Takara to revive Beyblade, new tops and anime forthcoming.

Tamer Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:Well to be fair, you can't expect everyone who used to be into the game five years ago to be pissing themselves with excitement at this announcement.

this is the BEYBLADE HOBBY forum so i would imagine that most people posting in here would excited (or otherwise they should probably get out)

Fine, I get what you're saying.

Peace.
honestly hasbro were just dumbasses. they shot themselves in the foot. had they a tournament system setup, it would no doubt in my mind made way more money. but takara did too(not just with beyblade) and then were bought by Tomy.

valid point none the less roan. the: "Hasbro factor".
think though it be realistic to wait a year- 2 years to relaunch in North America, after all marketing, tooling and dubbing is accounted for.
Roan Wrote:I'm curious to see how this pans out. Just because Takara is reviving the series in Japan, does that mean Hasbro will pick it up again too? Would it even be worth it to bring the game back to North America? If I recall correctly, Hasbro lost a huge chunk of money on Beyblade there towards the end so are they willing to revive and re-market the series again?

I mean obviously there are ways to import in case they don't, but you have to admit, the series doesn't have much hope if it isn't picked up and licensed for markets outside of Japan.

There are a lot of questions left to be answered and despite the rather substantial evidence to back up the claim, I'm still not entirely sure I believe this is going to happen.

I would like to address the rest of this.

First of all, this is happening; it was released as an official press release by Takara-Tomy and was run in newspapers in Japan. There is no doubt to its legitimacy.

As per Hasbro picking up the series again, my guess is they will. I would like to think they will, and perhaps learn from the mistakes of their management last time. Of course there's a strong possibility they will absolutely not do this.

Either way I am not too worried if Hasbro picks it up or not. Obviously I would prefer it if they would, but even if it is just an import hobby it still adds a lot of sustainability, especially compared to what we have now.

As for the series having no hope if it does not reach markets outside of Japan; completely untrue. Many of Takara-Tomy's products exist only inside Japan or Eastern Asia. There is a large enough market for these kinds of items there -- much larger than North America or Europe -- for these lines to be sustained without our contribution.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I'm curious to see how this pans out. Just because Takara is reviving the series in Japan, does that mean Hasbro will pick it up again too? Would it even be worth it to bring the game back to North America? If I recall correctly, Hasbro lost a huge chunk of money on Beyblade there towards the end so are they willing to revive and re-market the series again?

I mean obviously there are ways to import in case they don't, but you have to admit, the series doesn't have much hope if it isn't picked up and licensed for markets outside of Japan.

There are a lot of questions left to be answered and despite the rather substantial evidence to back up the claim, I'm still not entirely sure I believe this is going to happen.

As for the series having no hope if it does not reach markets outside of Japan; completely untrue. Many of Takara-Tomy's products exist only inside Japan or Eastern Asia. There is a large enough market for these kinds of items there -- much larger than North America or Europe -- for these lines to be sustained without our contribution.

I'm sure it'll do just fine within Japan and Asia -- I don't doubt that at all. But I'm saying, if the product isn't released by a major manufacturer outside of Japan, Beyblade likely won't see the revival in popularity you're all hoping it will.

I don't think there are too many people left interested in importing. There were quite a few people in the community way back when the game was at its peak who weren't importing and relied solely on Hasbro's releases to get their products.

Of course no matter what happens outside of Japan the hardcore audience are getting what they want, and that's reason to be excited sure, but I really don't know if this is going to bring the franchise back in full force.

When did it become a crime to be skeptical? To hell with that, I'm not even being skeptical here, its more along the lines of cautious optimism. Its not that I don't want to see the game come back swinging, because I'd love for that to happen. Its just that I don't know if the series carries the same weight that it used to. I mean, this isn't a universally popular line like Transformers that we're talking about here. In the grand scheme of toys, Beyblade is pretty niche. :\
I still think there is enough potential in Beyblade for someone to pick up the license. If Hasbro doesn't, another company will for sure.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I still think there is enough potential in Beyblade for someone to pick up the license. If Hasbro doesn't, another company will for sure.

Like who?

What toy maker outside of Hasbro these days has the bank to invest in something risky like this?

Mattell? Please. They're too busy making High School Musical and Hannah Mantana.
Roan Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:I still think there is enough potential in Beyblade for someone to pick up the license. If Hasbro doesn't, another company will for sure.

Like who?

What toy maker outside of Hasbro these days has the bank to invest in something risky like this?

