[Takara Tomy]  Twin Nemesis Testing and Discussion [Limited Format]

First, if anyone is going to yell at me, this isn’t necroposting since this is a thread to post testing on twin nemesis

So I just did some tests, I didn’t post them here but it was basically trying to find a different driver than destroy’ for mixed attack to see if I could up my options for the combo
I tried out some drivers I personally like for mixed attack
Ultimate reboot’
Power
Venture

Here’s my observations from the tests
I kept twin nemesis in upper mode with the 0 expand disc to maximize weight, alignment of weight, and keep it from self KOing since the 0 disc has more IWD than most other discs because of the 2 large balls on each side near the middle
I tested against a variety of right spin stamina/defense combos I use consisting of layers like hazard Kerbeus, alter chronos, and screw trident (this layer was just for pure stamina) and drivers like revolve, atomic, orbit metal, and a personal defensive balance combo using unite’

I’m sure you all already know about destroy’ since that is the driver people use with this combo the most, so I won’t waste time explaining that part

Ultimate reboot’ certainly had the attack power and burst resistance to go with it, but it did go out of control and speed up around the reige wasting stamina from time to time. And even when it did get the consistent hits, which was the majority of the time, it didn’t have as much stamina as things like destroy’ power or venture

Power was basically the same as destroy (as predicted) which I predicted because both power and destroy have a mostly-flat tip with spikes around the edge. I really like power as a driver but it was disappointing to see that it basically did what destroy’ did but more consistent. Which may sound good but destroy’ also has burst resistance, more defense, more lad, and a bit more speed. So I don’t see myself using power when destroy’ exists unfortunately, but I will find a use for power eventually.

Venture was like destroy but with a bit less speed and more stamina. I noticed that it hit the opponent much harder than destroy but it also wasn’t as aggressive or fast. So venture definitely has promise and that’s why I like venture as well for a more stamina and hard hitting based mixed attack driver.

After these testings I did venture and destroy’ in LAD, and against other attackers tests. I knew the key difference between the 2 but wanted to see how much more variety there was so I knew which to choose if I go with this combo in a deck or first stage.

Venture clearly had worse LAD than destroy, I’d say venture is comparable t9 nothing which would’ve been decent like 4 years ago. Destroy’ obviously has just a bit more LAD than atomic which honestly isn’t much since most drivers used will have more LAD than it anyway, but it will at least still be able to take out other left spin destroy and below LAD of that combos.

Venture definitely had the upside against other attackers, destroy’ did well but venture just had the more defensive power. I didn’t catch why, but my thinking is that the large rubber ring near the flat tip kind of gripped the stadium maybe? Or maybe it’s just that it’s not as fast as destroy and was able to maintain stamina? Idk to be honest.
(Oct. 14, 2021  3:12 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:

I'm not going to lie, your post has me intrigued, specifically with the success you seem to have had with Power and Venture.
As far as bursting goes, how well did Nemesis do? In my experience, tN has quite the self-recoil, and non-dash drivers usually don't go over well with it. What were some of the specific combinations it faced, and were they consistent across the board or adjusted accordingly for each driver? Which stadium was used to conduct these tests?

Apologies for all of the questions haha, just trying to get a feel as to what exactly happened. I've been meaning to bring back a few of my old testing threads with new tests against some of the new drivers released in DB and am glad to hear someone else is interested.
(Oct. 23, 2021  11:02 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2021  3:12 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:

I'm not going to lie, your post has me intrigued, specifically with the success you seem to have had with Power and Venture.
As far as bursting goes, how well did Nemesis do? In my experience, tN has quite the self-recoil, and non-dash drivers usually don't go over well with it. What were some of the specific combinations it faced, and were they consistent across the board or adjusted accordingly for each driver? Which stadium was used to conduct these tests?

