[Takara Tomy]  Bloody Longinus (Layer) Testing & Discussion

[Image: cVUB52P.jpg]
Bloody Longinus Testing & Discussion
Companion Video

Probably the most anticipated thread of the past few weeks or so, haha. As of now I was only able to test against Spriggan Requiem on Bearing, but more testing will be coming soon, most likely against right spin stuff (Garuda or otherwise) and also maybe Ark Bahamut.

Bloody Longinus 0 Weight vs. Spriggan Requiem 7Bump Bearing
bL.0.W: 15 wins (3 KO, 9 Burst, 3 OS)
Sr.7B.Br: 5 wins (all OS)
bL.0.W win rate: 75%

Bloody Longinus definitely has control over this matchup - the bL user can launch as hard as they want without any real fear of self bursting that I observed (I don't think bL ever skipped more than 2 teeth during this test), while the Sr user is stuck trying to find the right launch strength to avoid bursting while still managing to outspin bL. I think 4 out of the 5 times Sr won, it had skipped 3 teeth and one of the outspins was really close.

Nightmare Longinus Glaive Weight vs. Spriggan Requiem 7Bump Bearing (Benchmark)
nLG.W: 9 wins (7 burst, 2 OS)
Sr.7B.Br 11 wins (all OS)
nLG.W win rate: 45%

This is actually a matchup I've wanted to try for a while, by using nL in a stationary combo it should have a much better chance of bursting Sr than on Xtreme, Hunter, or Variable. It didn't seem to be as consistent as bL though, and nL on a KO setup is already known to be pretty inconsistent against Sr Bearing. At this point, it's starting to look like bL outclasses nL, the only thing I'd need to check is whether nL performs better vs Attack since iLinnuc said bL was especially weak to Attack.

Bloody Longinus 8Under Variable vs. Spriggan Requiem 7Bump Bearing
bL.8U.V: 8 wins (5 KO, 3 Burst)
Sr.7B.Br: 12 wins (1 KO, 11 OS)
1 tie (double burst) redone
bL.8U.V win rate: 40%

It was less effective at beating Sr Bearing on Variable (which is my Driver of choice for Left Spin KO Attack because its width allows it to outprecess right spin Xtreme/Hunter, and the extra speed helps it punch through weak-launching right spin stamina combos a little better). Would probably perform better in this specific matchup on like 8G.X/Hn instead since those are easier to control vs same spin.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs Deep Chaos 7 Revolve
bL.8G.Jl: 11 wins (10 KO, 1 burst)
dC.7.R: 9 wins (all OS)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 55%

Even with a weak launch, Deep Chaos' poor defense meant that it was relatively easy for bL to KO it.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs Garuda G3 7Cross Orbit
bL.8G.Jl: 5 wins (all KO)
G3.7C.O: 15 wins (2 KO, 13 OS)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 25%
As expected, it was pretty ineffective against G3.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs. MGC Alter Chronos 7Cross Atomic
bL.8G.Jl: 8 wins (all KO)
MGC aC.7C.At: 12 wins (1 KO, 10 OS, 1 burst)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 40%

That one burst came out of absolutely nowhere, considering that for most of the other round bL hardly ever skipped a tooth.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs. Sieg Xcalibur 2Cross Weight
bL.8G.Jl: 10 wins (9 KO, 1 OS)
sX.2C.W: 10 wins (1 KO, 6 OS, 3 burst)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 50%

Decided to test it vs attack, launched sX at around 40% power because it has a harder time spin-equalizing than something like aC/G3/dC (and also to give it some chance to hit back). It seems like they were pretty even for the most part. Longinus' one outspin came from when it basically beat sX to death against the wall, haha.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs. Ark Bahamut 0Bump Destroy
bL.8G.Jl: 18 wins (3 KO, 1 OS, 14 burst)
aB.0B.Ds: 2 win (2 KO)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 90%

No matter what launch strength/technique I tried, there was basically no way for me to keep aB from bursting in this battle. Even if aB was able to avoid or survive the early hits, bL would basically always get the late game burst. The KOs were from when bL got one hit on aB and then self-KOed, decided to count them since there was contact.
Could you try the combo bloody longinus 7 meteor jolt on spriggan requiem 7Bump bearing?
(May. 06, 2018  7:07 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: How is the Sr spinning? Left or right?

Obviously left spin.

A combo from, a simple one.
bL on 7m.x
Against the unbearable
Think you can try some benchmark tests with Nightmare or even Lost Longinus?
(May. 06, 2018  1:40 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  7:07 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: How is the Sr spinning? Left or right?

Obviously left spin.
Then you should switch it to right cuz that just defeats the purpose...
(May. 06, 2018  4:09 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  1:40 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: Obviously left spin.
Then you should switch it to right cuz that just defeats the purpose...

Sr.7B.Br is played in left spin most if not all of the time.

this is a solid test combo (from an expert)

—- 

as a side thought 

i wonder if the 75% bL win rate is eclipsed by any existing competitive nL combos.

i suspect there are similarly high performing nL combos already in play.  so as far as speaking to the ongoing Sr ban discussion, i’m not sure a 75% bL win rate against Sr hurts the case for banning Sr.
(May. 06, 2018  4:19 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: as a side thought 

i wonder if the 75% bL win rate is eclipsed by any existing competitive nL combos.

i suspect there are similarly high performing nL combos already in play.  so as far as speaking to the ongoing Sr ban discussion, i’m not sure a 75% bL win rate against Sr hurts the case for banning Sr.

Yes, I'd really like to see comparisons of effectiveness with Nightmare Longinus combos in general. If bL better fills the role or if they both end up having different niches.
(May. 06, 2018  4:19 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  4:09 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Then you should switch it to right cuz that just defeats the purpose...

