[Takara Tomy] Valkyrie DB core: Testing and Discussion

(Sep. 24, 2021  8:19 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2021  8:04 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Personally, I don't even see why this is still a topic of discussion. The God Valkyrie layer had a "bound" gimmick that reduced attack power by acting as a cushion, and the current Valkyrie DB chip is the same way. Heck, God Valkyrie became a BETTER attacker when equipped with the Strike God chip that locked the bound wings. This is well-documented to be fact, so why are we still debating this?

For one thing, the chip actually affects burst resistance now. For another, things change depending on the combo. And lastly, let people test.

For one thing, the physics behind the bound gimmick are the same, God Valkyrie's bound gimmick affects burst resistance the same way the Valkyrie DB chip does.
For another, combos may vary, but usually the layer-to-layer interaction rarely changes.
And lastly, I thought th!nk just did testing?
(Sep. 24, 2021  8:38 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2021  8:19 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: For one thing, the chip actually affects burst resistance now. For another, things change depending on the combo. And lastly, let people test.

For one thing, the physics behind the bound gimmick are the same, God Valkyrie's bound gimmick affects burst resistance the same way the Valkyrie DB chip does.
For another, combos may vary, but usually the layer-to-layer interaction rarely changes.
And lastly, I thought th!nk just did testing?
For one thing, it is the same, but since the gimmick is actually on the chip now and theres only 1 click vs god Valkryie teeth were normal and just the blade had the bound. For another, yeah they do, layers can be thicker, sharper, smoother, sticky, slippery, shorter, taller, etc. Lastly, yeah he did but just let people test more, nothing wrong with that.
(Aug. 09, 2021  7:44 PM)g2_ Wrote: My goal is to see if the Valkyrie is good for attack or defense. I'll use 2 combos, in 1 scenario I'll use regular DB chips, in the second scenario I'll use Valkyrie chips.

Awakened Savior Ragnaruk Giga Quick'-7 vs Dynamite Belial Nexus Nothing-2+F
Savior Ragnaruk (60% 6 over finishes) Dynamite Belial (40% 4 spin finishes).

Awakened Savior Valkyrie Giga Quick'-7 Savior vs Dynamite Valkyrie Nexus Nothing-2+F
Savior Valkyrie (40% 4 over finishes) Dynamite Valkyrie (60% 1 burst 1 over finish 4 spin finishes)
I'd like to mention there was a double burst too.

Overall: I have no idea, it was too close to call. However, they managed to burst when they had the spring attack. I need to make some more testing.

i have a idea what about ultimate blade,savior valtryek core ,9 armour,ignition dash(low mode)
Valkyrie 1 is better for stamina plus I would recommend having multiple copies of it as in my testing I only battled Savior Valkyrie like 5 times and the teeth shattered completely

so if you use Valkyrie always have extra copies with you due to teeth wear, a good right spin combo in my testing is Prominence Valkyrie Over Bearing' with 0 as the armor

I had my friend come over to help with testing cause I don't have Bearing or Bearing' but he does
Can someone test this combo out?:
Prominence Valkyrie Tp Zone'+Z
(Feb. 08, 2022  11:07 AM)GhostFox Wrote: Can someone test this combo out?:
Prominence Valkyrie Tp Zone'+Z

I would if I had Zone'+Z, i'll see if I can borrow my friend's Zone'+Z

Also the reason bound attack don't work is cause there is nothing to repel the bey once the spring compresses
(Feb. 07, 2022  1:57 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: Valkyrie 1 is better for stamina plus I would recommend having multiple copies of it as in my testing I only battled Savior Valkyrie like 5 times and the teeth shattered completely

so if you use Valkyrie always have extra copies with you due to teeth wear, a good right spin combo in my testing is  Prominence Valkyrie Over Bearing' with 0 as the armor

I had my friend come over to help with testing cause I don't have Bearing or Bearing' but he does
It wears with dash drivers/old metal drivers iirc. Other stuff is safer but also burst-ier
(Feb. 08, 2022  6:16 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2022  1:57 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: Valkyrie 1 is better for stamina plus I would recommend having multiple copies of it as in my testing I only battled Savior Valkyrie like 5 times and the teeth shattered completely

so if you use Valkyrie always have extra copies with you due to teeth wear, a good right spin combo in my testing is  Prominence Valkyrie Over Bearing' with 0 as the armor

It wears with dash drivers/old metal drivers iirc. Other stuff is safer but also burst-ier
Funny I have used Valkyrie I with some parts and its still Ok
(Feb. 09, 2022  3:42 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2022  6:16 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: .
Funny I have used Valkyrie I with some parts and its still Ok

The wear is quite well documented, even just with dash drivers. Zankye and myself for sure I know have it across multiple cores, and a number of others have mentioned the same.
my Valkyrie 1 core's teeth shattered after 5 battles
Once the teeth are gone you can use it on dash as is dash driver pretty much puts the thing on life support
You can but even then it's a bit burst prone. It's a real shame they made them so fragile. The gold one seems a little better, the black one idk.

(Sep. 24, 2021  3:29 PM)th!nk Wrote: [Image: ste7DBv.jpg]

Called it btw