Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion

(Apr. 07, 2015  5:48 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Shadow the Hedgehog

Considering he's the 2nd most popular character in the Sonic franchise (as of 2013), I am surprised he hasn't already been considered for DLC. I'd love to see it.
I voted for Impa in the smash ballot. Anyone share this opinion?
(Apr. 08, 2015  12:20 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:

Considering he's the 2nd most popular character in the Sonic franchise (as of 2013), I am surprised he hasn't already been considered for DLC. I'd love to see it.

My only concern with Shadow is how different they could make him from Sonic. We already have Dr. Mario, Toon Link, Dark Pit, and Lucina, and I'd rather have a new character in entirety rather than just a variation with some slight tweaks. I know Lucina and Marth aren't the same character but in SSB4 their moves (and maybe play styles as well?) are almost identical.

I haven't really come up with any good ideas for who to vote for on my own, but I'll probably vote for Sora now that some of you have given me the idea.
(Apr. 08, 2015  3:20 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2015  12:20 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:

My only concern with Shadow is how different they could make him from Sonic. We already have Dr. Mario, Toon Link, Dark Pit, and Lucina, and I'd rather have a new character in entirety rather than just a variation with some slight tweaks. I know Lucina and Marth aren't the same character but in SSB4 their moves (and maybe play styles as well?) are almost identical.

I haven't really come up with any good ideas for who to vote for on my own, but I'll probably vote for Sora now that some of you have given me the idea.

As a regular Lucina player, (Doesn't the avatar sell that?) I could say she's more less a female stronger version of Marth. I've attempted to main Marth, that didn't work. He's significantly weaker, he's a mid range fighter, only the edge of his sword has power, otherwise known as a Killing Edge in the games they're from.
(Apr. 08, 2015  4:47 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2015  3:20 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2015  12:20 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Considering he's the 2nd most popular character in the Sonic franchise (as of 2013), I am surprised he hasn't already been considered for DLC. I'd love to see it.

As a regular Lucina player, (Doesn't the avatar sell that?) I could say she's more less a female stronger version of Marth. I've attempted to main Marth, that didn't work. He's significantly weaker, he's a mid range fighter, only the edge of his sword has power, otherwise known as a Killing Edge in the games they're from.

Tipping.
He's the same character, minimally slower then Lucina, and does more damage.

This is why they should've only put in robin.
Roy is easily a better choice because
-He's from Melee
-Returning, cut character
-his game is popular over in Japan
-semiclone, actually different then marth.

/rant
There already is Roy, just check the Bowser Jr alternates!
I'm not gonna carp all over what you wish for Roy, i'll continue #rekting with Lucina and Robin online.
Kirito for Smash pl0x

I really ought to start playing smash again. I miss it. Would the 3DS would be a better handheld to get rather than the Wii U for Smash?
(Apr. 08, 2015  6:44 AM)Kujikato Wrote: Kirito for Smash pl0x

I really ought to start playing smash again. I miss it. Would the 3DS would be a better handheld to get rather than the Wii U for Smash?

Get the Wii U version. I have both and play the Wii U far more often.
(Apr. 08, 2015  3:20 AM)Wombat Wrote: My only concern with Shadow is how different they could make him from Sonic. We already have Dr. Mario, Toon Link, Dark Pit, and Lucina, and I'd rather have a new character in entirety rather than just a variation with some slight tweaks. I know Lucina and Marth aren't the same character but in SSB4 their moves (and maybe play styles as well?) are almost identical.

I think that if done right, they could make Shadow a very different character than Sonic. Shadow's speed is from his time manipulation, and that in itself could make a lot of movesets. They also could draw inspiration from his solo game, with him bringing out a motorcycle or gun, Wario style.
Obviously his Final Smash would be Chaos Control, but you can still see all the possibilities.
Can somebody give me some examples of enemies whose moves aren't affected when getting hit? Example, Ganon's Charge punch. I have been encountering a lot, and I dont know who else has similar attacks
(Apr. 15, 2015  12:00 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Can somebody give me some examples of enemies whose moves aren't affected when getting hit? Example, Ganon's Charge punch. I have been encountering a lot, and I dont know who else has similar attacks

Not sure if it carried over from Brawl, but I think Ike might be invincible when doing Aether. You just need to throw up the sword at the right time.
Yeah, cause I also know Charizard's Rock Smash is a super armor move, but I dontv wanna get myself close if its like that.
(Apr. 15, 2015  3:08 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2015  12:00 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Can somebody give me some examples of enemies whose moves aren't affected when getting hit? Example, Ganon's Charge punch. I have been encountering a lot, and I dont know who else has similar attacks

Not sure if it carried over from Brawl, but I think Ike might be invincible when doing Aether. You just need to throw up the sword at the right time.

UGottaCetus Yeah, Ike's upB invincibility did carry over from Brawl according to this list from smashboards, last edited 4/5/15

http://smashboards.com/threads/invincibi...st.371822/

Edit: list is subject to change
Did anybody get the Mewtwo DLC? I received my codes two days ago.
(Apr. 17, 2015  12:46 PM)~Pegasus~ Wrote: Did anybody get the Mewtwo DLC? I received my codes two days ago.

No, but I watched a gameplay video and he looks incredibly OP. Very powerful attacks, teleportation, a great recovery and a throw that can be combo'd into.
(Apr. 17, 2015  3:15 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote:
(Apr. 17, 2015  12:46 PM)~Pegasus~ Wrote: Did anybody get the Mewtwo DLC? I received my codes two days ago.

