[Takara Tomy]  Cho-Z Spriggan test

Started testing choS.  This is assuming current rules allow spin mode change.  I think allowing mode change on this layer can be a problem.  

(Left) ChoS.0P.At vs (LC)hS.7L.Br
ChoS. 6 burst 3 Os 9 wins (90% win rate) 
hS.     1 OS (10% win rate) 

I alternated my left and right hand using my dual launch set up.  Although I feel I have gotten pretty good and launching pretty evenly.  

Video. https://youtu.be/CCbqn4CfLck

Edit:

(Right)choS.0P.At vs (LC)aH.7.Et
choS. 5 OS 2 KO 7 wins (70% win rate)
aH.    2 OS 1 Ko 3 wins (30% win rate)

Video. https://youtu.be/4rjStUBVO-Q

Edit:
(Right)choS.0P.At vs (LC) hS.0P.At
hS 9 OS 9 wins (90% win rate)
choS 1 OS 1 win (10% win rate)

Video. https://youtu.be/K-BR4l4nmzQ

(Left)choS.0P.At vs (LC) hS.0P.At
choS 6 OS 1 KO 7 wins (64% win rate)
hS 3 OS 1 KO 4 wins (36% win rate)

Video. https://youtu.be/KICg8WX7yyQ
Wow, try it against Archer Hercules, 10 or 7, Eternal.
(Nov. 22, 2018  8:35 AM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: Wow, try it against Archer Hercules, 10 or 7, Eternal.

That will be next.

Adding results against (LC)aH.7.Et to intia post
Hey try hs xt+ against this
Why would you be able to change modes during the match? I looked for what you meant in the thread for the customize set but I didn't find it somehow.
(Nov. 22, 2018  4:43 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Why would you be able to change modes during the match? I looked for what you meant in the thread for the customize set but I didn't find it somehow.
The rule book doesn’t currently prevent you from changing spin direction on choS.  It does prevent you from changing spin direction on Sr.

adding results of choS.At vs hS.At (same and opposite spin)
Can you test ChoS 7 cross destoy against the above combos?
Please try (Left) ChoS 7Proof Destroy vs Dead Hades 7Bump Xtreme
I do mean to test Ds or Ds’ as it seems like another good choice on choS. Probably not today tho. It’s Thanksgiving and should be doing thanksgiving stuff.
(Nov. 22, 2018  5:49 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2018  4:43 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Why would you be able to change modes during the match? I looked for what you meant in the thread for the customize set but I didn't find it somehow.
The rule book doesn’t currently prevent you from changing spin direction on choS.  It does prevent you from changing spin direction on Sr.

Oh. Didn't think about it like that.

But it has the same gimmick for mode changes, so wouldn't that rule apply?
Does anyone have an idea of where I can buy this set for cheap?
(Nov. 22, 2018  7:23 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2018  5:49 PM)Shindog Wrote: The rule book doesn’t currently prevent you from changing spin direction on choS.  It does prevent you from changing spin direction on Sr.

Oh. Didn't think about it like that.

That I don’t know.  But lS is not governed by this rule is it?
(Nov. 22, 2018  7:45 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2018  7:23 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Oh. Didn't think about it like that.

Only Sr is governed by this rule due to its ability to spin steal with the rubber and its round shape, making able to change to its situation and be unstoppable if allowed to.
(Nov. 22, 2018  7:45 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2018  7:23 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Oh. Didn't think about it like that.

True. I just checked and only Requiem is specified.
Here are some tests @[LazerBeamz] did with choS. He told me that even though he's launching as hard as he can, the Burst Stoppers for his choS aren't deploying. I'm really not sure what the issue was, but maybe it'll fix itself as time goes on.

(Right Spin) Cho-Z Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Odd) vs. (Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 7Glaive Atomic (Even)
- choS.0W.Br: 7 OS (70% Win Rate)
- hS.7G.At: 2 Burst, 1 KO (30% Win Rate)

(Right Spin) Cho-Z Spriggan 7Glaive Atomic (Odd) vs. (Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 7Glaive Atomic (Even)
- choS.7G.At: 0 Wins (0% Win Rate)
- hS.7G.At: 7 OS, 2 KO, 1 Burst (100% Win Rate)

(Right Spin) Cho-Z Spriggan 7Glaive Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (Odd) vs. (Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 7Glaive Atomic (Even)
- choS.7G.Xt+: 7 OS, 1 KO (80% Win Rate)
- hS.7G.At: 2 KO (20% Win Rate)
(Dec. 03, 2018  6:15 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: Here are some tests @[LazerBeamz] did with choS. He told me that even though he's launching as hard as he can, the Burst Stoppers for his choS aren't deploying. I'm really not sure what the issue was, but maybe it'll fix itself as time goes on.

