Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion

(Mar. 27, 2015  6:08 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Am I one of the few people with the 3DS version or something? Gasp

I have it too. But I can't find connect my ds to wifi for some reason. It keeps asking for a WEP key, which is not on my rouder. If I get it to work I'll smash u
(Mar. 27, 2015  3:46 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2015  6:27 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2015  11:14 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: You guys could play me too, my NNID is the same as my username.

Maybe we could arrange a 3-way battle?

Or someone else that has a Wuu I.

If we could get 4 players from here that wuld be awesome. This game isn't crossplatform is it?

You can only use 3DS on Wuu I in local multiplayer, sadly.
So yeah. 3 then.
When can we do this, and beware of my taunt comments. I know the accent mark filter exploit. Every time there's 3 player with me, crazy stuff happens. One time I was Shulk and got spiked by Ganondorf but saved by Falco's Up-B recovery, only to be spiked again by Ganondorf. It was an awesome moment even though I lost. I'll send it to you guys on replays.
I don't know.... Maybe we should organize a date for this or something.
(Mar. 30, 2015  3:10 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I don't know.... Maybe we should organize a date for this or something.

How about sometime today? I'm having my friends over that are pro so I'll get in some good training. Not that it would help, it would most likely break me but I'll try.
(Mar. 30, 2015  5:21 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2015  3:10 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I don't know.... Maybe we should organize a date for this or something.

How about sometime today? I'm having my friends over that are pro so I'll get in some good training. Not that it would help, it would most likely break me but I'll try.

I can't do today, I can probably do tomorrow, though. As for time, my schedule is never really set in stone so I guess I'll just be on, when I'm on lol
Lucas confirmed.
Ballot for fighters out.
Voted Roy.
(Apr. 03, 2015  7:22 AM)Neo Wrote: Lucas confirmed.
Ballot for fighters out.
Voted Roy.

I'm so glad they're putting Lucas in Smash 4.

I can imagine a lot of Ridley votes in the ballot.
I was a Lucas main, so I carped my pants. Wait until June, and in the meantime hunting down a Lucina and Pac Man Amiibo won't be easy. All sold out in preorders, why!?
My vote is for Wolf. He was one of my top 4 in Brawl. Side B was great, and a lot of powerful moves. Finisher also had more control than Fox/Falco IMO (I dunno if its different at all, but it felt that way).
Wait.. there's a vote for a character you'd want to be in Smash? Where can I find it?

Also, I unlocked my Brawl main and video-game counterpart, Mr. Game and Watch, yesterday! I played a few matches online, but I need to reacquaint myself with his style because I'm so used to playing Pac-Man.
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ Enter a character and Why
As much as I want previous characters back in smash, I really want to see characters who've never been in the SSB franchise, like, Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series and Banjo Kazooie from the Banjo-Kazooie series(which I highly doubt especially now that he is owned by Microsoft)

I wish those previous characters get a special release outside of the ballot so that voting is more concentrated on the new.
(Apr. 03, 2015  8:14 PM)DaSacredKnee Wrote: As much as I want previous characters back in smash, I really want to see characters who've never been in the SSB franchise, like, Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series and Banjo Kazooie from the Banjo-Kazooie series(which I highly doubt especially now that he is owned by Microsoft)

I wish those previous characters get a special release outside of the ballot so that voting is more concentrated on the new.

Banjo In Smash? heh.
(Apr. 04, 2015  5:48 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2015  8:14 PM)DaSacredKnee Wrote: As much as I want previous characters back in smash, I really want to see characters who've never been in the SSB franchise, like, Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series and Banjo Kazooie from the Banjo-Kazooie series(which I highly doubt especially now that he is owned by Microsoft)

Banjo In Smash? heh.

YES! Then again, they may be another Duck Hunt.
Sacred, I just realized your avatar is Hugh wearing Luigi stuff and not actually Luigi. XD

Anyways, I would say that Seeing older characters may be more common. Snake and Wolf were surprisingly popular. I loved Wolf in Brawl. Of course, this should only be a one time thing while Brawl characters are still semi-relevant. It cant carry on unless new games come out for those Brawl characters. The reason some stayed is popularity or the new titles including them.
I like the idea of the fighters ballot, but at the same time I feel like the big name Youtubes that play smash are going to have almost all the say. For instance if Shofu said that he wanted Wolf to come back then a lot of his subscribers would vote for wolf to come back simply because that's who Shofu wants.

