[Takara Tomy]  Rage Longinus Testing and Discussion

Huh, I thought this was a thread about testing Rage Longinus.
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:21 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:07 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote: I just said my mom will kill me if i tryUnhappy
Kill her first.

Remember this a children friendly website bro
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:23 AM)kai edits Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:21 AM)g2_ Wrote: Kill her first.

Remember this a children friendly website bro
Every child ever knows what a kill is.
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:41 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:23 AM)kai edits Wrote: Remember this a children friendly website bro
Every child ever knows what a kill is.
Kid friendly content
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:47 AM)kai edits Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:41 AM)g2_ Wrote: Every child ever knows what a kill is.
Kid friendly content
It is kid friendly, even Ryuga was killed in MFB.
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:51 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:47 AM)kai edits Wrote: Kid friendly content
It is kid friendly, even Ryuga was killed in MFB.
Sorry for getting off topic. Try rage meta combo vs  Variant valkyrie 2b dimension dash
(Aug. 07, 2020  9:23 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: If 2S was solid do y'all think it would be worth testing Rage Longinus with 1S and a disk? Something like Rage Longinus Wheel Extreme' 1S

Wheel is a great choice with a dash driver for attack, I just feel that you lose a lot of the attack power on Rage when you take off 3A. Wheel is also fairly bursty on a single chassis. The contact points would be kind of weird. Zwei on Wheel and X' or Ds' is a better choice imo. 

I'd recommend testing it against the Brave combo on Xt+ and 2A to get a feel of its knockout power.
(Aug. 08, 2020  1:11 AM)kai edits Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:51 AM)g2_ Wrote: It is kid friendly, even Ryuga was killed in MFB.
Sorry for getting off topic. Try rage meta combo vs  Variant valkyrie 2b dimension dash

Ok Doing it 😊
Can someone try Rage Diabolos Wheel Charge' 1S Vs Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+ (Left, Stamina)
Rage Longinus Ultimate Reboot 3A vs Variant Valkyrie Dimension' 2D

RL.Ul'.3A:80%(6 O.S 2.K.Os almost Burst)
VV.Dm'.2D:20%(2 K.Os)

(Aug. 08, 2020  2:47 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Can someone try Rage Diabolos Wheel Charge' 1S Vs Lord Spriggan 0Cross Xtend+ (Left, Stamina)

Ok Doing it 😊
Can someone try Rage Longinus 2S revolve against Storm Pegasus Ratchet Rise?
rage longinus 3A Ultimate Reboot' vs Perfect Phoenix 0C Orbit, Atomic, and Orbit Metal, maybe Orbit can stay in the stadium
(Aug. 13, 2020  2:46 AM)HyperBey123 Wrote: rage longinus 3A Ultimate Reboot' vs Perfect Phoenix 0C Orbit, Atomic, and Orbit Metal, maybe Orbit can stay in the stadium

Master Spriggan (Left Spin) Wheel Orbit Metal is able to counter Rage Longinus quite well.
What driver other than Ul' (dont have) is good for Rage Longinus? I have Volcanic', Zephyr', Jolt, and Destroy' (regular) for Mobile Attack and Orbit, Atomic, and Metal Orbit for Stationary Attack.
(Aug. 13, 2020  3:33 AM)HyperBey123 Wrote: What driver other than Ul' (dont have) is good for Rage Longinus? I have Volcanic', Zephyr', Jolt, and Destroy' (regular) for Mobile Attack and Orbit, Atomic, and Metal Orbit for Stationary Attack.

Destroy' is still a great choice. A lot of people run the stock combo in tournaments.

Otherwise Jolt and Volcanic' are great options for attack type drivers. Jolt just runs out of juice quick so you gotta nail the launch.

