Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion

(Jun. 08, 2014  2:57 PM)Ga Wrote: He hasn't been banned from tournaments in an incredibly long time so idk what you're saying...

My point is that that tier list was actually made by tournament results and such. I'm a ZSS and Lucas main in Brawl and I know that Lucas is pretty bad.

No countering Meta Knight's moves with Ike's 'over-powered' moves wouldn't work because Ike is incredibly slow by comparison and has almost no movement options so MK can combo the hell out of him.
Well his down special reflects physical attacks and all of them are physical attacks
Ok, sort of back on topic, I nearly fainted when I found out about the gamecube controller adapter for the wii u. Now I can play the new smash bros without having to learn new controls. Grin Anybody going to watch the Smash bros tournament twitch stream?
well, I'm probably not going to buy it considering that I don't have a wii U or a 3DS, but for some reason the 3DS ver. has more modes...
Well, I think it comes with the wii u version. But I'm still going to get both versions. Maybe you could get a 2ds.

Is anybody going to the ssb smash fest at Best Buy?
I'm going to Best Buy today! Why am I bringing this up? You could play SSBU there! (Only in certain stores, and it's only today and the day after Friday the 13th. In other words Saturday the 14th.)
(Jun. 09, 2014  1:45 PM)Flambo. Wrote: Well, I think it comes with the wii u version. But I'm still going to get both versions. Maybe you could get a 2ds.

Is anybody going to the ssb smash fest at Best Buy?
nope, not worth it. It can't fold. What a bad model...
Couple of new things announced yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3ccMoQNHo (Pac-Man Trailer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqTW13AYniY (Palutena Trailer)

Pac-Man and Palutena are confirmed fighters.

"Amiibo" NFC figures and Mii fighters are announced.

There is also more information about Super Smash Bros. within the Digital Event, Treehouse Live, and Nintendo of America's Twitter.
I'm really looking forward to the amiibo figures. Leveling up your figures and battling against them or fighting alongside them just seems cool to me. Sorry Leone19, but I think I like this better than Skylanders IMO.
(Jun. 11, 2014  2:50 PM)Flambo. Wrote: I'm really looking forward to the amiibo figures. Leveling up your figures and battling against them or fighting alongside them just seems cool to me. Sorry Leone19, but I think I like this better than Skylanders IMO.
yeah, me too because you don't have to buy characters anymore. But one downfall in the game is that every character's cheapness level grew higher.
Did they change Super Sonic? I've heard a few rumors that they did.
(Jun. 12, 2014  4:33 AM)Flambo. Wrote: Did they change Super Sonic? I've heard a few rumors that they did.
i guess so since now everybody in the game is cheap now.
I'm so glad that Pac-Man made it into this game. I would've personally rathered his new 2013 design, but that means very little to me at this point. If Game and Watch doesn't make the cut, this guy will likely be my main player.
I'm glad that they wedged Pac Man with other Namco favorites, I espessially like they didn't put the new Pac Man, the blue eyes one. I'm curious to see the alternate costumes though.
Well, I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow for the Smash Fest. I'm planning on using Sonic and maybe trying out Little Mac and Greninja. I've heard that the lines get crazy long so I'm going there really early.
Please go early, I learned the hard way. I went Wednesday and I was near the front, they closed the store to everyone except those who were playing. I was so mad when they did that...
I did go early and I was pretty close to the front. They put us into groups and I was with two guys who were in their twenties and one guy who was in his late teens. It came down to a sudden death between me (sonic) and one of the guys in my group (greninja) At first, I ran away but then I waited until he was under me and I did sonic's up special attack and the spring hit greninja and he was koed and victory was mine. After I won somebody said "You let SONIC beat you?! MAn even I'm disappointed." It was awesome. I'm only fourteen. And they didn't change Super Sonic Grin

And man OwnageDerp that's got to suck. Did you go today at least?
I couldn't go for two reasons: I had a birthday party for my cousin, and the nearest Best Buy was in Chino, which is outside my Downtown area therefore making for hellish traffic. Short answer, no.
(Jun. 15, 2014  12:10 AM)Flambo. Wrote: I did go early and I was pretty close to the front. They put us into groups and I was with two guys who were in their twenties and one guy who was in his late teens. It came down to a sudden death between me (sonic) and one of the guys in my group (greninja) At first, I ran away but then I waited until he was under me and I did sonic's up special attack and the spring hit greninja and he was koed and victory was mine. After I won somebody said "You let SONIC beat you?! MAn even I'm disappointed." It was awesome. I'm only fourteen. And they didn't change Super Sonic Grin

And man OwnageDerp that's got to suck. Did you go today at least?

Those people need to respect that hedgehog. I played him yesterday, and I was playing very well. On top of that, I was the only one to dodge Mega Man's final smash (which is boss by the way...).
I won that fight, and one guy even said I played a good Sonic. I guess it was a good thing that i was playing Smash Bros. 64 on my phone.
I haven't kept up with this at all (especially since I only have a wii), but this doesn't use the stupid tablet controllers does it? Like there is some other option besides them on the wii u right?
they designed this with the pro controller in mind but have luckily released Gamecube adapters to connect GC controllers to the Wii U.
What's the pro controller? And #thankyoubasedgod. What are wii us selling for these days? With Mario kart and smash bros now on the horizon I might have to think about getting one for my dorm.
(Jun. 15, 2014  4:32 PM)Time Wrote: I haven't kept up with this at all (especially since I only have a wii), but this doesn't use the stupid tablet controllers does it? Like there is some other option besides them on the wii u right?
I believe the Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller (used it at Smash Fest), Wii Remote, Wii Remote with Nunchuck, Wii Classic Controller/Pro, and the Gamecube Controller (Via the adapter bundled with the Wii U version). You have plenty of options here.
Edit: I think i just got ninja'd.
(Jun. 15, 2014  4:36 PM)Time Wrote: What's the pro controller? And #thankyoubasedgod. What are wii us selling for these days? With Mario kart and smash bros now on the horizon I might have to think about getting one for my dorm.

Ditto.

Pro Controller to Wii U is the Classic Controller to the Wii essentially. Luckily Nintendo changed their minds.
Wii u's are normally around $300
Yeah, with the announcement of the GC Controller adapter I officially have no justification for not owning a Wii U one it comes out, haha

I can't wait for October 3rd so I can rock dat 3DS version (City Trial hoooo), and then I'll likely be doing some fenangling to see about getting a Wii U as a big Christmas gift this year B)

I'm still not sure who I'll be playing... obviously there is Diddy Kong (despite the many nerfs he's receiving), but the newcomers all look so cool. I mean, the Villager chops down tress; once I saw that I realized I was almost certainly going to have to main him (I have... issues... with trees, lol!).