The Conduit (xbox graphics on wii)

i got used to the wii controls on codwaw pretty easily. i dont know why you didnt roan...
also, this games controls are FULLY customizable. so its impossible for you to not find a controls that fits your way of playing. and as brad said. connects your brain actions to the game as quickly as possible.
also we all are used to the regular controllers since forever. so thats why you dont find it hard, and thats why you feel you can press buttons without thinking. but the wii is still new. and non of us is used to it as much as he is used to the regular controllers. so if you play your wii constantly. you wont have to think about what to press.

in short: always use your wii to get used to it and feel its pure awesomeness!!!
You're missing the point entirely.

I shouldn't have to "get used to" motion controls. If they were any good I'd be able to catch on instantly and not have to re-work or customize the entire control scheme until I find something I'm comfortable with. That's ridiculous and I can't believe you're even suggesting that it might be better than traditional controllers and control schemes on PS3/360/PC.

There's a very good reason that the dual-stick controller has been around for so long. Wink
(May. 07, 2009  3:42 PM)pegasis Wrote: witch will make it more realastic than aiming with the analog stick. so its the most realistic until now. IMO
[Image: lightgun1.jpg]
[Image: DuckHuntBox.jpg]
Welcome to 1985.
(May. 07, 2009  6:11 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Roan hit the nail on the head. Ideally, the controller shouldn't be about imitating real life actions, it's about connecting brain actions to the game as quickly as possible. So, while it may be more "realistic" to aim a remote at a TV in order to replicate a gun, it's arguably less immersive. Game controllers have been designed so that everything is accessible to you at any time, that you can map your thoughts to buttons and connect it quickly.

Brad does make a lot of good points here, but I don't think motion controls/pointer etc for shooters are necessarily as complicated as Roan has said.

For example, in a game like Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 for Wii, one of the best (albeit bland) FPS games on the Wii, there was only three motion gestures (in multiplayer): throw grenade, twist Wii Remote to zoom for sniper, and reload. Aside from these two, and the pointer, everything else is mapped to the buttons. I honestly do not see how these could be considered "complicated" (zooming was a tad annoying, I will admit), or require any thought of any kind.

Traditional controls are great, no doubt, but playing an FPS on the Wii refreshes the genre in someways that traditional controls simply can not do.
^ this.
also if you dont like any of the motion control options. you can change it to all buttons mode and enjoy the pointer alone. as i said, the game controls is fully customizable.
(May. 07, 2009  10:30 PM)Kei Wrote: For example, in a game like Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 for Wii, one of the best (albeit bland) FPS games on the Wii, there was only three motion gestures (in multiplayer): throw grenade, twist Wii Remote to zoom for sniper, and reload. Aside from these two, and the pointer, everything else is mapped to the buttons. I honestly do not see how these could be considered "complicated" (zooming was a tad annoying, I will admit), or require any thought of any kind.

Twisting to zoom makes no sense ...
(May. 08, 2009  1:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Twisting to zoom makes no sense ...

Yeah, I know. I guess it would be better than pushing the Wii Remote towards the screen though haha. Then again, they could have made zoom Up and Down on the D-Pad, but I don't remember if they already had functions.
can you not click in the stick on the nunchaku
(May. 08, 2009  2:42 AM)Sam Wrote: can you not click in the stick on the nunchaku

Nope.
Yikes, it really doesn't bode well when even NINTENDO POWER is rating the game a 6.5

But yeah, not surprised. I'm sure most of the scores from other sites/mags will be in the same neighborhood.
how can they review it when it isnt released yet? Confused
(May. 18, 2009  4:14 PM)pegasis Wrote: how can they review it when it isnt released yet? Confused

Are you kidding me?

Publishers send out early review copies to most of the major press outlets so that they can play through the whole game, review it and then publish their review on or around the release date of the game.
oops guess i fell for that one lol

you honestly expect me to read a review (I don't as they are pointless, I can tell if I am going to buy a game before reviews even come out; critique is far more important) of a game that i care next to nothing about from a site which i care next to nothing about vs taking a quick glance at the score to see the general impression of the game then waiting for it to be talked about on podcasts that i listen to with people offering their valued (to me) opinion?

reviews are just carp stupid lmao

sam says:
that xXxGREYFOXxXxxXXXXXxxx guy can die
RO_A/N says:
Who?
sam says:
dude who did the gamespot.uk review of xXx_THE_CONDUIT_XxX
RO_A/N says:
Oh
RO_A/N says:
Yeah I saw that earlier
RO_A/N says:
carp retarded
sam says:
if people want to pay attention to the score how does that affect him in any way
sam says:
ooooh nooooo the retarded internet video game fans arent going to read the text of my conduit review bastion of games journalismmmmm
RO_A/N says:
lmfao
sam says:
reviews text or score are dumb
sam says:
excuse for fanboys to wahhhhh or xXxFUCKYAHxXx about a game they love/hate
sam says:
only use is when trying to figure out if a game that noone you know has played that you cant determine the quality from prerelease footage/screenshots whatever
sam says:
is worth giving a shot
RO_A/N says:
lol
RO_A/N says:
I gave up on that whole aspect of games a long time ago
RO_A/N says:
In no other medium do you find fanboys arguing over scores like they do for video games
RO_A/N says:
It's ridiculous
I read an interview with one of the guys from High Voltage. He goes on to say how they had to use a modified version of their PS2 High Voltage graphics engine because the Wii couldn't handle their PS3/360 engine.
(May. 21, 2009  6:11 PM)To Wrote: I read an interview with one of the guys from High Voltage. He goes on to say how they had to use a modified version of their PS2 High Voltage graphics engine because the Wii couldn't handle their PS3/360 engine.

lol
we all do know that wii isnt able to handle the ps3\360 graphics...
as long as its modified and looks similler to the 360\ps3 ones then am happy with it...
(May. 21, 2009  6:21 PM)pegasis Wrote: we all do know that wii isnt able to handle the ps3\360 graphics...
as long as its modified and looks similler to the 360\ps3 ones then am happy with it...

Yes, let's all settle for less!
(May. 21, 2009  6:11 PM)To Wrote: I read an interview with one of the guys from High Voltage. He goes on to say how they had to use a modified version of their PS2 High Voltage graphics engine because the Wii couldn't handle their PS3/360 engine.

Didn't they build a graphics engine specifically for the Wii or something?
^ya. that was what they first said... i donno what happened Confused
To can you link us to where you reads that?
http://wii.ign.com/articles/982/982962p1.html

Here is the one that states the engine for The Conduit is a PSP/PS2/PC/XBOX/Wii engine. I only skimmed through it so I'm not sure if it the same link where they say the Wii couldn't handle their other engine.
meh mario galaxy looked fine to me though it didnt have the "extreme super awesome HDgasism" of the 360 or PSTriple it turned out just fine (not justifying nintendos often comprimising actions) but the wii aint as bad as alot of 3rd parties make it seem but it could be better and just trying to mimic the other next gen's graphics aint gonna solve much id wish nintendo would smarten up and make the wii hybrid to please both type of gamers and listen more to the people