Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion

(Jun. 21, 2012  1:59 PM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2012  8:26 AM)TheGreatFico Wrote: They are many thingd Nintendo could honestly do to ruin this.
But the most important thing to me is Toon Link staying. Nintendo takes it as a trademark like Samus Link and Mario now having his own AR Card with the 3DS (Original Launch at least) I believe they will most likely replace Lucario with Zoarack and Zoraack would ruin it but Lucario would just be missed.

It's sadly true that Lucario will be replaced. He's my main character... Then ZSS, Lucas, Pit and Ike, but Lucario is my all-time fave.

It's spelled Zoroark, just look it up...

At the very least, I hope they can do something about its Illusion ability, that would be amazing.

Halo Reach hologram gogogo!
I am not even going to ask if that has any relevance to this thread because we all know the answer...

Sadly true that Lucario is being replaced? I beg to differ; Mewtwo is boss =P Well, Zororark is one of the few B&W Pokemon I like, and it has a darker nature to it than Lucario, which will make for a better charater IMO
(Apr. 25, 2012  12:51 AM)Nuzumaki90 Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2012  5:36 PM)Purple Pony Wrote: I'm not understanding this. Just stick with the normal wii and we'll be happy. I agree with Robsta, Melee with new characters and graphics. But now they're jacking it up and putting it on a 3DS and IIRC, a mini wii. Stuff that most people don't have.

The wii died months after SMG2. The only games giving it that spark to compete with other consoles were by Nintendo and for a bit, SEGA. Why would Nintendo try to keep making games for a console that has a huge lack of GOOD 3rd party content, only have around 12-15 games on it that are remotely fun, and down right terrible online playability. I'm not trying to bash the Wii but there is a reason why its dying/dead.

Also, Melee with better graphics already happened - SSBB. They can't make it any better than that on the Wii because of its 480p restrictions. The 3DS needs its own version with brawl, not obly because of the 3D effect, but also because of the massive amount of gimmicks the 3DS holds, not to mention the overwhelmingly awesome Nintendo Network.
Finally, I'd really like to see Shadow, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, EGGMAN, Tails, Zero, Megaman, Liquid, Dark Samus, Infernape, Lucario/Mewtwo, Sceptile, Blastoise, Emboar/Zekrom, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., Little Mac, Samurai Goroh, Krystal, Ryu(Ng), Street Fighter Characters, Bomberman, Super Monkey Ball characters, Resident Evil characters, Viewtiful Joe, and Mr and Ms Pac-Man
you do know that like half of the things you listed are capcom, not nintendo...
NINTENDO MUST PUT IN TAILS, KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA, AND SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG!!
CAPS LOCK doesn't help your cause, Fluttershy, and that's kind of like SPAM...
As far as I see, no one wants some Birdo or Paper Mario in this. Oh well, it'd be cool. Well, since brawl had a pretty nice Adventure mode, I'm expecting about as much, if not more.
Considering that there are few characters in SSBB, all unlocked around 30ish, Nintendo should have a credits thing where you could download certain characters in SSBB and the tenatively titled Wii U title: Super Smash Bros Universe, or SSBU. The characters i'd want are Toad, Toadette, ( same thing, ik) An updated Pokemon trainer( Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott) Little Mac, Tails, Knuckles, and that's it for now. EDIT: and shadow... and why do my replies always get blindsided by someone else???
Well I've been inactive for a few weeks because I've been making SSB4 rosters. Well I have some guesses.

Interesting list Dream Inc.

I am certain they would put PKMN Trainer back in probly with simpel Unova pkmn but I wish it could change region on color, also my brother opened a view for me on PKMN Trainer, He suggested a female version of pkmn trainer which I agree with like how Wrio can go to original Wario or Wario Ware Version (?)
I don't think Meowth would be on honestly true reoccurring but only in the anime while Pikachu was the star orignally in Yellow which is the Big Game wise reason Pikachu got big.

As for other ideas, I think that Super Smash Bros Universe would be amazing with all charactes that were their own individual should be back (EX: Mario=Dr Mario Same person) I don't really care about clones or not but don't like characters that are actually the same I feel it is the same as forms which doesn't make them different person wise.

So I want characters back from melee and stuff. (Roy, Mewtwo) and some nice ones added such as megaman. I don't 100% agree with your list and think some parts are wrong but all things set aside it looks quite possible.
@TheGreatFico
I, to want the four removed from Melee to Brawl back, I used to play as all four, but they were all removed for a reason.

Roy- was only there for advertising, and was a clone of Marth.
Dr. Mario- Oh my gosh I want him back, but he was clone.
Young Link- Unlike Toon Link, he was the same person as regular Link.
Mewtwo- The most interesting one of all, was removed because of fan demand. People told Sakurai that he was to weak, but Sakurai thought they didn't like Mewtwo in general, and gave his moveset to Lucario.

Pokemon Trainer will probably keep his Kanto starters because Charizard is the most popular Pokemon, Pokemon trainer is supposed to represent the entire series, and I put in Zoroark to represent 5th gen. The color changes were basically just a thing I'm hoping for.

