[Takara Tomy]  Twin Nemesis Testing and Discussion

Twin Nemesis (MGC and Upper Mode) 7Cross Oct Vs Arc Bahamut (MGC) 4Star Eternal. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis 7Cross Octa: 90% (4 OS’ 2 KO’s 3 Burst’s)

Arc Bahamut 4Star Eternal: 10% (1 KO)

This combo is better than I first thought. tN and Octa go really well together.
(Jan. 23, 2020  2:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Twin Nemesis (MGC, Upper Mode) 7Cross Octa Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 4Star Atomic. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis 7Cross Octa: 90% (9 OS’ 1 KO)

Drain Fafnir 4Star Atomic: 0%

This was unexpected. Drain Fafnir is good and was on a good combo and it was outspun by tN Octa almost every single time. No ties at all. If anyone has Spriggan Requiem I’d like to see if it can beat that too on a good combo.

Octa beats Atomic in opposite spin. Also, I tested against my Sieg Xcalibur and Dread Hades and was unable to burst it.

Also, you put 90% and 0% in that testing. Just a heads up
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:02 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2020  2:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Twin Nemesis (MGC, Upper Mode) 7Cross Octa Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 4Star Atomic. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis 7Cross Octa: 90% (9 OS’ 1 KO)

Drain Fafnir 4Star Atomic: 0%

This was unexpected. Drain Fafnir is good and was on a good combo and it was outspun by tN Octa almost every single time. No ties at all. If anyone has Spriggan Requiem I’d like to see if it can beat that too on a good combo.

Octa beats Atomic in opposite spin. Also, I tested against my Sieg Xcalibur and Dread Hades and was unable to burst it.

It’s not about bursting really, it’s about winning rounds. I fixed the error by the way.
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:07 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:02 AM)Armor Wrote: Octa beats Atomic in opposite spin. Also, I tested against my Sieg Xcalibur and Dread Hades and was unable to burst it.

It’s not about bursting really, it’s about winning rounds. I fixed the error by the way.

I see your point. But my concern was on how much Deep Caynox was bursting. It seems to even tank hits from Cho-Z Achilles without bursting, and the gimmick supposedly absorbs hits well.
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:09 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:07 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: It’s not about bursting really, it’s about winning rounds. I fixed the error by the way.

I see your point. But my concern was on how much Deep Caynox was bursting. It seems to even tank hits from Cho-Z Achilles without bursting, and the gimmick supposedly absorbs hits well.
I can test it against deep Chaos, but that would burst more, wouldn’t it?
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:10 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:09 AM)Armor Wrote: I see your point. But my concern was on how much Deep Caynox was bursting. It seems to even tank hits from Cho-Z Achilles without bursting, and the gimmick supposedly absorbs hits well.
I can test it against deep Chaos, but that would burst more, wouldn’t it?

No, definitely don't do that. Deep Caynox on Bearing vs Deep Chaos on Bearing are practically opposites.
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:17 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:10 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I can test it against deep Chaos, but that would burst more, wouldn’t it?

No, definitely don't do that. Deep Caynox on Bearing vs Deep Chaos on Bearing are practically opposites.
As thought. Twin Nemesis has great burst attack, so it is not that surprising it was able to burst Caynox C3.
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:19 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:17 AM)Armor Wrote: No, definitely don't do that. Deep Caynox on Bearing vs Deep Chaos on Bearing are practically opposites.
As thought. Twin Nemesis has great burst attack, so it is not that surprising it was able to burst Caynox C3.

I definitely need to get this layer. It's probably my favorite God layer performance-wise.
(Jan. 25, 2020  1:02 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  12:19 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: As thought. Twin Nemesis has great burst attack, so it is not that surprising it was able to burst Caynox C3.

I definitely need to get this layer. It's probably my favorite God layer performance-wise.

On Octa, it’s able to synergize well with tN’s Burst attack and KO attack.
Twin Nemesis (MGC and Upper Mode) 0Cross Octa Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 7Cross Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis: 80% (6 Burst’s 2 OS’)

Drain Fafnir: 20% (1 OS 1 KO)

Not only did tN on Octa burst dF (although it was on bearing so I guess it is not that impressive) but it also outspun opposite spin bearing. I...am seriously concerned how powerful tN on Octa is.
(Jan. 25, 2020  3:13 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Twin Nemesis (MGC and Upper Mode) 0Cross Octa Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 7Cross Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Not only did tN on Octa burst dF (although it was on bearing so I guess it is not that impressive) but it also outspun opposite spin bearing. I...am seriously concerned how powerful tN on Octa is.

