Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion

"My character cant KO below 30%, screw this pile of poop" - OwnageDerp

Game&Watch continues to be what he has been since Melee; a character of pure whimsy with risk reward mechanics. Given Smash 4's current meta, he fits better in this game than melee by a longshot.

Melee is Fox, Falco, Shiek, Pikachu, Cpt Falcon, Marth, Jigglypuff, and Dr. Mario. On a roster comparatively limited by modern standards, the game's meta further limits what characters are even remotely good. Smash 4 has not a balanced roster, but at the very least, a balanced meta game at present
You all must play against how I play as Game and Watch. Just so you'll have an idea that I don't spam B and the side B. I know you guys aren't accusing me of that, but every Game and Watch I've played online are pure spammers. (And humiliatingly suckish if I may add)
I've played enough Game and Watches to conclude that spammy Game and Watches are not rare, but no common. I must've played 100 game and watches, and it was an even split of spam and skill. I have beaten more skilled players than spammy players. I have a friend who plays G&W constantly and hates that his 9 isn't a OHKO anymore, so he now resorts to A for his attacks. That's a loss no doubt for me. Any skillful player I've played I have beaten, or if I lost, it was only by one stock.

I can concur with my friend. OHKO G&W > Smash 4 G&W
I play GW and I barely use Special.
Besides Recovery.
Wow, just wow. I'm so good at spiking with ROB and Robin, it's kinda scary. Earlier i played an online match against a Mario. He tried to spike me when I was ROB so I double spiked him and didn't lose one life. If I can ill upload video footage. The way I spike with Robin is the Air Whip, but it must be done perfectly to push downward. Game and Watch could spike too, but there's a 5% survival rate when you have to key them. I also feel weird that I don't really play as Palutena. Her issue is that she's a heavyweight with slow but powerful moves. Kinda like Ganonderp.
My bro spikes with DK all the time. It's annoying.

So, I finally found more characters I can play with. Greninja's my new #1. i found out the recovery problem; I kept pushing side B before the game read it as up B (Derp.) Kirby at #2 (That hammer is horrifying), Fox 3 and Lucario 4. Lucario would be higher if his side B wasn't so delayed.
My favorites are:
1Griniddy(dem bananas doe)
2:Mario(Aerial ace)
3:Rosalina(LUMAAA!)
4:ZZS(down throw to forward air)
5Confusedonic(speed...)
6:Marth(I like swords, lol)
7:Ness(pk Fire to down throw to forward air)
8Tongue_outikachu(Thunderp)
9:Link(how many tools does he have?)
10:Lucario(dunno)
The list would go on...
I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but if you happen to only main Captain Falcon, Mario, Greninja, Fox and Little Mac, let me remind you that this is a game and stop being such a freak about winning. That rotation is the typical nervous online spammer rotation. It's a great rotation, I must admit. But the people online... The way they play as any of them makes me wonder if they've ever went outside after playing this game for the first time.
Um, excuse me. I mained Fox and I'm carp against others. I fail to a Pacman for crying out loud. Same case with Greninja, and I have a friend who mains Little Mac. He plays 20 minutes a day and is the star pitcher for the school team. What relation does that have? None probably. I just wasted time...
Remember that I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but I have quite the hatred for all of their characters. I'm a former Fox main, I stopped because he became too OP, which I don't like.
(Feb. 22, 2015  4:26 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but if you happen to only main Captain Falcon, Mario, Greninja, Fox and Little Mac, let me remind you that this is a game and stop being such a freak about winning. That rotation is the typical nervous online spammer rotation. It's a great rotation, I must admit. But the people online... The way they play as any of them makes me wonder if they've ever went outside after playing this game for the first time.

You just listed incredibly diverse, and need I remind you, rather equal characters.

Smash is both competitive and casual. If you cant appreciate both sides you have no business making rude comments about it. Competitive players spend a LOT of time dedicating themselves to the goal of mastering the mechanics of the game and getting better. Dismissing these people as "otaku losers" is rather offensive.

