Sword Art Online

Poll: What do you think of this anime so far?

Amazing
73.91%
OK
19.57%
Sucks
6.52%
Total: 100% 46 vote(s)
(Apr. 03, 2013  2:29 AM)Anchor Wrote: The dub was decent, but I hate how it's getting licensed by Aniplex. They're extremely overpriced, seriously, look at the prices of their other series. ($80 for 9 episodes of Durarara!! The whole series blu-ray is $250.)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1...ds=aniplex
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/...7982/4/0/0

In Japan people pay triple digits for fewer episodes, So naturally all imported anime with be "overpriced". As for Amazon, those are at the discretion of the individual dealers, if Amazon sells it themselves the price will go down.
So, the SAO Twitter account posted an exclusive trailer for the dub, revealing some of the action 'n stuff!

While very, VERY cheesy, it does a fair job at getting things moving and, I imagine, interesting the target audience, which is good Joyful_3 They also clearly say who're the voice actors, which is something I really think more companies should do, not only in anime.

Anyway, as I said before, Kirito is voiced by Bryce Papenbrook and Asuna is dubbed by Cherami Leigh but, as you may have noticed in the trailer, miss Leigh ROLLS THE 'R' IN KIRITO'S NAME!! I knew she was a good voice actress, but I didn't know she was THAT good! Anyway, the rest of the cast is pretty interesting: Leafa (Also known as Suguha, Kirito's sister) is voiced by Cassandra Morris, whose most notable roles include Sophie in Tales of Graces F, Luna from Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds or Totori in Atelier Totori. Hadn't seen that coming, but miss Lee seems to pop up in a lot of stuff I'll unavoidably by, these days. Next, Silica, a character that actually doesn't appear much, will be voiced by Christine Marie Cabanos. She's sort of a newcomer to voice acting, having done mostly supervising and ADR in the past, so I have absolutely no opinion on her voice XD Lisbeth will be voiced by someone named Sarah Anne Williams, a woman with even less experience than the previously mentionned miss Cabanos. But hey, could be decent anyway, we'll see. And last but not least is Patrick Seitz as Agil. Agil is a big guy and mister Seitz has a big voice, so it's a pretty cool choice.

Looks pretty nice, so far! ^__^
Asuna's dub is pretty darn good. I must agree.

Kirrrito Grin

His dub is alright I guess... Never really heard other dubs to be able to criticize..
Sword art online box sets are pretty expensive IMO. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/20...-announced

And on another note, Sword Art Online is coming to Toonami in August which is pretty cool. Still haven't seen much of the dub, so I guess I'll watch it when it starts airing.
(Mar. 24, 2013  2:24 PM)Kujikato Wrote: Yep, GGO. It's a very, very scary arc, especially near the end.
where can you find it?
BTW SAO was one of my favorite anime! I thought Naruto was uncomparable but DANG! A MUST WATCH ANIME!!
So... Toonami just picked it up, anyone excited?
(Apr. 03, 2013  2:29 AM)Anchor Wrote: The dub was decent, but I hate how it's getting licensed by Aniplex. They're extremely overpriced, seriously, look at the prices of their other series. ($80 for 9 episodes of Durarara!! The whole series blu-ray is $250.)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1...ds=aniplex
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/...7982/4/0/0

muhahahaha, us Australians will probably pay half as much for the entire series, thank you madman.
(Jul. 21, 2013  5:55 AM)Axel Phantom Wrote: So... Toonami just picked it up, anyone excited?
Sweet. The dub sounds great, so I'd totally watch it again.
I haven't seen any episodes yet(I couldn't find a good English sub) but I saw a commercial for the English dub yesterday and it looks amazing! I'm definitely gonna watch this. What's even better is that it comes on around Soul Eater time on one of my channels!
You could watch it on crunchyroll. I guess I'll watch it on Toonami, although the show went downhill for me after episode 10. I'm thinking about reading the light novel, which I hear is much better than the anime.
For real?! I've been waiting for it to come out on Toonami! Yet I have the Crunchyroll app so forget about waiting!Grin gonna watch it right now!!!GrinGrin
The Light Novel is much better. Just read, it's more brain intensive, lol.

It's updated more frequently, and the current LN Arc is awesome.
The light novel IS amazing, I'm at the end of the phantom bullet arc.

I also had a question, how could you consider Sword Art Online as an mmo? It seemed as the game was very linear and the game LITERALLY ended at the end game.

I dunno, it seemed strange to me.
MMORPG in a way.

AQWorlds would be an example.

Plus, since SAO was rigged, it became a RPG - escape death. It would be a MMO since it's finish all 100 floors as the main quest, and just much around, duel, etc.
So, the first english episode of SAO aired this weekend! I'm very, very pleasantly surprised Joyful_3 As some know, I was afraid of Bryce Papenbrook's performance as Kirito because, while he has a decent range, I've often seen him fail to do impressive war cries and we all know Kirito does a lot of those. Happily enough, the Kirito Cries we heard in this episode were actually very well done! There are two in particular at the end of the episode where he slays a wolf and then just yells at the general situation (I would too) that were very nicely done, so I think we're in good hands Joyful_3

Reliving the goodness of this series through english dub all the way! Very happy Joyful_3 Can't wait for Asuna to come in, too :3
Wait...first episode came out last week on Toonami lol
But yeah, I'm loving it so far. Almost tempted to rewatch most of the series again since the dub is so good.
Anyone reading the light novel???...

For the Light Novel Readers who've read all the latest translations (Click to View)
(Jul. 25, 2013  4:08 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: I also had a question, how could you consider Sword Art Online as an mmo? It seemed as the game was very linear and the game LITERALLY ended at the end game.

I dunno, it seemed strange to me.

SAO would be considered an MMO before the SAO incident. The end-game scenario were everything finished once the 100th floor was cleared was only viable during the incident. We don't know if the game would've finished if done so before the incident, if ya get what I mean. The game was only linear during the incident and would've been a proper MMO like ALO if the incident didn't happen.

(Aug. 07, 2013  4:52 AM)Kujikato Wrote: Anyone reading the light novel???...

For the Light Novel Readers who've read all the latest translations (Click to View)

Yeah, up to date atm, using Baka-Tsuki for my translations. Hm, waiting for Alicization Rising to be fully translated.
Also for light novel readers (Click to View)
YAY, A LN READER!

ive read everything and well:
I intend to read the novel after the anime as been dubbed entirely, I tend to want to compare things
(Jul. 25, 2013  2:26 PM)Kujikato Wrote: The Light Novel is much better. Just read, it's more brain intensive, lol.

Where can I get the novel at?
(Aug. 08, 2013  10:07 PM)ryukiba Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2013  2:26 PM)Kujikato Wrote: The Light Novel is much better. Just read, it's more brain intensive, lol.

Where can I get the novel at?

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/?title...Art_Online : there we go
Awww sweetJoyful_2 thanks😃
I want to get a Kirito sword, I don't have the money yet but I'll spend no more than $200! Can someone tell me which is the best sword to get and send me a link to the websiteSmile I'd really appreciate it!Joyful_2

Sorry for double posting