Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion

Ike's grab hitbox for ledges while using Aether is incredibly weird.

Ive thrown a quite a few games using aether "incorrectly" as a recovery. Actually, I have even thrown games using B-> as a recovery, if I charge it too much mid-air.

I have recently stopped playing For Glory, at least until I get better. My playstyle has become so spammy and predictable, and I keep making the same mistakes. Before I continue to get frustrated I need to go back to the drawing board and break all my bad habits.

For one, I spam smash charged smash attacks, expecting enemies to come to me. I am too used to pub-stomping, and it is hindering my ability to play the game at a higher level. The other aspect of my play is grabbing and true combos; I am not taking advantage of opportunities, or I am flat out wasting them.
(Mar. 02, 2015  9:16 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Oh God, you main every character I despise... These forthcoming matches will be entriguing to say the least. Every time I destroy a Peach player, I feel an intense sense of accomplishment. I don't know why, though.

I used to play Game N watch, then I started playing around with Sonic.

And of course in Melee and PM, DUH, Roy.

(Mar. 03, 2015  7:31 AM)LeonTempest Wrote: Ike's grab hitbox for ledges while using Aether is incredibly weird.

Ive thrown a quite a few games using aether "incorrectly" as a recovery. Actually, I have even thrown games using B-> as a recovery, if I charge it too much mid-air.

I have recently stopped playing For Glory, at least until I get better. My playstyle has become so spammy and predictable, and I keep making the same mistakes. Before I continue to get frustrated I need to go back to the drawing board and break all my bad habits.

For one, I spam smash charged smash attacks, expecting enemies to come to me. I am too used to pub-stomping, and it is hindering my ability to play the game at a higher level. The other aspect of my play is grabbing and true combos; I am not taking advantage of opportunities, or I am flat out wasting them.

Yeah, I can relate.
Some days I'm the best 'round, then the next match I'm terrible. Abysmal.
My main in brawl was Pikachu... You will hate me if you knew how i used him, er, it. I dont for glory mode,so I just use either Charizard, or go Mii Fighter. My reasoning for Charizard is to replace Pikachu in the spamming category. My reasoning for Mii Fighters are cause they are awesome :3
Pikachu doesn't have the heart shaped tail; so it's safe to say it's a male Pikachu.

And Pikachu's B Neutral isn't bad at all. It just kills stupid spammers like Wii Fit from charging.
It's not hard to dodge and it really shouldn't be frowned upon.
(Mar. 03, 2015  8:06 AM)Neo Wrote: Pikachu doesn't have the heart shaped tail; so it's safe to say it's a male Pikachu.

And Pikachu's B Neutral isn't bad at all. It just kills stupid spammers like Wii Fit from charging.

I actually just have trouble controlling Pikachu in 3DS version, i dont know why. thats why I ditched it.
Vampire Brawn Badge, FTW. I love the fact that I recover damage for every hard attack I make. It was hell KOing with Lucina 8 times to get it, I had to grab spam, which is against my beliefs of the game. And Game and Watch, Greninja, Lucina, Pac Man, Ness and Dark Pit Amiibos are supposedly due for release around the end of the month. Your damn right I'll line up early to get me a G&W and Lucina Amiibo. Unless if there's preorders, I can't find any.
(Mar. 03, 2015  8:09 AM)Crazy Carp Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2015  8:06 AM)Neo Wrote: Pikachu doesn't have the heart shaped tail; so it's safe to say it's a male Pikachu.

I actually just have trouble controlling Pikachu in 3DS version, i dont know why. thats why I ditched it.

Probably because the 3DS has shy-té controls.

Analog is simply the only way to properly play Smash Bros.
its me, Deo! Wrote:Probably because the 3DS has shy-té controls.

It doesn't help that my circle pad broke off just to a nub do to me putting a penny under it to try and do this one thing that would hatch all yer' pokemon eggs in X/Y overnight.

(look at what i replaced your name with, Neo, XD )
(Mar. 04, 2015  7:43 AM)Crazy Carp Wrote:

It doesn't help that my circle pad broke off just to a nub do to me putting a penny under it to try and do this one thing that would hatch all yer' pokemon eggs in X/Y overnight.

You probably shouldn't put anything under any button in any controller.
Ever.

Deodorant..?
(Mar. 04, 2015  7:46 AM)Correction, its actually Dio Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2015  7:43 AM)Crazy Carp Wrote:

You probably shouldn't put anything under any button in any controller.
Ever.

Deodorant..?

You dont know that meme? Carp! You thought it was __, but it was actually me, Deo! There is actually a funny video where they replace palutena in that awesome pit x link anime fight sequence with that line.
Ha, how dare they shun Palutena with deodorant. Then again that sounds funny. Auto healers, how does one unlock em?
I got the reference due to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and everyone's hate for the item call the D10. Proof:

[Image: 1E838528BCE1CDAA9D9CAA29259EBA847FACB5BF]

Anyways, I've set Kirby as my new #1. Providing i don't get juggled, I am in good shape with him. Lucario at #2, Fox #3, and Greninja #4 (still iffy with his recovery. Pushing side B is a habit now.)
I've got a puzzling question: Is the auto healer a challenge present or do you literally get it out of random? I wouldn't care about an auto healer, but this one spammer friend has it, yeah... He has it, I don't, he wants to play unfair, I'll beat him unfair.
(Mar. 04, 2015  12:57 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: (still iffy with his recovery. Pushing side B is a habit now.)