(Right Spin) Cho-Z Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Odd) vs. (Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 7Glaive Atomic (Even)
- choS.0W.Br: 7 OS (70% Win Rate)
- hS.7G.At: 2 Burst, 1 KO (30% Win Rate)

(Right Spin) Cho-Z Spriggan 7Glaive Atomic (Odd) vs. (Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 7Glaive Atomic (Even)
- choS.7G.At: 0 Wins (0% Win Rate)
- hS.7G.At: 7 OS, 2 KO, 1 Burst (100% Win Rate)

(Right Spin) Cho-Z Spriggan 7Glaive Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (Odd) vs. (Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 7Glaive Atomic (Even)
- choS.7G.Xt+: 7 OS, 1 KO (80% Win Rate)
- hS.7G.At: 2 KO (20% Win Rate)

To start, you should begin by manually checking your Cho-Z Spriggan to see if the springs compress each time the blades begin to move. If they don’t, there’s obviously a problem with your Layer. If it did work, Cho-Z Spriggan would’ve only needed a much harder launch than the hardest he can. And because he claimed it was his hardest launch he could, I recommend changing launchers to a faster spinning one to assist in awakening Cho-Z Spriggan. Regardless, even if he couldn’t awaken Spriggan, it did excessively well against the opponent based on statistical results, even though there were a few bursts from time to time.

If you happen to awaken every blade in the energy layer possible on that launch, may I suggest you record that as awakened mode?
(Dec. 03, 2018  1:38 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: To start, you should begin by manually checking your Cho-Z Spriggan to see if the springs compress each time the blades begin to move. If they don’t, there’s obviously a problem with your Layer. If it did work, Cho-Z Spriggan would’ve only needed a much harder launch than the hardest he can. And because he claimed it was his hardest launch he could, I recommend changing launchers to a faster spinning one to assist in awakening Cho-Z Spriggan. Regardless, even if he couldn’t awaken Spriggan, it did excessively well against the opponent based on statistical results, even though there were a few bursts from time to time.

If you happen to awaken every blade in the energy layer possible on that launch, may I suggest you record that as awakened mode?
Got it. I'll definitely let him know.
(Nov. 22, 2018  8:06 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2018  7:45 PM)Shindog Wrote: That I don’t know.  But lS is not governed by this rule is it?

True. I just checked and only Requiem is specified.

Sadly, this lack of a rule didn't last until December for choS...
Preliminary first impressions on Cho-Z Spriggan. I think there is hope yet for using Cho-Z Spriggan as a Dual Spin Attack Type. Was able to Burst and Knock-Out Hell Salamander on Atomic with Cho-Z Spriggan on Jolt in the few tests that I did
And with the launch strength required for the Burst stop gimmick and the fact that the points of contact are almost exactly like Legend Spriggan's, I think Cho-Z Spriggan could be more useful as an Attack Type

I can do full testing tomorrow so we'll see
I really suggest using Cho-Z Spriggan as a left-spinning bearing user tbh. Cho-Z Spriggan.0/7/10W/L.Br has a rather strong match-up against Archer Hercules and Revive Phoenix combos although it can struggle against the heavy weight and ko-attacking of Dead Hades combos based on my testing. If you wanted to go niche as a right-spin Hell Salamander stopper, it has a strong matchup there too if the salamander isn't using bearing. Not to mention that it's been nearly two weeks of me just fooling around with it and I only really remember it bursting once or twice, most likely due to me getting tired and launching it too weak for the burst blockers to deploy. It seems to generally have good burst resistance even without the blockers at times and I'm pinning that on the semi-round shape coupled with how wide it is.
Do u think spriggan would do good in pre dual layer parts
(Dec. 06, 2018  10:46 AM)Adam Walker Wrote: Do u think spriggan would do good in pre dual layer parts
Yep , (eg : Spread was a LAD beast and Xtreme is one of the BEST Attack drivers available )
(Dec. 06, 2018  10:49 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2018  10:46 AM)Adam Walker Wrote: Do u think spriggan would do good in pre dual layer parts
Yep , (eg : Spread was a LAD beast and Xtreme is one of the BEST Attack drivers available )

Yep...and some more parts like gyro,defense,
I'd suggest testing CZ-S.0C.Et against attack types.
Might I add that this combo could possibly be the next meta:
CZ-S.0W.At