[Takara Tomy]  High Blow' Testing and Discussion

Ok so High Blow' is in-fact different enough from Blow', Accel', Zephyr', Assault', and Fusion' to test it. Otherwise I think HB' would just get banned just because its related too closely with Blow'.

The two main layers High Blow' would be used on are Acid Anubis and Odin. I do not own A2, so my tests use Odin.

Odin.Heavy.High Blow' vs Roktavor.Gravity.Octa
(Odin launched second)
O.H.HB': 9 wins (6 OS, 3 BF)
R.G.Octa: 1 win (1 OS)
Ties: 0
Notes: Odin being launched second means a real match of this would go differently, but not really.

Odin.Heavy.High Blow' vs Dragoon F.Yell.Absorb
(Odin launched second)
O.H.HB': 7 wins (2 OS, 2 KO, 3 BF)
DGF.Y.Ab: 3 wins (3 OS)

Odin.Heavy.High Blow' vs Victory Valkyrie.Knuckle.Quick'
(V2 launched second)
O.H.HB': 5 wins (4 OS, 1 BF)
V2.K.Qc': 5 wins (3 OS, 2 KO)

Odin.Heavy.High Blow' vs Dark Deathscyther.Spread.Revolve
(Odin launched second)
O.H.HB': 9 wins (9 OS)
D2.S.R: 11 wins (11 OS)
Notes: Odin being launched second means a real match of this would go more in D2's favor.

Odin.Heavy.High Blow' vs Kaiser Kerbeus.Gravity.Orbit
(Odin launched second)
O.H.HB': 7 wins (6 OS, 1 BF)
K2.G.O: 3 wins (3 OS)
Notes: K2 really is as B tier as people say it is.

Odin.Heavy.High Blow' vs Dark Deathscyther.Gravity.Orbit
(Odin launched second)
O.H.HB': 6 wins (5 OS, 1 BF)
D2.G.O: 4 wins (4 OS)
Ties: 1

Comparison Example to Assault'

Odin.Heavy.Assault' vs Dark Deathscyther.Spread.Revolve
(Odin launched second)
O.H.assault': 7 wins (7 OS)
D2.S.R: 3 wins (3 OS)
Notes: Yeah I admit I can see why the driver is banned. Its kind of a shame though because using Assault' is really fun.

It seems like High Blow' is weaker than its normal height counterparts as the tall height makes it more susceptible to KOs and being destabilized. Although HB' seems to counter stationary attack, and left spin can't counter it because DGF is too frail. All of the tornado stall dash drivers would have a counter if there was a competent left spin layer in the format, of course it would still need to have the LAD reduction DGF has to have counters.

I don't really have a prescriptive opinion on High Blow' other than to give in time in a tournament to see. It could be too reliable of a safe pick in first stage.
(Nov. 10, 2020  1:26 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Notes: Yeah I admit I can see why the driver is banned. Its kind of a shame though because using Assault' is really fun.

Will you be adding this conclusion and test to your Assult’ thread for completion sake?
(Nov. 16, 2020  6:50 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2020  1:26 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Notes: Yeah I admit I can see why the driver is banned. Its kind of a shame though because using Assault' is really fun.

Will you be adding this conclusion and test to your Assult’ thread for completion sake?

No. I'm gonna bury that one like how "Free the 12" should stay buried.
(Nov. 16, 2020  4:05 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2020  6:50 AM)Shindog Wrote: Will you be adding this conclusion and test to your Assult’ thread for completion sake?

No. I'm gonna bury that one like how "Free the 12" should stay buried.
I see, that’s convenient.  It does also seem a bit unfair to a decision that was so heavily criticized.
(Nov. 16, 2020  4:15 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2020  4:05 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: No. I'm gonna bury that one like how "Free the 12" should stay buried.
I see, that’s convenient.  It does also seem a bit unfair to a decision that was so heavily criticized.

It was criticized for a lack of evidence provided to justify the decision, rather than the decision itself.
So why not provide the evidence