Sometimes it works if you time it right that you can appear right next to the enemy and hit them because they can't see the shadow. I do that occasionally, and I play Greninja often enough that I have a pretty good idea of where the shadow would be at a certain time.

I do mess up my recovery sometimes with the 3DS reading a sloppy up B as side B, but I've more or less gotten used to the controls. The 3DS controls really aren't that bad, you just need to have precise movement (and if you're trying to play Smash Bros. competitively that's something you need anyways).
Bah, why doesn't Game and Watch have a counter attack, or at least a usable down B move? I like using the Oil Panic against PK Fire spammers, but come on, the least Nintendo could have done was to give G&W a move where he could unload fishes like his aerial A attack. I know the feel on Greninja. I tried maining him, just no... I like the way he plays, and how he's similar to Melee/Project M Mewtwo. Then again, incoming Mewtwo DLC, that may change.
Amiibo X Smash Bros. Saikyou Amiibo Ketteisen - "the tournament that shall decide which Amiibo is the strongest"
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/mar/0...ent-japan/

It's been said that Nintendo will be having a Smash 4, all-Amiibo tournament series across Japan at participating stores starting March 14.
(Mar. 05, 2015  3:21 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Bah, why doesn't Game and Watch have a counter attack, or at least a usable down B move? I like using the Oil Panic against PK Fire spammers, but come on, the least Nintendo could have done was to give G&W a move where he could unload fishes like his aerial A attack. I know the feel on Greninja. I tried maining him, just no... I like the way he plays, and how he's similar to Melee/Project M Mewtwo. Then again, incoming Mewtwo DLC, that may change.

Did they nerf(weaken) his oil bucket? I havent played him in this one yet, but he is my main in Brawl, and the oil bucket was one of my favorite moves of his.

I haven't played this in a while, I probably will play some today.
Strangely enough I can't quote, but no the Oil Panic isn't nerfed. I've managed to successfully destroy spammers with it, but they need over 70% damage for it to be kill.
Just confirmed That. Fell short of a KO at 68. Nailed the oil for a kill.

So Kirby's switch side hammer. It has saved me so many games. Lucario's good, but in order t rise, his landing recovery after the 3rd jump needs to be shortened. I got KO'd from those. Greninja is pretty nice, especially the side b, but I keep accidentally doing side b instead of up b.
(Mar. 05, 2015  2:49 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2015  12:57 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: (still iffy with his recovery. Pushing side B is a habit now.)

Sometimes it works if you time it right that you can appear right next to the enemy and hit them because they can't see the shadow. I do that occasionally, and I play Greninja often enough that I have a pretty good idea of where the shadow would be at a certain time.

I do mess up my recovery sometimes with the 3DS reading a sloppy up B as side B, but I've more or less gotten used to the controls. The 3DS controls really aren't that bad, you just need to have precise movement (and if you're trying to play Smash Bros. competitively that's something you need anyways).

It won't feel as smooth as GameCube.
Semi-nostalgia, BUT, the notched sides around the analog makes it very easy to play precisely.
Agreed. Right now, I'm feeling very low compared to my school buddies. I still can't beat lvl 7's. I still lose stocks on lvl 6. Im facing guys that defeat lvl 9's with <30% taken. Carp my life.
(Mar. 14, 2015  12:25 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Agreed. Right now, I'm feeling very low compared to my school buddies. I still can't beat lvl 7's. I still lose stocks on lvl 6. Im facing guys that defeat lvl 9's with <30% taken. Carp my life.

Go analog (;
(Mar. 14, 2015  12:25 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Agreed. Right now, I'm feeling very low compared to my school buddies. I still can't beat lvl 7's. I still lose stocks on lvl 6. Im facing guys that defeat lvl 9's with <30% taken. Carp my life.

I know that feel, but I could pwn level 9s with under 30% damage with two stock. Yet I lose to my school friends too. I also could spike with well, 8 characters. And I lose a lot.
I'll be honest, I feel more powerful in smash 3ds than I ever did in 64, melee, or brawl. I owned all three at a point. It's been forever for 64, Unless I hit a falcon punch with C-Falc in melee, I was done for, and Wolf only could do so much for me in Brawl before he was overtaken by my opponent. I'm the best in 3ds out of all smash games, but habit of side-B being my savior combined with the confusion I give myself. For example, with Greninja's recovery, if I accidentally press side-b, I have to put the stick back and then go up-b, and by that time, I'm dead.

Of course, this is the same guy who has such poor reaction time that he sometimes swings at a tennis ball like a second and a half late at best and failed thrice to catch a meter stick being dropped straight down...
Am I the only one who prefers the Wii Remote sideways method of playing? Idk, It's just always fit best for me and I've done the best with it. It seems like 90% of the general population uses the Gamecube controller, though...