Surprise, surprise! Brad Day!

Hello World Beybladers!

Worldbeyblade.org: 2008-Present
[Image: wboheader1.png]
One year ago, the Beywiki was transformed into what we all love today : the World Beyblade Organization!

This change has brought a whole new aspect to the site. There are now more members than ever from all over the world who get really involved in the Beyblade scene: 3,000 members and still counting! Some international communities are so important and filled with Beydetermination that they have got their own forum here! Not only that, but we also have the opportunity to organize bigger events thanks to this new organization, and the rules set down for play allow for a fair, yet still very competitive atmosphere in tournaments! The World Beyblade Organization is undoubtedly the best Beyblade community of all time!

To highlight this anniversary, we wish to thank all of our supporters very much. Therefore, all the Passport Holders who kindly donated money to keep this site going and to keep the events we organize exciting can enter to get the chance to win a free beyblade! Ah, that is what that cryptic message meant! The winner will be picked randomly out of the people who will have posted in this topic to enter the free giveaway, and five other Passport Holders will be chosen to receive a Face Booster! Just to clarify, this contest is for Passport Holders ONLY!

For the occasion, we would also like to welcome Yugi Jyudai back into the team. Bring out the fire in the Turkish community! The Italian community has done really great so far as well : just recently, they hosted their first event which even ended up being printed in a newspaper!

Moreover, the Beypoint system is very close to being ready! Yay!

…

Eh … what is it? The WBO anniversary was actually yesterday, December 4th?

… Yes it was! However, we also want to celebrate another event today: Brad Day!

Now, let us talk to you about a person who has always been very dear to this community.

Offthechain.net: 2003-2005
[Image: v6banner.jpg]
As the Beyblade fanbase was only getting started outside Japan, back in 2003, a young man appeared with an impressive interest in this revolutionary game of spinning tops. He made a website with a lot of potential, called Off the Chain. At first, the site was slightly timid, but it wasn’t long at all before several waves of visitors came to know about it. Out of all the active Beyblade websites that existed back then, that site was, for some reason, the only one with awesome and accurate information. What parts of Burning Kerberous are good? How does an Engine Gear work?! That site had all the answers! Off the Chain was, in itself, a very big step forward this early in the community since it focused mainly on the Beyblade hobby rather than on the anime or manga. That is an exploit only few people can achieve, even today!

Then, eventually, this very passionate Beyblade fan came to know a certain Japanese man who helped us discover other things about the game. By getting in contact with some of the Japanese community, he was able to open more doors to the Beybladers on the web.

One sad day however, as he was doing his duty as a Blader and participating in a tournament, in 2005, somebody stole his case full of beyblades! This huge loss almost made him give up on the hobby, but he luckily met a young, cool girl to whom he shared his knowledge about Beyblade to help her dominate in her upcoming beybattles. Doing all of this with some friends got him back into the game shortly after, determined to share so much more with Beyblade fans!

As the community was more or less at its peak, Takara suddenly decided to suspend Beyblade production and we heard no more from the company for three years. The community was really withering as people did their best to hang on to the few remains of the hobby and anime. Every Beyblader had hope in their Beyheart that the series would be brought back eventually, but years went by without any traces of news. Fewer and fewer fans could be met on the net, and even fewer ever thought that the hobby would be revived. A few bladers tried to create new places to get together as most of the old websites had been closed. Things went poorly.

Beywiki.com: 2007-2008
[Image: beywikiforumsbanner.jpg]
After observing this for a while, the determined Blader chose to come out of the subtle shadows and corrected everybody’s futile attempts to revive the Beyblade community. With his initiative, and outstanding leadership, a change in density of the fanbase was immediately observable: he created a site called ‘Beywiki’ in October 2007, and hundreds of fans joined the site in an extremely short period of time! It was really as if the only pillar of our community was the one and only Brad, Tamer Brad or Bey Brad!

It certainly puts a lot of weight on someone’s shoulders to know that a community theoretically relies on himself, but he proved to be so capable of bringing the best for us in all aspects with his awesome ideas, that we just couldn’t applaud his accomplishments accordingly! At the very least though, we want to offer him this day, December 5th, one day after the anniversary of the World Beyblade Organization, one day before his own birthday.

Thank you so much for all you have done Brad! You dedicated six years of your life to this community; a community which you built from the ground up. You have truly been an irreplaceable leader, who has brought us all together here today. You are without a doubt the best of the best, the most the community could have hoped for!

Have a very happy Brad Day!

To celebrate this special date, some elements of the layout were modified, such as the banner and the buttons. Floral patterns everywhere! Today, the WBO is the World… Brad Organization!

Now, Brad has a small tendency to be too humble in some ways, so we really want to give him something cool. Therefore, we are giving him the opportunity to decorate himself with a Face obtained from a Face Booster. Which one will you choose, Brad? Now you cannot refuse!

[Image: faceboosterred.png] [Image: faceboosterblue.png] [Image: faceboostergreen.png] [Image: faceboosterorange.png]

But wait, one Face is clearly not enough in comparison to what he has done, so we are giving him a very, very unique one of a kind Face called the Painite Face. As might be known, the painite has the world record for being the rarest gem stone in the world. See any connection… ?!