No, but I watched a gameplay video and he looks incredibly OP. Very powerful attacks, teleportation, a great recovery and a throw that can be combo'd into.

He's very strong and has many KO options, but too floaty and has Rosalina Sydrome (very light).
I got the DLC, he's hard to control at first, but man is he awesome to play as. I think i'll consider him good if i manage to make my friends rage when i win as Mewtwo.
An article I saw said he was "on the juice". I believe it from what I've seen. I wish I could get a code Unhappy

Oh well, I still got my buffed Kirby and uber nerfed Greninja.
Anyone wanna play right about...now?
I'm willing, but we gotta set up a time. College is busy. Tuesdays and THursdays after 12:30 PM EST is fine with me. Stem message would be quicker for me, but you can just PM me if you don't have one.
Just started trying out Lucina, and I quite like her playstyle. Yea, I know it's basically a clone of Marth, but her moves seem, quicker to me. Also the character is pretty cool as well, definitely gonna do some practicing fighting with her.
Lucina, to me, plays a bit like Melee Marth. I was disappointed in Brawl/Sm4sh Marth because the new physics made playing the Melee playstyle impossible (except for against Fox, because fast-fallers are fun). Meanwhile, Lucina plays slightly more like Melee Marth. Can't quite describe how. Her fast-falling seems a tad more controlled, so stringing F-airs is a bit easier. (Which TOTALLY takes advantage of the floaty physics.) Same for B-airs. And I seem to be able to get more tippers with Lucina, but I doubt that is intentional.

One Mewtwo: He's such a glass cannon. I love it. He'll be competitive for a long time, though his up-throw doesn't kill as early as it did in Melee, except for on REALLY low ceilings. I think he's really set-up heavy, though. If your combos string properly, you can rack up damage before that Shadow Ball or up-throw for the kill.

But I love the recovery. The options that Mewtwo has are astonishing. Tossing a fully-charged Shadow Ball for propulsion, the up-B, the side-B for a bit of a boost, and, of course, his insane jump range. Plus, using the Shadow Ball can get you some serious distance to rethink some things.
(May. 29, 2015  7:08 AM)Temporal Wrote: Lucina, to me, plays a bit like Melee Marth. I was disappointed in Brawl/Sm4sh Marth because the new physics made playing the Melee playstyle impossible (except for against Fox, because fast-fallers are fun). Meanwhile, Lucina plays slightly more like Melee Marth. Can't quite describe how. Her fast-falling seems a tad more controlled, so stringing F-airs is a bit easier. (Which TOTALLY takes advantage of the floaty physics.) Same for B-airs. And I seem to be able to get more tippers with Lucina, but I doubt that is intentional.

One Mewtwo: He's such a glass cannon. I love it. He'll be competitive for a long time, though his up-throw doesn't kill as early as it did in Melee, except for on REALLY low ceilings. I think he's really set-up heavy, though. If your combos string properly, you can rack up damage before that Shadow Ball or up-throw for the kill.

But I love the recovery. The options that Mewtwo has are astonishing. Tossing a fully-charged Shadow Ball for propulsion, the up-B, the side-B for a bit of a boost, and, of course, his insane jump range. Plus, using the Shadow Ball can get you some serious distance to rethink some things.
About Lucina, she doesn't have a tipper, no joke. Her moves are balanced. Being a Marth main, I know that there are no changes in speed or air speed that is different about Lucina and Marth. I practice with Marth a lot, and you can string forward air together easily, same goes for Lucina, Shulk, And Mega Man, those three have similar fairs
Hence my fanservice avatar, I'm a true Lucina mainer. I've tried to main Marth a week ago, it's like controlling Killing Edge from the Fire Emblem series without critical hits. Marth seems a little slower to me, but as you could see from the sword trails, Lucina's is a full trail, whereas Marth's is a fade-in. And comboing with both is fun, I made one of my friends quit the match due to my air combo. Too bad I can't find me a Marth Amiibo, then again II have Lucina, time to teach it to counter everything.
(May. 30, 2015  9:19 PM)~Eclipse~ Wrote:
(May. 29, 2015  7:08 AM)Temporal Wrote: Lucina, to me, plays a bit like Melee Marth. I was disappointed in Brawl/Sm4sh Marth because the new physics made playing the Melee playstyle impossible (except for against Fox, because fast-fallers are fun). Meanwhile, Lucina plays slightly more like Melee Marth. Can't quite describe how. Her fast-falling seems a tad more controlled, so stringing F-airs is a bit easier. (Which TOTALLY takes advantage of the floaty physics.) Same for B-airs. And I seem to be able to get more tippers with Lucina, but I doubt that is intentional.

About Lucina, she doesn't have a tipper, no joke. Her moves are balanced. Being a Marth main, I know that there are no changes in speed or air speed that is different about Lucina and Marth. I practice with Marth a lot, and you can string forward air together easily, same goes for Lucina, Shulk, And Mega Man, those three have similar fairs

The lack of tippers doing anything explain a lot. But I was referencing more of the spacing of a tipper, in the Melee sense. In Melee, one could go from a poke to taking a stock by simply stringing short-hops, fairs, and spacing (at tipper distance) to bait out air-dodges.

As for the fairs, I figured nothing had changed. But the ability to not worry so much about spacing is what makes tossing out fairs to much easier with Lucina. Especially for someone who is used to playing Melee Marth, and relies heavily on fairs, down-tilts, and the occasional spike.