The Conduit (xbox graphics on wii)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8T0pB6VjK0
the trailer looks great. but am afraid they dont get enough sells out of it. this would be sad because they really worked hard on it Unhappy
(Apr. 17, 2009  8:43 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: it looks so bland
ugh

not trying to be a total bummer but i do not see what this game has going for it
there is nothing that draws me in,
even the atmosphere of the game looks hella cheesy.
Don't worry Pegasis, the developer has announced that they will be announcing two more cookie cutter FPS's at E3. If this game bombs I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull a DDI and just copy paste the code of this game with a swaping of character models.
(Apr. 30, 2009  7:14 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: not trying to be a total bummer but i do not see what this game has going for it
there is nothing that draws me in,
even the atmosphere of the game looks hella cheesy.

I just looked at it and sort of thought "why would people play this when there's halo, which already has a massive fan-base?"

I barely use my Wii at all anymore, except occasionally for guitar hero which to be honest, I could play on almost any other current system. =/

It's a shame because nintendo could have made something so much better but they went for the cash. D=
Halo-like game on Wii?
Hella yeah! (i'm easily pleased)
(May. 03, 2009  12:40 PM)Pikachao Wrote: I just looked at it and sort of thought "why would people play this when there's halo, which already has a massive fan-base?"

I barely use my Wii at all anymore, except occasionally for guitar hero which to be honest, I could play on almost any other current system. =/

It's a shame because nintendo could have made something so much better but they went for the cash. D=
they will play it for 2 main reasons:
1st and the most important one is the CONTROLS!
second: some people cant afford buying a 360 for halo3.
A 360 with a hard-drive is $20 more then a Wii. A 360 without a hard-drive is $70 less then a Wii. And besides, if you really wanted to play Halo, you would already own a 360 by now.

And if you want Halo on Wii, we already have it, it's called Onslaught, sure it's WiiWare but I wouldn't be surprised if Onslaught ends up being the better game between itself and The Conduit.
(May. 03, 2009  12:40 PM)Pikachao Wrote: It's a shame because nintendo could have made something so much better but they went for the cash. D=

Imagine, a company wanting money! How outrageous! Sony and Microsoft want money no less than Nintendo does. Nintendo simply chose the better route to that money.

(May. 03, 2009  1:17 PM)pegasis Wrote: they will play it for 2 main reasons:
1st and the most important one is the CONTROLS!

I really like FPS games on the Wii, so this is one of the main reasons why I am looking forward to this game.

(May. 03, 2009  9:31 PM)To Wrote: And if you want Halo on Wii, we already have it, it's called Onslaught, sure it's WiiWare but I wouldn't be surprised if Onslaught ends up being the better game between itself and The Conduit.

Onslaught? You're saying you wouldn't be surprised if Onslaught is better than The Conduit? Really? I haven't played Onslaught, but it looks a lot less uninspired than The Conduit (and that is saying something), both in art style and gameplay, and has nowhere near the amount of passion poured into it as HVS has put into The Conduit (this may be inconsequential as far as gameplay and such goes, but it does affect me at least)

Onslaught is an OK WiiWare game, but to say that it will even come close to The Conduit is ridiculous.
omg kei nobody is arguing nintendo isn't financially successful so please stop trotting out the tired business plan bs
(May. 04, 2009  3:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: omg kei nobody is arguing nintendo isn't financially successful so please stop trotting out the tired business plan bs

Pikachao was implying that Nintendo was the only company trying to make money. Which is not true. That is why I said something. It has nothing to do with me "trotting out the tired business plan bs" ...
i would say that nobody is dumb enough to believe that

however, it is pikachao
(May. 04, 2009  3:15 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i would say that nobody is dumb enough to believe that

however, it is pikachao

oh wow

Iceburn
Wow super cold there.

(May. 04, 2009  3:06 AM)Kei Wrote: Onslaught? You're saying you wouldn't be surprised if Onslaught is better than The Conduit? Really? I haven't played Onslaught, but it looks a lot less uninspired than The Conduit (and that is saying something), both in art style and gameplay, and has nowhere near the amount of passion poured into it as HVS has put into The Conduit (this may be inconsequential as far as gameplay and such goes, but it does affect me at least)

Onslaught is an OK WiiWare game, but to say that it will even come close to The Conduit is ridiculous.

Onslaught is a pretty cool game, don't knock it.

HVS reminds me a lot of GameCock, the Too Human guy, Molyneux(not a knock on Molyneux, since I like Fable 2, but he talks a lot),etc people and a company that talked a lot, but never really made the goods to match the talk. I'm weary of unknowns talking big so they can get noticed. Because often times had they not opened their mouth, no one would have cared about what they made. Even now they're still talking about how they're going to do stuff that is rarely seen on PS3, and 360 (to that I reply, "Shovelware?") instead of just allowing their game to do the talking for them.

You do something different and you get noticed without having to talk (Media Molecule). You do something unspectacular and you have to talk to get noticed.
This looks so much fun, it reminds me of CoD 4 but on Wii.
ya! the graphics look really good. it looks like you can kill other players fast like COD not like Halo.
(May. 06, 2009  1:40 PM)pegasis Wrote: ya! the graphics look really good.

Are you kidding me? This game looks like carp graphically, even as far as Wii games go.

[Image: screenshot_164-conduit.jpg]

[Image: screenshot_133-conduit.jpg]

get out
wow! those look carp... they didnt look like this in the video Confused
lets just wait for the game to get released.
and sk. they said it will be similar to 360 graphics not me.
Remember the talking?

I've been more impressed with visuals on the PSP, and PS2 then this. So the question is, when's the PS2 port? hehehehehe
killzone 1 looked better than that
I realize the wii is all about casual play and has given game visuals a bit of a backseat.

But seriously this thing looks worse than Xbox games released years ago. There is no excuse for this, it's pitiful.
you can't get away with graphics that poor unless your art direction is brilliant

i guess the conduit is screwed