On the flip side, any competitive player who mocks casual players simply for having fun a different way needs to mind their manners and remember that Sakurai never could have predicted what his creation would spawn into. He has even stated in interviews that Smash should largely be a game played for fun, although he does respect the competitive community that has been born. It is why Smash4 has modes tailored to both styles of play.
They're equal only (in most cases) of your playing as another character I listed, otherwise your out of luck. I never said "otaku losers". I appreciate both sides, competitive and casual. Excuse me if I happened to make a rude comment, my apologies if they may have offended you in some way. I actually feel bad for Sakurai for creating this game. I'm very sure he just wanted to try something new: Fight every (as of 1999) existing character. Then it spawned into what it is today. I do salute him for creating such a fun game, but wow, I'm not sure where Sakurai would be without the immense popularity of Smash Bros.
And I apologize if I came of as being offended; I assure you I am not Smile

I just dont really see how those characters listed are "win-enabled." Those characters are good, but so are Robin, Lucario, Dededee, Shiek, etc. The roster this time around is pretty incredible.

I can agree that if you play Little Mac and think you are god because you beat all your friends when you have playdates, you are in for a rude awakening. I am with you on that point.
I actually main Robin, and he/she (I play as the female, the male looks loosely like a kid I don't like, but he doesn't know the arc fire and Nosferatu) is a really powerful character to main, but the big disadvantage is that Robin is incredibly slow. I actually have a friend who thinks he's a badass when he wins as Little Mac and Ike. I really need to start re-maining Palutena. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but sorry if I did. I already main the hell out of Game and Watch and Lucina, (hmm, impending Palucina much?) but I need a good heavyweight when people figure out the way I play as Robin.
Ike is the only heavyweight I enjoy playing, due to his mobility and smash potential. KO's and combos are rewarding because Ike cant really do too much on his own; its really about punishing the opponent. Doing the up smash is the greatest; especially if you can position it where the enemy's landing lag puts them behind you

Robin on the other hand is way more technical, and I am no where near the level of play I want to be with her yet. But damn she is great. Currently on the warpath to properly learning how to use her books as projectiles, and im also in the process of breaking very bad habits I have that hinder my play with her

On a semi-related note, 0/10 no Female Robin Amiibo
0/10? I'd say -40/10 for no female Robin amiibo. Ain't no way I'm gonna have a statue of a guy. There's exceptions, of course, but male Robin isn't one of them. Then again, my parents will be like "damn son, where'd you find this?" When they see my Amiibo collection. So far I have Yoshi, Pikachu, and Kirby as an Amiibo. I've mained them since Smash 64, but I discontinued support for Pikachu when Robin came around. Dat lightning tho.
0/10 refers to my level of disappointment that there is no female Robin amiibo.
The same goes for my -40/10. Do you guys know which character is hard to spike with? For me it's Palutena and Duck Hunt dog, and for the same reason: their recoveries are horrible. I could spike with ROB really easily, because his recovery makes the spike move more powerful. So far I have spiked with all my mains excluding the two I mentioned above.
I have a friend of mine that can spike hard with Mario. Side B + Up B = Best recovery.
I do too. I can't do side-A spikes, I'd know because Game and Watch has the briefcase which could spike, I can't do it at all. I could spike unbelievably well with ROB though. Down-A all day. My weirdest spike has to be Robin's, which is her (yes, her. I'm not recognizing the males existence, really AutoCorrect, makes?) recovery, but it's tricky. Usually it pushes you far enough to make a recovery useless. Other times, you shoot upward, it's not easy.
An amazing fight between Cpt. Falcon and Mario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWj30eDoF0
(Feb. 22, 2015  4:26 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but if you happen to only main Captain Falcon, Mario, Greninja, Fox and Little Mac, let me remind you that this is a game and stop being such a freak about winning. That rotation is the typical nervous online spammer rotation. It's a great rotation, I must admit. But the people online... The way they play as any of them makes me wonder if they've ever went outside after playing this game for the first time.

I'm a Falcon main; and I'm more then okay with losing.
Hell;
Usually I'll suicide if I get bored in a match.

Like last night.
Ike.
Damn noob, for sure.
Aether spam much?
Probably lost 10x due to laughter.
Another Falcon main? You should see the name I use when I play more than one match against Falcon players... Them Ike Ateher spammers are pitiful. I don't know why, but it angers me whenever someone suicides to equalize the match. Then I suicide to have them win. I don't know... Mr. REKT and Watch forever. Must... Get... Lucina and Game and Watch Amiibos... I needs preorder nao.
Honestly my best character is Peach but... Just lost touch ya know?
Sometimes I'm insanely good with C. Falcon, or Mega Man.

So that's why I play him. That 1/8192 chance I'm actually good THAT DAY.
Oh God, you main every character I despise... These forthcoming matches will be entriguing to say the least. Every time I destroy a Peach player, I feel an intense sense of accomplishment. I don't know why, though.