Apologies for all of the questions haha, just trying to get a feel as to what exactly happened. I've been meaning to bring back a few of my old testing threads with new tests against some of the new drivers released in DB and am glad to hear someone else is interested.
For sure! I’m always interested in testing out new parts, even if they aren’t good I feel like most drivers have potential. Like there’s hundreds of drivers and a lot of them are just bad versions of another one (ex: merge-unite, zeta-Quattro, reboot-ultimate reboot, etc) but a lot of them have potential and I generally like using different combos because I feel like that’s what sets me apart from different bladers. 
So I put twin nemesis on 0 expand for the disc and upper mode in case I didn’t say it in the first post, and I faced it against the same opponents with the 3 drivers. 
I explained how each driver behaved earlier I believe, but as far as bursting went I believe it did burst once or twice with power, it burst once with destroy but that was against a very powerful ev’ combo of mine so I can’t blame it, and venture never burst surprisingly. 
My twin nemesis isn’t exactly tight but venture has a generally very tight spring. Almost similiar to that of zeta’ from when I feel the 2. Powers gimmick is that the spring is pushed down and even if that doesn’t work fully, it’s being pushed down on and power also has a tight spring but not quite as tight as venture or destroy’. I assume if I used non-dash drivers with average springs then nemesis definitely would be bursted a bit more. 
The combinations were exactly the same. I basically put it against right spinning ball tipped combos like atomic, orbit metal. I put it against some attackers like my z achilles 00 dagger Octa and same thing with charge metal, some anti-attackers, and other stuff like one of my favorite combos using unite’. This may seem insanely cautious and semi-stupid but I don’t wanna say too many specific combos in case someone like see’s them and plots against me for a tournament or something lol. 
I obviously used the standard stadium, but it’s good to always double check with people so kudos. 
If you want to know anything else about this stuff I’ve tested I’d be glad to answer. Just a side note I’ve been using 00 cross on venture now instead of 0 expand because expand sometimes scrapes with venture, and cross is pretty smooth. I’m using 00 instead of 0 because in smash mode the weights are balanced, smash mode is better for venture and upper mode is better for destroy. This is because destroy is more aggressive so the blade should be exposed more but venture is more defensive and stamina saving so smash mode would help it kind of knock back other beys without causing as much recoil as destroy if that makes sense. I don’t really use power since I’ve found it to be a worse version of destroy (I meant destroy’ for all the times I didn't add the ‘ mark) but I’m gonna try to find a use for it
Actually Reboot' is also nice for mixed attack, maybe you could try that too? It's kind of different as it doesn't have the rubber.

Also in my opinion Upper mode would be better on anything since Smash mode has some stabilisation problems I believe.
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:30 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: Actually Reboot' is also nice for mixed attack, maybe you could try that too? It's kind of different as it doesn't have the rubber.

Also in my opinion Upper mode would be better on anything since Smash mode has some stabilisation problems I believe.
I mean, I prefer destroy’ or venture for mixed attack and I don’t have reboot’, I do have reboot though. So maybe I could try it out. And since reboot isn’t a dash it gives me an idea of how bursts twin nemesis really is on non-dash drivers. If reboot doesn’t work for nemesis I could try it on a left mixed attackers like bloody which has insane teeth and likely won’t burst. 
Upper and smash depends on the situation for me. Upper mode exposes the blade more and is a bit more circular so it’s better if you’re up against something like Geist on destroy’, bloody on destroy’, drain on atomic, etc… and it’s also better for more aggressive mixed attack drivers like destroy’. Smash mode makes the blade more inside the circumference of the outer parts of nemesis and makes it more like an oval so this in my opinion is good for knocking other beys back without causing too much recoil on yourself. I don’t believe it has destabilization problems, but maybe it does. I’ve also tested the combo twin nemesis outer orbit metal and smash mode is actually the better mode for stamina, which makes sense cause it’s blades are less exposed leading to less recoil etc.. but it also kind of shows that smash mode doesn’t destabilize. But maybe it’s just mine.
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:55 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:30 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: Actually Reboot' is also nice for mixed attack, maybe you could try that too? It's kind of different as it doesn't have the rubber.

I mean, I prefer destroy’ or venture for mixed attack and I don’t have reboot’, I do have reboot though. So maybe I could try it out. And since reboot isn’t a dash it gives me an idea of how bursts twin nemesis really is on non-dash drivers. If reboot doesn’t work for nemesis I could try it on a left mixed attackers like bloody which has insane teeth and likely won’t burst. 
Upper and smash depends on the situation for me. Upper mode exposes the blade more and is a bit more circular so it’s better if you’re up against something like Geist on destroy’, bloody on destroy’, drain on atomic, etc… and it’s also better for more aggressive mixed attack drivers like destroy’. Smash mode makes the blade more inside the circumference of the outer parts of nemesis and makes it more like an oval so this in my opinion is good for knocking other beys back without causing too much recoil on yourself. I don’t believe it has destabilization problems, but maybe it does. I’ve also tested the combo twin nemesis outer orbit metal and smash mode is actually the better mode for stamina, which makes sense cause it’s blades are less exposed leading to less recoil etc.. but it also kind of shows that smash mode doesn’t destabilize. But maybe it’s just mine.