Sr.7B.Br is played in left spin most if not all of the time.

The whole reason that they spin it left is for burst-resistance against the right spin beys...
(May. 06, 2018  5:45 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  4:19 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: Sr.7B.Br is played in left spin most if not all of the time.

The whole reason that they spin it left is for burst-resistance against the right spin beys...

Nightmare Longninus was the only competitive Left Spin Attack Type in the game, every other time you'd be up against a Right Spin and you can never tell what Beyblade the opponent will use so most people just keep Spriggan Requiem on Left Spin at all times (Besides, Spriggan Requiem on Left Spin can still beat Nightmare Longinus about 50% of the time so it's still a very safe choice)
Can somebody pls test bloody longinus 0bump xtreme vs spriggan requiem 7bump bearing and deep chaos 4glauve atomic
Spriggan Requiem was in left spin.

Nightmare Longinus Glaive Weight vs. Spriggan Requiem 7Bump Bearing
This is actually a matchup I've wanted to try for a while, by using nL in a stationary combo it should have a much better chance of bursting Sr than on Xtreme, Hunter, or Variable. It didn't seem to be as consistent as bL though, and nL on a KO setup is already known to be pretty inconsistent against Sr Bearing. At this point, it's starting to look like bL outclasses nL, the only thing I'd need to check is whether nL performs better vs Attack since iLinnuc said bL was especially weak to Attack.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs Deep Chaos 7 Revolve
bL.8G.Jl: 11 wins (10 KO, 1 burst)
dC.7.R: 9 wins (all OS)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 55%
Even with a weak launch, Deep Chaos' poor defense meant that it was relatively easy for bL to KO it.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs Garuda G3 7Cross Orbit
bL.8G.Jl: 5 wins (all KO)
G3.7C.O: 15 wins (2 KO, 13 OS)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 25%
As expected, it was pretty ineffective against G3.

Updated the OP with these tests as well.
How much faster would you say Jolt is compared to Xtreme?

Also, maybe test it against some older Right Spin Defense combos like Alter Chronos 7 Glaive/Cross Orbit and Galaxy Zeus 7 Glaive/Cross Orbit? I'd really like to see how much recoil it has against right spin opponents
(May. 06, 2018  6:04 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  5:45 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: The whole reason that they spin it left is for burst-resistance against the right spin beys...

Nightmare Longninus was the only competitive Left Spin Attack Type in the game, every other time you'd be up against a Right Spin and you can never tell what Beyblade the opponent will use so most people just keep Spriggan Requiem on Left Spin at all times (Besides, Spriggan Requiem on Left Spin can still beat Nightmare Longinus about 50% of the time so it's still a very safe choice)
But you should be able to switch spin because you know that you're going against bL(Left spin) then it can steal spin and therefore, deflect attacks. It'll work like two gears...
(May. 07, 2018  4:52 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  6:04 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Nightmare Longninus was the only competitive Left Spin Attack Type in the game, every other time you'd be up against a Right Spin and you can never tell what Beyblade the opponent will use so most people just keep Spriggan Requiem on Left Spin at all times (Besides, Spriggan Requiem on Left Spin can still beat Nightmare Longinus about 50% of the time so it's still a very safe choice)
But you should be able to switch spin because you know that you're going against bL(Left spin) then it can steal spin and therefore, deflect attacks. It'll work like two gears...

You can't tell unless your opponent is only using one combination for the entire tournament (which they're stupid for trying with anything else but Spriggan Requiem)
Can you please test bloody longinus on xtreme over jolt for benchmark comparisons
(May. 07, 2018  4:55 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  4:52 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: But you should be able to switch spin because you know that you're going against bL(Left spin) then it can steal spin and therefore, deflect attacks. It'll work like two gears...

You can't tell unless your opponent is only using one combination for the entire tournament (which they're stupid for trying with anything else but Spriggan Requiem)

But I'm only asking for testing purpose and see how it goes... So, Hey @[Wombat]! Can you please do some tests with Sr.7/0B.Br on right against bL combos? Thanks!
(May. 07, 2018  2:14 AM)Wombat Wrote: Spriggan Requiem was in left spin.

Nightmare Longinus Glaive Weight vs. Spriggan Requiem 7Bump Bearing

Im really surprised by these results for nL.

I ran similar nL tests and got results almost identical to the bL results.

And adding bump to the nL combo was even one burst better than the bL results.

i’ll keep testing, who knows
Thanks for the tests! Interesting that bL does decently against Deep Chaos; I've found that nL has always been ineffective against it.

How new would you say your Nightmare Longinus is, @[Wombat]? Has it been used a lot? I've observed a stark difference in the performance of a brand new nL (or even moderately used) versus a heavily used one versus Spriggan Requiem.
(May. 06, 2018  6:04 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Nightmare Longninus was the only competitive Left Spin Attack Type in the game, every other time you'd be up against a Right Spin and you can never tell what Beyblade the opponent will use so most people just keep Spriggan Requiem on Left Spin at all times (Besides, Spriggan Requiem on Left Spin can still beat Nightmare Longinus about 50% of the time so it's still a very safe choice)

Lost Longinus also exists for left-spin Attack, and is much better for Burst Attack in my personal opinion. Just...it's not worth it against Requiem...
Can you test Sr in Right Spin anyways?
Would you say my current Bloody Longinus Draft is accurate with these tests?
(May. 07, 2018  9:55 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Would you say my current Bloody Longinus Draft is accurate with these tests?

I think we should test it on xtreme first and also against attack