[Takara Tomy]  Tempest Dragon Testing & Discussion

I know I'm dumb but, what's MCC?
(Dec. 17, 2020  6:12 AM)Longinox Wrote: I know I'm dumb but, what's MCC?

Metal Chip Core
Tempest Diabolos Wheel Unite' 1S VS Lucifer II Burn Ou Xtreme' please
(Dec. 27, 2020  8:37 AM)Praagya0 Wrote: Tempest Diabolos Wheel Unite' 1S VS Lucifer II Burn Ou Xtreme' please
Ou is the one from Helios?
(Dec. 27, 2020  12:12 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2020  8:37 AM)Praagya0 Wrote: Tempest Diabolos Wheel Unite' 1S VS Lucifer II Burn Ou Xtreme' please

Yeah, Ou's from Helios Volcano.
Tempest Lucifer1/Lucifer2 Wheel Drift 1S VS World Spriggan/Diabolos/Helios2 MCC Wheel Drift 1S (Left spinning)

Both weak launched, TT standard stadium, KOs and BFs don’t count as points instead replay the round, first to three points wins, alternating which is launched first.
(Dec. 27, 2020  12:12 PM)g2_ Wrote:

Yup
Can you do Tempest Lucifer II *Tempest unlocked at launch* Wheel Drift 1D vs a competitive left spin combo
(Dec. 10, 2020  2:01 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: Anybody test Tempest Dragon 2B Wave?

I came across this combo recently and have really enjoyed it. I checked on here to see if anyone had any official tests and all I found was where AlexTheBlader asked for it to be tested. Here are a few tests with my limited selection of parts. All tests were done in the standard burst beystadium. Launchers used were Sparking beylaunchers L and R. It has been a LONG time since I did any official testing, so please bear with me if any mistakes are made

Tempest Dragon Wave 2B vs Master Fafnir Hybrid (turned off)
Tempest launched first on odd, Master on even. First 10 rounds were hard launched, last 10 were soft. 7 ties, all redone.
Tempest = 11 wins (11 OS)
Master = 9 wins (8 OS, 1 KO)
Tempest win % = 55%

Tempest Dragon Wave 2B vs Rage Longinus Destroy' 3A
Tempest always launched first. One DKO that was redone.
Tempest = 10 wins (9 OS, 1 KO)
Rage = 10 wins (10 KO)
Tempest win % = 50%
Notes : One big thing I noticed is that you do NOT want to soft launch Tempest dragon Wave 2B against Rage. Rage had a much easier time KOing when I tried to soft launch, so all of these rounds, Tempest was hard launched.

Tempest Dragon Wave 2B vs Judgement Pegasus Outer Jolt Goku
Tempest always launched first. One DKO redone. The Outer disk used is the black one from Zwei Bahamut, and it fits incredibly tight against Judgement's rubber burst stopper, which is why I was able to get away with using Pegasus and not using a dash driver.
Tempest = 15 wins (11 OS, 4 KO)
Judgement = 5 wins (5 KO)
Tempest win % = 75%
Notes : Judgement is the strongest right spin attacker I own. Wave, in my opinion, has a decent amount of KO defense for a tip without rubber. It really reminds me of a plastic version of RDF from MFB.

Tempest Dragon Wave 2B vs World Spriggan (left) Volcanic 2D
Tempest launched first on odd, World on even. 5 ties all redone
Tempest = 5 wins (5 OS)
World = 5 wins (5 OS)
Tempest win % = 50%
Notes : I only did 10 rounds here because the ties were getting annoying. With that said, I changed Volcanic to Mobius and did several more unrecorded rounds. That dropped Tempest's win rate to more like 20%. I orginally went with Volcanic because my Mobius is not fully awakened and I have a much easier time controlling Volcanic.

Tempest Dragon Wave 2B vs World Spriggan Wheel Bearing 1D
Tempest launched first on odd, World on even.
Tempest = 11 wins (6 OS, 5 BF)
World = 9 wins (9 OS)
Tempest win % = 55%
Notes : This is unfortunately the best right spin stamina combo I can make to test against Tempest. I was actively trying to NOT burst World so that I could observe and focus more on the Tempest combo's stamina potential vs right spin stamina. So if you were to TRY and go for the burst vs a right spin Wheel Bearing combo, the win rate could be higher.

