Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion

Seeing that the 3DS and Wii U get SSB4 get this game is a very good thing. More systems is always good...
(Aug. 01, 2012  7:30 PM)Crab Commando Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2012  6:32 PM)Fluttershy Wrote: I heard rumors around the Internet that Optimus Prime and Megatron and a few other transformers will be put in!
Uh, the Transformers aren't video game characters, Fluttershy... :\
Adding on to this, they have nothing to do with Nintendo.

(Aug. 01, 2012  6:32 PM)Fluttershy Wrote: I heard rumors around the Internet that Optimus Prime and Megatron and a few other transformers will be put in!
Actually... They have had their fair share of video games... I'm sorry.

(Aug. 01, 2012  9:24 PM)McDonalds Wrote:
Adding on to this, they have nothing to do with Nintendo.
Actually, some of their games were on nintendo consoles...

Yeah but they didn't originate as video game characters. That is a prerequisite for being an SSB character.
(Aug. 12, 2012  12:43 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Yeah but they didn't originate as video game characters. That is a prerequisite for being an SSB character.
O-oh... s-sorry for wasting your time...Unhappy

It's supposedly Super Smash Bros. Galaxy or something like that.
(Aug. 12, 2012  2:46 PM)Fluttershy Wrote: O-oh... s-sorry for wasting your time...Unhappy

Don't worry about it, everyone makes mistakes.
Not trying to be Mr. Locksalot, but after reading through these last couple of comments, can't we just lock this topic until something useful can be posted? Like actual game information?
(Aug. 13, 2012  6:54 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Not trying to be Mr. Locksalot, but after reading through these last couple of comments, can't we just lock this topic until something useful can be posted? Like actual game information?
I second this. A lot of these people posting nonsense, and rumors are starting to anger me.

Closed until people have more to talk about than literally nothing but empty, meaningless speculatory nonsense.
Re-opening this thread on behalf of the TC, who has actual confirmed information to share.

If this thread starts filling with more baseless shenanigans, though, I will close it again.
K thanks Hazel, here it is:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/m...ash-bros-4
Info about the companies working on it, and some of the game developer's ideas and plans for the game. If anyone else sees some good news on the game, feel free to post it!

EDIT: This link doesn't work, use the one in the post beneath mine. Sorry.
The fixed link, since UGottaCetus copied the shortened link that had the ellipses in it (it doesn't work):
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/m...ash-bros-4
Shadow Link should be put in the new game. I also think that more Sonic characters should be added into it.
If Namco is the developer, this game will be moving up a tier. Maybe now the campaign won't be pointless, haha
(Aug. 26, 2012  1:41 AM)Akio314 Wrote: Shadow Link should be put in the new game. I also think that more Sonic characters should be added into it.
Did you even read the article? Sakurai said he doesn't want to add third-party characters willy-nilly. Also the fact that Namco is developing the game is old news.

I know its been a while since I updated, but I found a site with a lot of stuff about the game.
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.u...ros-wii-u/

In terms of new characters, things aren't looking too promising. It looks like it will generally be a combination of the previous 3 games with no new characters, but who knows?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/23/w...=390127633

News, guys. The third video goes over some stuff about SSB4, but I couldn't get much out of it because it was laggy. Its only in the first 30 seconds though, so not too much new stuff.
http://www.examiner.com/article/rumored-...la_inbound

I'm not totally sure how legitimate this is, but there are rumored characters. And it is mentioned, that the creators were going for a West vs East type of thing. Sounds interesting.
Here's to hoping they put Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening, also my avatar) in the game. I think they could really pull it off if she were a second form of Marth (somewhat like Samus). Or, maybe just a new character entirely? Either way, I'll be so overjoyed if they do.

Speaking of Zelda, what do you guys think about Toon Link? He hasn't appeared in a game for a while now, so his return is... unlikely, to be honest. Maybe ALttP 3D Link will make an appearance? It is a mystery

Again, I'm really hoping they put Lucina in. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. I also wish I could see an Animal Crossing character. Can you imagine that? The franchise is pretty big, I don't see why not to. And, sorry to Wolf, Toon Link, Lucario, and probably Ike. Them, just like Roy, Child Link and Mewtwo, seem more like Brawl exclusives than series regulars.
I've also seen people suggesting that they put in Link from Majora's mask in the game with all 4 masks. The goron mask, zora mask, deku mask, and fierce diety. Toon link would also be cool to have, and I'll definitely get this game for 3ds. I haven't played a SSB game yet, so this could be a good first.
FDM would be a final smash but would the others be Zelda style specials or PT style alt. characters?
If it's the later, would we ever see unmasked MM Link?
I posted something in the Gaming Random Thoughts thread too, but I guess I'll just link the videos here.

Two new characters: Animal Crossing Villager and Megaman!

I hate to double post, but wait! There's more!

pfftthahahaha
Wooooooooow...

I can safely say I didn't see THAT coming O____O