't it?
imagine a participant getting a physical prize at a tournament,then claiming from the Blader Rewards,fair?
(Dec. 21, 2012  10:05 AM)zeneo Wrote: yeah,but if you can claim a prize from The Blader Rewards,why are there physical prizes then?
i totally agree with Coach on the different regions want different things,hence,this matter of prizes should be sorted out,shouldn't it?
imagine a participant getting a physical prize at a tournament,then claiming from the Blader Rewards,fair?

In my opinion, The Blader Rewards is like a "Bonus" Prize. If you didn't win anything in a tournament, TBR acts as a Consolation prize. The same if you did get something, and wanted a bit more.

I think that the WBO gets the prizes just fine. Giving out cheap things makes us look "Unprofessional". We want people to get in the Meta-game in a fine way.

TBR as consolation?
oh come on,TBR gets wiped off really fast
and a member who'll hardly have 9 credits after taking part in many tournaments won't have anything left to get.
'Bonus prize' may sound appropriate,but doesn't that mean that one guy gets two or three things for winning in a tourney,and other member's mouths are left gaping
many will be content if the prize distribution system was revised the same way like beypoints,rest is up to the committee to discuss
also,giving away cheap things doesn't make the WBO look unprofessional in my opinion,
the suggestions that i made shouldn't be taken as a kill-off for this topic,it was a suggestion,i couldn't come up with good ideas for prizes