Takara dual launcher

So... I finally have one of those Taka dual string launcher, it works amazing, but, since is my new baby i wanna take a propper care of it, so... Here is my question, is better for the mechanism to let go at the end of the pulling or is ir better to hold the string and return it in a more gentle way? I have noticed that by holding the string at the end of the Launch, the mechanism is dealt too much force.
I'm not sure what's the "proper" way to launch with it, but i will warn you that the newer heavier beys will destroy your launcher very quickly.

I'm not sure what you can do to avoid it, but both of mine are practically dead after about a week of launching with the latest beys. (aH, hS, rP etc)
(Aug. 10, 2018  4:01 AM)Crumok Wrote: I'm not sure what's the "proper" way to launch with it, but i will warn you that the newer heavier beys will destroy your launcher very quickly.

I'm not sure what you can do to avoid it, but both of mine are practically dead after about a week of launching with the latest beys. (aH, hS, rP etc)

wow, i will consider it, i got rp and hs better be careful
(Aug. 10, 2018  4:01 AM)Crumok Wrote: I'm not sure what's the "proper" way to launch with it, but i will warn you that the newer heavier beys will destroy your launcher very quickly.

i have many versions of the beylauncher LR, this isn’t true for me.

they handle heavy combos great.

—- 

as far as launching technique 
you want to grab the pull handle just hard enough 
so once you reach the full length of the pull,
the pull handle automatically slips out of your fingers and snaps back into the launcher

also, when launching at full power
do not instantly apply your full strength to the launcher, pulling straight out.
this will wear down the clutch behind the prongs, shortening the life of the launcher

instead, pull slightly angling up then shifting to angling straight out, in one motion (at full power)
this momentary variance allows the bey to build momentum rather than just skipping right away

—-

lastly, if you are looking for illegal mods,
open up the launcher and spray exactly two light puffs of aerosol silcone lubricant spray over the internals
from about 8-12 inches away.  this extends the life of the launcher.

finally, if you transplant the string and spring assembly from the b-99 beylauncher L (not the regular beylaunchers) you will gain nearly three full rotations and will absolutely hammer everyone with stationary attack combos.  this is illegal for tournaments, but worth doing just for fun at home.
(Aug. 10, 2018  5:16 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:

—- 

so once you reach the full length of the pull
the pull handle automatically slips out of your fingers and snaps back into the launcher

do not instantly apply your full strength to the launcher, pulling straight out.
this will wear down the clutch behind the prongs, shortening the life of the launcher

instead, pull slightly angling up then shifting to angling straight out, in one motion (at full power)
this momentary variance allows the bey to build momentum rather than just skipping right away

—-

open up the launcher and spray exactly two light puffs of aerosol silcone spray over the internals

finally, if you transplant the string and spring assembly from the b-99 beylauncher L (not the regular beylaunchers) you will gain nearly three full rotations and will absolutely hammer everyone with stationary attack combos.  this is illegal for tournaments, but worth doing just for fun at home.

Thank you so much for the advices.
(Aug. 10, 2018  5:16 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:

—- 

—-

open up the launcher and spray exactly two light puffs of aerosol silcone lubricant spray over the internals

As a fairly new blader myself, this is interesting. 

I've never had grinding problems with the god beys or the originals before. It really only started happening with the cho z beys. But I've always pulled straight and hard. (in most cases anyways) I didn't know angling upwards at the start would make any difference.

So you have no grinding problems at all with the cho z beys? If not, how long does it take until the grinding starts for you? I'm sure it varies from user to user depending on how much/long you play, but I'm curious.
(Aug. 10, 2018  6:17 PM)Crumok Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2018  5:16 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i have many versions of the beylauncher LR, this isn’t true for me.

—- 

—-

As a fairly new blader myself, this is interesting. 

I've never had grinding problems with the god beys or the originals before. It really only started happening with the cho z beys. But I've always pulled straight and hard. (in most cases anyways) I didn't know angling upwards at the start would make any difference.