Mattell? Please. They're too busy making High School Musical and Hannah Mantana.

There are smaller companies who would die to get a sleeper hit like Beyblade. Spin Master, for example.
If the anime gets dubbed I see no reason why Hasbro wouldn't get it back on the go.

Beyblade was the carp while the anime was going.
roan i love you but skepticism hurts.

i want to be blinddddd
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

Like who?

There are smaller companies who would die to get a sleeper hit like Beyblade. Spin Master, for example.

All in all, Hasbro couldn't have lost money on Beyblade considering over 15 million were reportedly sold in the US alone. Hasbro hasn't had such a hot franchise since Beyblade as far as I've seen and I think they'd be willing to give Beyblade another try.
The only thing I can see discouraging Hasbro is the failure of the B-Daman line Pinching_eyes

Mattel could totally pick up Beyblade. They've got the money and resources.

However, I can say it may be a year or two till this gets picked up for distribution in the US due to just general trends with Japanese franchises and due to the expected decrease in toy sales this holiday season due to additional costs being put on toy companies to inspect their products and rising price of living expenses due to oil prices.

I am not sure if it exists anymore, after the Takara-Tomy merger, but Takara did have a US branch (Takara USA) and if they are still around, they themselves could work on distributing this new Bey line (though it'd be harder than having a bigger company handling it)

We'll see.
Blue Wrote:honestly hasbro were just dumbasses. they shot themselves in the foot. had they a tournament system setup, it would no doubt in my mind made way more money.

I agree with this, and think this is true.

As an example, look at the Pokemon TCG. At first it was a big sudden flash, then the flash faded, but now, the game is staying steady with plenty of fans. Nintendo now has a branch for the TCG alone to support tournaments and have better initiatives for participating in leagues and big tournaments (big prizes etc).

If the tournament system was run properly and with enthusiastic volunteers, I think it would be very successful. A bunch of hired judges that don't want to do carp worth won't make the tournaments and competitive game any fun.

Yes I'm sure some of you will be all "josh is just saying lots of words blah blah blah", but the explanation above is a good example of good competitive tournament support = profit (and more fun for those who will play).
------

I am wondering if there will be design contests again and if it will be open to all countries.
I totally agree with the Pokemon TCG example. I've looked into it before and if I still had time to play, the leagues/tournaments they've set up would surely add a lot of fun, and longevity to the hobby.
Holy sh**!!!!!!! I can't believe it, finally, its back. But I hope the blades are compatible w/ the old ones.
w00t.

Yes this is all I have to say.
i don't know why

but i want to like, buy all of these when they come out and go crazy about beyblades
Yes, bugturtles hit it on the money. Once we get more information about this we should contact Hasbro BEFORE they wreck things.
i guessing that it will be called the t series cuz like Dragoon Tornado makes sense ,right?
if there is a world champion contest will someone tell me?
XEvilTysonX Wrote:if there is a world champion contest will someone tell me?

don't worry bro we are looking out for you on this one
Roan Wrote:You'd think I'd be more excited about this, but I'm really not.

I hate to say it, but I've grown out of beyblade and despite the fact its coming back, which don't get me wrong is cool and all, I don't think I'll be participating. :\

same, i might give the the anime a chance though (i normally don't watch anime but i would like to see how in develops after g-rev)
though i'm happy that this community will most likely get more members as a result of this Smile

oh and LOL @ brad's last post before mine
Roan Wrote:I'm sure it'll do just fine within Japan and Asia -- I don't doubt that at all.

Even if you don't doubt it, I certainly do doubt it. I would think having first hand experience in South East Asia would boost the validity of this statement.

Tamer Brad Wrote:As per Hasbro picking up the series again, my guess is they will. I would like to think they will, and perhaps learn from the mistakes of their management last time. Of course there's a strong possibility they will absolutely not do this.

Either way I am not too worried if Hasbro picks it up or not. Obviously I would prefer it if they would, but even if it is just an import hobby it still adds a lot of sustainability, especially compared to what we have now.

I wonder if they'll redo Beyblade.com xD THAT would be interesting to see.

This community ought to take charge of Hasbro's publicity and online interface.
TopBlade Wrote:ok, I Found this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyblade#Se....282008.29
They say they just going to make the HMS BeyBlades

whoever wrote that is clearly just an idiot who read the press release

It said the new Beyblades would be metal, but it said nothing about HMS. I doubt Takara would use the same system that already failed.
the HMS may have contained metal but there was still a good amount of plastic. these new blades will most likely be a new system