[Takara Tomy]  Rage Longinus Testing and Discussion

(Jul. 11, 2020  8:06 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2020  7:59 PM)g2_ Wrote: My Keep' is new, maybe that's the reason.

Wow Valkyrie lost.

I hardly ever use my keep driver, so that probably isn't it.
Yeah, Rage on 2S has INSANE recoil.
More than Glide Ragnaruk?
I had to test Rage's power for myself. With my right knuckle in the stadium, Rage struck me, and became the second bey to draw my blood. It's an awesome Beyblade.
(Jul. 12, 2020  2:26 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I had to test Rage's power for myself. With my right knuckle in the stadium, Rage struck me, and became the second bey to draw my blood. It's an awesome Beyblade.
The true Bloody Longinus.
Here are some tests, 2 of them were posted in the ban proposal thread but not here:
(Jul. 12, 2020  2:34 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Here are some tests, 2 of them were posted in the ban proposal thread but not here:
Now this is getting scary can you try the aK combo
(Jul. 12, 2020  2:54 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  2:34 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Here are some tests, 2 of them were posted in the ban proposal thread but not here:
Now this is getting scary can you try the aK combo

I don't have a TT aK layer or a TT Hold/Hold' driver.
Maybe it was already mentioned, but imperial dragon 00e on ds' actually absorbs rage pretty well and counters it imho after about 200 tests. I wasn't satisfied with rage being beat so I started launching rage with the Phoenix zip launcher in a left light launcher which I can launch significantly harder. I did this vs every meta combo and it resulted in many multi bursts, flying out the ring and I even took a Phoenix armor to the face at one point.
(Jul. 16, 2020  2:05 AM)Towndrunk Wrote: Maybe it was already mentioned, but imperial dragon 00e on ds' actually absorbs rage pretty well and counters it imho after about 200 tests. I wasn't satisfied with rage being beat so I started launching rage with the Phoenix zip launcher in a left light launcher which I can launch significantly harder. I did this vs every meta combo and it resulted in many multi bursts, flying out the ring and I even took a Phoenix armor to the face at one point.

I was actually testing that combo a few days ago against Rage, and I forgot to post results.
Rage Longinus Ul' 3A VS Imperial Dragon 00E Ds'
Rage Longinus: 50% (5 KOs)
Imperial Dragon: 50% (3 KOs, 2 OS)

Dang, that must have hurt.
With all this testing, has anyone noticed Rage damaging their beys? I know it can take out rubber quicker than other beys, and I just saw BBG's video where Super Hyperion got a a bit chipped off. Is this common or unlucky moments?
Also, Judgment Achilles (or Diabolos if available) Blitz Qc' Zan vs Rage Longinus Ul' 3A
(Jul. 16, 2020  2:50 PM)SilverRaven Wrote: With all this testing, has anyone noticed Rage damaging their beys? I know it can take out rubber quicker than other beys, and I just saw BBG's video where Super Hyperion got a a bit chipped off. Is this common or unlucky moments?
Also, Judgment Achilles (or Diabolos if available) Blitz Qc' Zan vs Rage Longinus Ul' 3A

My 2S chasis has some damage from it, as well as my 1B.
Unfortunately I don't have Qc'.
(Jul. 16, 2020  2:33 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2020  2:05 AM)Towndrunk Wrote: Maybe it was already mentioned,  but imperial dragon 00e on ds' actually absorbs rage pretty well and counters it imho after about 200 tests.  I wasn't satisfied with rage being beat so I started launching rage with the Phoenix zip launcher in a left light launcher which I can launch significantly harder.  I did this vs every meta combo and it resulted in many multi bursts,  flying out the ring and I even took a Phoenix armor to the face at one point.

I was actually testing that combo a few days ago against Rage, and I forgot to post results.

What Ds' are you using? the best one is probably the one from rage
(Jul. 16, 2020  4:25 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2020  2:33 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I was actually testing that combo a few days ago against Rage, and I forgot to post results.

What Ds' are you using? the best one is probably the one from rage

That's the Ds' I used. (And my only Ds' in general lol)
(Jul. 16, 2020  2:50 PM)SilverRaven Wrote: With all this testing, has anyone noticed Rage damaging their beys? I know it can take out rubber quicker than other beys, and I just saw BBG's video where Super Hyperion got a a bit chipped off. Is this common or unlucky moments?