Use Bump or even Wall. Octa's shape prevents Cross or any other frame from touching the floor, so get as much weight as you can.
(Jan. 25, 2020  5:15 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  3:13 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Twin Nemesis (MGC and Upper Mode) 0Cross Octa Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 7Cross Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Use Bump or even Wall. Octa's shape prevents Cross or any other frame from touching the floor, so get as much weight as you can.

That’s actually smart. Bump or wall though? I have both so I would like to know which one is better.
(Jan. 25, 2020  5:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  5:15 PM)Armor Wrote: Use Bump or even Wall. Octa's shape prevents Cross or any other frame from touching the floor, so get as much weight as you can.

That’s actually smart. Bump or wall though? I have both so I would like to know which one is better.

Wall is heavier, so I'd go with wall.
(Jan. 25, 2020  5:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  5:15 PM)Armor Wrote: Use Bump or even Wall. Octa's shape prevents Cross or any other frame from touching the floor, so get as much weight as you can.

I would say neither if Expand isn’t banned, it’s heavier than Bump and more useful than Wall on that combination.
Hmm. what a juicy thread I've stumbled upon. Back then I thought MGC tN (upper mode).0U.Hn/Hn' was good, now I'm tempted to use Octa on it since JA.0E.Octa Gen isn't working for me.
(Jan. 26, 2020  12:34 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Hmm. what a juicy thread I've stumbled upon. Back then I thought MGC tN (upper mode).0U.Hn/Hn' was good, now I'm tempted to use Octa on it since JA.0E.Octa Gen isn't working for me.

Yeah, it seems mobile attackers don't benefit from more stationary-oriented combos, but that is the thing about Twin Nemesis. It works so well on plastic attack drivers and stationary drivers.
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:06 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  12:34 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Hmm. what a juicy thread I've stumbled upon. Back then I thought  MGC tN (upper mode).0U.Hn/Hn' was good, now I'm tempted to use Octa on it since JA.0E.Octa Gen isn't working for me.

Yeah, it seems mobile attackers don't benefit from more stationary-oriented combos, but that is the thing about Twin Nemesis. It works so well on plastic attack drivers and stationary drivers.

I guess tN's shape as more of a smoother oval compared to Judgment makes the former quite versatile, if weight was not the concern. 

Burst resistance-wise, it'll probably lose quite a lot to same-spin match ups especially when going up against Dash Driver-powered combos after God System Layers. I think the only God Layers that can still give some fight against most meta combos nowadays would be Sr, dF, aB, and nL. Everything else will easily die out of the stadium or Burst when simply tapped by Chouzetsu and GT Beys.
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:26 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:06 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Yeah, it seems mobile attackers don't benefit from more stationary-oriented combos, but that is the thing about Twin Nemesis. It works so well on plastic attack drivers and stationary drivers.

I guess tN's shape as more of a smoother oval compared to Judgment makes the former quite versatile, if weight was not the concern. 

Burst resistance-wise, it'll probably lose quite a lot to same-spin match ups especially when going up against Dash Driver-powered combos after God System Layers. I think the only God Layers that can still give some fight against most meta combos nowadays would be Sr, dF, aB, and nL. Everything else will easily die out of the stadium or Burst when simply tapped by Chouzetsu and GT Beys.

Ah, but we aren’t testing for standard, we are testing for limited, which will be coming out soon enough in the next few months. That’s why all the tests were against God beys, as that will be the generation limited focuses on.

Anyways, Twin Nemesis (MGC and Upper Mode) 0Expand Octa Vs. Drain Fafnir (MGC) 7Cross Xtend+. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis: 40% (3 Burst’s 1 KO)

Drain Fafnir: 60% (3 Burst’s 2 KO’s 1 OS)

I thought I was using 7 on tN, so no wonder it self burst a few times. Still, I think this combo is really gonna be very good in Limited. I’ll continue to do more testing to be sure though.
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:30 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:26 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I guess tN's shape as more of a smoother oval compared to Judgment makes the former quite versatile, if weight was not the concern. 

Ah, but we aren’t testing for standard, we are testing for limited, which will be coming out soon enough in the next few months. That’s why all the tests were against God beys, as that will be the generation limited focuses on.

Anyways, Twin Nemesis (MGC and Upper Mode) 0Expand Octa Vs. Drain Fafnir (MGC) 7Cross Xtend+. I did ten rounds.

Results:

I thought I was using 7 on tN, so no wonder it self burst a few times. Still, I think this combo is really gonna be very good in Limited. I’ll continue to do more testing to be sure though.