I don't run it as a stationary attacker but Atomic or Orbit Metal are always fun choices.
what are everyone’s thoughts on replacing the longinus chip with fafnir? i’ve always thought it negates the shorter prong hooks that the longinus chip has (like valkyrie, subsequently i also use lucifer chip on the brave layer )
(Aug. 13, 2020  3:05 PM)iNjza Wrote: what are everyone’s thoughts on replacing the longinus chip with fafnir? i’ve always thought it negates the shorter prong hooks that the longinus chip has (like valkyrie, subsequently i also use lucifer chip on the brave layer )

I prefer using the Fafnir sparking chip over the Longinus sparking chip as well.
From the testing I've done with it, I'd say the Fafnir chip has more burst resistance.
(Aug. 13, 2020  3:12 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2020  3:05 PM)iNjza Wrote: what are everyone’s thoughts on replacing the longinus chip with fafnir? i’ve always thought it negates the shorter prong hooks that the longinus chip has (like valkyrie, subsequently i also use lucifer chip on the brave layer )

I prefer using the Fafnir sparking chip over the Longinus sparking chip as well.
From the testing I've done with it, I'd say the Fafnir chip has more burst resistance.

that’s my testing results as well.. not that it bursts much ... but a small advantage is a small advantage Smile
Does Rage 3A render useless Zwei Diabolos Sting? has an attack combo, or is Rage just preferable than Zwei?
(Aug. 13, 2020  3:17 PM)iNjza Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2020  3:12 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I prefer using the Fafnir sparking chip over the Longinus sparking chip as well.

that’s my testing results as well.. not that it bursts much ... but a small advantage is a small advantage :)
It definitely should be better. The elongated burst resistance of the Fafnir chip combined with the metal on Rage should theoretically make the Fafnir chip particularly better. The reason for this is that the shorter but buffer resistance of a chip like Longinus would already sustain enough damage to plow through more of the chips resistance during the first few heavy hits of a battle when the beys are spinning at high velocity whereas Fafnir wouldn’t be as effected due to elongated resistance. Despite this, the buffer resistance of Longinus combined with a dash driver should make Longinus the better choice when using plastic dash drivers.

(Aug. 26, 2020  12:48 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: Does Rage 3A render useless Zwei Diabolos Sting? has an attack combo, or is Rage just preferable than Zwei?
That’s a pretty good question that nobody has completely answered. Rage 3A is effectively a heavier and more recoil based Zwei, so as an educated guess we could assume it definitely does make Zwei obsolete. Still, we should still give it some tests.
(Aug. 26, 2020  12:48 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: Does Rage 3A render useless Zwei Diabolos Sting? has an attack combo, or is Rage just preferable than Zwei?
Rage is just better than zwei in terms of attack even finding its counter is hard
Rage Longinus 3A Jolt' vs Rage Longinus 3A Xt+ Attack mode

Also if you dont have rage try to use Zwei Longinus Wheel/00Bump Jolt'/Xtreme'/Ev'
Rage Fafnir Xtend+ (Defense Mode) 2S (Sliding Shoot) Vs. Lord Achilles 0Wall Bearing (Weak Launch). I did ten rounds.

Results:

Rage Fafnir: 80% (3 KO’s 5 OS’)

Lord Achilles: 20% (1 OS 1 KO)
Now here’s something interesting,

Zwei Diabolos 10 Glaive Jolt’ VS Rage Longinus Evolution’ (Awakened) 3A
(Alt. Launching with ties re done)
ZD.10G.Jl’: 12 wins (11 KOs, 1 OS)
RLn.Ev’.3A: 8 wins (2 OS, 5 KOs, 1 BF)

Zwei was doing surprisingly well for being the predecessor to Rage. It seems to be really showing off it’s anti attack potential.
Orb Egis 00Cross Keep’ (Weak Launched) Vs Rage Fafnir Ultimate Reboot’ 3A. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Rage Fafnir: 100% (3 KO’s 7 OS’)

Orb Egis: 0%

Prime Apocalypse 00Cross Xtend+ (Defense Mode) (Weak Launched) Vs. Rage Longinus Ultimate Reboot’ 3A. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Prime Apocalypse: 40% (3 KO’s 1 OS)

Rage Longinus: 60% (5 KO’s 1 OS)

Master Achilles 00Cross Keep’ Vs Rage Fafnir Ultimate Reboot’ 3A. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Master Achilles: 20% (2 KO’s)

Rage Fafnir: 80% (4 KO’s 4 OS’)