The judgement vs rage battle is similar to most attack vs attack. I tried Judgement diabolos blitz qc' vs rage on Ul', ds', X',xceed, xtend + and the results are all similar. Definitely leaning toward rage overall but either one has the ability to knock the other out. If there is a lot of wall slapping and they both stay in stadium then obviously judgment on QC' loses to outspin.
Here's another test that kinda surprised me.
Rage Longinus Ultimate Reboot' 3A VS Spriggan Requiem 0C Destroy' (Right)
Spriggan Requiem: 50% (4 KOs, 1 OS)
(Jul. 18, 2020  3:03 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Here's another test that kinda surprised me.
Why didnt you use Lord?
(Jul. 18, 2020  3:06 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2020  3:03 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Here's another test that kinda surprised me.
Why didnt you use Lord?

Lord tends to not be as fast and actually gets KO’ed more. Spriggan Requiem being lighter gives it a slight advantage over Lord here. Although for that sake, #Fafnir should do the same test with Lord Spriggan as the layer to see what happens.
(Jul. 18, 2020  3:06 PM)g2_ Wrote:
Why didnt you use Lord?

That test was actually a request from BuilderROB.
The idea was that since Requiem is lighter than Lord, it would go around the tornado ridge quicker. And it did. Requiem was faster than Rage, and so when they collided, Requiem was actually able to KO it.
Of course, Rage is heavier, so sometimes it would KO Requiem instead.
I received my Rage Longinus today, and while I haven’t done much testing...I am astounded simply by how STRONG the stock combo is.

Destroy’ is already a top tier attacker, paired up with Rage and 3A, and damn, it was smacking my Judgement and Lord Spriggan quite a fair bit. I’m quite scared of seeing how this performs with Xtreme’ (which I don’t have).

I know there’s threads advocating for its ban...but I’m genuinely curious to see how well it’ll perform in a tournament setting. Loving this release.
Just got my Rage. Any requests?
(Jul. 29, 2020  9:08 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Just got my Rage. Any requests?

Your lucky lol. I ordered mine from toysplustw and I bought it the day it released and it's still not here. (Apologies for my grammar)
If anyone has the parts can someone do Rage Diabolos Wheel Charge' 1S Vs Lord Spriggan (Left) Blitz Bearing
(Aug. 05, 2020  12:09 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: If anyone has the parts can someone do Rage Diabolos Wheel Charge' 1S Vs Lord Spriggan (Left) Blitz Bearing

hmm ok coming soon

After a series of bouts with stock Rage vs Judgement Diabolos Blitz Qc' and a lot of massive impacts, I noted several tiny flakes of black rubber from Judgement on the floor of the arena (I have the red/black RBV release of Judgment). Amazingly, neither burst.

(Jul. 16, 2020  5:43 PM)Towndrunk Wrote: The judgement vs rage battle is similar to most attack vs attack. I tried Judgement diabolos blitz qc' vs rage on Ul', ds', X',xceed, xtend + and the results are all similar. Definitely leaning toward rage overall but either one has the ability to knock the other out. If there is a lot of wall slapping and they both stay in stadium then obviously judgment on QC' loses to outspin.

I agree.

My experimenting is early yet, but I don't think Rage would be any more damaging to the meta than Judgment or Lord. In that regard, it's nice to have more competition. OTOH, if over time it shows a propensity to damage beys, that's another story.
(Jul. 18, 2020  3:12 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2020  3:06 PM)g2_ Wrote: Why didnt you use Lord?

That test was actually a request from BuilderROB.
The idea was that since Requiem is lighter than Lord, it would go around the tornado ridge quicker. And it did. Requiem was faster than Rage, and so when they collided, Requiem was actually able to KO it.

(Jul. 30, 2020  12:05 AM)Logic123ABC Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  9:08 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Just got my Rage. Any requests?

Your lucky lol.  I ordered mine from toysplustw and I bought it the day it released and it's still not here.  (Apologies for my grammar)
Try regalia genesis/big bang genesis generate against rage
(Aug. 06, 2020  9:22 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2020  3:12 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: That test was actually a request from BuilderROB.

(Jul. 30, 2020  12:05 AM)Logic123ABC Wrote: Your lucky lol.  I ordered mine from toysplustw and I bought it the day it released and it's still not here.  (Apologies for my grammar)
Try regalia genesis/big bang genesis generate against rage
Dude, whats with the Genesis Generate combo thing? Do you really like it that much?