THE MANDATORY GACKT TOPIC

Mr. Toto Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Kaz Wrote:Only CD I got from Gackt is Diabolos, sadly. Though I have other songs from their other CD's.

Current favorite songs are Vanilla, Redemption, and Lust for Blood.

I need to listen to more Gackt. Any suggestions on songs/cd's I should check out?

All of his albums are pretty strong, so it's hard to recommend one in particular. It's worth the effort to find them all. Also, check out his lives on Youtube or Veoh; outstanding performer.
Not a big fan of Love Letter. His voice kind of drastically differed from his recordings on Crescent, and his vibrato is strange in some songs. Also, Diabolos had some good tracks, but I'd say around half of them aren't up to par with his other albums.

I think the songs on Love Letter are beautiful ... just wish his old voice was singing them.
ultima55 Wrote:Wait, when did .hack become relevant to Gackt?

Well you know, he did predict the names of .hack//G.U. Vol.1 and 3... with his album Rebirth and song Redemption...Other than that, he isn't relevant. xD
Gackt... Sucks now. :\

I was never really a huge fan or anything, but I did enjoy a lot of his older recordings. Lately though I've totally lost interest in him.

To me he's like the artist that just doesn't know when to quit. He keeps releasing stuff that is just progressively worse and worse. However, his new S.K.I.N. project looks and sounds very promising.

I think a break from the solo scene will do Gackt a lot of good. Smile
Progressively worse and worse? Love Letter was good and DIABOLOS was only kinda average. I loved REDEMPTION/LONGING. RETURNER sucked though. Amazingly, it's his first #1.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Progressively worse and worse? Love Letter was good and DIABOLOS was only kinda average. I loved REDEMPTION/LONGING. RETURNER sucked though. Amazingly, it's his first #1.

Love Letter was good, I'll give you that.

But everything that came after that I really didn't like. REDEMPTION felt like more of the same. I honestly get it confused with METAMORPHOZE.

RETURNER tried to be different with the Japanese flute thing and it almost worked, but then the rest of the song just degenerated into typical melodramatic Gackt fare. It was probably his first number 1 due to the fact he's so much more popular now than he used to be.
I disliked RETURNER because it's practically indistinguishable from mind forest, except for the fact that it's worse. I'm surprised that you get REDEMPTION mixed up with Metamorphoze, I honestly don't see the similarity. LONGING is an awesome song, except for the weird interlude.

Also, no Dybbuk love in this thread?
ALL OF GACKT'S MUSIC IS NOW IN iTUNES WORLDWIDE

i just bought $30 worth of songs
Gakckt is ... urghh. I like l'arc en ciel but... he isn't special.
OSW Wrote:Gakckt is ... urghh. I like l'arc en ciel but... he isn't special.

Go listen to Cube, Dybbuk, Uncertain Memory, Uncontrol, and then you can tell me he isn't special.

L'arc~en~Ciel on the other hand? Hm ...
Tamer Brad Wrote:ALL OF GACKT'S MUSIC IS NOW IN iTUNES WORLDWIDE

I foresee my money disappearing very soon D:

Smile
New song! Cover of the Gundam song Ai Senshi:

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/gackt/...11200_news
Wow I'm so behind. He has normal hair now and it's black!
And the drummer looks like Blader DJ from afar lol
Tamer Brad Wrote:New song! Cover of the Gundam song Ai Senshi:

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/gackt/...11200_news
Holy carp! He sounds much better now.

G Wrote:And the drummer looks like Blader DJ from afar lol
Rofl, he does!
NEW ALBUM 0079-0088 IS OUT TODAY! Although, it only has 3 "new" songs, and those are covers of old Gundam songs.
Kei Wrote:NEW ALBUM 0079-0088 IS OUT TODAY! Although, it only has 3 "new" songs, and those are covers of old Gundam songs.

WHY ISN'T IT ON ITUNES YET Unhappy
Am I the only one who didn't know that one of the new songs was only an instrumental (Suna no Jyuujika ~Interlude~)? It's still nice though.
Kei Wrote:Am I the only one who didn't know that one of the new songs was only an instrumental (Suna no Jyuujika ~Interlude~)? It's still nice though.

YOU HAVE THEM? WHY AREN'T THEY ON ITUNES KLJLDKJFDKL
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Kei Wrote:Am I the only one who didn't know that one of the new songs was only an instrumental (Suna no Jyuujika ~Interlude~)? It's still nice though.

YOU HAVE THEM? WHY AREN'T THEY ON ITUNES KLJLDKJFDKL

I GOT THEM THROUGH VERY LEGAL SOURCES
ok i've finally realized what has always kinda bothered me about gackt

he looks so feminine right, but his voice is low (compared to how you'd think he'd sound)

so its like a wha wha when he sings. not really a bad thing, but it's jarring after not listening to him for a while
Artie Wrote:ok i've finally realized what has always kinda bothered me about gackt

he looks so feminine right, but his voice is low (compared to how you'd think he'd sound)

so its like a wha wha when he sings. not really a bad thing, but it's jarring after not listening to him for a while

welcome to ALL JAPANESE MUSIC EVER

also, I really don't see the femininity you're talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6p0WF7VNk

SO FEMININE @_@
Artie Wrote:i mean his face

don't be condescending

it isn't though, gackt is seen as one of the most masculine men in japan

the typical masculine man from america would be seen as homosexual in japan
i love hard gay