Sword Art Online

Poll: What do you think of this anime so far?

Amazing
73.91%
OK
19.57%
Sucks
6.52%
Total: 100% 46 vote(s)
(Aug. 25, 2012  2:19 AM)Tsunaâ„¢ Wrote: What is this anime really about? I'm not sure if I should watch it or not.

And also, is there a manga for this?

And yes there is a manga of this Smile
I watched the first episode last night on Crunchyroll and I really liked it! The art was very good, and the anime seems to have a nice story.
I watched it last night but fell asleep on episode 9.

This anime has a really good plot, and there's drama too XD

But no, really I love this anime a lot. And with the continuous fighting and the desperation to clear the game and go back to reality, I think this is AWESOME!!
Does anyone know when episode 10 is coming out?
(Sep. 09, 2012  2:31 AM)Robsta Wrote: Does anyone know when episode 10 is coming out?

It came out today. Where are you watching/downloading from?
Woot, episode 10 was out today. It was pretty good, but I knew that it was going to happen anyways. (I read the Novel.) If any of you guys are interested: http://baka-tsuki.org/

I generally only watch the anime to see how much justice they did the series compared to the novel. SAO could get a season 2 which would most likely be
But in my opinion only the first novel is good. Everything else is mediocre and doesn't have the same type of feeling.
Kirito: *Pokes Asuna on the cheek*
Asuna: Wakes up
Kirito: Sorry, I woke you didn't I?

Tired You don't boop someone not expecting them to react.
So, after finally listening to tips from my friends (I'm the kind of jerk that just doesn't listen) I started watching SAO and dear god am I glad! This is a great show! I'm only on episode 8, but... man, it's so awesome O_O

In a way, it feels like it has the same setting as my favourite game, .hack//G.U, so that probably helps XD
SAO season 2 will probably happen, i'm personally not very excited, as I kind of stopped watching it. And SAO is also getting dubbed for you dubbed anime fans. I prefer subs, but dubs usually bring Blu-ray or DVD box sets with them, so if that gets released, I'll probably give it another shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrX5vkz2LjQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2LD1cD5uGg
I love the guy in the second video. Now THAT'S a fan! XD

I dunno how to feel about a dub. I usually prefer dubs, but SAO feels... undubbable, if that's even a word (Which it isn't) I mean, I could see a decent casting for Asuna and Lizbeth and pretty much all the other characters... but Kirito doesn't feel like he can get a different voice, for me...

I dunno, i guess we'll see XD
Dubbing Kirito... and Asuna?

Never, Never, No Never.
Urgh.

But hey, a dub would be awesome! More DvDs, more exposure, more Asuna Love, more Kirito Awesomeness...
Well, Asuna, despite being a very fun character, is your generic energetic Tsundere, so a lot of people could dub her pretty decently, but Kirito is... different XD

Anyway, I just started what I suppose is the second arc of the story... I won't spoil anything but, basically, I totally didn't see the FAIRIES coming Oo
READ THE LIGHT NOVEL MY GOODNESS... READ THE LIGHT NOVEL...
Still, Asuna isn't that generic, WHAT tsundere can match up to her? Her personality is not typical tsundere, especially around Kirito...
Kirito is untouchable. Get a proper voice actor with the same accent and voice style.
Yeah, I'm wondering how they'll dub Kirito, and Asuna too. It'll be pretty hard to get them perfect, but I'm excited for a dubbed opening. It might be good. I heard a few fandubs of the opening on youtube, and they were good, imagine what a real studio could do.
Screw it up more, like most dubs do.

But more on topic, anyone reading the LN? What are your thoughts on the current LN arc?
So, just finished watching the last episode. That was real good! I hope they make a second season, though i read that it's the case already. Something about Gun Gale Online?

I was actually surprised they found a plausible, even excellent reason for Kirito to go into another MMO. That's some real good writing.
Yep, GGO. It's a very, very scary arc, especially near the end.
up to book 7 or something. the book is much better to the anime, most due to the anime incorperating all the side stories into the main series, which as many reviewers have noted, was a bad idea on the director's part. the anime was awsome, though the many flaws, once pointed out (or if you just look at the pure horribleness of the second season) does make you think it's not the best anime. what i think they got right was they got every character some relevence and got everything they wanted right perfect. GGO i want as an anime, after reading the novel i think it will fix all the flaws the first 2 seasons had, well other than kirito being overpowered, but hey thats kirito for ya.
spoiler relating to GGO
what i find interesting, is that it's sister anime/novel accel world got everything SAO got wrong right and got everything SAO got right almost right and yet SAO was the more enjoyable series as a whole.
So, the voice actors for Kirito and Asuna have been revealed and will apparently be Bryce Papenbrook and Cherami Leigh, respectively.

I'm quite fearful of this turnout, since I've had a few bad experiences with Mr. Papenbrook. However, in his recent performance as Asbel in Tales of Graces F, he was indeed quite good, but the problem with that is that he's not a very good yeller and Kirito yells a lot, very epically, too. Maybe he's gotten better, I certainly hope so... Cherami Leigh seems like a decent choice. The only example of her voice I can think of is Lucy from Fairy Tail, but it does fit, if you ask me.

I'll still buy the carp out of any dub release they have, if only to hear the opening theme over and over and over again. I love the first opening theme.
Isn't Cherami Leigh Patty from Soul Eater? And Lucy from Fairy Tail like you said. I really can't picture Asuna sounding like them, but of course it will sound different though. Papenbrook did Rin from Blue Exorcist, which kind of sounds good.
He has to get Kirito's war yells down, lol.

We'll just have to hope then.
Episode 2 dubbed is on youtube, check it out. The audio is kind of bad though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085vpMftRRQ
Heeeeey! Not nearly as bad as I expected!

Thanks for the link, Anchor Joyful_3
i feel like i should post this. a card game called weiss schwarz (same creators as vanguard) has recently sent out a sword art online set in jap and looks like they just anouced an english version of the set for july. weiss schwarz SAO set info
The dub was decent, but I hate how it's getting licensed by Aniplex. They're extremely overpriced, seriously, look at the prices of their other series. ($80 for 9 episodes of Durarara!! The whole series blu-ray is $250.)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1...ds=aniplex
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/...7982/4/0/0