Ahh gotcha. That makes sense regarding pitting tN vs God Layers on this thread.

Hmm. Maybe 5 would do better for the Burst resistance?

If it can defeat MGC dC.7.R or aB/dF.7G.At, then it's probably gonna be good.

I've already put my combo MGC tN.0U.Hn', but I'll try doing my own testings soon. Bummer that I discovered this thread the day after my rest days have finished.

Since this is going to be a generation limited format, I'd assume only parts until God Layers are allowed (no Dash Drivers, electric, and Generate allowed; Frames only within God Layers)?
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:40 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:30 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Ah, but we aren’t testing for standard, we are testing for limited, which will be coming out soon enough in the next few months. That’s why all the tests were against God beys, as that will be the generation limited focuses on.

Results:

Ahh gotcha. That makes sense regarding pitting tN vs God Layers on this thread.

I've already put my combo MGC tN.0U.Hn', but I'll try doing my own testings soon. Bummer that I discovered this thread the day after my rest days have finished.

Since this is going to be a generation limited format, I'd assume only parts until God Layers are allowed (no Dash Drivers, electric, and Generate allowed; Frames only within God Layers)?

I’m not sure on discs, so I’ve limited those. As for frames I think they’ll not be banned for the most part. Also, I’m pretty sure Hasbro Turbo beys will be allowed. Not the TT ones, but the Hasbro ones. All drivers for the most part should be allowed including dash drivers for the most part.
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:40 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Ahh gotcha. That makes sense regarding pitting tN vs God Layers on this thread.

I’m not sure on discs, so I’ve limited those. As for frames I think they’ll not be banned for the most part. Also, I’m pretty sure Hasbro Turbo beys will be allowed. Not the TT ones, but the Hasbro ones. All drivers for the most part should be allowed including dash drivers for the most part.

I see. So tN can be pumped up with Dash Drivers then, duly noted. I'll get to work on testing as soon as possible. But I'll probably follow your reporting format since I tend to over-analyze the results (if you saw my reports for gF testing thread prior to the coming of WF)

Edit: Can you spam MGCs in all God Beys of your Deck, or is it still like the Level Chips rule for Chouzetsu? Cuz all the MGCs I have are A-mold and are extremely tight (compared with stock or normal ones) with almost all God Layers.
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:46 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2020  1:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I’m not sure on discs, so I’ve limited those. As for frames I think they’ll not be banned for the most part. Also, I’m pretty sure Hasbro Turbo beys will be allowed. Not the TT ones, but the Hasbro ones. All drivers for the most part should be allowed including dash drivers for the most part.

I see. So tN can be pumped up with Dash Drivers then, duly noted. I'll get to work on testing as soon as possible. But I'll probably follow your reporting format since I tend to over-analyze the results (if you saw my reports for gF testing thread prior to the coming of WF)

Edit: Can you spam MGCs in all God Beys of your Deck, or is it still like the Level Chips rule for Chouzetsu? Cuz all the MGCs I have are A-mold and are extremely tight (compared with stock or normal ones) with almost all God Layers.

I’d have to look. This isn’t a format I made up though. I was actually talked about in the WBO news back in July when Burst Classic became ranked.
Twin Nemesis (MGC and Upper Mode) 7Expand Octa Vs Balkesh B3 0Wall Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Twin Nemesis: 0%

Balkesh B3: 100% (10 OS’)

I honestly see Balkesh B3 being banned in Limited Format just because of the incredible stamina and how well it does in standard still.
(Jan. 25, 2020  7:16 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  5:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: That’s actually smart. Bump or wall though? I have both so I would like to know which one is better.

I would say neither if Expand isn’t banned, it’s heavier than Bump and more useful than Wall on that combination.

Why is Expand more useful? Unless you save Wall for a Bearing combo, I don't see Expand being any better. If you are using Wall on another combo, just use Lift or Turn here instead.

Also, do you guys think all Hasbro Turbo beys will be allowed, or will some be banned?
(Jan. 27, 2020  1:18 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  7:16 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: I would say neither if Expand isn’t banned, it’s heavier than Bump and more useful than Wall on that combination.

Why is Expand more useful? Unless you save Wall for a Bearing combo, I don't see Expand being any better. If you are using Wall on another combo, just use Lift or Turn here instead.

Also, do you guys think all Hasbro Turbo beys will be allowed, or will some be banned?

First off, wall would scrape on Octa while expand just barely does not scrape. Second, I feel only the more powerful Turbo beys will be banned, like Turbo Spryzen S4.