Final thoughts: I really enjoy using this combo. It doesn't have an overpowered win rate against anything, but it has an above average chance against most things. I don't have xtend+ yet, so I came across this combo trying to make an alternative to the standard Tempest xtend+ combo. It probably doesn't have the competitive edge over xtend+ as far as stamina goes, but Wave's defensive capabilities really surprised me. That paired with above average LAD is what led me try Wave with Tempest 2B. Speaking of 2B, I truly think this combo would be incredible if 2B was awoken.
(Jan. 02, 2021  8:13 PM)KainHighwind Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  2:01 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: Anybody test Tempest Dragon 2B Wave?

I came across this combo recently and have really enjoyed it. I checked on here to see if anyone had any official tests and all I found was where AlexTheBlader asked for it to be tested. Here are a few tests with my limited selection of parts. All tests were done in the standard burst beystadium. Launchers used were Sparking beylaunchers L and R. It has been a LONG time since I did any official testing, so please bear with me if any mistakes are made

Tempest launched first on odd, Master on even. First 10 rounds were hard launched, last 10 were soft. 7 ties, all redone.
Tempest win % = 55%

Rage = 10 wins (10 KO)
Tempest win % = 50%
Notes : One big thing I noticed is that you do NOT want to soft launch Tempest dragon Wave 2B against Rage. Rage had a much easier time KOing when I tried to soft launch, so all of these rounds, Tempest was hard launched.

Tempest always launched first. One DKO redone. The Outer disk used is the black one from Zwei Bahamut, and it fits incredibly tight against Judgement's rubber burst stopper, which is why I was able to get away with using Pegasus and not using a dash driver.
Tempest win % = 75%
Notes : Judgement is the strongest right spin attacker I own. Wave, in my opinion, has a decent amount of KO defense for a tip without rubber. It really reminds me of a plastic version of RDF from MFB.

Tempest = 5 wins (5 OS)
World = 5 wins (5 OS)
Tempest win % = 50%
Notes : I only did 10 rounds here because the ties were getting annoying. With that said, I changed Volcanic to Mobius and did several more unrecorded rounds. That dropped Tempest's win rate to more like 20%. I orginally went with Volcanic because my Mobius is not fully awakened and I have a much easier time controlling Volcanic.

World = 9 wins (9 OS)
Tempest win % = 55%
Notes : This is unfortunately the best right spin stamina combo I can make to test against Tempest. I was actively trying to NOT burst World so that I could observe and focus more on the Tempest combo's stamina potential vs right spin stamina. So if you were to TRY and go for the burst vs a right spin Wheel Bearing combo, the win rate could be higher.

Final thoughts: I really enjoy using this combo. It doesn't have an overpowered win rate against anything, but it has an above average chance against most things. I don't have xtend+ yet, so I came across this combo trying to make an alternative to the standard Tempest xtend+ combo. It probably doesn't have the competitive edge over xtend+ as far as stamina goes, but Wave's defensive capabilities really surprised me. That paired with above average LAD is what led me try Wave with Tempest 2B. Speaking of 2B, I truly think this combo would be incredible if 2B was awoken.
Very interesting. Didn’t expect it to do so well
Right?! This combo makes me want to take the time to beat my 2B into submission so I can awaken it, lol. I would LOVE to see how it performs with an awoken 2B.
i just got the sparking triple booster, cho-z achilles set and the cho-z customize set, whay are some combos i can make from those 3 sets?
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:16 PM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: i just got the sparking triple booster, cho-z achilles set and the cho-z customize set, whay are some combos i can make from those 3 sets?

This would be better in Build Me a Combo, but Tempest Dragon 1D 00 Wave might be decent. I recommend picking up Union Achilles and Glide Ragnaruk to make Tempest Dragon 1S Wheel Xtend+.
(Jan. 03, 2021  4:19 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:16 PM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: i just got the sparking triple booster, cho-z achilles set and the cho-z customize set, whay are some combos i can make from those 3 sets?

