THE MANDATORY GACKT TOPIC

Tamer Brad Wrote:
Artie Wrote:i mean his face

don't be condescending

it isn't though, gackt is seen as one of the most masculine men in japan

the typical masculine man from america would be seen as homosexual in japan

yeah difference of culture, doesn't mean i still think he's more feminine than what i see usually

im still in america aka land of fatties and freedom fries
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Artie Wrote:i mean his face

don't be condescending

it isn't though, gackt is seen as one of the most masculine men in japan

the typical masculine man from america would be seen as homosexual in japan

If this is true then I need to move to Japan and fast.

Masculine homosexuals? Yes please.
So Gackt is going to co-star in a Hollywood film called Bunraku. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1181795/
Ichida Wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/200...ual-singer

Darn it Gackt, we want albums not movies or games! That being said, I can't stop listening to the sample they link to on that page. @_@
Kei Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/200...ual-singer

Darn it Gackt, we want albums not movies or games! That being said, I can't stop listening to the sample they link to on that page. @_@

He doesn't have to do anything to contribute to this, so it's certainly not distracting him or anything.
Favourite three songs from each album? Realized not long ago that I've listened to 99% of Gackt songs now.

Mars: Emu ~for my dear~, U+K, Asrun Dream
Rebirth: 4th..., Uncontrol, Kalmia
MOON: Lu:Na, Wasurenai Kara, death wish
Crescent: Dybbuk, Kimi ga matteiru kara, Birdcage (Jougen no Tsuki)
Love Letter: Tea Cup, Kono yoru ga owaru mae ni, Sakura Sou
Diabolos: Ash, Metamorphoze, Dispar
0079-0088: Can't decide between Ai Senshi and Meguriai

I really love Saikai~Story~ as well, but it hasn't been on any albums (other than The Sixth Day which was a compilation).

MOON and Love Letter, as a whole, are definitely my favourite albums. It was hard to pick favourites for them especially. Mars was a let down for me, there is some amazing songs in it (see my favourites), but Mirror and Illness Illusion in particular are quite forgettable.
MARS is a let down? Get out of this thread.
Bey Brad Wrote:MARS is a let down? Get out of this thread.
Mars was the last album of Gackt's that I had to listen to for the first time and I'm not saying its bad or anything as there are awesome songs on it, its just that all of his other albums are a lot better imo
Are you honestly telling me DIABOLOS is better than MARS? MARS is one of the best pop albums I've ever heard.
Bey Brad Wrote:Are you honestly telling me DIABOLOS is better than MARS? MARS is one of the best pop albums I've ever heard.
Actually, I take what I said back; MARS is better than DIABOLOS. Not sure what I was thinking there lol.

Also, I've told you this before, but anytime I say that I was "let down by" or "don't like" a Gackt song, don't really take it for what it sounds like. Chances are, I like it, just not as much as his other songs. In this case, it would be MARS (and DIABOLOS) because his other albums are better in my opinion.

EDIT: Okay, you've got me thinking about what I said now. Lets just say MARS is good, but to me his other albums (not including DIABOLOS) are awesome.
Kei Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:Are you honestly telling me DIABOLOS is better than MARS? MARS is one of the best pop albums I've ever heard.
Actually, I take what I said back; MARS is better than DIABOLOS. Not sure what I was thinking there lol.

Also, I've told you this before, but anytime I say that I was "let down by" or "don't like" a Gackt song, don't really take it for what it sounds like. Chances are, I like it, just not as much as his other songs. In this case, it would be MARS (and DIABOLOS) because his other albums are better in my opinion.

EDIT: Okay, you've got me thinking about what I said now. Lets just say MARS is good, but to me his other albums (not including DIABOLOS) are awesome.

Rebirth is really the only Gackt CD that matters to me. lol
Roan Wrote:Rebirth is really the only Gackt CD that matters to me. lol
Have you listened to his other ones?
Rebirth is the best one IMO as well.
Kei Wrote:

Yeah, I actually own the physical discs for MOON and MARS and I still think Rebirth is the best.
Roan Wrote:
Kei Wrote:

Yeah, I actually own the physical discs for MOON and MARS and I still think Rebirth is the best.

Oh, thats cool. Rebirth is pretty good; uncontrol ftw!
Maria!
Favorite three songs for each album:

Mars: U+K, dears, この誰もいない部屋で
Rebirth: Secret Garden, Maria, Seven
MOON: Wasurenai Kara, Doomsday, Missing
Crescent: white eyes, Birdcage, Orange no Taiyou
Love Letter: uh
Diabolos: Noesis, Ash, Dispar/Storm
0079-0088: never listened to it
HOLY carp!!! DIDN'T KNOW WE HAD A PAGE LIKE THIS I LOVE GACKT! ^^ ALL HIS MUSIC IS GOOD GACKT IS ALL MIGHTY! AND MARIA IS LIKE MY FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW!!!!!!<3
okay, i havent listened to gackt in years, but is 0079-0088 seriously an album name?

also, i think i remember liking Mars and Rebirth.
0079-0088 Gundam series Gackt did the songs for that.
Uh, not really? It's just a bunch of old songs and a couple of covers of old Gundam themes.
http://gackt.com/english/news/newsinfomation.html

Gackt.com Wrote:October 15, 2008 Gackt 「nine*nine」will be released.

Gackt 「nine*nine」(How to read:nine point nine) 21,000yen (tax in)

Following "Kenshin Uesugi", Gackt finished shooting the Hollywood film expected to be released in 2009.
Attracting big attention also as an actor, Gackt resumes the music activities in earnest at last.
Live album collection CD-BOX is planned. It follows about 9 years track and the engraved memory of "Gackt".
His solo project called "Gackt Job" started in 1999.
Nationwide tours have been carried out since "MARS〜 Visitor From the Sky〜" (in 2000) according to album release.
The first Tokyo Dome live in 2005 was a great success.
He has rained on the stage once and then ran through an arena by horse riding , his stage keeps on evolving year after year.
Such grand world view was engraving "impression" and "feeling" on audience's mind, as if they finished watching a masterpiece movie.
The sound makes you follow the traces of One and Only Gackt World which has been unrolled over about 9 years.

■Limited Edition First Print: Includes set of 14(CD×13+DVD×1) Special BOX Design
■Enclosed Privilege:Complete Reprint! Miniature・Tour Pamphlet Collection

<Contents>

【CD】
「Gackt Live Tour 2000 MARS〜Visitor From the Sky〜」
「Gackt Live Tour 2001 Requiem et Reminiscence〜Death and Silence〜」
「Gackt Live Tour 2002 The Waning Moon〜Melodies on Christmas Eve〜」
「Gackt Live Tour 2003 The Waxing Moon〜The Final Chapter〜」
「Gackt Live Tour 2004 THE SIXTH DAY & SEVENTH NIGHT〜FINAL〜」
「Gackt Live Tour 2005 12.24 DIABOLOS〜A Sorrowful Poem and Tears on Christmas Eve〜」
「GACKT TRAINING DAYS 2006 DRUG PARTY」

【DVD】
The title is undecided.(Including a unpublished music, and special new movie.)

Pretty expensive, but DO WANT.
Not interested. Would rather buy the DVDs.

Also, Gackt's tour this year is Requiem et Reminiscence II. New album should be out later this year as well.