So you have no grinding problems at all with the cho z beys? If not, how long does it take until the grinding starts for you? I'm sure it varies from user to user depending on how much/long you play, but I'm curious.

i mentioned the angling in the context of max power launches
that implies there are other useful launch strengths

it’s actually very rare that i need to launch at max power
you are free to do what you want, but you’re destroying your own equipment

—-

further, the big idea is that you want to allow the bey to build momentum on the prongs
rather than instant full blast max power, the beyblauncher LR launcher simply doesn’t like that 
(none do, really)

what i mentioned about the angling (it’s really more of a slight arching, fwiw) works great for me.  but the big picture of building momentum can be done many ways

1 of my B-88s is still fine after a few months even with the latest heavy beys, but the first one I bought started skipping on the launch after about 2-3 weeks.  Heavy beys do put more pressure on to damage or put out of shape the plastic internals of the prong mechanism especially with hard launches.  So often peoples' B-88s will begin to click when attaching the bey, & skip when launching.  Search under my name or threads talking about B-88 launcher problems to see how I addressed the problem with bits of folded paper jammed inside the prong housing.  I don't have the skipping on launch anymore after hundreds of max power launches with heavy beys, & the paper if thick enough, prevents the bey from clicking when you are twisting to attach it.  

I also recently bought a couple of Hasbro Dual Threat launchers, the first one's spring came loose after only a few launches, so the string did not retract at all.  It happened when I launched L3 on it (after trying lighter beys first).  I had to use a tweezer to curl the middle of the spring back into a small ball shape to fit back onto the plastic middle twisting bit, then realign the spring bits back in place & wind the spring up 7-8 turns.  After this, like new, no problem with either Hasbro launcher, even with heavy beys.  But if clicking or skipping starts to appear on the Hasbro ones, I don't think I would be able to open up the prong mechanism as it is held tight with a metal rivet, rather than plastic that pops off when you carefully pull hard to get the prong mechanism off in TT's B-88.  

I find though that I get better control (& even more power) than Dual Threats, using the Hasbro Supergrip launcher cord & the left or right (red or blue) launcher that came with the dual layer beys (not Switchstrike).  The ripcord from the Supergrip launcher seems to have stronger teeth that don't deform, compared with the standard or even switchstrike launchers.

But of course the string launchers are way more convenient, eliminating the extra step of loading the ripcord before launch.
well, i don’t worry about my launchers wearing out, since I just use the hasbro switchstrike ones, so if I break one, I got plenty more lol

idk about launching techniques to help make your launcher last longer, only thing I can think of is just to not launch as hard as you can.
(Aug. 15, 2018  1:22 AM)TCBlading Wrote: 1 of my B-88s is still fine after a few months even with the latest heavy beys, but the first one I bought started skipping on the launch after about 2-3 weeks.  Heavy beys do put more pressure on to damage or put out of shape the plastic internals of the prong mechanism especially with hard launches.  So often peoples' B-88s will begin to click when attaching the bey, & skip when launching.  Search under my name or threads talking about B-88 launcher problems to see how I addressed the problem with bits of folded paper jammed inside the prong housing.  I don't have the skipping on launch anymore after hundreds of max power launches with heavy beys, & the paper if thick enough, prevents the bey from clicking when you are twisting to attach it.  

I also recently bought a couple of Hasbro Dual Threat launchers, the first one's spring came loose after only a few launches, so the string did not retract at all.  It happened when I launched L3 on it (after trying lighter beys first).  I had to use a tweezer to curl the middle of the spring back into a small ball shape to fit back onto the plastic middle twisting bit, then realign the spring bits back in place & wind the spring up 7-8 turns.  After this, like new, no problem with either Hasbro launcher, even with heavy beys.  But if clicking or skipping starts to appear on the Hasbro ones, I don't think I would be able to open up the prong mechanism as it is held tight with a metal rivet, rather than plastic that pops off when you carefully pull hard to get the prong mechanism off in TT's B-88.  

I find though that I get better control (& even more power) than Dual Threats, using the Hasbro Supergrip launcher cord & the left or right (red or blue) launcher that came with the dual layer beys (not Switchstrike).  The ripcord from the Supergrip launcher seems to have stronger teeth that don't deform, compared with the standard or even switchstrike launchers.

But of course the string launchers are way more convenient, eliminating the extra step of loading the ripcord before launch.