This would be better in Build Me a Combo, but Tempest Dragon 1D 00 Wave might be decent. I recommend picking up Union Achilles and Glide Ragnaruk to make Tempest Dragon 1S Wheel Xtend+.

thx cheeto
Can somebody test

Tempest Lucifer 2A Drift

Against beys that are good in same spin
(Jan. 11, 2021  8:18 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: Can somebody test

Tempest Lucifer 2A Drift

I dont have drift, but from everything I've seen, its same spin stamina performance is not great at all.
(Dec. 06, 2020  11:58 PM)Lugiamaster0249 Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2020  6:49 PM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: Tempest LuciferII Xtend+(Stamina)2A VS World Spriggan Drift 2B(Left+FreeSpin)
Spriggan OS
Spriggan OS
Spriggan OS
Spriggan OS
Spriggan OS
These LAD battle really takes so much time,spriggan won only by a little bit of spin
Tell me if you want it to be a 10 test battle

Can you do Tempest LuciferII Wheel Xtend+ (stamina) 1S VS World HeliosII MCC Drift 2B (free spin)? If you don’t have HeliosII, then left spin Spriggan or Diabolos works.

Tempest LuciferII Wheel Xtend+(Stamina)1S vs World HeliosII Drift 2B(FS)

WHl(II)-OS
WHl(II)-OS
WHl(II)-OS (only a tiny bit)
WHl(II)-OS (spin a lot)
WHl(II)-OS (spin a lot)
WHl(II)-OS
TLc(II)-OS
WHl(II)-OS
TLc(II)-OS
WHl(II)-OS

WHl(II)-80%
TLc(II)-20%
Sometimes tempest got destabilise

Parts that I have to do test(will get more later)

(Dec. 30, 2020  6:10 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Can you do Tempest Lucifer II *Tempest unlocked at launch* Wheel Drift 1D vs a competitive left spin combo
Tempest LuciferII Wheel Drift 1D vs Rage HeliosII Evolution' 3A
RHl(II)-KO
TLc(II)-OS
RHl(II)-KO
TLc(II)-KO (Tempest lose 1-click)
RHl(II)-KO (Tempest lose 1-click)
RHl(II)-KO (Rage do an amazing upper attack near pocket&tempest lose 2 click)
TLc(II)-OS
TLc(II)-OS
RHl(II)-KO
TLc(II)-OS

TLc(II)-60%
RHl(II)-50%

Rage ring+3A is crazy good for attack,with enough practice using rubber attack type driver,it can defeat anything
Other test will do later(only parts that I have)

(Jan. 02, 2021  9:44 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2021  8:13 PM)KainHighwind Wrote: I came across this combo recently and have really enjoyed it. I checked on here to see if anyone had any official tests and all I found was where AlexTheBlader asked for it to be tested. Here are a few tests with my limited selection of parts. All tests were done in the standard burst beystadium. Launchers used were Sparking beylaunchers L and R. It has been a LONG time since I did any official testing, so please bear with me if any mistakes are made

Tempest win % = 55%

Rage = 10 wins (10 KO)
Tempest win % = 50%

Tempest win % = 75%

Tempest = 5 wins (5 OS)
World = 5 wins (5 OS)
Tempest win % = 50%

World = 9 wins (9 OS)
Tempest win % = 55%

Very interesting. Didn’t expect it to do so well

It looks like wave is good,might pick it up later
(Jan. 11, 2021  8:18 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: Can somebody test

Tempest Lucifer 2A Drift

As long as it can hit the opponent and not get to the point where it can throw itself out of the arena, it can outspin most drivers, sometimes combos like World Lucifer2 Wheel Atomic 1S. But it easily gets out of control and KOs itself so I wouldn’t recommend it for same spin.
(Dec. 17, 2020  12:09 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Tempest Dragon, 2A, Xtend + vs. Brave Hyperion, 2S, Destroy’
Tempest Dragon, 2A, Xtend + vs. Brave Hyperion, 2S, Xceed’ z+

Does anyone here actually do the tests?