Meowth stars in lots of Pokemon spin-off games, including the new game Pokemon Conquest(?), and is a reoccurring villain in Pokemon Yellow, and was planned to be put in SSB64, along with Mewtwo and Pit, who all got into later SSB games. Meowth is also one of my favorite Pokemon, but that doesn't prove anything. Eee Thanks for the feedback!

Bro, Samurai Goroh and Isaac were assist trophies and Ridley was a boss in Brawl. I don't think they will be coming in, plus the size of Ridley and his attacks imply 'boss character', not really 'playable character'.

How in the world could you make Pac-Man a playable character in SSB4?
Charizard and Bowser were toned down for SSB. Just because they were assist trophies doesn't mean they will be in SSB4. Pokeball Pokemon are removed sometimes. IIRC, I think Squirtle was a Pokeball Pokemon. As for Pacman, I was thinking something like from the Pacman Party games.

(Jul. 14, 2012  11:08 PM)Dream Inc. Wrote: Well I've been inactive for a few weeks because I've been making SSB4 rosters. Well I have some guesses.

Honestly, all I like out of all of that is Krystal, Little Mac, and Isaac...

No Waddle Dee? Who's Galacta Knight? Why not bring back Roy?

Also, just cause it's a Nintendo game is no reason to not add on more Sonic characters. At least put Tails and Shadow in there... Ya got the most popular, add 2nd and 3rd in there... I also think Sonic is in a contract with Nintendo's system's anyway...

Going on, Ridley's too huge for a playable character. If Master Hand's not playable LEGALLY, definitely not Ridley...

Lastly, some of those characters you listed (Muddy Mole, Sheriff, Next Lord, etc.) I don't even know, and I look up GameFacts on all of these types of people...
Kirby Super Star Ultra had him on the Meta Knight sub-game. I believe he was the final boss? I can't remember. :\

EDIT: Tried to post an image, didn't work. Anyway, Galacta Knight looks a lot like Meta Knight.
Well, no need to copy a SS tier character from Brawl. Meta's already banned as it is from tournaments!
DefStamina88
I don't like most of the characters either, this is a prediction, not a wishlist.
If DDD is coming back, then the only chance of a Waddle Dee is Bandana Dee, and Galacta Knight is a more important character(IMO).
Galacta Knight is this dude:
[Image: GalactaknightKSSU.png]
Roy is like a 30% chance because he only starred in one FE game, was only in Melee to advertise for that game, and was a clone of Marth. Don't get me wrong, I love Roy, there's just to many reasons for him not to come back.
Wherever I go, I see people say that Ridley's to big. Charizard and Bowser were toned down I believe.
You're not supposed to know who Sheriff and Muddy Mole are. They're supposed to be like, ROB, MRGW, Ice Climbers, and Pit(when Brawl was released). Next Lord isn't a character, it's just a placeholder for the next FE main character.
About the whole Sonic character thing, Sakurai said he only wants one new third party, and that he wants a Capcom rep (Megaman/Ryu). Wait Nintendo owns Sonic? Huh? Since when? The only reason Sonic got in is that a few years ago Nintendo and Sega were rivals, and SSB is about Nintendo's All star's and Sonic got in because he was rivals with Mario. Snake is an exception.
EDIT:
@ Your new post
Just cause he looks like MK doesn't mean he'll use the same moves. Also, MK will almost definitely be nerfed for the next game. I would've said this in the original post, but you posted while I was posting.
(Jul. 16, 2012  2:14 PM)Dream Inc. Wrote: DefStamina88
I don't like most of the characters either, this is a prediction, not a wishlist.
If DDD is coming back, then the only chance of a Waddle Dee is Bandana Dee, and Galacta Knight is a more important character(IMO).
Galacta Knight is this dude:
[Image: GalactaknightKSSU.png]
Roy is like a 30% chance because he only starred in one FE game, was only in Melee to advertise for that game, and was a clone of Marth. Don't get me wrong, I love Roy, there's just to many reasons for him not to come back.
Wherever I go, I see people say that Ridley's to big. Charizard and Bowser were toned down I believe.
You're not supposed to know who Sheriff and Muddy Mole are. They're supposed to be like, ROB, MRGW, Ice Climbers, and Pit(when Brawl was released). Next Lord isn't a character, it's just a placeholder for the next FE main character.
About the whole Sonic character thing, Sakurai said he only wants one new third party, and that he wants a Capcom rep (Megaman/Ryu). Wait Nintendo owns Sonic? Huh? Since when? The only reason Sonic got in is that a few years ago Nintendo and Sega were rivals, and SSB is about Nintendo's All star's and Sonic got in because he was rivals with Mario. Snake is an exception.

About the Sonic thing, Sonic now also has a contract with Nintendo, stating that his games and fellow characters can now have games on Nintendo consoles. Now instead of being limited to Sony and Microsoft (along with PS3), he can now go on other systems such as the Wii and 3DS. Since Mario was hogging up some glory having a wide variety of consoles to appear on, Nintendo felt that their Rival wasn't as popular now, so they came to an agreement to add Sonic to Nintendo Consoles...

