The Best Height for Meteo L-Drago (During This Metagame)

Poll: Meteo L-Drago works best on which height?

27.47%
10.99%
CH120
32.97%
14.29%
This thread was helpful Grin
10.99%
This thread isn't helpful at all.
3.30%
Total: 100% 91 vote(s)
*OP is being Updated.

Users of Meteo L-Drago is usually confused on the choices of using tracks for their combo. So, this thread is to help you Avid Meteo L-Drago users.

On the other side, there is an hot debate between Heights for Meteo L-Drago. Dan keeps saying CH120 is the best, whereas momiji manju says Meteo is bad above 100 Height. There isn't any testings to prove this, so i test them and prove which height is the best. I will do testings for 135 track and for the other versions of L-Drago II Clear Wheel only if requested.

Equipment
BB-10 Attack Stadium
Beylauncher L [Beylauncher Rubber included]
Beylauncher [Beylauncher Rubber included]
3 Segment Launchergrip [Beylauncher L]
Beypointer Launchergrip [Beylauncher]
Grip Rubber [Both Launchergrip]

Basic Notes
L-Drago II is Absorb Version.
Meteo L-Drago is in Assault Mode
LTDC stands for Low Track Defense Combo
MTDC stands for Mid Track Defense Combo
HTDC stands for High Track Defense Combo

85/90 Track (Click to View)

100/105 Track (Click to View)

CH120 Track (Click to View)

CH145/145 Track (Click to View)

When using CH120 (Primary track for Meteo.),120 height should be used when battling a 145-height defensive bey, and 145 height in all other circumstances. Feel free to discuss, and post your results/tests here. Thanks.

Other's Members Testing: (Click to View)

Which Part of Meteo L-Drago is the Smash coming from? (Click to View)
Were there any draws since Meteo has spin steal? Seems that momiji manju was wrong about low height MLD.
Meteo on RF does Spin Steal. Since there is more friction on RF then WB/CS, Meteo L-Drago fails to makes draw.. It makes Draw by its smash.
tanx for da tests!
But when I use my Meteo for attack, the rubber constantly softens the blow, therefore resulting in a small knock amiright?
I knew I was right, thank you for supporting me! I shall conduct my own tests but right now with LTDC's we're on par. :V
Actually, the Rubber has more smash than Meteo XD. If you did tests, you will realize that your didn't heard metal clashing, the the defensive beyblade got KO'd, so its the rubber! Yup dan, you were right. 145 is the best Height for Meteo :3 .
I did hear it yes. If contact was ever made with Meteo, it produced less smash than the rubber CW.
You should probably mention that when using CH120 (Primary track for Meteo.) That 120 height should be used when battling a 145-height defensive bey, and 145 height in all other circumstances, no? Saying 'CH120 or 145 are the best tracks' is kind of redundant and not completely true because of what I said above. I think we should stick with CH120 only. :V
Edit: Wait.. Assault mode? I thought Barrage mode was best? (Golden part)
The l-drago head its on the gold metal.. i think its assault. I will reword it Dan. Thanks Dan. Do you want me to test 125 and 135?
Yeah, just in case.
Test against MF-H Basalt 230CS, the actually combo it will most likely come up against when challenging for the title?
I don't have Basalt. If anyone of you own MF-H Basalt ____ 230CS, please test it against Meteo L-Drago CH120/CH145/145R2F/RF/LRF!
I like how these tests completely contradict all prior testing.

I'll try this out as well, except with D125/125 and AD/145
(Mar. 18, 2011  11:16 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: I don't have Basalt. If anyone of you own MF-H Basalt ____ 230CS, please test it against Meteo L-Drago CH120/CH145/145R2F/RF/LRF!

need testings against short heights?
Tests. Credits to ZenSkyStars for doing it. (He is my real life friend)

Meteo L-Drago CH145/145LRF Vs MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS
Meteo L-Drago: 5 wins (2 OS, 3 KO)
MF-H Basalt Bull: 5 wins (5 OS, 0 KO)
1 Draw
Win Percentage: 50%

I think this proves Meteo is good?
(Mar. 18, 2011  2:02 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Tests. Credits to ZenSkyStars for doing it. (He is my real life friend)

Meteo L-Drago CH145/145LRF Vs MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS
Meteo L-Drago: 5 wins (2 OS, 3 KO)
MF-H Basalt Bull: 5 wins (5 OS, 0 KO)
1 Draw
Win Percentage: 50%

I think this proves Meteo is good?

Meteo has always been amazing. I knew this would be the answer to Basalt but when I posted my combo, no one wanted to listen.
(Mar. 18, 2011  11:21 AM)momiji manju Wrote: I like how these tests completely contradict all prior testing.

I'll try this out as well, except with D125/125 and AD/145
I don't recall anyone saying lower heights was best. I don't think anyone had ever even used Meteo at CH120, so everyone thought it implied that it was best at the original tested heights..
I'll like seeing your results! :]
Fifty percent makes Meteo L Drago good ? I do not know about you, but I have horrible luck, so on fifty percent I necessarily fall on the half that makes me lose, especially if there are only three to five battles.
thanks a lot! I was under the wrong impression that Metoe was at its best with low tracks...
(Mar. 18, 2011  4:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Fifty percent makes Meteo L Drago good ? I do not know about you, but I have horrible luck, so on fifty percent I necessarily fall on the half that makes me lose, especially if there are only three to five battles.

At least it can beat/draw with Basalt. Other beys can't do it IMO. Especially those in Top-Tier. It depend on skills and launching.
Basalt 230 is absolutely unbeatable otherwise ? Nothing close to fifty percent or more ?
I am pretty sure that if Meteo got 50% that Lightning and Gravity would only do better.
(Mar. 18, 2011  4:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Basalt 230 is absolutely unbeatable otherwise ? Nothing close to fifty percent or more ?

I think so. You should confirm with the Veteran members though.
Meteo is not on the same level as Lightning or even Gravity and IIRC didn't Kei's Basalt and Pocky's Gravity Perseus collide at the last tournament? I don't remember who it played out for but I can only assume it was Kei due to the fact that he placed first and Pocky placed second.. If that tells you anything, which I doubt.
Ya. There isn't tests to prove Lightning and Gravity does better against MF-H Basalt 230CS. Anyways, this is going off topic Gasp . Someone should do it and make a new thread or post it at the MFB Tiers list.
Hmm, not sure how suddenly everyone is getting the opposite results, but some short testing:

standard testing conditions.

MF Meteo L drago 85RF VS MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS
MF Meteo L drago 85RF: 7/10 2KO
MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS: 3/10 1KO

MF Meteo L drago D125RF VS MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS
MF Meteo L drago D125RF: 2/10 2KO
MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS: 8/10 1KO

MF Meteo L drago 145RF VS MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS
MF Meteo L drago 145RF: 2/10 2KO
MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS: 8/10 0KO

Yeah, I'm still getting results in favour of the low track, although I will say that the rubber seems to really mute the attack of Meteo IMO.

I'll reiterate myself when saying that the rubber can't give any smash attack due to absorbtion and from what I see, seems to stop Meteo in it's tracks for a second.

I do believe, that Meteo's smash attack comes from the slopes of plastic on the dragon's heads.

Also, spin equalising capabilities are compromised on higher heights as the balance is affected, causing Meteo to fall and stop spinning by floor scraping.