It could not be like that at all(which I'm hopeing). Anyway I voted for Skull Kid because he would be awesome in smash.
Finally got my internet to connect on my 3ds. Who wants to battle.
I want to put this out there right now my internet is not the best. And my friend code is 3411-0503-3737.
Man, I have not been on this forum in a long time...Ok back on topic,

This is a little bit late but YES LUCAS IS BACK!!! He used to be my secondary main back in Brawl. Too bad I'm pretty rusty with him XD. I'm also really happy that they introduced the fighter ballot. Personally, the person I want to see get in is Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I don't really understand why whenever I bring him up, people always go "Sora in Smash Bros?!?! That'll never happen!" Well, look at the game Super Smash Flash 2, Sora is a fighter in there and he seems to fit in pretty nicely. And sure, he did originate on a Sony console and four of his games are on that platform (Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, 3, and Birth by Sleep). But, the Kingdom Hearts series has been on Nintendo consoles. Chain of Memories on GBA, 358/2 Days on DS, ReCoded on DS, and Dream Drop Distance on 3DS. Also I should mention, the handheld games are not spin-offs. Every single game contributes to the main story in some way. All leading up to Kingdom Hearts 3. And seeing how half of Sora's games are on Nintendo consoles, Sora has a pretty good chance of getting into Smash Bros. His moveset would also be very elaborate and unique especially for a sword fighter (his sword being the Keyblade). Neutral B would be Strike Raid (Sora throws the Keyblade which could deal some multi hits to the opponent), Side B would be Sonic Rave (Sora rushes at the enemy. Kind of like Fox/Falco's side B or Ike's. You can also charge up this attack to make Sora charge farther.) Down B could be a counter or Firaga (Fireballs spin and surround Sora). Finally, his Up B would probably just be an upward slash kind of like Marth's up B. Sora's final smash would be him going into final form (in Kingdom Hearts 2, Sora is able to transform himself into different forms. These forms change his clothes and give him incredible powers.). Final form is the strongest of Sora's "Drive Forms" where Sora's clothes change from black to white with black flames on it. He then has not one but two Keyblade's levitating behind him. Sora is not invincible though unlike Super Sonic. But all of his stats skyrocket. Sora can unleash devastating attacks with his two Keyblades dealing heavy damage and amazing knock-back. One of the corners on the screen will show the Drive Gauge from Kingdom Hearts 2. When the Gauge runs out, the final smash will be over.

Wow...I just wrote a novel didn't I...XD
Sora is annoyingly good in SSF2, well, to me that is Serious
His combo potential is just disgusting

Yeah, I would have to agree with you, Sora would make a nice addition to smash 4, and from judging him from SSF2, I couldn't agree more.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Here some interesting stuff I found on Youtube

A clip of an amazing Ganon combo.
[Image: jPjC45y.gif]

Here's the link to the full fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyuINAbhkg4

An amazing Captain Falcon combo montage by Trifroze you should check out his other vids!

There's currently a sequel to this
School buddy Mitchell gave me a similar Ganon combo in a match, only he managed to recover.

I could see Sora being in Smash, but with a character that can do as much as he can, He could be better than Rosalina. i say include him, but nerf him and bring only a few of his abilities. Easy path? Make him a lighter, quicker, and maybe less powerful Shulk (I mean his hits do less damage than Shulk's). Might still keep him up there, but not too high up.

Goodness, I'm gonna make all the Kingdom Hearts fans mad, aren't I? Well, that's what I get for never playing a single game in the series, I suppose...
(Apr. 07, 2015  12:54 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: School buddy Mitchell gave me a similar Ganon combo in a match, only he managed to recover.

I could see Sora being in Smash, but with a character that can do as much as he can, He could be better than Rosalina. i say include him, but nerf him and bring only a few of his abilities. Easy path? Make him a lighter, quicker, and maybe less powerful Shulk (I mean his hits do less damage than Shulk's). Might still keep him up there, but not too high up.

Goodness, I'm gonna make all the Kingdom Hearts fans mad, aren't I? Well, that's what I get for never playing a single game in the series, I suppose...

I like how you're giving him constructive criticism as a smash character.

You're alright in my book Smile

I believe any 'good' character, as in fitting for smash, is equally potential as any other 'good' character at making it into the game.

It all comes down to the fans' character choice and explanation and the developers' decision. (that's what I'm guessing the ballot would be like)

Edit: First part of my sentence was a bit unnecessary
At first I sent in a vot for Shadow the Hedgehog before I realized that he was already an assist trophy. Then I sent one in for Rayman. I would LOVE to see him as a playable character.
(Apr. 07, 2015  12:54 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: School buddy Mitchell gave me a similar Ganon combo in a match, only he managed to recover.

It's ok! Besides, constructive criticism is good right? I do have to agree with you on nerfing him a little bit. Can't have a smash character that would be too overpowered now can we?
(Apr. 07, 2015  5:48 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: At first I sent in a vot for Shadow the Hedgehog before I realized that he was already an assist trophy. Then I sent one in for Rayman. I would LOVE to see him as a playable character.

The Rayman DLC hoax much? I'd like to see him too. Anyone heard that Banjo-Kazooie are possible if they're voted in the top 3? I'm amazed at Microsoft in a positive way! Bring Conker while were at it!