The Conduit (xbox graphics on wii)

That's probably an understatement.

That too great art direction doesn't always translate into profits. They're going to need a really good marketing department to hit their break-even point.
That is awful. Odd as well, because I thought I remembered seeing other screenshots of The Conduit that looked MUCH better graphically.

That being said, the game does appear to be solid, but it is hard to judge right now.
I wouldn't be surprised partway through development they realized they were running out of funds and had to cut corners.
Joystiq hands-on with The Conduit online multiplayer Wrote:the visuals were clearly not on par with the offline campaign's.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/joysti...ltiplayer/

So, I'm not losing it. The graphics are indeed worse in the online component compared to the single player campaign.
(May. 07, 2009  1:35 AM)Kei Wrote: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/joysti...ltiplayer/

So, I'm not losing it. The graphics are indeed worse in the online component compared to the single player campaign.

They suck in both modes so whatever.
It's sad that this thing will sell better then Klonoa. A game that is good, unique, and captivating coupled with good visuals. If you have a Wii and need something to play (meaning everyone who has a Wii) pick up Klonoa (it's only $30 in the US) and wait for Red Steel 2 instead of this. Klonoa's a hardcore title that isn't rated M or about Head Shots, thus it will bomb. This is about the boom headshots, thus atleast 500,000 worldwide is a given.
but we have to support HVS. they might do better things in the future.
and who told you this one sucks. believe me you will be shocked when it get released.
(May. 07, 2009  6:36 AM)pegasis Wrote: but we have to support HVS. they might do better things in the future.
and who told you this one sucks. believe me you will be shocked when it get released.

omg give it a rest already

everything is pointing to this game being all hype but mediocre at best
(May. 07, 2009  6:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: omg give it a rest already

everything is pointing to this game being all hype but mediocre at best

This.

I'm predicting 6's and 7's (out of 10, obviously) at best when the reviews hit for this game.
(May. 06, 2009  4:31 PM)SK Wrote: [Image: 1241622253185.jpg]

[Image: 1241622901952.jpg]

lol "xbox 360" graphics

idk looks about right to me

[Image: betrayel.jpg]
Yeah that video is a perfect example of why shooters will never work on Wii. Look at him flailing around.

I'm sorry but anyone who prefers using motion controls in a shooter is on crack.
because your weapon is flailing around playing shooters with the wiimote is bad Confused are you gonna miss the awesome pointer that makes the shooter games as most realistic as possible just for this silly reason.
your wrong roan.
(May. 07, 2009  7:04 AM)pegasis Wrote: because your weapon is flailing around playing shooters with the wiimote is bad Confused are you gonna miss the awesome pointer that makes the shooter games as most realistic as possible just for this silly reason.
your wrong roan.

finally, gaming is real

*game looks like a ps2 game*
*throws hovering orb at monster thing*
brad i wasnt talking about this game in particular! i was talking about wiimote and "shooters on wii"
roan said that all shooters wont work with the wiimote sooo.....
(May. 07, 2009  7:04 AM)pegasis Wrote: because your weapon is flailing around playing shooters with the wiimote is bad Confused are you gonna miss the awesome pointer that makes the shooter games as most realistic as possible just for this silly reason.
your wrong roan.

hahahah

You read my post wrong -- I don't dislike motion controls because they make you look stupid while you play, I couldn't care less about that.

I dislike motion controls for shooters because they seem really unneeded and frivolous. When I said "look at him flailing around" I was pointing out the fact that he seems confused, doesn't know what motions do what and what buttons to press.

Point is, motion controls are supposedly there to simplify gaming, when more often than not they do nothing but complicate it further in games like this.
even if its more complicated.
its so much more fun than regular controllers. especially in shooters.
admit it!
(May. 07, 2009  7:11 AM)pegasis Wrote: even if its more complicated.
its so much more fun than regular controllers. especially in shooters.
admit it!

pegasis i swear SHUT UP. i am sick of watching you try to force everyone to like the same carp you like. you don't get to just say everyone's dissenting opinion is regardless. just get out if this is how you're going to be
am not trying to convince him Confused
wiimote being realistic for shooters is a fact.
am just seing what is his opinion about this.

sorry.
(May. 07, 2009  7:23 AM)pegasis Wrote: wiimote being realistic for shooters is a fact.

no it's not

you don't know what the difference between a fact and an opinion is
(May. 07, 2009  7:23 AM)pegasis Wrote: wiimote being realistic for shooters is a fact.

Have you ever held a gun?! o.o
The only similarity is that you have to aim by pointing.
witch will make it more realastic than aiming with the analog stick. so its the most realistic until now. IMO
(May. 07, 2009  3:42 PM)pegasis Wrote: witch will make it more realastic than aiming with the analog stick. so its the most realistic until now. IMO

this is like claiming that the act of sitting down is more analogous to riding a real horse than standing up straight

neither of them recreate the experience with any sort of realism
I don't care about realism when it comes to controls in video games. I care about convenience and ease of use. If a game's controls suck then it generally lessens the fun of the game. You shouldn't have to consciously think about what buttons to press when you're playing a game. If a game has good controls then you should forget that you're even holding a controller while you play.

I'm definitely not opposed to innovation when it comes to controls, but motion controls for shooters just seem to complicate the experience. (In my experience with Red Steel and Metroid Prime 3)
Roan hit the nail on the head. Ideally, the controller shouldn't be about imitating real life actions, it's about connecting brain actions to the game as quickly as possible. So, while it may be more "realistic" to aim a remote at a TV in order to replicate a gun, it's arguably less immersive. Game controllers have been designed so that everything is accessible to you at any time, that you can map your thoughts to buttons and connect it quickly.