Don’t use smash mode. Upper mode is the best way to go when it comes to Twin Nemesis, and it destabilizes the opposing Beyblade which is good for winning matchups by OS if possible.
(Oct. 24, 2021  1:19 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:55 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I mean, I prefer destroy’ or venture for mixed attack and I don’t have reboot’, I do have reboot though. So maybe I could try it out. And since reboot isn’t a dash it gives me an idea of how bursts twin nemesis really is on non-dash drivers. If reboot doesn’t work for nemesis I could try it on a left mixed attackers like bloody which has insane teeth and likely won’t burst. 

Don’t use smash mode. Upper mode is the best way to go when it comes to Twin Nemesis, and it destabilizes the opposing Beyblade which is good for winning matchups by OS if possible.
But I’ve done testings and smash mode is better for stamina since the blades are less exposed and have a little less self recoil.
(Oct. 24, 2021  3:41 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  1:19 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Don’t use smash mode. Upper mode is the best way to go when it comes to Twin Nemesis, and it destabilizes the opposing Beyblade which is good for winning matchups by OS if possible.
But I’ve done testings and smash mode is better for stamina since the blades are less exposed and have a little less self recoil.

If you'd like more recoil and stamina you're better off using Hazard Kerbeus in limited because Twin Nemesis is definitely more viable in upper mode
(Nov. 27, 2021  3:23 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  3:41 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: But I’ve done testings and smash mode is better for stamina since the blades are less exposed and have a little less self recoil.

If you'd like more recoil and stamina you're better off using Hazard Kerbeus in limited because Twin Nemesis is definitely more viable in upper mode

I guess that’s true. Just that twin nemesis is better than Kerbeus when it comes to attack power and equalization. Plus after the first round I have the choice to switch to smash or upper mode.
(Nov. 27, 2021  3:50 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2021  3:23 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: If you'd like more recoil and stamina you're better off using Hazard Kerbeus in limited because Twin Nemesis is definitely more viable in upper mode

I guess that’s true. Just that twin nemesis is better than Kerbeus when it comes to attack power and equalization. Plus after the first round I have the choice to switch to smash or upper mode.

First of all, Twin Nemesis does NOT have better attack power than Hazard Kerbeus. The best I could give it is a bit more consistency later in the battle. You also do not get to mode change as that requires taking the combo apart, as well as the fact that you should basically never use smash mode.
(Mar. 21, 2022  8:18 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2021  3:50 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I guess that’s true. Just that twin nemesis is better than Kerbeus when it comes to attack power and equalization. Plus after the first round I have the choice to switch to smash or upper mode.

First of all, Twin Nemesis does NOT have better attack power than Hazard Kerbeus. The best I could give it is a bit more consistency later in the battle. You also do not get to mode change as that requires taking the combo apart, as well as the fact that you should basically never use smash mode.
Smash mode has its uses on taller combos
(Mar. 21, 2022  8:18 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2021  3:50 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I guess that’s true. Just that twin nemesis is better than Kerbeus when it comes to attack power and equalization. Plus after the first round I have the choice to switch to smash or upper mode.

It does in a way. Kerbeus is more round, though on its side the 2 big sharp points do damage. Twin Nemesis is still good for attack, not pure attack or KO attack, but because of its oval shape that’s smooth it’s good on expand+destroy setups that have good LAD and nice stamina to compliment it. 
And yeah you do get to mode change once. If you make a combo that optimizes the modes you’ll know which mode gives you the advantage against your opponent, and after round 1 you’ll get to choose. 
Smash mode may not be as good as upper mode, but there’s a reason it’s called smash mode. Not that it’s smashing into things like Buster Xcaliber, but it boosts the smash attack a bit and is a bit better against similiar height LAD beys using stuff like bearing, never, or drift. Against mobius, rise, or high Xtend+’ upper mode is better.
Found some tests I did awhile back with Twin Nemesis on some of the drivers TheRogueBlader suggested, excuse my poor formatting this time around because these are my raw notes:
Large number of tests (Click to View)
(Mar. 21, 2022  10:40 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Found some tests I did awhile back with Twin Nemesis on some of the drivers TheRogueBlader suggested, excuse my poor formatting this time around because these are my raw notes:
Large number of tests (Click to View)
Eeeeeeew. Wow that’s gnarly. Power never really seemed to great on it anyway, like a worse destroy kinda. Venture seemed to have a quality a bit better than destroy in return for offset of another as I recall, but it never was much of a KO attacker anyway. More same spin focused, and destroy with expand is what made it even more versatile against lefts. 
I guess the 2 drivers aren’t all that great on twin nemesis. Expand Destroy just seems like it was meant to be on it if that makes sense.