The Hockey thread of CBC dying with this finals match up

Oh man, the big game is today. Gettin a ride home to kick back and watch the game on the big screen.

GO TEAM CANADA WOOOO!
After this game, I will have no finger nails left.
That's how you win a hockey game. Wow.
Ugh, why did it have to be Crosby. Of all people. I almost hesitated to celebrate when I realized Crosby had scored it LOL. Still, I am happy that they won! It is amazing how well they were able to bounce back in OT after experiencing such a bad break. USA was the better team in my mind, but then again, you have to be both resilient and lucky to win, and that is what Canada was.

Did anybody else notice Iginla's sick pass to Crosby on the winning goal?!
Yeah no kidding about Crosby. I'm a Flyers fan, so it's salt in open wounds, but I've learned in national matters, NHL sides shouldn't matter.
OHH YEAH! GOLD BABY!

Way to go Team Canada you rocked these Olympics.
Actually really happy for Canada to win Gold, haha. Not a huge follower of this, but the way the entire nation was gripped in such a way by this was really quite something.
Oh yeah, Hockey is like religion here. I'm not the biggest follower, but watching everyone show such pride is an uplifting feeling. Yonge street (this major street in downtown Toronto) was completely blocked off and is crammed with people celebrating.

Makes ya proud to be Canadian.

EDIT: Plus that was actually a really sick game. The US put up a great game and really made us work for it. During the overtime it was so tense. But then Crosby (ironically) happens to save the day.
Khel, Yonge's only the largest street in the world, lmao.

But man, I know where I was on Feb 28, 2010. This feeling, and national pride is something I doubt I'd be ever able to see again. My only regret was not being there live, heh.
From one giant high, to one very giant low.

Carter is gone for 3-4 weeks. Leighton is [likely] done for the season. Emery is done for the season. The Flyers are done for the season.

Baseball here I come?

Phoenix vs. Chicago tonight; for top spot in the west!

To be honest, I kind of hope Phoenix loses. I do not want them to face Detroit in the first round!

(Mar. 23, 2010  12:24 AM)To Wrote: From one giant high, to one very giant low.

Carter is gone for 3-4 weeks. Leighton is [likely] done for the season. Emery is done for the season. The Flyers are done for the season.

I feel sorry for the Flyers. Unhappy
So we just lost Johan Backlund, our backup backup backup goal tender to injury. That leaves us with Brian Boucher, and his 5-15 record, and another AHL goal tender. Third goal tender to go down this season. Biron must have cursed the locker room as he left for the Islanders.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! My brotha comes up huge in the shootout!!!! Flyers dominated the game. Briere + Giroux = Good. Carter is back. HOPES RESTORED!!!

Come on Sabres or Devils. I'd prefer the Devils, but hey, atleast it's not the Caps, right Montreal?
PHOENIX VS. DETROIT

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Conference Finals? OK. First round? No. Unhappy I hate how Detroit, by virtue of their numerous OT losses jump ahead of LA and Nashville who both have more wins.
Game 1 : Score 2-1 Flyers. FINAL

I approve of that scoreboard. But no way are we getting going to win the series with 14 shots on net in a game.
Game 2: Score 5-3 Devils. FINAL

I do not approve of this scoreboard. Hopefully we pull things through on Sunday at Wachovia.
Gagne out for 3 weeks. Carter gone indefinity. ffs
(Apr. 21, 2010  11:04 PM)To Wrote: Gagne out for 3 weeks. Carter gone indefinity. ffs

Ouch. I heard about this today, big set back for the Flyers. Luckily, they're up 3-1, so at least they are in a good position. Brodeur has played about 1 good game of this series, he's got to step it up a notch if nj is going to come back. I hope philly ends it tonight.

Bruins game was great, truly a battle between Rask and Miller. Boston is looking good, even if they don't make a deep run, they have our 2nd overall pick. I'm still loosing sleep over that, Kessel is a good player but in the long term Seguin and Hall will be better. Anyways, I'm going on a bit of rant here... GO PENS GO tonight! Finish off those sens!
I'd rather face the Canadiens than the Capitals in the second round. But I don't think Montreal can pull out two more games.
Phoenix really needs to pick up their play in the third period. They are right with Detroit, but a few small mistakes later they're down a couple goals late. Hopefully Doan's return on Sunday will spark them somehow!
(Apr. 24, 2010  3:04 PM)To Wrote: I'd rather face the Canadiens than the Capitals in the second round. But I don't think Montreal can pull out two more games.

Yeah, not likely. Washington will hopefully finish off those darn habs on monday.

And phoenix really got unlucky with detroit, because the wings suffered many injuries the first half of the season they were a lower seed.
(Apr. 24, 2010  9:11 PM)Beyonomics Wrote: Yeah, not likely. Washington will hopefully finish off those darn habs on monday.
Almost nobody here believes that they will get very far either anyway ...
(Apr. 24, 2010  9:11 PM)Beyonomics Wrote: And phoenix really got unlucky with detroit, because the wings suffered many injuries the first half of the season they were a lower seed.

Yeah, really. Of all the teams to face in their first time back in the playoffs since 2002!
Too bad for Colorado, and too bad the Pengus are still in it.
Dead desert dogs aren't so dead.