[Image: PainiteFaceVER1.png]

Ah! but Brad is also just such a cool guy; his passions emanate from his being with such brilliance once we get to know him, Beyblade is just the perfect example. To simply highlight this fact, we thought we would also offer you a Face based on another one of your passions, the Kiva Face!

[Image: kivaface.png]

We hope you like all of these presents, it is the least we can do. We cannot do anything for the Hybrid Wheel System right now, but we all really hope you stick with us for quite some time!
I agree with every single word you said Kai-V! And awesome work on the site! Grin

Brad, you're awesome! Your beyspirit and determination inspire us! It's because of you we have this awesome community! Grin
(Dec. 05, 2009  1:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: somebody stole his case full of beyblades! This huge loss almost made him give up on the hobby, but he luckily met a young, cool girl to whom he shared his knowledge about Beyblade to help her dominate in her upcoming beybattles. Doing all of this with some friends got him back into the game shortly after, determined to share so much more with Beyblade fans!

its a bit like a fairytale moment but all i can say is he is an inspiration and we should be eternally grateful
so B-Day (Brad day) is a day before his B-day lol

yeah, thanks 4 evrything Brad Wink
So Bey Brad was the "person" who opened all these websites?
That sounds like a lot of hard work!!!! Thank you, Brad.
I also just noticed the top of the page. Heh heh, World Brad Organization.
Happy Birthday WBO!

Thank you Brad!
Happy Birthday WBradO!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much Bey Bradley! Smile
You've done so much for us in the Beyblade community. Keep up the hard work, Brad.
We all like you very very much.

^__^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRAD!!!
Brad, you rule.

Brad-Day will be shouted out from my bedroom window!

Funny enough, i had a dream about i met you last night.
What is that reply button? Is that Brad? It's a bit creepy.

Still, this whole thing is pretty cool, and I'm sorry I doubted the committee.
Guys his birthday is on the 6th ;p

however this is amazing and he will probably cry when he wakes up and sees this!

Is this what you guys have been doing behind his back?
(Dec. 05, 2009  3:13 PM)♥ Wrote: What is that reply button? Is that Brad? It's a bit creepy.

I don't want to get off topic, but Heart's right? What's with the reply button?
(Dec. 05, 2009  3:15 PM)SonicManEXE Wrote: I don't want to get off topic, but Heart's right? What's with the reply button?

It's a picture of Brad! Grin
Errrmm, also totally love Brad's new Faces. ♥

Thanks a lot, Brad.
It all comes together, Brad. Wink

(Dec. 05, 2009  3:14 PM)AnnieDuck Wrote: Guys his birthday is on the 6th ;p

Is this what you guys have been doing behind his back?

We know it's on the 6th, but the WBO anniversary is on the 4th, so we figured today was a good median!

It took A LOT of coordinating through PMs to get this done haha.

(Dec. 05, 2009  3:15 PM)SonicManEXE Wrote: I don't want to get off topic, but Heart's right? What's with the reply button?

Look at the "New Topic" and "Closed" buttons as well. Smile
Brad has done so much work for the community. He totally deserves this. He did an awesome job creating the Beywiki/ WBO. It's what brought many people back to Beyblade. Thanks for everything Brad! And...
Happy Brad Day Tongue_out

P.S. Congrats to the Italian community for a successful first event Smile
Committee: You guys did a great job putting all of this together. It's all pretty awesome!
Haha, Annie called me early to wake me up just so I could see this ...

I feel so bad for getting on your case so much lately guys. Really, thank you so much. This is one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for me, I cannot express my gratitude enough. Even after resigning and moving onto Battle Strikers (which I was surprised wasn't mentioned LOL), this site still means so much to me, and I can't tell you how great it is to see this.

The years I've spent working on this site and building this community have been hard and joyous and irreplaceable. It really isn't about Beyblade for me anymore, and to be honest I don't think it ever was. It was about building something great to bring people together. I want to do the same for Battle Strikers, as well (hope you guys don't mind me plugging this now LOL)

So again, thank you everyone. I'll continue to watch you all and advise you as best as I can. Thank you!!

Oh, Red Face Booster!
Brad, you deserved to be thanked... like everyday for creating WBO and keeping it alive for so many years.. (with the help of others also) and you did bring people together - weither you like the people or not - that signed up and return occasionally or nearly every day or when ever they can. Joyful_2

And the Battle Strikers Idea sounds interesting Wink
brad your made of win!
i hope you enjoy your day! Smile
(Dec. 05, 2009  3:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Oh, Red Face Booster!

noo you're gonna get sagittario D:

Tongue_out
That was very nice of you Kai-V. You obviously put a lot of thought, time, and work into this. Good work.

Happy anniversery WBO, and Happy birthday Brad, have a good one. Joyful_3
Thanks for everything Brad!
Thank you for everything, old friend.
thank you for creating this site
really thanks Smile