Taking care of your equipment

Poll: Do you take care of your beyblade equipment?

Yes.
57.14%
Kinda.
36.61%
NOPE.
6.25%
Total: 100% 112 vote(s)
I polish my MW's each week which metal polish and wash my stadiums every...five....hours Pinching_eyes_2 Stupid pet hair!
I kinda take care of my beyblades and equipment because I clean my beyblades with toothpaste every three months. Also because I beyblade for 30 minutes or longer a day, I examine my beyblades by taking them apart looking for cracks and other signs of breakage problems.
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, but I didnt see any other place it might fit., but anyways, I got a wolborg ms out of a trade today, and his bearing core shaft is bent slightly. Anyway I could fix it? And is this a regilar problem with this RC?
(Mar. 07, 2012  3:03 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, but I didnt see any other place it might fit., but anyways, I got a wolborg ms out of a trade today, and his bearing core shaft is bent slightly. Anyway I could fix it? And is this a regilar problem with this RC?

We have a thread called "Manufacturing Errors with your Bey". If you did not get this NIB, then it belongs in "Ask a Question, Get an Answer".
My LL2 is starting to grind... trying to do everything to make sure it doesn't break Tired
I have a box that holds 40 Beyblades, keeps them upright and everything, so they don't hit each other like before when I just dumped them in my PTW. I have 42 Beyblades but (luckily?) two of them are broken, haha. I should get metal polish but never end up doing so. I did use goo-gone where I had removed the stickers on my older clear wheels, just because they looked ugly. Other than that, once in a while I would clean my stadium with a wet paper towel. By the way, I'm an idiot, how should I remove the static electricity from my stadium? I always get pieces of my carpet on the bottom, haha. Launchers go in my box, grips too, no harm there. I make sure to not use my Light Launchers often because I don't want too many of them to get grinded down, and Beylaunchers I put tape on the handles because I've explained this before. I use my Beyblades though, I don't care if I make them dull, I bought them to play with! If I want them to be more shiny I'll polish them, but don't, haha!

Oh my, the thought of putting care into children's toys kinda makes me laugh? Haha
Money was spent on the objects. The only funny thing is how hilariously stupid someone is to try and argue against taking care of them no matter what they are.
(Mar. 04, 2012  12:17 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2012  10:54 AM)blah Wrote: PS. I want to shine my metal wheels to make them look nice.
But I can't be bothered to go out and buy the necessary tools. D:

I use JIF Cream to polish my metal wheels. Fast and Easy. All you need is like a cloth or something as well.. ^__^
Woolworths, Coles and those branded places usually sell those. Also, you need to wash it after. Here's what it looks like:

When you said JIF cream ally I could think of was Peanut butter, and in my head all thought was washing a bey with Peanut Butter !!!! >Gasp
(Apr. 17, 2012  1:46 AM)TriSix Wrote: When you said JIF cream ally I could think of was Peanut butter, and in my head all thought was washing a bey with Peanut Butter !!!! >Gasp

Here, I've requoted that for you:
(Mar. 04, 2012  12:17 PM)Cannon Wrote: I use JIF Cream to polish my metal wheels. Fast and Easy. All you need is like a cloth or something as well.. ^__^
Woolworths, Coles and those branded places usually sell those. Also, you need to wash it after. Here's what it looks like:
dows oothpaste really do the trick in making the metal wheels shiny??
I finally got around to getting my launcher grip cleaned of those nasty sticker residue, Its amazing how much can be done with a toothbrush and some soap (lysol hand soap btw)
I've had a gravity destroyers mask break during battle, put a drop of super glue and now you can't even notice where it had broken. I also have a 6yo nephew we recently on nice days go to the park put a stadium in the sand box and pretend were in the desert battling. so that being said I wash the stadiums. rinse the beys and blow dry them( b careful blowdrying them. don't blast the heat and don't put the dryer to close to the beys)
All of the LR string launchers ive had broke( split string, gear knot,sting shortened?)
im not one for really taking care of my stuff in general but when it comes to my lightning l-drago, i don't let anything happen to it. i clean it's metal face and wheel with gluetack regulary (works very well acturlly, take a minute and it's all shiny). i do this ocasonaly with other metal parts but not as much as l-drago.
I'm usually finicky about cleanliness and natural wear, so I try to keep all of my stuff in a closed box. That way, even when it's under my bed it doesn't collect dust. I don't know how much or even if the dust would impact performance (Or even if it'd be hard to clean off), but I always want to be safe than sorry.

As for cleaning, I never wash parts with stickers on them. it's common sense, really: if you pour rushing water on something adhesive like a sticker, it's either going to wear, or it's going to fall off. For those parts I just use a barely-damp towel and wipe the parts clean.
I can tell you what NOT to use on your beys. Sunblock. Makes the material sticky and easily breakable.
(Jul. 27, 2012  2:34 PM)FlamingFury Wrote: I can tell you what NOT to use on your beys. Sunblock. Makes the material sticky and easily breakable.

... aand why exactly would you feel the need to put sunblock on your beyblades? Its not like they're going to get tanned :\
(Jul. 27, 2012  2:36 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2012  2:34 PM)FlamingFury Wrote: I can tell you what NOT to use on your beys. Sunblock. Makes the material sticky and easily breakable.

... aand why exactly would you feel the need to put sunblock on your beyblades? Its not like they're going to get tanned :\

I diddnt put sunblock on my beys. My sister did

No, really?

It's to bad that doesn't work, cause' I don't want my bey getting sunburned.Pinching_eyes_2
A good way to clean your beys is to take the bey completely apart, put the parts on a paper towel, get some red solo cups, put the separate parts in them. For parts where you can remove other materials(ex. RF), or even the same material(ex. SW145) do it for cleaning.

for plastic parts: get warm water, with a few drops of hand soap, and 1 drop of dish soap.
for metal parts: get hot water, with at least 5 drops of dish soap.
for rubber parts: get cold/warm water, with a few drops of dish soap.
for metal/plastic parts: get warm water, with 1 drop of hand soap, and 1 drop of dish soap.
for plastic/rubber parts: get cold/warm water, with 3 drops of hand soap, and 2 drops of dish soap.
Wash for at least 5 minutes than use q-tips with 75% alcohol on the separate parts. Rince thouraly in very cold water. Place the parts calmly on a paper towel in front of a heater. Turn the heater on low. After the parts are dry keep them in front of the heater for another few minutes. This is known as heat theropy and it slightly increases the beys preformance. WARNING: the bey will becomee demented if heated too long at once.
Yo bro, that is good to know, but your launch is so slow beating me is a no no. Anyway, this is a nice thread. I really really don't wish it could be dead.
I usually wash my beyblades with brasso before doing battles and going to tournaments. but i usually break my dtring launchers so far i have broke around 9 Unhappy or more
(Feb. 23, 2012  2:35 AM)ModdedAPegasus Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2012  2:22 AM)Cookies^^ Wrote: I don't wash my beys because they will rust. However, I wash my attack stadium often to clean it from the dust and other stuff it collects over time.
Beyblades don't get rusty
Um, do you know that the metal or 4d energy ring *only Ldrago destroy* . And beside all metalic stuff get rusted when not oiled not washed for too long:3
I simply polish my metal wheels with metal polish monthly, and I also clean my rubber bottoms after many uses. Also, I clean my attack stadium weekly, and I really do take care of my beyblade parts. Ive only broken about 3 bey parts in the past 2 years. Wink
I try not to drop any of my beys nor let them spin on concrete. And also not spin on roads. try not to let them be damage or broke.