[Takara Tomy]  Revive Phoenix Testing & Discussion

Revive Phoenix 10Cross Atomic vs Hell Salamander 0Bump Atomic
rP.10C.At: 11 wins (10 OS, 1 Burst)
hS.0B.At: 9 wins (8 OS, 1 Burst)
1 4 _ t i e s _ r e d o n e
rP.10C.At win rate: 55%

So it seems like the strategy against hS is to launch a little harder than you normally would in an attempt to make the Revive Armor fall off and make rP more circular (but also lighter, which is bad for spin equalization). I think all of rP's outspins except for one happened when the armor had fallen off, but even then, with Cross it still wasn't beating hS Bump very consistently. Another issue is that you can't control where the armor goes after it falls off, so at that point it becomes a lot more dependent on who is unlucky enough to walk into it.

Revive Phoenix 10Cross Atomic vs Archer Hercules 7 Eternal
rP.10C.At: 9 wins (all OS)
aH.7.Et: 11 wins (9 0S, 2 burst)
rP.10C.At win rate: 45%

A lot of rP's outspins came from when the armor came off and interfered with aH, but aside from that they seemed pretty even. It seems like rP can work against aH Eternal and hS Atomic, but idk if it's any better than aH would be in the same setup especially with the Revive Armor causing so much inconsistently.
Can you try bearing in place of atomic on rP
Try that Revive Phoenix combo against a Winning Valkyrie Attack combination (7Bump Xtreme/Jolt)?

Can you also try a comparison between Friction and Atomic?
I did a similar rP At vs. hS At match-up and rP was winning pretty consistently even with the armour on, if I remember correctly. But I'll try it again sometime.
I have similar results testing rP.7B.At against hS.0B.At, essentially 50/50 for me. A slight edge to rP perhaps.  I have to admit the many many ties discouraged me to keep going until hitting 20 results.  Thank you very much for powering through.  

I tested against aH.7.Et with rP.7B.At as well.  Again I got some ties but the edge was to aH.  I again gave up bf hitting 20.  Very curious to see what you will get.  

My conclusion was rP is pretty good.  It CAN beat aH and hS but not consistently for me.  The armor seems to make a big difference and is pretty random.  I do feel the armor trips up drivers like revolve, Bearing, and eternal more so than Atomic.  Not sure how I can prove this.

I tried Br on rP briefly to try to shed the armor quickly, which did work.  But I didn’t find it to consistently beat hS on At or aH on Et.   The armor staying in the stadium makes it really difficult to judge the results.
The Inconsistency with rP is exactly what I expected, especially with hS,aH
Maybe if rP armor is dramatic enough we will see a bey that can shoot projectiles? Haha

Over three weeks now, Cmon Japan post!
Did anyone test revive phoenix with an attack driver like destroy
No but I’ll try to test it with spiral, I have no nightmare Longinus, but I got bloody, I’ll test jolt and spiral!

What I’ve seen is that Revive Pheonix out of my few battles,it seems to get out staminaed by King Kerbeous 2Lift Orbit
But it can win against blaze ragnaruk 6Metor Nothing
(Aug. 05, 2018  3:08 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: No but I’ll try to test it with spiral, I have no nightmare Longinus, but I got bloody, I’ll test jolt and spiral!

What I’ve seen is that Revive Pheonix out of my few battles,it seems to get out staminaed by King Kerbeous 2Lift Orbit

So far the best combo I pulled out is revive phoenix.11.bump.orbit
How is rp on et
Let me test it out in the morning, it’s way too late to be beyblading for me lol
(Aug. 05, 2018  3:23 AM)Destinyblader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2018  3:08 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: No but I’ll try to test it with spiral, I have no nightmare Longinus, but I got bloody, I’ll test jolt and spiral!

So far the best combo I pulled out is revive phoenix.11.bump.orbit

Having rP would mean you would have the 10 disk too, right? Swap 11 for 10 disc, it’s a good substitute for 7 and/or 0.
(Aug. 05, 2018  12:39 PM)leosama Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2018  3:23 AM)Destinyblader Wrote: So far the best combo I pulled out is revive phoenix.11.bump.orbit

Having rP would mean you would have the 10 disk too, right? Swap 11 for 10 disc, it’s a good substitute for 7 and/or 0.

Thank you very much
Replacing 11 with 10 was a really good call
And guess what it wrecked all of the beys I put it against

I did a test battle with this combo
Rp.12.jolt
Not bad though

(Aug. 05, 2018  12:39 PM)leosama Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2018  3:23 AM)Destinyblader Wrote: So far the best combo I pulled out is revive phoenix.11.bump.orbit

Did you do any test with attack drivers
(Aug. 05, 2018  12:48 PM)Destinyblader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2018  12:39 PM)leosama Wrote: Having rP would mean you would have the 10 disk too, right? Swap 11 for 10 disc, it’s a good substitute for 7 and/or 0.