Really? My Supergrip is garbage now. I don't remember how long it lasted before it skipped constantly. Maybe two weeks?
(Aug. 15, 2018  3:59 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2018  1:22 AM)TCBlading Wrote: 1 of my B-88s is still fine after a few months even with the latest heavy beys, but the first one I bought started skipping on the launch after about 2-3 weeks.  Heavy beys do put more pressure on to damage or put out of shape the plastic internals of the prong mechanism especially with hard launches.  So often peoples' B-88s will begin to click when attaching the bey, & skip when launching.  Search under my name or threads talking about B-88 launcher problems to see how I addressed the problem with bits of folded paper jammed inside the prong housing.  I don't have the skipping on launch anymore after hundreds of max power launches with heavy beys, & the paper if thick enough, prevents the bey from clicking when you are twisting to attach it.  

Really? My Supergrip is garbage now. I don't remember how long it lasted before it skipped constantly. Maybe two weeks?
I don’t use the Supergrip to launch, more as just a side grip sometimes for the Dual Threat hehe!  Can’t comment on the Supergrip skipping as I didn’t use it much, I just wanted the use its ripcord which is a bit longer than the simple blue/red Hasbro small launcher. Its teeth seem to be tougher than the rip cords that come with Switchstrike or the small launchers ie. the teeth are a better quality/tougher plastic & don’t bend/deform as easily.  The blue/red ripcord launchers using the longer ripcord from the Supergrip seem to provide impressively powerful & stable/controllable launches without wearing out.
Can anyone tell me how much we should rotate a bey when we put it before launching....
(Aug. 15, 2018  2:12 PM)Destinyblader Wrote: Can anyone tell me how much we should rotate a bey when we put it before launching....

Until It's enough Tight
Don't click
(Aug. 15, 2018  12:47 PM)TCBlading Wrote: I don’t use the Supergrip to launch, more as just a side grip sometimes for the Dual Threat hehe!  Can’t comment on the Supergrip skipping as I didn’t use it much, I just wanted the use its ripcord which is a bit longer than the simple blue/red Hasbro small launcher. Its teeth seem to be tougher than the rip cords that come with Switchstrike or the small launchers ie. the teeth are a better quality/tougher plastic & don’t bend/deform as easily.  The blue/red ripcord launchers using the longer ripcord from the Supergrip seem to provide impressively powerful & stable/controllable launches without wearing out.

Pfft, the Supergrip doesn't have enough grip to hold onto the Dual Threat the way I use it. The Master Kit String Launcher grips the Dual Threat a lot better and has a better grip.
(Aug. 15, 2018  7:08 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2018  12:47 PM)TCBlading Wrote: I don’t use the Supergrip to launch, more as just a side grip sometimes for the Dual Threat hehe!  Can’t comment on the Supergrip skipping as I didn’t use it much, I just wanted the use its ripcord which is a bit longer than the simple blue/red Hasbro small launcher. Its teeth seem to be tougher than the rip cords that come with Switchstrike or the small launchers ie. the teeth are a better quality/tougher plastic & don’t bend/deform as easily.  The blue/red ripcord launchers using the longer ripcord from the Supergrip seem to provide impressively powerful & stable/controllable launches without wearing out.

Pfft, the Supergrip doesn't have enough grip to hold onto the Dual Threat the way I use it. The Master Kit String Launcher grips the Dual Threat a lot better and has a better grip.

Yeah it can definitely slip off, same with the standard small Hasbro red or blue ripcord launcher if stuck onto the dual threat.  But I do like being able to stick a grip or small launcher on the left side unlike the TT B-88.

I do want to get that master kit launcher, have you used it with heavy beys?  If so does it still work fine launching those?
(Aug. 16, 2018  7:05 AM)TCBlading Wrote: Yeah it can definitely slip off, same with the standard small Hasbro red or blue ripcord launcher if stuck onto the dual threat.  But I do like being able to stick a grip or small launcher on the left side unlike the TT B-88.

I do want to get that master kit launcher, have you used it with heavy beys?  If so does it still work fine launching those?

I don't have any Super Z Beys, and I don't have Nightmare Lúinor yet. But I've used the Master Kit launcher ever since I've got it and it hasn't given up on me.
My b-88 L/R String launcher still has yet to give up, I launch at full power 100% of the time, it NEVER skipped on launching rP or hS, so i'm just gonna say that there's no right or prong when you get it (get the joke)