The Legend of Zelda

My rationale is that I do not like MM and do not want it given the handheld spot over a game that would fit better on a handheld... I am not sure how that is really difficult to grasp. The old 2D Zelda format just doesn't work well on consoles anymore, and has been sitting on handhelds for an extremely long time now. Really, I don't want to see a single Zelda game on the Wii U because it would ultimately lead to me having some motivation to buy the thing, but if any Zelda game were to be sat on it, I would rather it be my least favorite(save for the CD-I nonsense and such) than my third favorite.

If only one of them can come out, I am obviously going to prefer my favorite of the two - and LttP is one of my favorite games in general, not just of this series(though personally I'd be more interested in seeing Oracles remade than anything else at all).

Your post was unnecessarily derisive regardless of how you intended it, and I did not feel like utilizing a Moderator Notice - which is how I would have handled it were you responding to anyone but me.
(Jun. 14, 2012  5:43 AM)Hazel Wrote: My rationale is that I do not like MM and do not want it given the handheld spot over a game that would fit better on a handheld... I am not sure how that is really difficult to grasp. The old 2D Zelda format just doesn't work well on consoles anymore, and has been sitting on handhelds for an extremely long time now. Really, I don't want to see a single Zelda game on the Wii U because it would ultimately lead to me having some motivation to buy the thing, but if any Zelda game were to be sat on it, I would rather it be my least favorite(save for the CD-I nonsense and such) than my third favorite.

If only one of them can come out, I am obviously going to prefer my favorite of the two - and LttP is one of my favorite games in general, not just of this series(though personally I'd be more interested in seeing Oracles remade than anything else at all).

Great! It isn't hard to grasp, no.. That is the kind of stuff you mention in your original post to avoid a lot of controversy - explaining your opinion rather than being "I hate it and I won't explain why because I hate it so much".

Quote:Your post was unnecessarily derisive regardless of how you intended it, and I did not feel like utilizing a Moderator Notice - which is how I would have handled it were you responding to anyone but me.

.. okay. I probably would have not been such "a horse's behind and such" like I was if I you gave a couple reasons like you did now.

You can understand why I would sound like that (in a playful way, though, whatever) if you included such little reason to flat out hating Majora's Mask. Silly/non-present rationale deserves a laughable response with some form of mention of "go on" (namely "interesting opinion"/elaborate). Had I known you'd be so sorely offended by it, I wouldn't have done it.
I figured you could take a joke, but I learned my lesson.
I do not like MM's time gimmick, and I do not think it was fleshed out in anything resembling a competent manner for something so integral to the game. I do not like how forcedly compact and "pressurized" the experience becomes due to that mechanic, even on subsequent I-know-what-I'm-doing playthroughs. It becomes something that lingers in the back of one's mind, and for something that is(to me, at least) an outright offensive game mechanic in general, that sours the experience fairly well.

I did not find the dungeons as interesting as prior games(or any following it, really), and was not particularly fond of suddenly being stuck playing as kid link again(although this, along with the "story" reason for it, which is another complaint, are relatively minor and artistic in nature, with the story complaint being especially frivolous because I'm still not sure I have ever paid attention to a Zelda story beyond kill the pig man he is bad). The whole game environment, though, is just overtly unappealing to me, and in part for reasons I still have not recognized.

The only thing I liked at all about MM was that it fleshed out Masks a lot more, which I felt should've been in OoT for all the goofing around you had to do with them for extras, but even that was not really... redeeming.
LOL pig man.

and that is how we avoid altercations among members. Thank you Hazel for cooperating and forgive me for my frivolous antics of poking fun, I figured you could take it.

We should end this, now.

:V

I should also mention, in addition to my prior complaint about the time mechanic, that it kind of discouraged the running around and goofing about that Zelda games previously rewarded you for(even if only in the form of more rupees that you could conceivably spend and, in some games, the satisfaction of having dug a hole on every single tile of every single map with diggable tiles).

A minor thing to me now, but as a child... well, in general, it just harkens to me a lot like Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter's mechanic that spitefully punished you for using the ability that the game series was famous for.
i'mmmm baaacckkk JUST BEAT OCARINA OF TIME WII DOWNLOAD VERSION NOT A BIG ACHEVIMENT BUT IM 11 SO I THINK ITS PRETTY COOL yeah im the only one of my freinds at school so this is where i tell everybody only freind in the gruop that likes zelda im not a guy that talks to himself all the time.
(Jul. 18, 2012  9:26 PM)BLACK CROW Wrote: i'mmmm baaacckkk JUST BEAT OCARINA OF TIME WII DOWNLOAD VERSION NOT A BIG ACHEVIMENT BUT IM 11 SO I THINK ITS PRETTY COOL yeah im the only one of my freinds at school so this is where i tell everybody only freind in the gruop that likes zelda im not a guy that talks to himself all the time.