As for Sheriff and Muddy Mole, you're saying that they were on an extremely old game, such as the Original Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, MRGW, and ROB were?

Capcom has their own series of Fighting games. They have plenty of other consoles as well. Usually, new characters from other companies (SEGA, Capcom, etc.) only appear on the Wii when they have few to no other systems to place them on... EX: Kirby's Return to DreamLand was originally going to be a GameCube game, but since the Gamecube was dropping off, they had to resort to a different system, hence why it's a Wii game...

Continuing on Kirby, I was personally thinking Bandana Dee actually, because the regular Waddle Dees would probably be just like Kirby, so it's fair to give him a weapon, and yeah, Galacta Knight hasn't really had enough appearances in shows or games (aside from superstar) to be put in this game...

And Last, Roy was a popular guy in Melee, and a lot of people liked playing as him over Marth (despite the fact that Roy was only in one game), and even though Marth's higher on Melee's tier list, Roy was more favored because of his Fire powers, compared to Marth's darker powers, even though they had the same play style, which is why they probably brought Ike in to replace Roy. I think Roy should come back, fr popularity reasons...
(Jul. 16, 2012  2:32 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: About the Sonic thing, Sonic now also has a contract with Nintendo, stating that his games and fellow characters can now have games on Nintendo consoles. Now instead of being limited to Sony and Microsoft (along with PS3), he can now go on other systems such as the Wii and 3DS. Since Mario was hogging up some glory having a wide variety of consoles to appear on, Nintendo felt that their Rival wasn't as popular now, so they came to an agreement to add Sonic to Nintendo Consoles...
I did not know that thanks for the info!

(Jul. 16, 2012  2:32 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: As for Sheriff and Muddy Mole, you're saying that they were on an extremely old game, such as the Original Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, MRGW, and ROB were?
Yes

(Jul. 16, 2012  2:32 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Capcom has their own series of Fighting games. They have plenty of other consoles as well. Usually, new characters from other companies (SEGA, Capcom, etc.) only appear on the Wii when they have few to no other systems to place them on... EX: Kirby's Return to DreamLand was originally going to be a GameCube game, but since the Gamecube was dropping off, they had to resort to a different system, hence why it's a Wii game...
Yes, but Sakurai said he wanted a Capcom character.

(Jul. 16, 2012  2:32 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Continuing on Kirby, I was personally thinking Bandana Dee actually, because the regular Waddle Dees would probably be just like Kirby, so it's fair to give him a weapon, and yeah, Galacta Knight hasn't really had enough appearances in shows or games (aside from superstar) to be put in this game...
You definitively have point there.

(Jul. 16, 2012  2:32 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: And Last, Roy was a popular guy in Melee, and a lot of people liked playing as him over Marth (despite the fact that Roy was only in one game), and even though Marth's higher on Melee's tier list, Roy was more favored because of his Fire powers, compared to Marth's darker powers, even though they had the same play style, which is why they probably brought Ike in to replace Roy. I think Roy should come back, fr popularity reasons...
I guess if they gave him a new moveset and had him star in a new game.

Now I will go make a new roster and post it here!
EDIT: If Ridley's not good, then who do you guys think a good Metroid rep is?
Just wanted to mention he might have seemed a clone of marth but he is melees Ike But no where as slow and a bit less power in between Ike and Marth.
(Jul. 16, 2012  2:55 PM)Dream Inc. Wrote: If Ridley's not good, then who do you guys think a good Metroid rep is?

I personally think Samus/ZSS is good enough for a Metroid Representative. The only problem though is that ZSS is pretty much the only useable part of it, and there's really nobody else major, other than large bosses that could fill the slot...
Do you guys think Simon Belmont could replace Snake? If not who do you think a good Konami rep is? Snake is more of a PlayStation or XBOX thing. He's only had like one game for Nintendo. Do you guys think F-Zero, Mother/Earthbound, or Kid Icarus could get another rep?
DefStamina88
OK, thanks, I'm not a big Metroid person.
(Jul. 13, 2012  4:47 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: CAPS LOCK doesn't help your cause, Fluttershy, and that's kind of like SPAM...

Sorry... I can get a little overexcited.
(Jul. 16, 2012  3:50 PM)Dream Inc. Wrote: Do you guys think Simon Belmont could replace Snake?

Why should they get rid of Snake? He has a good variety of moves, a fair power level of 9001 (pun intended), and quite the range of recovery. He's also 3rd on the tier list as of Brawl's June 2011 roster, so they really shouldn't trash A top-tier player...
Well Simon has more to do with Nintendo, but I guess you're right.
Dream Inc. I think rather than Ridley, a Chozo would be more size appropriate wouldn't it? As for Square Enix, the character would probably be Cloud, Sora, or maybe even someone from Dragon Quest. They'll also probably add the last brother of the Mario family, Waluigi. Megaman would most definitely be Capcom's representative as his suits versatility would be a better fit for SSB.