Tempest Dragon Xtend+(Stamina) 2A vs Brave Hyperion Destroy’ 2S

TDr-OS
TDr-OS
BHy-OS
TDr-OS
TDr-OS
BHy-OS
TDr-OS
TDr-OS
BHy-KO
TDr-OS

TDr-70%
Bhy-30%
Brave Hyperion 2 xceed'+s MCC vs tempest LuciusII 2A drift
First Dragon Blitz Atomic 1S(angled launch) vs Tempest Uranus Xtend+(Stamina) 2A

FDr-KO (TUr got knocked out then come back ,then knock out again...FDr loses 3 click,almost burst!!)
FDr-KO (lose 1 click)
TUr-OS (almost lose)
FDr-OS
TUr-OS
FDr-OS
TUr-BF (FDr got smashed three times on the same wall,lol)
TUr-OS
TUr-BF (same situation)
TUr-OS

FDr-40%
TUr-60%
FDr main flaw was 1S burst resistance (can someone tell me the weight of Dead Hades and also First Uranus 1S?)

(Jan. 24, 2021  7:44 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: Brave Hyperion 2 xceed'+s MCC vs tempest LuciusII 2A drift

Sorry don't have Hyperion 2& xceed' ,only have these
(Jan. 24, 2021  7:55 AM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: First Dragon Blitz Atomic 1S(angled launch) vs Tempest Uranus Xtend+(Stamina) 2A

FDr-KO (TUr got knocked out then come back ,then knock out again...FDr loses 3 click,almost burst!!)
FDr-KO (lose 1 click)
TUr-OS (almost lose)
FDr-OS
TUr-OS
FDr-OS
TUr-BF (FDr got smashed three times on the same wall,lol)
TUr-OS
TUr-BF (same situation)
TUr-OS

FDr-40%
TUr-60%
FDr main flaw was 1S burst resistance (can someone tell me the weight of Dead Hades and also First Uranus 1S?)

(Jan. 24, 2021  7:44 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: Brave Hyperion 2 xceed'+s MCC vs tempest LuciusII 2A drift

Sorry don't have Hyperion 2& xceed' ,only have these

ok, can you change the Hyperion II to Lucifer I and the xceed' to ultimate reboot'?
(Jan. 02, 2021  8:13 PM)KainHighwind Wrote:

Tempest win % = 55%

Rage = 10 wins (10 KO)
Tempest win % = 50%

Tempest win % = 75%

Tempest = 5 wins (5 OS)
World = 5 wins (5 OS)
Tempest win % = 50%

World = 9 wins (9 OS)
Tempest win % = 55%

This is why I love the wave driver. I personally have tried tempest spriggan wave 2S and I tried it with 2B, but it didn’t have the same stamina. 2S gives it more stamina and slightly better LAD at the cost of defense. It’s not competetive now, but it did well against my sparking combos earlier before DB. Sorry if this is necroposting, but I don’t think 9 months is necroposting especially since this is a thread to test a product
Apparently, Tempest Dragon Aero' Bullet (no mini bey) 1D is decent. I need some more testing, but in same spin it's ok. Haven't tried world stock yet, might be a good match. Can anyone else test it on meta combo, I know it's not tournament legal but it's cool that it can even balance.
(Nov. 18, 2021  3:16 PM)(Blank) Wrote: Apparently, Tempest Dragon Aero' Bullet (no mini bey) 1D is decent. I need some more testing, but in same spin it's ok. Haven't tried world stock yet, might be a good match. Can anyone else test it on meta combo, I know it's not tournament legal but it's cool that it can even balance.
THat sounds like more of a meme combo than a meta combo. 
It'll be destroyed by most stamina/LAD combos. 
Dynamite+F Belial Over Bearing/Rise/Drift
Vanish Fafnir Over Bearing/Rise/Drift
Or by Attack Combos. 
Savior Valkyrie Giga/Nexus+S Xtreme'
Guilty Longinus Giga/Nexus+S Xtreme'

Can also be defeated by superking combos
Tempest Solomon Wheel Xtend+ 1S
World Diabolos Drift 2B
Rage HeliosI(MCC) Xtreme' 3A

or maybe even GT combos like
Master Spriggan 0Wall Zone'+Z
Lord Fafnir 00Cross Xtend+