I beat OoT3D last year, my first time for any version of the game, and I was also 11. XD
Im planing to buy the original to play on my brother's 64.
That would just be a waste of money if you already have the 3DS version. And after playing the 3DS version, the N64 graphics might become annoying.
The water temple on the original version is downright murderous after you've played the 3DS version, because of the on the fly item switching the 3DS has that every other version lacks.

This is one very real situation where the 3DS version completely obliterates the fun of the N64 one. Don't waste your money just to be pretentious.
(Jul. 19, 2012  7:22 AM)Hazel Wrote: The water temple on the original version is downright murderous after you've played the 3DS version, because of the on the fly item switching the 3DS has that every other version lacks.

This is one very real situation where the 3DS version completely obliterates the fun of the N64 one. Don't waste your money just to be pretentious.

No remake can beat out the N64 version. Playing that thing was heaven and hell. Now Nintendo's just made everything easier for younger kids. 3DS version is still pretty fun though.
(Jul. 19, 2012  10:55 AM)Vintage Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2012  7:22 AM)Hazel Wrote: The water temple on the original version is downright murderous after you've played the 3DS version, because of the on the fly item switching the 3DS has that every other version lacks.

No remake can beat out the N64 version. Playing that thing was heaven and hell. Now Nintendo's just made everything easier for younger kids. 3DS version is still pretty fun though.

See, this is the pretentious thing I was talking about. Older does not mean better; the 3DS version improved on the gameplay and graphics, and made the gameplay smoother by eliminating the need to pause every time you wanted to change items. That was the only major change whatsoever, and the difficulty and integrity of the game are otherwise unaffected. The 3DS version also has the post-game "hard mode" that the GC introduced, as well as the boss challenge and so forth.

Streamlining archaic menu systems doesn't equate "making everything easier for younger kids".

I'd suggest you actually have solid ground upon which to make claims other than "IT'S OLDER AND MORE ANNOYING SO IT'S BETTER", otherwise you'll only be taken seriously among other people that delusional.
What are you talking about? The games are exactly the same except for the graphics, and the 3DS version has a few extras. You only like the N64 version better because of nostalgia.
very true very true i seen so many skyward sword extras in ocarina of time 3D.
Has anyone completed the Hero Mode of Skyward Sword? I started a file for it but since I'm a procrastinator, I haven't finished it. I'm at the sand temple. The first one if there is a second, which I think there is.
Am I crazy? I'm stuck in Twilight Princess and at the part where you are a wolf and the little guy thing has ditched you. Any ideas?
(Oct. 20, 2012  12:32 AM)SamanthaD. Wrote: Am I crazy? I'm stuck in Twilight Princess and at the part where you are a wolf and the little guy thing has ditched you. Any ideas?
Im scewed on that part too Unhappy

I don't understand... I have beaten this game, but could you be a bit more thorough? What part of the game are you in?
Considering that they don't even know Midna's name yet, it could possibly be right after Link is turned into a wolf.
(Oct. 20, 2012  12:41 AM)Andy12 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2012  12:32 AM)SamanthaD. Wrote: Am I crazy? I'm stuck in Twilight Princess and at the part where you are a wolf and the little guy thing has ditched you. Any ideas?
You have to get the tears of light or whatever they are called. I would suggest looking up a walkthrough.

(Oct. 28, 2012  3:17 AM)aensoni17 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2012  12:41 AM)Andy12 Wrote:
You have to get the tears of light or whatever they are called. I would suggest looking up a walkthrough.

Found it! Yay!
hey ive beaten story and im in lanayru region to in ss of course but its the more boring part of ss i think so itll take me awhile this is in hero mode
I'm in hero mode too. I'm in the sand temple and I haven't played in a while.
Zelda is one of the best games i've ever played which was made by Nintendo(2nd only to pokemon)
i have no clue about the 3DS ones though
Tongue_out
There was only one 3DS game, OoT 3D, and it is the same as OoT (Ocarina of Time) other than graphics, so if you played OoT on N64 or Game cub, it is the same for the most part.
Also, am I the only one who wants a $1 multilayer e-shop game of Link and Sora(kingdom hearts) breaking pots, (thinks back to Sora breaking pots like Link in KH1 Alladen world.) XD