Thank you very much

Rp.12.jolt
Not bad though

(Aug. 05, 2018  12:39 PM)leosama Wrote: Having rP would mean you would have the 10 disk too, right? Swap 11 for 10 disc, it’s a good substitute for 7 and/or 0.

The only ones I have are volcanic, trans, and destroy. I use 0 on them though. rP isn’t the best attack layer, but it’s decent for Defense and Stamina Smile
(Aug. 05, 2018  1:08 PM)leosama Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2018  12:48 PM)Destinyblader Wrote: Thank you very much

Rp.12.jolt
Not bad though

The only ones I have are volcanic, trans, and destroy. I use 0 on them though. rP isn’t the best attack layer, but it’s decent for Defense and Stamina :)

If rp is on attack driver its revive armour proves to be a great disadvantagentage

Hey guys does anyone know combos with friction driver
The combos i made were able to win but there was no consistency

My combos

1.eF.0.fr
2.sR.7.fr
3.aH.12.bump.fr
4.dF.0.fr (thus combo was quite good i thought it was bcos of spin steal but it kinda burst once nihtmare longinus )
(Aug. 05, 2018  3:06 AM)Destinyblader Wrote: Did anyone test revive phoenix with an attack driver like destroy

I have done. Works ok, cause it aims for throwing away it's own armor. But Personally I wouldnt take the risk of letting my own bey burst because of too much of it's own attacks, recoil you know causes that sometimes. Also it's easier to destabilize then
Good to see so many interested in helping to test! Those wishing to add some good test results should follow the standard testing procedure. That would really help with providing good and helpful data.

(Aug. 05, 2018  12:48 PM)Destinyblader Wrote: I did a test battle with this combo
Rp.12.jolt
Not bad though

I would not recommend using 12 without a frame. It being illegal in tournaments aside, it also has that reputation of damaging other beys.
(Aug. 06, 2018  2:00 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Good to see so many interested in helping to test! Those wishing to add some good test results should follow the standard testing procedure. That would really help with providing good and helpful data.

(Aug. 05, 2018  12:48 PM)Destinyblader Wrote: I did a test battle with this combo
Rp.12.jolt
Not bad though

I would not recommend using 12 without a frame. It being illegal in tournaments aside, it also has that reputation of damaging other beys.

Point taken ?
My favorite combo is rP 7 Et (Upgrade version of aH)
The weight distribution (left and right) of 7 disc improve the situation of losing balance with rP layer in late game (weight distribution up and down with armor on)

Using pure type driver (e.g. extreme, jolt for attack) is not a great idea since rP perform differently with armor on/off,

both Ds/At work great with rP as well but couldn't bear the hard launch in same spin match and result in being burst with armor simultaneously sometimes

Will post some test result when I back from holiday next week,
pending formal test match-up (rP 7 Et against) :-
hS 0B At
eF 0B At
wV 7S Yl
Revive Phoenix 10Cross Atomic vs Archer Hercules 7 Eternal

A lot of rP's outspins came from when the armor came off and interfered with aH, but aside from that they seemed pretty even. It seems like rP can work against aH Eternal and hS Atomic, but idk if it's any better than aH would be in the same setup especially with the Revive Armor causing so much inconsistently.
Hey guys try out these they were quite good

Rp.10.defense
Rp.10.massive
Rp.10.claw
(Aug. 06, 2018  5:21 AM)Wombat Wrote: Revive Phoenix 10Cross Atomic vs Archer Hercules 7 Eternal

Maybe try rP with a morestationary driver like revolve or eternal so it has less chances of being hitten by its own armour?  Also try rP at vs aH at mirror?
(Aug. 06, 2018  7:22 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2018  5:21 AM)Wombat Wrote: Revive Phoenix 10Cross Atomic vs Archer Hercules 7 Eternal

Maybe try rP with a morestationary driver like revolve or eternal so it has less chances of being hitten by its own armour?  Also try rP at vs aH at mirror?
It was a tie most of the battle never got to see a burst

My combo recently
Rp.10.revolve (meh boring ) but good combo
Rp.10.eternal (competitive )

Maybe will get good combo by changing disks

Can anyone tell me abt changing disks
(i suck at replacing various discs )

Has anyone check with balance type drivers like
Fusion,unite,trans,zephyr,zeta,merge...
My own testings for rP

Revive Phoenix.7Glaive.Atomic vs
Archer Hercules.10.Eternal
rP.7G.At:2 wins (all os)
aH.10.Et:8 wins ( 6 os, 2 KO)

My rP's mold is A2.

Sry for posting only 10 results. I was really sick after my trip to Taiwan.